Making the list (and not in a good way)

IndigoNova

Virgin
Joined
Oct 29, 2012
Posts
23
Charlotte was beyond paranoid. She had every right to be after learning her husband had increased her life insurance value on her and then hired someone to kill her. She had told the police but they didn't believe her. It was no wonder. Her husband was a cop too. Cops didn't turn on cops. That was the creed they were rumored to say.

But what about the wives? The spouses? Why did they have to feel so helpless.

No, what Charlotte needed was protection and that's what she was doing right now. Waiting for protection in the next town over. How she had gotten in touch with this guy was a miracle in her eyes. It seemed like there were eyes all over in her town.

'He' had said he'd meet her at 3pm. It was 3:23pm. He was late. She was going to give him a few more minutes and then leave. It was too dangerous to stay in one place for too long. If this didn't pan out, she would need to go on the run by herself because she knew her husband was looking for her.

Black-Boobs-Go-Out-21-Years-Earlier-2.jpg
 
“You sure this is a good idea boss?”

Enrique took another measured drag of his cigarette. He was set up in the shallow alcove across the street watching the client to make sure she wasn’t followed. He pushed the brim of his hat up a few more inches taking in the beautiful girl who seemed to be in pure fear for her life. His bright green eyes assessed her for a few more minutes the fading light of his spent cigarette beginning to twinkle out of existence.

“This woman needs help” Enrique reminded Scorpio his partner and the guy speaking in his ear “her husband put out a hit on her even though we cant confirm its him”

“Her husband is a cop” Scorpio reminded him “we are just PI’s there isn’t much we can do to protect her from that”

He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. Scorpio was a good chap but he wasn’t motivated with any thing beside money. This wasn’t exactly a paying job that was for certain and it was going to give them a bunch of unwanted attention but Enrique was of a much more… nobler breed than Scorpio.

And this young woman needed help

He moved out of the shadow of the alcove stepping into the streetlight. The fedora on his head moving slightly as he approached her. He was clad in a black suit cut to show off his frame and lean physique with a blood red tie to match. His skin was tan from years of working as a beat cop in the slums of the city. Their was a five o clock shadow on his face and a pair of watchful intense green eyes scanned the street as he came over to her.

“Ma’am” He said holding out his hand “My name is Enrique you called asking for my help and my protection I am sorry I am late I just wanted to make sure you weren’t followed how about we go to my office?”
 
With hands sweating. Heart racing and breathing shallow, Charlotte looked at the man and could only nod as her brown eyes bore into his green ones. The power he carried already made her feel a bit wary yet safe in his presence. She could only nod at his intro and it took her brain several seconds to comprehend he was hold his hand out to her. Never one to be rude, Charlotte took his hand and grasped it, as if she was grasping someone's hand as she was drowning.

And that's what was happening in her life. She was drowning. She hated to be in this predicament but right now, there was no way to back out of it. She didn't have anyone she could trust and right now, she needed someone. She needed to be saved.

"Charlotte." She said at his introduction. "It's alright." He mentioned his office but Charlotte didn't want to move. Well, she couldn't move. Come on girl, you need to be brave!

"How far is it? I need to get going soon. He'll realize I'm gone soon. I don't want him to find me."
 
“I can see your scared Ma’am” Enrique said placing a hand on her shoulder and trying to send her a comforting smile “I know how scary a situation this can be but me and my associate can protect you come with me to my office and we will work out the relevant paperwork and I can tell you your options” He said dropping his hand to take her hand and gently pull her over to the parking lot.

He walked over to a black SUV and turned scanning the parking lot one more time before popping open the door and making a motion for her to get in.

“We need to move quickly” He said to her his dark eyes intent and wary “I have taken a few steps to make sure he or no one else can find you but I will feel a lot safer once I get you off the street my office is a few blocks over” He explained getting into the drivers seat and pulling out and onto the street.
 
What choice did she have? She had to trust someone. So after a deep breath and squaring her shoulders, she nodded and followed the man as he took her hand. It was comforting and comfort was what she needed.

"Thanks" she told him as she got into the SUV. Already feeling a little safer once the door was closed, she watched him get in and then start it up. As the drive started, Charlotte took her first relaxing breath in a while. "So, why did you decide to take the case? I mean, I don't have much money-" she told him as she kept a look out while they drove. "I mean, it's not like I don't appreciate it, I really do-"
 
“I have a things for damsels in distress” He deadpanned pulling out of the parking lot and starting down the mostly empty street “In all serious Ma’am cases like yours are my specialty I don’t like seeing people in power especially men taking advantage of you beautiful woman like you this is free of charge “ He explained pulling into a small building.

He escorted her out and into the building nodding at Scorpio who was siting by the door with an expression of distaste. He shot him a look that clearly said play nice.

“Let’s get into my office and I will prepare you for what comes next” He said looking over at his partner “watch the door let me know if any thing comes up”

“If you say so boss”

He led the girl upstairs closing and locking the door. He gestured for her to sit in the chair and sat down at his desk shuffling some papers before pulling out her brown folder.

“This is the information I prepared for you look it through and then I will explain it to you”
 
Back
Top