New and Improved "Doom and Gloom™" Thread

Ulaven_Demorte

Non-Prophet Organization
In honor of the closing of my original "Doom and Gloom" thread, may it rest in peace.

35,330 posts from September 2009 to present. Not one of which disproved the Original Post.

With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Where is all of this inflation we were warned about? According to reports the Consumer Price Index is down 1.5% overall from last year. Despite Augusts increase in prices, gasoline is still down 30% from the high a year ago.

Despite the dire warnings of some of Lit's resident math wizards the Chinese are still very much interested in buying US Treasury securities.

I guess the sky isn't falling after all.

Dow tops 16,000, S&P hits 1800

Thanks Obama! :cool:

Just an aside for the koaltroll.

401k update - 30% ROI for the year so far. Doomed! We're DOOMED! :cool:

I think it's cute that kolabear has a crush on UD, but his boyfriend might get jealous.

The OP really thinks the US economy is in great shape and we should be happy about its condition?

I don't hear many folks from anywhere on the political spectrum who claim that, though their explanations for the problems and their suggested solutions might differ.

The OP really thinks the US economy is in great shape and we should be happy about its condition?

I don't hear many folks from anywhere on the political spectrum who claim that, though their explanations for the problems and their suggested solutions might differ.

It's all personal. I'm way better off now than five or six years ago. Others aren't so fortunate. It's not as simple as a bumper sticker.

Great shape? No. Happy about it's condition? Comparied to what would have happened if conservatives had taken over, FUCKING OVER THE MOON.

And it's constantly improving which we were told in no uncertain terms by Republicans and Conservatives that it wouldn't, in fact things were supposed to get much worse but time after time those predictions turned out to be completely false.

Great shape? No. Happy about it's condition? Comparied to what would have happened if conservatives had taken over, @#$%ING OVER THE MOON.

And it's constantly improving which we were told in no uncertain terms by Republicans and Conservatives that it wouldn't, in fact things were supposed to get much worse but time after time those predictions turned out to be completely false.

The economy is never going to recover to levels that past generations enjoyed (in relative terms) because of "free" trade. Its got nothing to do with "liberals" or "conservatives" as both groups generally supported "free" trade. We don't make anything anymore. You can't have a viable longterm economy without making things.

That giant sucking sound came true after all. Ross Perot was right.

Of course we still make things, that's a myth, but you can have a quite vibrant economy without making much. The main reason we don't have a vibrant middle class (which is presumably what you're talking about) is because we don't really want one.

The economy is never going to recover to levels that past generations enjoyed (in relative terms) because of "free" trade. Its got nothing to do with "liberals" or "conservatives" as both groups generally supported "free" trade. We don't make anything anymore. You can't have a viable longterm economy without making things.

That giant sucking sound came true after all. Ross Perot was right.

Wrong. Right wingers, including those moderately on the right like Bill Clinton, were the ones that supported NAFTA and FTAA... You should try getting your facts straight before spouting off about how "everyone does it", because that's bullshit.

And Ross Perot wasn't right about anything... He was about as viable of a candidate as Sara Palin was.

Methinks this 2.0 thread version isn't going to be as nearly a disposable post-spewing, conservative pussy-loser whining dump-sink for the shitstain glee club and their ball-hanger peons as the other one was. :D

Methinks this 2.0 thread version isn't going to be as nearly a disposable post-spewing, conservative pussy-loser whining dump-sink for the shitstain glee club and their ball-hanger peons as the other one was. :D

Honestly, the first thread had slowly fallen off as the dire predictions of the "right" were squelched by the reality of a recovering economy.

Not that reality has much to do with the usual suspects round these parts.

Honestly, the first thread had slowly fallen off as the dire predictions of the "right" were squelched by the reality of a recovering economy.

Not that reality has much to do with the usual suspects round these parts.

The turning point, IMHO, came when 4est_4est_Gump was reduced to wailing about the rising price of cinnamon in Sri Lanka and claimed it was "evidence" of President Obama's "failed economic policies".

A close second was Vetteman defining corporate stock to be a loan investors made to a company, with a guaranteed rate of return. Even 4est laughed at that one.

And finally....WE MUST NEVER FORGET MAY 28TH! Why, you ask? I don't know...ask Vetteman for details.

This is all nice and you know, good and all.

I've profited from it, buttttttttttttttttttttt......

Just let the Fed whisper they are thinking about cutting.......................

And then we shall see.:cool:

This is the only post really needed in this thread.

Money borrowed has to be repaid. It will get repaid by our children, probably in blood. Anything that can't go on forever, won't.

I'm not sure if that's doom and gloom enough, but I'm a rookie here.

This is the only post really needed in this thread.

Money borrowed has to be repaid. It will get repaid by our children, probably in blood. Anything that can't go on forever, won't.

I'm not sure if that's doom and gloom enough, but I'm a rookie here.

You are really into drama, aren't you?

You are really into drama, aren't you?

Not really. History, says war is the most likely outcome. I'd love to be wrong about a lot of things I think. Being right on this board, is probably the least of the things I worry about.

obama lied on the unemployment numbers

obama lied on obamacare

obama is a liar

obama is a pile of shit

how the fuck did obama lose what ... 9 billion dollars on the GM deal?

WTF you obama people are fucking idiots

Not really. History, says war is the most likely outcome. I'd love to be wrong about a lot of things I think. Being right on this board, is probably the least of the things I worry about.

History doesn't really say that though, you're thinking of a lot of things with no clear parallel to modern life.

Back