why would a sensible man look for a woman on Lit?

glBock

Loves Spam
My original motive for coming here was simple: women perusing the boards here – so I said to myself – have a better imagination than those frequenting dating sites. With few exceptions, women here seem to have a positive attitude toward on-line erotica. So with me looking for a virtual relationship, because I wish to cheat as little as possible on my wife, I felt comfortable here initially.

Little did I know that women here would not appear to me all that differently from women elsewhere. The majority of the ladies I have observed here seem just as shallow as anywhere else. Convinced that simply by being female entitles them to a demanding attitude. "Come show me that you are worthy of me, and you better do that well" can be seen anywhere, from profiles that say absolutely nothing (besides cup size or hair color), to posts they write that rarely exceed one or two sentences in length.

OK, there are some exceptions. Some (very few) women have sent me thoughtful comments on the thoughts I expressed myself. Not the kind of comments I sought, but sensible comments nevertheless. I also started one thread a while ago, with mostly crappy comments, plus shitloads of them having nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote to start with. But apparently most everybody who chimed in seemed to have had a lot of fun, so I should not complain.

This taught me one thing: TRIVIALITY seems to be the most popular subject on Lit boards, at least the ones I have come to know a little. Meaningless mumbo-jumbo, without any depth of thinking. You can easily collect numbers of posts published this way, I suppose, and become a Literotica Guru fast and painlessly.

When I come back to my original question, I find it difficult to answer it positively. It is not inconceivable, I suppose, that one day a woman will read a post of mine and discover a deep mental kinship with me. And that she would then send me a PM, after which we discover that we tick very similarly. Would be really nice. But will that happen? I don't really know.

I have been communicating with one lady off and on, for a few weeks now, where this is appearing to be the case, but I don't know how long our e-mail exchange will last. We are able to give something to one another, but that does not appear terribly earth-shaking to me.

So I really don't know how to answer the question I posed in my title line. Perhaps I am just a bit too intimidated by the few women here, who published meaningful profiles and/or who write sensible posts. I feel that I DO NOT HAVE enough to offer them in return. But maybe I will write a PM or two to find out, some day.

So, in summary, I have not given up on Literotica Personals yet, even though my doubts have increased.

I suppose, that one day a woman will read a post of mine and discover a deep mental kinship with me.

Oh, I doubt that - don't take that in any way as resembling agreement or respect for what you wrote.

You really think your display of caveman entitlement is a winning formula?

My original motive for coming here was simple: women perusing the boards here – so I said to myself – have a better imagination than those frequenting dating sites. With few exceptions, women here seem to have a positive attitude toward on-line erotica. So with me looking for a virtual relationship, because I wish to cheat as little as possible on my wife, I felt comfortable here initially.

Little did I know that women here would not appear to me all that differently from women elsewhere. The majority of the ladies I have observed here seem just as shallow as anywhere else. Convinced that simply by being female entitles them to a demanding attitude. "Come show me that you are worthy of me, and you better do that well" can be seen anywhere, from profiles that say absolutely nothing (besides cup size or hair color), to posts they write that rarely exceed one or two sentences in length.

OK, there are some exceptions. Some (very few) women have sent me thoughtful comments on the thoughts I expressed myself. Not the kind of comments I sought, but sensible comments nevertheless. I also started one thread a while ago, with mostly crappy comments, plus shitloads of them having nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote to start with. But apparently most everybody who chimed in seemed to have had a lot of fun, so I should not complain.

This taught me one thing: TRIVIALITY seems to be the most popular subject on Lit boards, at least the ones I have come to know a little. Meaningless mumbo-jumbo, without any depth of thinking. You can easily collect numbers of posts published this way, I suppose, and become a Literotica Guru fast and painlessly.

When I come back to my original question, I find it difficult to answer it positively. It is not inconceivable, I suppose, that one day a woman will read a post of mine and discover a deep mental kinship with me. And that she would then send me a PM, after which we discover that we tick very similarly. Would be really nice. But will that happen? I don't really know.

I have been communicating with one lady off and on, for a few weeks now, where this is appearing to be the case, but I don't know how long our e-mail exchange will last. We are able to give something to one another, but that does not appear terribly earth-shaking to me.

So I really don't know how to answer the question I posed in my title line. Perhaps I am just a bit too intimidated by the few women here, who published meaningful profiles and/or who write sensible posts. I feel that I DO NOT HAVE enough to offer them in return. But maybe I will write a PM or two to find out, some day.

