Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was a bit stunned by Relics approach. The things she had brought her were nice, even as they were stolen. Should she really recieve stolen things, even if it was not expected that anybody still knew? On the other hand, rejecting the presents could ruin any chance to get on terms with Relic. She loked around on board in a quick motion. Relic was with her up on the aft, close to Skandölf who was steering, but just looked through anybody else if he wa snot spoken to. Gryph was leaning on the mast, sleeping. Tronfur was below deck, and Colin was down on deck, while he showed Z something about the sail.
Phyliss temporary anger was forgotten.
"Thank you..." she said. "I did not expect that you would ever make me a present, even if it had been stolen. You know that my friend Verialyn is gone, but at least alive. She was the only female that I ever trusted. You see my ship; I have two of my friends, who are scowling at each other for some reason now, I have three sailors, and one of them is mute, the other one has lsot his memory. I always had the impression that you hated me ...or at least dislike me. What made you come to me?"
 
Relic

"Let's say you have a unique way of making me feel less different, even if slightly more disliked."

Smiling, Relic passed across the gifts and stepped back.

"And I believe we both started off disliking each other, you for obvious reasons. Me for basic reasons, I dislike how well you wear a dress. Its a unique advantage I don't do very well."

Jumping up to sit on the railing, she pulled out a trinket that would be given to Gryph. It was solid gold, with several unique gems in it, they looked a little Draconic. The inscriptions around the gems were definitely Draconic. She figured he would appreciate the blood heritage it might have to his kind.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon sat down on the reling herself, looking at the golden cup.
"Very pretty." She thought a moment. "You know, maybe it would really be better two have two women on board. Gryph is asleep now. So far, he and Tronfur came along, but I have always been afraid of a clash between the two." she looked down at the tip of her boot. "I think many women hated me for the way I dressed. Maybe all except Verialyn. Speaking of the men... the peasants and such folk saw me as monsters and wanted to burn me, and the more open minded of the upper class saw me as the exotic chick with snakehairs. But even in the palaces, the human women hated me and sometimes managed to drive me out with evil plots and lies. The last time was such a close shave that I got sick of it all." Phyliss paused. Maybe the drow would not want to hear it, or would not care at all. Why was she telling this?
 
Relic

Tossing the cup into the air a few times, Relic quickly slipped it back into the bag. For now she would let Gryph sleep. From what she knew, making any man up when he wasn't feel good was a bad idea, let alone someone like Gryph. Not that she thought he would hurt anyone on the cog, but it wouldn't take much of a hit to cause damage, even if he didn't mean it.

"Women are pretty vindictive, hence why I avoid them if possible, and why you and I haven't got along. Only problem for us is if we get jealous over who gets the most men. There isn't much more up for grabs on this boat. And if that's the game, then I'll automatically try to win it, healthy competition of course. Nothing more."

Laughing, Relic stretched her back, glad to finally be on the boat and not running around.

"So, what do you think of Gryph?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"I did not mean to go into competition, I'd rather imagine a new way of living together..." she grinned. "As for Gryph, i checked on him already, and was glad on my healing abilities later."
 
Relic

"No, I assumed he would be okay...he seems rather tough when it comes to physical wounds."

Looking over towards him, Relic smiled. Jumping down off the railing, she turned to face the gorgon. Doing the straps on her bag up, and held it against her side with one arm. "And its just in my nature to be mischievous and competitive, always has. But I'll control myself to innocent mischief, promise. From what I hear of my kind, that's about the most you can ask of me."

Bending over backwards, Relic planted one of her hands on the ground and flipped backwards a couple of times. Before righting herself.

"And I meant Gryph as a lover, not as in his physical well being."
 
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss grinned, while she laid down sideways on the reiling, resting her snaky head on the elbow. She wasn't afraid of falling down

"I did mean as lover. I did have him, and I am quite lucky that I can stretch a little." she giggled.
"But just as in competition, I was more afraid that Gryph and Tronfur would go into competion for me with horrible results. So I talked with both of them, and they promised not to get jealous whatever I would do weith either one of them. That is what I meant with new ways of living. I am not an ordinary human, so I don't want to imitate their way of life with all their stupid wifes, wedding-nonsense, children and families. I just thought that lovers could be lovers without jealousies and only living in couples. But I hope they are up to so a free approach after all."
 
Last edited:
Relic

"So we are a little alike. Not that I'm against marriage and all that, I've just never met a man with enough energy to keep me preoccupied for very long."

