New to site.....

KethKessel

Experienced
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Posts
31
I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse, think Edgar Allen Poe with modern twist. I do have some lighter stuff. All my poetry does not deal with erotica or sex, some of it has to do with dating and over coming craptastic relationships or out distancing myself from those relationships. Should I post here or try another venue?
Any and all feedback would be helpful....Thank you in advance.:)
 
You can post on the board, but you'll do better to post via the literotica/members/submissions php. That way your wares will be available to all to review.

Be warned - you will find that only a limited number of people who will comment - much less than 1% of those who read in my experience. However, these comments will generally be very encouraging. We don't tend to get many anonymous comments who have a wish to run down other people's poetry, unlike some of the other prose submission sections of lit.

You can post non-erotic poetry, including romance and lost love and damning love to hell, although most of the readers seem to be interested in the erotic and the number of people who read non-erotic seems from my experience to be much more limited.

Anyways - I wish you well in your poetic endeavours and look forward to seeing your first submissions here - Sweet Oblivion
 
Thank you just need to get them out there and see what people think been writing for a while now just not erotica love to read it though.
 
You've made a great start through participating in our forum challenge threads. The five senses poetry is a great source of inspiration for many poets here. You can start a vanity thread featuring your poetry, just try to avoid posting more than 3 in a row per day since you risk overburdening any so-inclined commentors with a posting glut of your pieces. As well, if you flash submit a large number of poems to the Literotica archives you may find people won't read any of your work as they are overwhelmed with numbers.

Please share, though. I, for one, enjoy reading different poets (but not all at once ;) ).

Welcome to the forum.
 
Thank you very much, I am still digging out my poetry from years past and some I will post others might take sometime. Thank you again for the sound advise.
 
I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse, think Edgar Allen Poe with modern twist. I do have some lighter stuff. All my poetry does not deal with erotica or sex, some of it has to do with dating and over coming craptastic relationships or out distancing myself from those relationships. Should I post here or try another venue?
Any and all feedback would be helpful....Thank you in advance.:)
Most of the the poetry found on this site is in the non-erotic category, though sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference. This is as good a venue as any.

We get many people who will post either on the discussion board, or the poetry forum and never participate in any other way. If you want comments or feedback on your poetry, the best way is to lurk a while and learn who are the active posters on the poetry discussion boards. When you engage people, they pay more attention.
 
I have some peotry I have worked on over the years couple of books worth though they are mostly dark and morse,
morse?
as in code?
c'mon
how can morse code be dark?
...off
...maybe

do you mean Norse?
as in dark and Norse?

like the saga of Eric the Red and the Queen of Sheeba?

too late

Tzara already did that
alliterative verse in Swahili
 
Back
Top