So, in summary, I have not given up on Literotica Personals yet, even though my doubts have increased.

Dude, I've had a look at a few of your threads, and I think your fundamental problem is that you've come here looking for 'sex', but you seem fairly demanding of the specific women you're prepared to have 'sex' with. If you want to engage with thoughtful women in a thoughtful way then ... be freaking thoughtful. I'd consider myself pretty thoughtful (although probably way past your apparent age limit, and also probably in excess of your apparent weight requirement), and have had some awesome ongoing things with awesome guys I've met, and lots of interesting conversations. If you want some to be engaging, then engage with them, rather than handing out a list of criteria. Trust me, if I'd had criteria as rigid as yours, I'd never have made one of the most amazing connections ever on here. Stop 'looking' and just hang out with people. You know ... like real life!

Also, endeavour to disabuse yourself of the notion that you're god's gift to women. Most of us find that about as tiresome as men find a similar attitude in women (as you obviously do).

Thanks for your comments, both of you. Compared to my earlier post, the notes I received here sound more sensible.

Perhaps I just don't fit in very well here.

Thanks for your comments, both of you. Compared to my earlier post, the notes I received here sound more sensible.

Perhaps I just don't fit in very well here.

In my experience, coming in here, like entering any situation where you might meet potential partners, doesn't work out very well if you do it full of serious intent. Best to be a bit light hearted and fun - everyone likes someone who's fun ... and every now and then the fun things become serious.

All the years I've been on lit I've still yet to get a random pm from a woman . It feels that people forget what this place is about.just my opinion like

Sensible men should appreciate that women can be sensible too.

Literotica can be and has been a place to find partnerships, love and indeed marriages have resulted.

BUT - those happen because of face to face meetings at Lit togethers or by arrangement between people who have built up a strong on line relationship.

What people should expect? Respect for each other is a start. A shared sense of humor helps.

But setting a list of requirements? Each item on the list reduces the number of possible partners.

Totally agree . The fun bit has gone from here I think, most profiles state no pm's etc which is their choice but go on Facebook not here imo

Totally agree . The fun bit has gone from here I think, most profiles state no pm's etc which is their choice but go on Facebook not here imo

Why should a person be discouraged from interacting on the boards here simply because he or she does not want to have private conversations? This is a site for communication, not a dating site. When relationships happen, it is usually after interacting on the boards. Believe it or not, but women don't come here solely to be pursued. It's a rare place on the interwebs, this one, a place many of us happen to love.

Why should a person be discouraged from interacting on the boards here simply because he or she does not want to have private conversations? This is a site for communication, not a dating site. When relationships happen, it is usually after interacting on the boards. Believe it or not, but women don't come here solely to be pursued. It's a rare place on the interwebs, this one, a place many of us happen to love.

It's the misconception that if you're a woman on a site like Lit you must be looking for all the sex and you are probably indiscriminate when it comes to partners. Those women exist here I think, but not as often as guys dream about.

In my experience, coming in here, like entering any situation where you might meet potential partners, doesn't work out very well if you do it full of serious intent. Best to be a bit light hearted and fun - everyone likes someone who's fun ... and every now and then the fun things become serious.
Kim, I really must apologize about my "trivialities" remark in my opening post. After seeing your comments on my post here, I read some of YOUR other posts. And I found quite a few of them filled with a depth of thinking I had not expected on Lit. Your article reference about the inner clitoris was one example, and your deliberations on polyamory were another.

In fact I have little, if anything, to contribute to the latter discussion, even though the subject interests me a lot. Because I simply lack sufficient experience, I suppose, despite being older than you.

My conclusion: I should explore boards other than the ones I have been perusing. And take to heart your advice about light-heartedness. ...... Have a good day.

My original motive for coming here was simple: women perusing the boards here – so I said to myself – have a better imagination than those frequenting dating sites. With few exceptions, women here seem to have a positive attitude toward on-line erotica.

Bethany: I don't mean to sound ungrateful... but what are you doing hanging around?
Jay: We're here to pick up chicks.
Bethany: Excuse me?
Jay: We figure an abortion clinic is a good place to meet loose women. Why else would they be there unless they like to fuck?

If it's a site for communication then they would be open to pm's surely?. Agree with your dating site comment but I didn't say it was.

If it's a site for communication then they would be open to pm's surely?. Agree with your dating site comment but I didn't say it was.

