What has Trump done for billionaires, lately?

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
With Wheeler out of the way, Ajit Pai and Republican FCC commissioner Mike O'Rielly join their fellow Republicans in rewarding corporate donors

/end gsgs comment

The FCC is an independent five-member commission whose majority usually flips in party affiliation depending on the party of the president, who nominates the members. With a Republican majority under Pai — who has often made the case for industry-led solutions — the FCC is expected to chart a deregulatory and fiscally conservative approach.
February 24, 2017

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai was appointed by Trump.


As a regulator, Ajit Pai voted reliably against many policy proposals by former Democratic Chairman Tom Wheeler, including the contentious and high-profile move to establish so-called net neutrality rules.


Though the net neutrality rules — after years in limbo — have now been affirmed in court, Pai and his fellow Republican FCC commissioner Mike O'Rielly have indicated plans to revisit those Internet regulations as well as other FCC rules.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit delivered a slam-dunk victory to the Federal Communications Commission as it rejected the petition filed by telecom, cable and wireless industry associations alongside AT&T, CenturyLink and several smaller providers.

FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler said in a statement. "After a decade of debate and legal battles, today's ruling affirms the Commission's ability to enforce the strongest possible internet protections — both on fixed and mobile networks — that will ensure the internet remains open, now and in the future."


http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...s-court-holds-up-net-neutrality-rules-in-full

February 24, 2017

A group of telecom associations and companies, including Comcast, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, has filed a petition asking the FCC to halt broader privacy rules, which were passed in part on the basis of the broader authority the agency claimed over the industry through its landmark "net neutrality" overhaul.


Pai's move on Friday seeks a vote of his fellow commissioners, of which there are currently two: a Democrat and a Republican. But even without the vote, the FCC staff can hit pause on the data security part of the rules until the full FCC vote on the pending petitions to reconsider the broader privacy rules.


http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ef-is-ajit-pai-critic-of-net-neutrality-rules

The newly appointed Republican chairman of the Federal Communications Commission is moving to scale back the implementation of sweeping privacy rules for Internet providers passed last year.

Why ? Telecom and cable companies want more!
 
Every multi- billion dollar industry, is slated to get more! More swamp creatures have been placed into government offices by Emperor Carrot Head.
 
It seems as though the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Fiasco began under suspicious circumstances.

December 4, 2017

"For all intents and purposes, Mr. Mulvaney appears to have announced a 30-day shutdown of the CFPB,” Elizabeth Warren wrote. “This represents a waste of taxpayer dollars and raises questions about whether Mr. Mulvaney has prevented the CFPB from fulfilling its congressional mandate."

Elizabeth Warren's letter calls on the inspector general to look into the vague and sweeping nature of Mulvaney’s actions in the week since he assumed contested control of the bureau. On his first day, Mulvaney declared that “anything that’s in the pipeline stops” and imposed 30-day freezes on any “new rules, regulation, and guidance,” on hiring, and on payments from the Civil Penalty fund to victims of financial misconduct.



“Mr. Mulvaney provided no clarity on his authority to enact these moratoria, their impact, or how they would be implemented,” Warren writes. She also notes her concern that Mulvaney has halted actions that were imminent or in progress before he took control. For instance, the CFPB was teeing up a lawsuit against Spanish bank Santander for allegedly overcharging consumers for car loans that was set to be filed as early as last Monday, coincidentally, Mulvaney’s first day at the bureau. That suit has not been filed yet, and one of Santander’s chief lobbyists, notes Warren, is Mulvaney’s former chief of staff.


http://www.motherjones.com/politics...ut-trumps-meddling-in-the-agency-she-created/
 
Trump has named Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. That's bound to please a few hundred billionaires.

Make Israel Great Again!
 
Trump has named Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. That's bound to please a few hundred billionaires.

Make Israel Great Again!

That doesn't bother me so much, not least because it can't be given any teeth for some time anyway. It would have been better if it had happened years ago. In principle, it should be up to the country itself to decide what its capital is and where diplomatic activity should be centered. The U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv was a deteriorating, unsafe building the last time I was there over twenty-five years ago and has been held in limbo as a threat to those working there. There are always going to be riots over something in that region. Might as well bite the bullet and put the embassy where the capital is and get past that issue. As a stumbling block to anything it's a false issue.
 
Every multi- billion dollar industry, is slated to get more! More swamp creatures have been placed into government offices by Emperor Carrot Head.

Just stopped by to tell you its time to head off to your safe space, Al Green's idiotic impeachment bill just failed 351-68. Ta ta...:D
 
Just stopped by to tell you its time to head off to your safe space, Al Green's idiotic impeachment bill just failed 351-68. Ta ta...:D

You thought anyone took that seriously? Seriously? Paranoid much? :D
 
Back
Top