All right, folks. Wish me luck

And math hath been conquered!!

Now for my first interview. After that, they size us down to a third and we repeat the whole process again (only harder this time).

Fun times!

Hang in there. I know you can do this! Here's an entire chorus line of :nana::nana::nana: :nana::nana::nana: for you.

PS Naoko and I swear by them. LOL! Neko

A belated good luck wish to you, LaRascasse.

Just out of curiosity, how long are you/we going to be hung on tenterhooks awaiting the final outcome?

Nearly as long as we have to wait for one of the damn Katrina chapters, I betcha! Come on famous internet multinational - just appoint him already. You know you want to!

And meanwhile Katrina and Jake are still awaiting the dread visit of Jake's sister Brittany. Thank God I agreed to edit the story or I'd be even more behind the doom and gloom than the rest of you :D.

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:
More dancing bananas than a famous multinational company could possibly imagine.
(Actually that was so many, the Lit site buckled under the strain - who knew you should only put 10 images in a post! Good omen - hopefully the famous multin. are swooning with amazement at LaRascasse's many abilities and appointing him now and he can get back to Katrina.)

And the interview is over... creepiest interview ever.

Picture sitting across the table from two Google engineers and a (totally hot) HR lady. It's almost impossible to follow the rule of even eye contact when your eyes always want to return to the hot HR lady.

One of the engineers asked the questions in the most convoluted way possible. The other dissected my answers to pieces and asked for more explanations. The HR lady didn't say anything, just stared at me. It got uncomfortable after a while. Right at the end, she swooped in with her few questions.

"Where would you like to see yourself five years from now?"

"Reenacting some of my writings with you."

"Oh? What do you write?"

"Hot sex."

"Oh my! When do we start?"

"Right now, if you tell these two computer junkies to leave."

*Sigh* *Dream breaks* #nevergivethatanswerinrl

Good Luck. Maybe the possibility of scoring with that hot HR chick might give you added incentive, if any is needed. :D

Jeeez! what a nightmare scenario!
They often make it really tough when they already like you and so they feel they can use the interview to stretch you a bit more, knowing they're going to give you the post whatever.
Throwing in a hot babe to make sure you accept their offer sounds promising! :D
:rose:

Picture sitting across the table from two Google engineers and a (totally hot) HR lady. It's almost impossible to follow the rule of even eye contact when your eyes always want to return to the hot HR lady.

One of the engineers asked the questions in the most convoluted way possible. The other dissected my answers to pieces and asked for more explanations. The HR lady didn't say anything, just stared at me. It got uncomfortable after a while. Right at the end, she swooped in with her few questions.

"Oh? What do you write?"

"Hot sex."

I have worked in searching for and placement of people for many years. The most important part of any interview is the first 20 seconds. Much of the remainder is justification for the decision already made.

The two engineers were there to ensure that you hadn't lied on your resumee. The hot chick's job was to take notes. They might decide to reject but won't have the capacity to appoint. Anticipate more investigation of your ability to be a team player in the next round, if (hopefully) you get that far. Good luck.

Hanging there

"Oh? What do you write?"

"Hot sex."

Rumor has it that Google hires ex-NSA employees. :cool: This almost sounds like a scene from the movie Swordfish. (Hugh Jackman proves his ability to multi-task—to simultaneously code crack and accept physical gratification. Pretty hot scene. I highly recommend it.):D

And I have made it to the next round. Now comes the good stuff.

Huge, massive programming tests ahead.

Yippy!

And I have made it to the next round. Now comes the good stuff.

Huge, massive programming tests ahead.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were progressing. I’m raising a Corona to your obvious intellectual prowess and brilliant studliness. You are the man!
:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were progressing. I’m raising a Corona to your obvious intellectual prowess and brilliant studliness. You are the man!
:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

You totally are! Great news. Keep with it. Strain those brain cells to the limit. Actually, don't quite do that, you'll probably invent time travel.

(Although then you could go back to the interview and ask the hot HR woman those questions.:D)

A Romeo y Julietta Corona to accompany Neko's Corona and crown your efforts!

:heart::nana::heart:

Damnit, these programming tests never seem to end.

How much more code do you want me to write?

Got into this thread a bit late, but I'll add my best wishes for your success.

Damnit, these programming tests never seem to end.

How much more code do you want me to write?

Sorry to hear it's so grueling. The more that Google is interested in you as an employee, the more they'll torture--er- put you through your paces.

Hiya folks,

What are your plans for the weekend?

I will be doing a code-a-thon, which essentially means typing code for 2 days straight. No sleep, only fast food (I have a stockpile), coffee (since I can't seem to buy amphetamines easily :p) and toilet breaks. Google employees have to pull these things once in a while, so they want to see if I am cut out for it. I've done a few before, but this will be more challenging.

To put things into perspective, think that you are writing a 100k word novel and if a single word is out of place, it's useless. No pressure.

I swear, I'd hate Google if I didn't like this job so much.

[This is getting to be a never-ending soap opera - Google presents
"The Endless Days of LaRascasse's Life."]

Hang in there, LaRascasse! We're behind you. {In my case, well behind you. My programming skills are non-existant.}

Hang in there, LaRascasse! We're behind you. {In my case, well behind you. My programming skills are non-existant.}

I took BASIC in high school and barely made it out of a FORTRAN77 class in college. So I'm pretty far behind myself. ;)

Hiya folks,

What are your plans for the weekend?

I will be doing a code-a-thon, which essentially means typing code for 2 days straight. No sleep, only fast food (I have a stockpile), coffee (since I can't seem to buy amphetamines easily :p) and toilet breaks. Google employees have to pull these things once in a while, so they want to see if I am cut out for it. I've done a few before, but this will be more challenging.

To put things into perspective, think that you are writing a 100k word novel and if a single word is out of place, it's useless. No pressure.

I swear, I'd hate Google if I didn't like this job so much.

Remember to eat real sugar-- it improves memory. Stay away from the artificial sweeteners-- they cause memory loss and fussy thinking. Just hook-up an IV of coffee with extra sugar and a dash of peppermint. Hang in there. It looks like you have the job if you can survive Google’s version of hell week. I am so proud of you.
:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

I've found this idle window of a few minutes in my weekend from hell while my OS recompiles.

I've been without sleep for a day and am staring at another. My fingers are burnt from typing. There are several packets of fast food littering my room and a couple of empty beer bottles too. I have had more coffee than humanly possible and I am just halfway there.

Listen carefully, because I don't have much time. I'm not going to make it. I want one of you to tell my parents I love them. Tell my sister I ratted her out when we were kids (she'll know what I'm talking about) and I'm sorry.

I'm slowly going under, my brain beginning to melt from the massive amount of activity and my eyes hurt from staring at a screen for so long.

It was nice knowing you all....

Back