Sure, but they can decline PMs or end private conversations that don't suit them or not message anyone in private at all. Someone can interact on the public forum without the desire to talk in private. We have the option to turn private messaging off, after all.

They can choose to do as they please of course. What I'm trying to say is it used to different and the site was more fun. I guess it's changed along with the people using it.

Isn't it actually a site for the posting and reading of 'amateur' erotic fiction?

Just my opinion, and it's not worth much, but you came here for the wrong reason. For that matter, when I relatively recently came back, so did I but that's my problem.

There was a time when virtually no one came here with the idea of "looking for sex" or, for that matter, for prurient satisfaction only. At one time the forum was an adjunct to the stories and, for the most part, the people you met were supportive, articulate, and most importantly they were looking to "use their words" to interact in a meaningful manner.

Picture posting threads, or discussions that morphed into picture posting, were virtually non-existent. There's no way to avoid sounding cliche, but back in the day people engaged in cerebral discussions, offered each other non-judgmental support, and the crude one line sound bytes of today were virtually non-existent.

But, that's just me and while I too am not satisfied with the Literotica Forums of today it's for an entirely different reason.

Last edited:

I disagree with the original poster. I met some great women here and had some good connections. May be I have low expectations. I think women on Lit. are more open minded.

Dude, I've had a look at a few of your threads, and I think your fundamental problem is that you've come here looking for 'sex', but you seem fairly demanding of the specific women you're prepared to have 'sex' with. If you want to engage with thoughtful women in a thoughtful way then ... be freaking thoughtful. I'd consider myself pretty thoughtful (although probably way past your apparent age limit, and also probably in excess of your apparent weight requirement), and have had some awesome ongoing things with awesome guys I've met, and lots of interesting conversations. If you want some to be engaging, then engage with them, rather than handing out a list of criteria. Trust me, if I'd had criteria as rigid as yours, I'd never have made one of the most amazing connections ever on here. Stop 'looking' and just hang out with people. You know ... like real life!

Also, endeavour to disabuse yourself of the notion that you're god's gift to women. Most of us find that about as tiresome as men find a similar attitude in women (as you obviously do).
Fully agree.

unmet expectations

It seems to me that ever since I started my first thread here on Lit, I have been talking (and complaining) about unmet expectations. Several questions arise, that may be worth looking into:
(1) are my expectations all that unreasonable?
(2) what's the use of complaining?
(3) what may be a better way to proceed?

re #1: My expectation was and still is to find a companion for exchanging erotic mails with, to compensate for the missing erotic companionship with my wife. I describe what I expect to give and receive in my signature post. Which I have revised a little, as a result of some of your comments. Although some posters described that as an unreasonable wish list, I find it quite sensible. After all, I lay out there, what I am prepared to put into such an on-line relationship, and what will happen most likely, in case a woman replies, who ticks like I do.

I don't expect that my needs can ever be met, unless just the right woman for me shows up and replies. Since women like I describe there do exist, I am fairly sure, I just need to be patient and wait. After all, I am NOT looking for superwoman.

re #2: Complaining won't change my situation; that's for sure. All it does is achieve a little clarity in my head. One sort of clarity it has achieved already: a few other Litsters agree with my contention that conditions here are not ideal. That they may have changed with time; for the worse. And with some of the long-term trends underway that I dislike, conditions will not get any better, so I expect.

re #3: Patience seems the only solution, I believe. Not every female Litster has the same needs I do, but some of you will have them, I suppose. After all, what happened to me with age is not all that earthshakingly different from what many people experience. And sooner or later a woman will reply, who ticks the way I do.

if it makes you feel good, Rainshine, to consider other people as jerks, then I am glad I could help you

if it makes you feel good, Rainshine, to consider other people as jerks, then I am glad I could help you

You are presenting yourself as a jerk.

That is not the same as being one.

If you look at your posts dispassionately you could find that you have a problem with communication that isn't helping you achieve what you want.

If a woman were to ask herself "Do I want to interact with glBock based on what I have read of his posts?" I think the answer could be "No", particularly as you admit you are married and want to virtually cheat on your wife.

If you were writing your Literotica posts on a dating website, I think you would get very few responses because of the tone and content of your own words. You need to sell yourself. What you are posting is damaging your image as a reasonable person.

Be yourself. Don't complain that people think you are a jerk. They think you are because that's how your posts appear.

Back