round tower churches

dolf

copping a feel
many are not far off a thousand years old.

I took this today. I love a thatched roof.

attachment.php

Attachments

• church.jpg
    church.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 84
Did you masturbate that round tower? Rub your hands on that smooth stone?

Spring must be wonderful in your neck of the woods. Lots of birdsong and jizz rain showers.

Spring must be wonderful in your neck of the woods. Lots of birdsong and jizz rain showers.

it is! i'm laying out in the sun, but if it rains i'll be sure to swallow like a good girl :kiss:

attachment.php

Where is this church Dolf?

Broomfield in Essex (Near Chelmsford) also has a round tower.

There is also a church at Greenstead Ongar in Essex which was built of oak timber in the 9th century. Core samples were dated about 20 years ago and were carbon dated proving that the main timbers were re-cycled from a ship, and were two hundred years old before the church was built.

Where is this church Dolf?

Broomfield in Essex (Near Chelmsford) also has a round tower.

There is also a church at Greenstead Ongar in Essex which was built of oak timber in the 9th century. Core samples were dated about 20 years ago and were carbon dated proving that the main timbers were re-cycled from a ship, and were two hundred years old before the church was built.
north Suffolk.

my father's old house was built with recycled boat timbers. the black, oak beams were hard as concrete. the beams in my current house... i'm not entirely certain. some have been replaced, other bear marks from joints they no longer carry.

attachment.php

It's fascinating to watch the construction/maintenance of a thatched roof. To say that it's labo(u)r intensive would be an understatement.

Many of my maternal ancestors were baptised, married and buried here:

Wickhambreaux Church, Suffolk.

13975429087_644e401d91.jpg

Most of the visible tombs are of my ancestors, or more recent branches from my ancestors.

An ancestral researcher has calculated that descended from one of the women buried here there are 2,500 currently living people. She had twelve children. All twelve married and had similar numbers of children, who survived to marry and have children...

Last edited:
Back