Help!

ArthurG77

Virgin
Please could somebody tell me how do I upload a pic to the 'about me' section of my biography on my profile page?? I have seen so many other authors profile page and seen a pic of them in the 'about me' section. I can't figure out how to do it.

Are you talking about a profile picture or an AV?

Have you looked through the index of FAQ's at the top of this page? There is a ton of useful information in there (as I see you seem to be a new poster to these pages...)

Welcome to Lit :)

For your profile pic, just follow these steps (the last section of the post).

For an avatar, you need 100 posts, so post away (head on over to one of the games thread if you want to rack up your posts).

For all other questions, check the FAQs.

Happy posting :)

For an avatar, you need 100 posts, so post away (head on over to one of the games thread if you want to rack up your posts).

Hi, firebreeze! Hope all is well with you and yours. :) I keep wondering if the "Your Advice to a New Litster" thread should be copied over here to the How To forum. Or maybe list the "FAQ" threads in red?? ~sigh~:rose::rose:

Hi, firebreeze! Hope all is well with you and yours. :) I keep wondering if the "Your Advice to a New Litster" thread should be copied over here to the How To forum. Or maybe list the "FAQ" threads in red?? ~sigh~:rose::rose:

Hello Ella :rose: It could warm up, and all will be well - hope you are and yours are doing well.

While I haven't been here as long as some of the regular how-toer, I have been around the Lit block a couple of times, and from what I've observed, such suggestions would be moot. While some newbies would read them, others will not - AND, if I recall correctly, you were supposed to read the FAQs before signing up. Ah well... the inability to read through and to critically think is unfortunately not a Lit-specific phenomenon. :rolleyes:

Hello Ella :rose: It could warm up, and all will be well - hope you are and yours are doing well.

While I haven't been here as long as some of the regular how-toer, I have been around the Lit block a couple of times, and from what I've observed, such suggestions would be moot. While some newbies would read them, others will not - AND, if I recall correctly, you were supposed to read the FAQs before signing up. Ah well... the inability to read through and to critically think is unfortunately not a Lit-specific phenomenon. :rolleyes:

Ha! You just made me laugh out loud!:D

sorry but...

Thank you very much for your advice.
But it doesn't help me i'm afraid. What i meant was the bit in my biography at the bottom that says "some words from ArthurG77" I want to upload a pic to. I have seen so many other author profiles with pics in that section. When i go to edit profile and insert the pic into the biography section where you write about yourself, it won't let me. I have the image on photobucket and have tried copying the direct link, the html code and the img code and none of them work. Do i need to insert the code somewhere else? Or does photobucket not allow hotlinking? Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

You're referring to the bio on the story side of the site, correct?

Try this and let us know how it goes in a couple of weeks, once it's had plenty of time to be viewed and approved.

However, you should not use photobucket or imageshack for anything lit-related. Neither plays well with this site. I think your best bet for uploading your pic to your author profile is to attach it/do it from your computer, rather than host it elsewhere (unless that's your only option).

Participation on the forums will increase your exposure to readers if you put links to your work in your signature line. Thus, it'd be wise to at least fill out your profile here; you can do that, and upload a pic to it (if you wish) via the User CP link at the top left of your screen.

Try this and let us know how it goes in a couple of weeks, once it's had plenty of time to be viewed and approved.

However, you should not use photobucket or imageshack for anything lit-related. Neither plays well with this site. I think your best bet for uploading your pic to your author profile is to attach it/do it from your computer, rather than host it elsewhere (unless that's your only option).

Participation on the forums will increase your exposure to readers if you put links to your work in your signature line. Thus, it'd be wise to at least fill out your profile here; you can do that, and upload a pic to it (if you wish) via the User CP link at the top left of your screen.

Thank you!

Thanks erica. There are 2 different kinds of pics. One is like an avatar that appears in the top left of bio page next to the name like the one in this profile http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1315111 and then there is one that you can put under your bio information like this http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=135038 . And that is what i want to do, to upload a pic under the bio section like this guy did. Does that happen simply by uploading it to 'user picture' option when you edit profile? (Which I am awaiting approval with), or is 'user picture' that small avatar in the left side next to user name? Which I'm not interested in. Sorry to be a pest but this has really confused me.

My suggestion is to simply wait until the pic you submitted is posted, and then see where it shows up. Hopefully it'll be in the right place and all this worrying you seem to be doing is for naught. Looking at my own profile, it seems there's only one field for a picture, not an option for an avatar as well, so my guess is the larger pic will appear on yours and all will be fine.

Unless you're marketing your Lit pieces heavily elsewhere, most of your readers will find you via this board. More people will likely see your avatar (you can put one up after you have over 100 posts here) and profile pic here vs. in your author's profile. Readers DO look at profiles, but not as much as they just read the stories. So, if I were you, I would focus on my profile, signature links and posts here, and not worry about the pic on my author profile. You've already done all you can do on the story side; now it's just a waiting game.

photobucket will work fine - only if the content is non-sexual/no nudity/not considered offensive.

imageshack has an automated process to block anything on the literotica servers, even if it is totally non-sexual etc. Image might last a day or so then the link is blocked.

there seems to be little rules for tumblr - and lots of people are hotlinking to tumblr photos here.

Last edited:
At least one of those sites has a data transfer limit that breaks the link once the image has been accessed enough times, though I can't recall which one.

Photobucket definitely denies "adult" content, but a bunch of people have also had trouble posting images that don't even remotely run afoul of that rule. Sometimes it works, sometimes not; in combination with the content rules, the unreliability is why I advise avoiding the site.

I either use Picasa or a no-sign-up host for hotlinking my own images, and have never had an issue.

...that is what i want to do, to upload a pic under the bio section like this guy did. Does that happen simply by uploading it to 'user picture' option when you edit profile? (Which I am awaiting approval with), ...

The profile picture for your author's page requires moderator approval before it shows up. That is a rather low priority task for the site administrators, so it can take some time for it to be enabled.

If it has been more than a week, send a PM to Manu asking him to check into the problem. (Essentially, Laurel handles the stories, Manu handles everything else.)

Back