Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Whoohooo bflagsst!

Back to me for a minute I got approved to launch my project on this arts site. I wrote this verse novel and am trying to get the first book of it published. If anyone wants to check it out, or just see me on video off the cuff and a little awkward, here you go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-fictionagain

I don't think it's a commercial site or an actual business.

Actually, just any general thoughts on it would help me out. I'm not really sure a verse novel is the sort of thing that gathers enough interest to fund itself like painting, film, or a musical project. Can't hurt to try.
 
warning: this site pulls you in. you are going to want to pledge support all over the place. go with caution. you can even log in with facebook and pay with amazon so no real typing involved.

these
people
are
smart
 
lol, it's either a really good thing or a really bad thing that reading your comment made me think, "But I can point out two (possibly three) nitpicks in that poem!"

Thank you.

They picked up another one, at the same time as this one, which should be there next week, or the week after.
 
Congratulations, DA. Very, oh, not "nice," since that would probably piss you off, but what? Energetic? Hyperkinetic? Toned like Aaahnold back in his "Pumping Iron" days? What can I fucking say other than my neatly, quite so middle-aged, Main Street slam that murmurs congenially that I liked it.

Which, fuck, I did.

Congratulations anyway, Mr. Man.

It is a good poem. Mostly.

Heh. :rolleyes:

Oh, you.

It is nice. Mostly.

Mostly.

~R
 
lol, it's either a really good thing or a really bad thing that reading your comment made me think, "But I can point out two (possibly three) nitpicks in that poem!"

Thank you.

They picked up another one, at the same time as this one, which should be there next week, or the week after.

I think we all read more flaws into our work than other eyes at times; i know this is true for many of my published pieces, particularly after some time's elapsed. Nit-picking aside, i read your piece with my reader-head on, enjoying it for what it was- visceral, scalding, immediate. It made engaged me from the first line and never let go, its impression surviving well past the end of its words. So I make no apologies that, for me, this makes it a damned good poem. :)
 
lol, it's either a really good thing or a really bad thing that reading your comment made me think, "But I can point out two (possibly three) nitpicks in that poem!"

Thank you.

They picked up another one, at the same time as this one, which should be there next week, or the week after.

Well done, it's an interesting site.

Isn't it always the way.....I see a poem of mine in hard print and see 101 things I could've done better. I just decided to trust the editors' choice and start glowing.

Waiting for the next one to appear here. :rose:
 
hello phonepal, you might not know this since you are new, but this page is where poets announce poems they have had accepted for publication :)

There are plenty of other threads where you can post your poem.

best wishes, maria
 
hello phonepal, you might not know this since you are new, but this page is where poets announce poems they have had accepted for publication :)

There are plenty of other threads where you can post your poem.

best wishes, maria

I think it's an attempt to disguise S - P - A - M................ :eek:

Hi sweetums....:kiss:
 
I think it's an attempt to disguise S - P - A - M................ :eek:

Hi sweetums....:kiss:

I kinda figured that but I was trying to be non-confrontational. I have learned a lot from my years here and just don't want to stir the pot, as it were, and have everyone upset with me.


kiss right back atcha sweet lady.

:rose:
 
I'm not new to Literotica, but am new to the poetry threads. I just posted three of my poems on the sensory challenge thread, and I hope to hear back from someone or other about what they think of them. I will try to read and comment on some myself.
 
I recommend Grand Mal, a second book from the gifted and prolific Dennis Mahagin. It is smart and witty and profound and sad and funny: everything I've come to expect from this talented guy!
 
Support is sexy

Hello lovelies! I'm new here. I wrote A poem that is waiting approval but what would love some of you to read it and toot my horn! Support and encouragement opens the heart and makes the creative juices flow! I would be happy to read others work as well!
 
Hey there, Langston. Hi from Harlem, neighbor. Did you post on New Poems Submissions? Reviewers or, ahem, recommenders, recommend on that New Poems Recommendations thread every day, usually. This thread is where you post your bragging about getting published outside of Literotica (since Lit, to be fair, takes almost everything). We also have some good threads to post poems on in the forum if you would like to get feedback. (Maybe I should sticky one of those?) Anyway, welcome to the PF&D. Poke around some.
 
I'm just here to toot the horn for UnderYourSpell who read her poetry on the radio today for National Poetry Day. Kudus to a gifted poet.


:rose:x12
 
Congrats, Annie! That's wonderful. :rose: (And thanks Angeline for the news. Good to see you around here a bit more.)
 
Denis Hale

who did an interview here rather recently, has his third book contract and should release his book, Ghazals and Other Long Shots (I think that's the working title) soon. He also just got poems accepted to The Evergreen Review, which is wonderful news! If anyone is interested in getting a copy of his new book (or either of the other two), send me a pm. :)
 
I'm doing a live poetry reading for 30 minutes or so at a sim called DNA (Arts and Music fusion) in world in Second Life on May 25th at 11:30 am Pacific time (SL time as well). My time falls smack dab in the middle of 30 minute open mic sessions when any avatar can celebrate the spoken word in front of an international audience.
 
Back
Top