Submission Calls

Mannequin Envy has started their reading period for Spring 09. Send em before April 30.

poetry(at sign)mannequinenvy.com

See you there!
 
Last edited:
Best New Poets, an annual anthology of 50 emerging writers, is now accepting submissions for its open competition. See www.bestnewpoets.org for details. Submission deadline is midnight, June 1, 2009.

Entering poets cannot have published a book-length poetry collection by November 2009 (chapbooks do not affect your eligibility). Full eligibility requirements posted here. Entry fee: $3.50. Each entry can contain two poems. Selected poets receive five copies of the print anthology. This year's guest editor is Kim Addonizio.

In 2009, we're taking entries through ManuscriptHub. To create your submission,

1. Save your poems to new files that do not have your name or contact info in the text/header or in the file names. Save the files as either .rtf, .doc, .txt, or .pdf documents. Our system does not yet accept MS Word’s .docx file format, so use the “save as” feature to save to one of the above formats.

2. Then, go to http://www.manuscripthub.com and either login or create a new account.

3. Click on the blue icon that says “Your Manuscripts”

4. Click on the “Add a New Manuscript” link.

5. Click on the gray “Browse” button and attach the file with your poem in it. (This button may read “Attach” on some Web browsers.) Enter the title of your poem and click the gray “Upload” button. Repeat for your second poem. However, this does not complete your submission; you still need to direct it to our competition.

6. To do so, click on the blue “Submit Work” icon at the top of the screen.

7. Scroll down and click on the link that says “Best New Poets 2009”

8. Use the first drop down menu to select one of the manuscripts you just uploaded. Use the second drop down to select the other. Then click “Submit.” This step takes a little while to run … be patient.

9. Verify your submission and click “pay now” to go to the University of Virginia credit card gateway.

10. After paying, you can click on the blue “Submission Status” icon to double-check that your submission went through. It should be in an “Open” status. You can use this icon to check back and see if the work has been read. We plan to announce full results by the end of July 2009 or early August.
 
journal: closed :(

Publishing the raw materials of fiction, poetry and other creative work: scrap metal; index cards; napkin notes; etc. The site can be followed using Networked Blogs.

Editor Paul A. Toth is a novelist. He previously served as assistant fiction editor for Small Spiral Notebook, storySouth and Mad Hatters' Review. His work can be accessed via http://www.netpt.tv. Various projects can be viewed on his blog at http://tothcity.blogspot.com/.
Contact Info
Email:
Website:
http://hitandrunmagazine.blogspot.com/
 
Times Square Poetry Contest

Got this in my email. No contest entry fee! Or not that I saw, anyway.

Dear Friends,

The deadline for the Bright Lights Big Verse: Poems of Time Square
poetry contest is:

July 31, 2009!

To submit your Times Square inspired poems visit:
http://poetrysociety.org/bright.php


Please consider becoming a member of the Poetry Society of America:
http://www.poetrysociety.org/psa-membership.php.
 
Reading is about to commence for the fall issue of Mannequin Envy, Lit's hometown journal.

Send 'em on in ----> poetry (at sign) mannequinenvy.com

Pax,

Patrick :rose:
 
Last edited:
they all are

If you know of any sites, e-zines, or publications who are accepting submissions, please post all relevant information of this thread.

No off-topic posts, please.

Every one I've checked out since the mid-1960s has had submission guidelines.

The only publications (that I know oif) which don't always welcome submissions (cuz they get swamped) are The Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker.
 
Every one I've checked out since the mid-1960s has had submission guidelines.

The only publications (that I know oif) which don't always welcome submissions (cuz they get swamped) are The Atlantic Monthly and the New Yorker.

Many poetry magazines say specifically, "We are not accepting submissions at this time, we'll contact YOU." Then they pluck people from other magazines and ask them for new poems. I suppose those are submission guidelines, but if that's what you meant you're not very funny.
 
Second Life / First Life Crossover for Submission

Blue Angel Landing, an online and print poetry and art journal, is accepting submissions for its second volume. The hitch is that in the past, poets and artists had to be Second Life residents to submit because the requirement was that poems be read aloud at the virtual bar the Blue Angel to be considered.

Now for the first time ever, you don't have to be a Second Life resident to submit so long as you can come read your poem Live in Brooklyn! If you can come to Freddy's Bar on March 19, (a critically-acclaimed bar in Brooklyn) you can not only be part of a fantastic mixed-reality event but also submit your poem to Blue Angel Landing.

Those of you with Second Life accounts, send me your poems and come read them at an open mic. Those of you who don't have SL accounts, circle the date March 19 on your calendar and consider a trek to the bestest borough.

PM me for details.
 
it's high time i considered and got around to submitting again. useful thread. thanx :)
 
haha never mind the first page

goofed!

It was taken from the first page of this thread, not the page you wished to be checked :eek:
 
Do not work

3, 6, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16


work but not taking submissions at this moment

1 is in non submission mode
21 is in non reading time


rest are good to go.
 
Want to publish your poems?

Here is one of the best faqs around on submitting and publishing poetry.
 
Paranormal Erotica - Call for Submissions

Deadline: 31-May-2017
Payment: Royalty Share
Theme: Paranormal Erotica
Submissions: ONE long poem to be included among short stories in an anthology.
Publisher: Excessica
Editor/Sponsor: Erotic Readers and Writers Association

Hi poets,

You might remember me from such threads as Is this Poetry, where many among you (especially Lyricalli and Trix) helped turn my sow's ear into ... well, something prettier than a sow's ear. We ended up with the prose poem What is Beautiful?