Moving towards the stairs that led to the mast and the middle deck of the boat, Relic slid down the railing and landed at the bottom. Rubbing a few splinters off her legs and regretting the rather hyperactive choice in transportation.

"Men can be territorial...but so can we I suppose. Maybe there is something to their current moods beyond a burial disagreement. You should speak to Trunfor."

Walking off towards where Gryph was resting, Relic crouched down not to far away and retrieved her gift for him. Along with his second gift, a silver ring. The ring itself had magical properties, which she would let him discover. Good properties. Useful properties.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss strolled down the stairs. She wondered if Relic had an idea how it would feel to be staked on a large log... that was exactly her first feeling when Gryph entered into her. She wondered if she would be jealous about Relic? Not really. She still felt superior in her feminine ways. Nevertheless she took a qick look on Gryph, to see if he was allright, but the healing had worked well.
"I really think I must talk with Tronfur. But I will have to have a word with Gryph later... I don't want them to build up anything stupid between them." She moved down the stairs, below deck, to see after Tronfur.
 
Gryph

He opened his eyes as Relic crouched down close to him, her smell and the sound of her approach have woken him from his slumber, he slowly blinked his eyes and gave Relic a smile.

"The fact that you are not petrified or have a bolt through your heart states that Phyliss have forgiven you for the time being."

He shifted to a more comfortable position and arched an eyebrow as he looked at the objects in Relic's hands,

"Want to ask me something about dragons?"
 
Relic

"For the time being..."

Putting the cup and the ring down in front of him, Relic took her seat before him on the deck. Crossing her legs and sitting with her hands on the wood planks underneath them. Letting the morning sun warm her skin. Which for once actually felt good.

"They are the closest useful objects I had that you might enjoy, or not dislike. As far as I can guess. One is something you might know of, something I stole from a collector of Draconic artifacts a decade ago. The other much newer, and more useful. Both you could sell if you don't like them. I don't know much about you, or your kind, so if you know a little about them I could listen."

Chuckling, Relic tossed her hair out of her eyes as a breeze kicked up.

"Considering where I am, it seems only fitting. Don't you think?"
 
Gryph

He sat up and looked at the cup, his eyes widening slightly as he noticed the cup,

"Is that the Eldor Cup?"

He leaned in and picked up the cup, running his fingers over the engraving at the bottom and inspected the gems with their engravings, he slowly shook his head.

"I can't accept this Relic, it's too valuable. The Eldor Cup was the first gift from a dragon to mankind, according to legends, it took the Golden dragon smiths, years to craft a cup big enough for people to be able to use. These gems comes from the Delph, Randor, Klepsha and Indor mountains, with just a bit of attention they will glow like the first day they were set into the cup. Many wars have been fought between dragon-kind and mankind for the possession of these gems and the mountains that possess them, dragons do not mind sharing, but it when one thinks he can abuse the kindness of dragons that wars break out."

He placed the cup down with an air of reverence,

"I do value that you wish to give it to me, but no I'm sorry, I can't accept it."

He picked up the ring, feeling the magic coursing through it, he gave her one of his fangy smiles.

"Now this is another story, this one I can accept. There is power locked inside and I'm sure that a study should help release whatever magic it holds."

He studied Relic for a while,

"I'm glad that you took my caution and the voice of your own reason to heart. You do seem like you would be able to fit in with us...even if you do pull off a prank every now and then."
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed as he picked up another spellbook. Nothing, nothing at all in his spells could he find a way to travel to another plane. He flipped through several pages before setting the spellbook down.

Trunfor reached over in his pack and brought out another book. This one, covered with cold iron, was a manuel on how to create golems. He always had wanted to create one, especially an iron golem, but had never been able to get all of the parts nor cdid he ever seem to have the time.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Of course it was no problem to find Tronur in the rather small cargo room, browsing through his books. "It wont be good for your eyes if you are reading down here."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor turned a page and chuckled. "No it won`t. I`ve been reading spellbooks, tomes, scrolls, books, and other works for years. It doesn`t hurt your eyes. If that were true, then every spellcaster in the world would be blind."

