2014 Survivor News & Views: Announcements and Discussions for the Survivorphile

CrimsonMaiden

Pretty in Pink
This thread is for any contest related official announcements or questions for the 2014 contest. Post it here and a moderator or fellow contestant will be happy to help you.

Use the registration thread for registrations only, please! Thanks!

This thread is for any contest related official announcements or questions for the 2014 contest. Post it here and a moderator or fellow contestant will be happy to help you.

Use the registration thread for registrations only, please! Thanks!

Hey, Crim. Are you back? You've probably heard by now that Laurel fired me from the Mod position, :( but I have been maintaining the scoreboard and immunity threads.

I have a question regarding immunities.

If a contestant's number is picked in the lottery and they also have the same number as the bonus ball, is the player allowed to count that as two immunities.

If that's happened before, I don't recall and if it has, I don't remember the ruling.

Thanks for your answer in advance.

If a contestant's number is picked in the lottery and they also have the same number as the bonus ball, is the player allowed to count that as two immunities.

If that's happened before, I don't recall and if it has, I don't remember the ruling.

I actually don't think it's possible. I think if the number shows up in the regular numbers it can't be a bonus number since it's already been picked once. In all of the years I've participated and moderated the contest, it's never happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanJillParker View Post

I actually don't think it's possible. I think if the number shows up in the regular numbers it can't be a bonus number since it's already been picked once. In all of the years I've participated and moderated the contest, it's never happened.

I don't think it's possible either. Six numbers are drawn and, if somebody has all six, they win big bucks. Then they draw a seventh number and, if somebody has that one and five of the first six, they win a lot of money but much less than the grand prize. They start with all the numbers from one through 49 and they don't replace the numbers after they are drawn. The bonus number can't possibly match one of the first six.

At least that's how it's done. I do know that's how the California lottery is done, and it's patterned after the English one.

I've never known it to happen either.

What about the caps?

I'm pretty new here, but I thought the cap levels made sure that only the first three stories in any category applied to points until all categories were filled with at least one story. If I'm right about that, then isn't your score slightly wrong in these categories (where it should be capped at 5 points for now): erotic couplings; incest/taboo; mature.
If I'm wrong, I apologize! I just noticed that your score was amazingly high--and still is, even if the score in a couple of categories is slightly off--and as someone who's interested in accruing points, I wanted to see how the "contests" bonuses worked. (I figured you had to have at least one of those, and sure enough, you had two!)
Thanks, dear author!

I'm pretty new here, but I thought the cap levels made sure that only the first three stories in any category applied to points until all categories were filled with at least one story. If I'm right about that, then isn't your score slightly wrong in these categories (where it should be capped at 5 points for now): erotic couplings; incest/taboo; mature.
If I'm wrong, I apologize! I just noticed that your score was amazingly high--and still is, even if the score in a couple of categories is slightly off--and as someone who's interested in accruing points, I wanted to see how the "contests" bonuses worked. (I figured you had to have at least one of those, and sure enough, you had two!)
Thanks, dear author!

The points don't matter until the end of the contest. Whatever points are not applicable are not counted by the moderators. It's much easier for me to keep track of my stories, being that I write so very many, to post stories to my scorecard as they post.

Besides, I'll be filling all categories with at least 3 stories by the end of the year, perhaps even 5 stories in each category. Being that this is the last year for the contest, I'm writing as many stories as I can. My temporarily inflated scores shouldn't be an issue by year end.

Thanks for noticing.

Susan

Thanks, dear author!

You realize, of course, that I won the contest in 2013, finished 3rd in 2012, won again in 2011, and finished 2nd in 2010, 2008, & 2007. So, I think that I know how to fill out a scorecard (lol).

By the way, I plan on winning this year too. I'm competitive that way.

I have noticed your scoreboard includes some stories that cannot be counted as scores until you have filled all the first caps. Until that happens, you can have no more than five points (ten in Novels and Novellas) in any category. It's okay to list more than that as long as you know those excess scores cannot be counted yet.

For each them contest you enter, you can count five points, with a thirty point bonus for entering all six contests. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, only one of them can get that five points but the others can be included in categories.

I have noticed your scoreboard includes some stories that cannot be counted as scores until you have filled all the first caps. Until that happens, you can have no more than five points (ten in Novels and Novellas) in any category. It's okay to list more than that as long as you know those excess scores cannot be counted yet.

For each them contest you enter, you can count five points, with a thirty point bonus for entering all six contests. If you enter more than one story in a theme contest, only one of them can get that five points but the others can be included in categories.

I know. I'm well aware of the rules. If it would make you feel better for me to reduce my score from the few extra points that cannot be counted, I will do that.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm cheating, especially when I'm going to win anyway.

Thanks for reciting the rules to me.

wow! okay, thanks for explaining!

You realize, of course, that I won the contest in 2013, finished 3rd in 2012, won again in 2011, and finished 2nd in 2010, 2008, & 2007. So, I think that I know how to fill out a scorecard (lol).

By the way, I plan on winning this year too. I'm competitive that way.

I appreciate you explaining your scorecard to me, dear author. (You get how an author new to the site would have been confused by it, I'm sure!) I understand now why you're doing it that way. I hope I didn't offend you, because I really did not intend to do so.
As for who wins this year, I just know it won't be me. But I do want to compete in the hopes that I'll increase my output.
Thank you for your response and very effective explanation.

Thank you for the example!

Your card has been a really big help to me, so I'd like to say thanks. I've been able to record an immunity and a contest entry by following your example.
I appreciate your help.
And--although I know you don't need it!--good luck in the competition, dear author.

Anyone know when or how often Laurel post Illustrated Poetry? The last post was something like the end of February.

Anyone know when or how often Laurel post Illustrated Poetry? The last post was something like the end of February.

Mine went up in February I didn't wait that long possibly two weeks. Maybe there just havent been many since then. If you are waiting maybe pm her. Its usually the audio ones that can take a very long time to post. Last year they took well over a month.

That's very helpful to know!

Mine went up in February I didn't wait that long possibly two weeks. Maybe there just havent been many since then. If you are waiting maybe pm her. Its usually the audio ones that can take a very long time to post. Last year they took well over a month.

I wasn't looking for this kind of info, but I read most of the survivor threads. It takes that long to post audio, huh? That's very useful information. Thank you kindly!

I think we all need to beg Laurel to keep Survivor going next year! I'd hate to see it end. Anyone want to start a petition? :)

I think we all need to beg Laurel to keep Survivor going next year! I'd hate to see it end. Anyone want to start a petition? :)

This might be a good idea. A petition can't do any harm and it might be some good.

I will start it and others who want to can quote my post and add their names and any comments they want to make.

To Laurel,

This is a petition to continue the Survivors' Contest through 2015 and on from there and to allow Boxlicker101 to continue as moderator. We all enjoy the competition and I think it helps us to write more stories and better ones.

SweetPrettyAss

To Laurel,

This is a petition to continue the Survivors' Contest through 2015 and on from there and to allow Boxlicker101 to continue as moderator. We all enjoy the competition and I think it helps us to write more stories and better ones.

SweetPrettyAss

The Author Survivor Contest is the main reason that I write and submit so many good stories here at Literotica.

I would like to "sign" a petition as well. I haven't competed in Survivor before but have been keeping an eye on this one and it looks fun. (Seems a little late, in my opinion, to join now.)

To Laurel,

SweetPrettyAss

Have we any word on this yet? I'd sign the petition a thousand times over! :D

I'm sure we do. Where's the best location for this? Here...Author's Hangout? ...or...?

Back