Texas College shooting

butters

High on a Hill
Houston - details only beginning to filter through here; what do you mericans know already?

"In 1999, 733 children ages 14 and under died, and in 2000, nearly 44,600 children were treated in hospital emergency rooms for pedestrian-related injuries."

All no doubt injured by registered and licensed cars...so when will you start itemizing these events and lobby for an automobile ban? I mean. if it will save one life....:rolleyes:

Maybe cars should be registered and a licence required to operate one.

"In 1999, 733 children ages 14 and under died, and in 2000, nearly 44,600 children were treated in hospital emergency rooms for pedestrian-related injuries."

All no doubt injured by registered and licensed cars...so when will you start itemizing these events and lobby for an automobile ban? I mean. if it will save one life....:rolleyes:

I don't think any of the drivers did it on purpose...they call them accidents for a reason....shooters on the other hand, well they really mean it.

You sure are touchy about the gun thing:rolleyes:

They are, ad infinitum, that's the point.

Do you think the registration of vehicles and driver's licence requirements reduce injuries and deaths due to automobiles?

I'll understand if you decline to respond.

Do you think the registration of vehicles and driver's licence requirements reduce injuries and deaths due to automobiles?

I'll understand if you decline to respond.

DL for sure as it is a way to screen operators to a standard and those found incompetent are left without.......I couldn't think of any way vehicle registration could possibly prevent/reduce auto fatalities however.

Last edited:
DL for sure as it is a way to screen operators to a standard and those found incompetent are left without.......I couldn't think of any way vehicle registration could possibly prevent/reduce auto fatalities however.

It does go a long way toward reducing auto theft and other related crimes, which is in the general public interest. Imagine a nation of drivers who threatened to kill anyone who wanted to infringe on their right to operate a motor vehicle.

It's interesting to watch knee jerk conservatives flinch every time there is a shooting in the news. They go straight into the "1000 ways to die" argument before the ambulance arrives.

Do you believe if the elimination of the First Amendment saved one life it would be worth doing so?

Do you want to respond to the question, or just dodge it.

If you want to keep current gun laws as they are, at least have the balls to stand up for what you believe, instead of these silly arguments about all the other ways to kill people.

Just say you don't care who gets killed, as long as you can keep your guns. Not giving a fuck is protected by the Constitution, so exercise that right.

It does go a long way toward reducing auto theft and other related crimes, which is in the general public interest. Imagine a nation of drivers who threatened to kill anyone who wanted to infringe on their right to operate a motor vehicle.

Hua? No...it goes a long way toward catching thieves after cars are stolen, it doesn't prevent or reduce GTA for shit. If it did there wouldn't be a multi billion dollar chop shop/black market parts industry and no one would invest hundreds maybe thousands in aftermarket/factory security upgrades to actually keep their shit from being stolen.

Driving a motor vehicle was NEVER guaranteed as a individual and inalienable right under the highest laws of the land either.

It's interesting to watch knee jerk conservatives flinch every time there is a shooting in the news. They go straight into the "1000 ways to die" argument before the ambulance arrives.

It is...but I'm not a conservative nor have I ever proposed this argument, I reply to you and others bringing it up.

My only bitch with the current gun control proposals on the table is the "assault" weapons ban. Even then it's not b/c I'm skurrd the gubbmint is going to come grab up my AR's.....it's because it has repeatedly failed b/c it's a dolled up accessories ban and I expect more from my leaders than tired old bullshit that has failed the people repeatedly.

Last edited:
Back