With a wave of his hand, a black-red book rose up in the air and slowly glided towards him. Trunfor looked at the book in his hands and nodded. Yes, cold iron, that could easily be obtained. The black-red book stopped before Trunfor and opened up to the page he needed.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss did look at the flying book, which was a nice trick. "I just thought it would be to dark down there."
She sat down beside Tronfur.
"I was really angry some moments ago. But I cooled down again. Strangeley I did after I talked with Relic, although we hadn't been really friends in the time passed. But I decided to forgive. Her. Sometimes it is good to forgive, even if it ain't easy. Don't you think so?"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed, "Yes, but I don`t trust drow. The only one I do trust is Drizzit Do`Urden. Besides that I.. I have a problem. I let someone die. Someone who was partially innocent. I went against my code and now feel guilty. If I had known... I would have stopped Gryph from killing him, but I did nothing."

He began skimming the black-red book and muttered, "The Fugue plane for Kelemvor. But which one for Jergal." He cursed in Abyssal and looked away from the book.

"I... I need to atone." He took a beep breath and looked at Phyliss, "I`m not mad, just... depressed. Anyways, what do you need?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"What I need? I need friends." she put a hand on his shoulder. "I need you, as I need Gryph. And I want you to overcome any bad feelings. Haerdon was an evil man. He had slayed many innocent people. He had sold others into slavery, and he was a rapist. As I learned in our first meeting. He would have killed you, Gryph, Colin, Z and Skandölf if he managed to. And maybe even me, when he would have been through with me."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at her in confusion, "Ok, first you said he was after us because ofomething you did. Now your saying he`s after you because he`s just wants to. I need the facts... Oh never mind."

He sighed, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. "I`ll help you because my bond makes me. And I won`t fight Gryph unless he starts something.. which I doubt will happen. But as for Haerdon killing me? I doubt he could even hurt me. He`s a brainless barbarian after all."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss kept her hand on his shoulder. "He wasn't that dumb, just fanatic. He even caught my weak point, so he could tie my arms up and could hang me on a hook at the ceiling, and I could do nothing, because he kept my eyes and my snakes away from him. But finally I did manage to trick him, because I wiggled around when he didn't expected it and I turned him to stone. Then I managed to untie myself and I got dressed and I fled, and I did take his horse to flee. That was the reason he followed me. Later, when he first invaded the estate of the merchant where I and Verialyn had stopped, he met Verialyn and she let him go and he would even get his horse back if he promised not to harm me. But he came back later with many man and raided the hole place and killed many people, and I could escape because Gryph helped me. We were on the run when we met you in that tavern. That is the whole story."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed. He had told her to forget it. She kept bringing him back to a topic which made him unhappy. "Let`s just drop it. I.. I don`t want to talk about it."

He put his face in his hands and took a moment to collect himself, then he looked back at her. "So.. Where are we going?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"I say..." Phyliss thought for a moment, her snakes squirming around. "You try to forget your worries and sorrow and simply enjoy that you are on board of our very own cog with your friends. And we are riding down the river to find a beautiful place for all of us, and as long as we search, we love each other and live well and do not fight anymore.
 
Relic

Letting her shoulders fall slightly, Relic wondered what she should do with the cup. Surely she could not go all the way back into the mountains to put it back. And if the story Gryph told was accurate then letting it disappear into some dark corner, or over the side of the cog would not do either. Picking the cup back up again, she smiled.

"No wonder that man chased me for weeks. I thought it was a family heirloom or something, not a great artifact. Although, I should have guessed considering the language and detail of the cup. So, what would be a better use for it? I can't imagine using it to drink out of."

Placing it back on the deck, she smiled when he accepted the ring. Hopefully it would be useful.

At least now she had made her peace with Gryph. Although, he was the most likely to already be okay with her returning.

"So, how is your side?" she asked, scooting over to examine Phyliss' healing work. And wondering how in the world Haerdon had managed to injure him in the first place. Gryph's armor should have been enough to withstand a hit, if not the warriors skill in avoiding it. Perhaps the sword itself was indeed great.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed, "I can`t stay put. I`m an adventurer like Regdar and Drizzit and Hennet. I will travel across Faerun to see the Jungles of Chult, the Spine of the World, to learn the mysteries of the Netherese Empire. I want to travel to the Plane of Shadow and the Fugue Plane. I want to learn more about magic and the Weave."

He looked at her and smiled, "But I wi come by and visit you guys every now and then."
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon felt a little sad, although there was no reason yet. "But we haven't found such a place yet. This could take quite some time. Do you already thinking of leaving before our journey had really started? This is just our second day of the travel. We are not really far off the town of forge yet."
 
Back
Top