Guess what? I'm back! And I'm looking for poets interested in publishing for a royalty share of a book.

The call is below, but here are the basics.

Over at the Erotic Readers and Writers Association, we have a thing called Storytime, where we share our works in progress, just like here--novels, stories, flash fiction, and yep! poems. The best ones we feature in the Gallery for 3 months.

Well, we're publishing an anthology, with proceeds distributed to authors. The idea of the anthology is to showcase the best of Storytime, so although the anthology is going to be primarily short stories (4-10K), we are opening one slot for a collection of Flash Fiction that follows our chosen format, and one slot for poetry.

We expect to have a story from our wonderful CEO Selena Kitt, so you poets, this is an utterly unique opportunity to get your poem in front of Selena's 35,000 strong mailing list of fans.

Now I know that the call below isn't expansive on the poetry opportunity, because we're really not sure how the hell we can make it come true. But rest assured, the reason it's there is because Selena has a soft spot for poetry, and she knows this forum and its wonderful poets, so she sent me to tempt you into submission (so to speak). What we DON'T want is to promise a poetry spot and get two limericks and a page of rhyming couplets.

This is a book of short stories, and if a poem makes it in, it will be the kind that appeals to readers of short stories.

I am one of the short-listing editors, and I can tell you what I'll be looking for, which is a provocative, sensual, long-form poem (500+ words), which tends more to the concrete than the abstract. If it rhymes, I'll pay more attention to something with lyrical flow (like Man From Snowy River) than I would to some sing-songy Roses Are Red number. (At this point, I remind you I'm not a poet. I'm not even a judge of poetry. I'm just looking for a poem that appeals to folk like me.)

Here's the call for submissions. Last thing before I go, if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them here, or you can come across to ERWA and ask the group. Questions go to the ERA Writers group, submissions to the ERA StoryTime list. These are mailing lists, and you need to subscribe before you post.


[size=+2]ERWA Themed Anthologies[/size]

Want to see your work in print, branded with the respected ERWA name?

This month we begin an experiment, soliciting stories for themed anthologies through the Storytime list. Every few months, we will announce a new anthology theme. These are separate from the monthly themes.

Our first anthology theme will be “Unearthly Delights: Paranormal Erotica”. The submission deadline for this theme is May 31, 2017.

Pull out your Tarot cards, grab your garlic and holy water, and show us what happens when desire defies earthly explanation and fear of the shadows turns to fascination. Lonely spirits, kinky demons, ghostly whores, or sultry psychics—let your imagination run loose in the creepy corners of the Otherworld. Magical realism, fantasy, and occult stories are encouraged, but anything goes, so long as there's a thread of the bizarre and inexplicable. Humorous stories may also be appropriate as long as they sizzle with erotic heat. Seduce us with paranormal surprises in the world as we know it, as opposed to alternate worlds where such oddities are taken for granted.


The ERWA anthologies (see detailed call below) will be published by Excessica, after professional editing and cover design. Contributors will split royalties. We expect that each anthology will include six to ten stories of 4000 to 1000 words.

For each volume, we will also consider one single-author series of four flashers and a quickie which are thematically linked, or which tell an over-arching story, broken into instalments. A flasher is a microfiction of 200 words, and a Quickie up to 1200 words.

We’re also open to considering submissions from poets.

Whatever your chosen media, you can feature any genders, orientations or pairings and any sort of sexual activity that satisfies the Storytime rules.

When you post your work to Storytime, please follow this convention in the subject line of your email: [THEME ANTHOLOGY] Story/Poem/Flasher: your title. For example:

[PARANORMAL EROTICA ANTHOLOGY] Story: Renfield’s Lament
[PARANORMAL EROTICA ANTHOLOGY]: Flasher Bundle: The Endless Winter

You can post your candidate stories anytime, starting now.

If your story is over 5000 words, then please split it over two emails and add ‘Part 1 of 2’ (etc) to your subject line. This is to prevent your email being truncated.

Authors of anthology stories are expected to contribute critiques of other authors’ work. Reciprocal critiques are an incredibly important part of this effort. Would-be participants should also try to provide the level of critique that they would hope to receive.

For a great tutorial on doing crits, see Ian Smith’s article on the ERWA blog (sorry - link is blocked)

To sign up for Storytime, go here: http://erotica-readers.com/PRIVATE/index.html


If you have questions, please ask them on the ERWA Writers list (erawriters@erwa.simplelists.com)
 
Regarding the call above from ERWA, I've heard from Sam, our Editor in Chief at ERWA, and she's getting submissions (awesome) in her private email (not per the instructions).

The submissions process is different and a little bit weird. ERWA StoryTime is a mailing list, where writers worksop their story/poem with the group.

You submit via the list. That's a bit confronting, I know, because everyone gets to see your entry, but on the upside, you get free editing.

As a child of the modern world, mailing lists seemed maddeningly archaic to me, and I found ERWA long before I joined. I couldnt comprehend that a mailing list was still active in 2016, and until you join, you can't see the activity, so you assume it's dead.

It's not.

Just sign up to storytime and Writers. Lurk for a week and watch what happens. Then introduce yourself. Tell us I sent you. I guarantee you'll get a warm and resounding welcome. Ask a question about the anthology in Writers. Post an old poem for critique on Poetry Sunday. We're nice. We will talk to you.

Then post your anthology submission on Storytime.

At the moment they're all in Sam's inbox, so I can't read them. Help us out (and yourself).
 
Back
Top