Anytine but Valentine Challenge

Piscator

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 30, 2003
Posts
1,890
:rose::heart::kiss::heart::rose:

A while back Harry sponsored an Anything but Spring challenge which was well received and great fun.

It ain't spring yet but V'day is now less than a month away. If you like me live in dread of a forced dinner in the cold corner of an overcrowded, overpriced restaurant and the obligatory flowers and chocolate (although I'm of two minds about that), then this challenge is for you. But if, au contraire, this day is the highlight of an otherwise dreary February, put pen to paper and tell us why. Even if you are totally indifferent, cast aside your colic (or this year's flu) for moment and speak to us of nothingness.

Send me your rhyming verse of any form by private message, I'll start them posting on Feb. 7 with the authors revealed on Feb. 14.

:rose::heart::kiss::heart::rose:
 
Entries are starting to trickle in. If there are more than 5 on Feb. 4, I'll start posting them in a separate thread then. This thread will be for comments and carefully considered guesses as to authorial attribution.
 
oh shit - had mine all ready to go, written today, then saw the challenge calls for RHYMING! *back to drawing board* that'll teach me to pay attention.
 
By popular demand the rules have been relaxed
and non-rhyming entries won't be taxed
by rejection on inspection
but entries that rhyme
are still more sublime.
 
I chuckled at “Calcium,” and the rhyme was effective, except for the last couplet IMO. It felt forced to me, and I think there could have been a better contrast to his girl getting candy, which, of course, doesn’t have to be contrasted, but I think an opportunity missed.
 
In Calcium the 3 of the stanzas are all of different rhyme forms. I think the first is Ballad, the second Rhyming couplets and I'm not sure what the third is, I'm sure someone will enlighten me :) Then back to a Rhyming couplet at the end I don't know if this is deliberate or not but I did find it rather unsettling.
 
one more

There's a sneaky near rhyme in the middle :)

"And those of us,
lucky enough, graced with a squeeze,
pay the piper, and the florist,
and the Matre'D,"
 
Your love ran out

A triolet. 2nd and last lines look a bit long to me, but all the rhymes are there in the right places.
 
Rhymes with Love

All the end of lines rhyming with love is a bit much! But saying that I do appreciate what you did there.
 
Anything but

Second line should be love I think. Sneaks in as rhyming with a near rhyme.
 
Hiding

Stanza 3 has no rhymes that I can see, unlike the rest and two Ices rather close together, Every day is Valentine's day is a nice sentiment. I being English am not sure what settlement dates are!
 
Hiding

I see Hiding has been edited. Here we have rhyming couplets for stanzas 1.2 and 5 interspersed with well I'm not sure what. I did think Rhyming Triplets so went and did some research and no not those. So I tried a Tercet and I'm not sure that fits either, so it'll need someone like Tzara to stop me wondering, or perhaps the author will be kind enough to tell me after the Challenge is over :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top