What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't resist.

I'm 59 and I'm not old; therefore, "almost 37" is not old, either. I'm 6'3" - you're a wee bit of a thing. I'm not gonna compare boob sizes with you :p, but 32C is not flat chested. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "More than a mouthful is superfluous?" :D

(warning - I've had a glass of wine and I'm borderline grumpy ;) )

It may not be "old" in your world, but some days it's starting to feel "old" in mine.

6'3" means that yes, I am a "wee bit of a thing"... except that I've been this tall since I was 10. Taller than both parents, my sister, every guy I knew growing up (except one - and even he preferred my 5'2" best friend), my ex-husband, and I'm a head taller than 95% of the people I encounter on any given day. Without heels. (I'm 6' - 6'1" in heels)

No, 32C [see Av] isn't "flat chested" in my personal universe (it took several weeks to get used to being that "big" once I was properly fitted); it is flat chested when you encounter women on a daily basis who look at you and shake their heads in pity.

(Seriously - hardest part of my job is pointing out to [very rude] women who wear a 38H+ - which means a bust line 11" + larger than their rib cage - that *I* have to spend $75+ per bra too, because the only companies that fit me are high end French brands that start at $60 - $75 and quickly move up to $120 - $175+ for one bra.)

Really - I do appreciate who I am/what I have. I wouldn't want to be any different than I am, and on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis people mistake me for the mid-twenties nanny/upgraded younger second wife, instead of a mom of 5 kids (teenager to preschooler)... not everyone can say that at my age. But damn Hooters Girls are good for bringing all the body image/inferiority issues to the surface. LOL

I thanked them and told them if they ever needed a professional fitting, we specialized in bra fittings and would be happy to help them. I was not bold enough to ask what size they wore (although professional opinion based on a quick eyeball was around a 30FF or 30G - well done but obvious augmentation).

Teeeeeeeny tiny little 5 foot tall, size zero, well endowed 18 year olds.

Yes I felt old (almost 37), amazonian (5'8"), flat chested (32C), gangly (see tall comment), and old (almost 37). By the way, did I mention old?

Ahem, young lady, you are taller than the Hooters gal for sure. But on every other criterion you win hands down. I mean, really, when was the last time you tried to hold a meaningful conversation with a 21 year old - even one who actually had a brain? And I will not allow you to go into self-critique mode particularly when you are sporting that most delectable av.

(warning - I've had a glass of wine and I'm borderline grumpy ;) )

It may not be "old" in your world, but some days it's starting to feel "old" in mine.

6'3" means that yes, I am a "wee bit of a thing"... except that I've been this tall since I was 10. Taller than both parents, my sister, every guy I knew growing up (except one - and even he preferred my 5'2" best friend), my ex-husband, and I'm a head taller than 95% of the people I encounter on any given day. Without heels. (I'm 6' - 6'1" in heels)

No, 32C [see Av] isn't "flat chested" in my personal universe (it took several weeks to get used to being that "big" once I was properly fitted); it is flat chested when you encounter women on a daily basis who look at you and shake their heads in pity.

(Seriously - hardest part of my job is pointing out to [very rude] women who wear a 38H+ - which means a bust line 11" + larger than their rib cage - that *I* have to spend $75+ per bra too, because the only companies that fit me are high end French brands that start at $60 - $75 and quickly move up to $120 - $175+ for one bra.)

Really - I do appreciate who I am/what I have. I wouldn't want to be any different than I am, and on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis people mistake me for the mid-twenties nanny/upgraded younger second wife, instead of a mom of 5 kids (teenager to preschooler)... not everyone can say that at my age. But damn Hooters Girls are good for bringing all the body image/inferiority issues to the surface. LOL

See, i'm thankful i don't have boobs big enough to cripple my back, but by the same time, i'd like mine big enough that i can actually wear a bra.

Sir says mine actually look like i'm a B cup, but i have quite a broad back, so i can't get a bra to fit right, because to get one to go round me means they're too big in the cup.

Hearing that KT's wee one has taken her first steps, wish I was there to have seen it.:)

See, i'm thankful i don't have boobs big enough to cripple my back, but by the same time, i'd like mine big enough that i can actually wear a bra.

Sir says mine actually look like i'm a B cup, but i have quite a broad back, so i can't get a bra to fit right, because to get one to go round me means they're too big in the cup.

I'm like you too - B cup and broad in the back. I use bra extenders to get a size 14B (36") to go around me. Once I managed to find a 16B (38") bra but they only had the one in stock :rolleyes: Most size 16 bras here start at a C cup which is too baggy :(

*I realise there's a difference between US and Aussie sizing* :eek: :D

CutieMouse - I had a hard time coming to terms with turning 50 in October....but I've been told (and not just by Sir ;) ) that I look better than a lot of 40 year olds. I'm fit, relatively healthy, 5'8" tall and about 70kg (156lbs) on a good day. After years of a poor self image I'm coming to terms with myself, and it feels good :)

I thanked them and told them if they ever needed a professional fitting, we specialized in bra fittings and would be happy to help them. I was not bold enough to ask what size they wore (although professional opinion based on a quick eyeball was around a 30FF or 30G - well done but obvious augmentation).

Yes I felt old (almost 37), amazonian (5'8"), flat chested (32C), gangly (see tall comment), and old (almost 37). By the way, did I mention old?

I'm as tall as you (forget about the fact that I am older) and get that amazon feeling often. I still don't know if its the height or the (proportional) width that gets me.

However...back on topic...

I passed a little storefront in our arts district today. A frame shop for artwork. I kid you not, it was called: "Well Hung."

This made me laugh a little. And I am impressed with the chutzpah of the person willing to name his/her business that way. Really.

I think I may be doing all future framing there. Just because.

~LB

I'm 5'8" too, with a 40DD bust. It's a nightmare to find well fitting bras that don't cost the earth. And can I just add...you are not old!!:rose:

sorry, what made me smile -

* my Dom being back in the same country as me:D
* compliments on my skirt:eek:

A visit from one of my friends, and listening to her funny stories. Learning that one of my mates really isn't as much of a pushover as everyone seems to think he is.

Watching my 8mnth old grandaughter trying to walk...she takes a few steps then falls down, then she looks at you as if it was your fault that she fell down.

Last edited:
You all make me feel short! i'm only 5 foot 5!!!!

I'm 5'3 ish. Gracie is even shorter, and there are a few other shorties around here.

I talk about my shortness so much that Jounar was worried I was some sort of midget *giggles* He's 6'4. But in my favorite shoes I am eye level with his chin. :D

I'm 5'3 ish. Gracie is even shorter, and there are a few other shorties around here.

I talk about my shortness so much that Jounar was worried I was some sort of midget *giggles* He's 6'4. But in my favorite shoes I am eye level with his chin. :D

*nods* I'm 5ft 2.....and a half :eek:

When i've got my heels on, i'm about the same sort of height as Sir, which is good cos it means i can reach lol.

- frantically messaging my friend to tell her we get dominic toretto 2009 and xander cage 2010. :D That makes me a happy bunny!!

Big sale on my favorite yarn, which means a big bag o' colorful wool coming my way. :D

Watching the Strictly Come Dancing results show dance off, and giggling as Austin flung Erin around the floor with her hair extensions flying off in all directions everytime she snapped her head around.

When I saw the talk about bra sizes it reminded me how A. asked me few days ago what MY size is. Uhm, I told him I am BH size. lol

In case you didnt know what BH size is, then its the "BLOODY HELL!!! :eek:" one. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back