The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
Hi authors!

Constumes in store windows and mini-candy bars appearing in orange and black wrappers in bins at the grocery store can only mean one thing: it's time for the Literotica Halloween Contest! We will accept entries starting on Wednesday, October 8th, and we will stop accepting contest entries on Wednesday, October 22. On October 29, we will announce the 3 winners. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:

- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.


The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2003" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume or throw in a black cat. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)


Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those award in the monthly contests.

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)
 
One story complete and waiting; the other half way through the first write.

Anyone else participating?

The advantages are exposure on Literotica's Home page for your talents which improves views even for your older submissions, more feedback, more votes, ...

The entrants are a select few so your story doesn't get lost in the mass of new stories published each week.

Disadvantages? Very few. You could join the race to come last. See the National Nude Day contest.

Go for it.

Og
 
oggbashan said:
Anyone else participating? You could join the race to come last.
Dear Og,
I'd like to encourage DurtGurl to update "Me and Mom" in a Holloween theme, but I don't think you're supposed to use an old story.
MG
 
Now I'm worried about constrictions again. I'm basing my story on Sleeping Beauty and I've made the fairy godmothers into witches and all relevant dates are 31 October. There's even going to be a sub-plot once I get past the sex scenes. Is this too contrived for the contest? Laurel?

And I'll still beat Og into a cocked-hat for last place because this time the story's supposed to be humorous.

Gauche
 
Last place?

I don't know how Gauche did it but he seems to have won the race for last place in the National Nude Day competition which you can see here:

http://www.literotica.com/contests/2003/nudeday2003.html

I thought it deserved better than last but the voters disagreed. I had hoped that my Beach Protest was a strong contender for the wooden spoon but some people actually liked it.

Perhaps this time I'll cheat and write a Halloween story that isn't a Halloween story. That ought to reduce its rating.

Og
 
Svenskaflicka said:
She could write a cute little story about "Me and Mummy"..?;)
Dear Svenska,
That was beneath you. Well ... maybe I just didn't know how low you could go.
MG
Ps. Grrrrrrrrrrr
 
Well, I never!:eek:

Here I try to be helpful, and all I get is sneering! Well, I won't help YOU again any time soon!

*sticks nose in the air*

Ps!) Harumph!
 
Laurel said:
Hi authors!

- Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume or throw in a black cat. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Good luck, and have fun! ;)


*makes a mental note to not throw the black cat*
 
Heck...I'll take a shot at it...now I need to put on my thinking cap. Last time I was sandwiched between RF and Ogg...not a bad place to be.:)
 
Re: Re: The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

wildsweetone said:
*makes a mental note to not throw the black cat*

well, you could through it out just not in
 
Good luck to each and everyone. Me, I'll start now, so I just might have a story ready for next year...
 
Re: Re: Re: The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

sirhugs said:
well, you could through it out just not in

You make a very good point sir. I shall keep that in mind for when my protag trips over it. :D

Good luck to you too IcingSugar :)
 
Icingsugar said:
Good luck to each and everyone. Me, I'll start now, so I just might have a story ready for next year...

I was thinking I might finish the one I started for last year's contest and present it this year, but I'm not so sure anymore that it wold constitute a Halloween story as much as Sci-Fi.

Guess we'll see if I finish it in time.
 
Y'know... I might actually have something ready for this..
 
I'm in..is there a minimum or maximum length? thanks!!!


*off to put on my black dress and vampire fangs..
 
*plotting something scarrier than it is sexy*

So long as it's got some sex in it, it works, right?

Mwahahahah! I'll do it tonight and tomorrow so I can push Ogg up to second to last place.

*chuckle*

Well, 'least I'm honest, right?

*lovingly to all who want me to be cute and huggy to them (feel free to tell me so I don't make this a universal closing next time),*

Medi

PS. Was that a long closing or what? Whew, certainly better than my one worders though...
 
Whoohoo! I've got a story for the contest!

:nana:

Ok, so it may not be one of my better ones, but hey, I'm just happy I managed to finish on deadline. :D

Now, let's see if I'll manage to get 50 votes to be ellegible for the contest...:rolleyes:
 
Wow, I wrote chapter one, leading, but not at the scary part (one of them at laest) Fan's of "Silent Hill", or "Alone in the Dark" Enjoy!

On the basis of I got into my scary mode, which spawns from those things. And the "Bare Wench Project." Which is the most god awful soft core my friends have ever inflicted upon me.

(For those who've seen it, I can offer Solace, comfort, or even a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster to remove it from any braincells it's stored upon, 10 points to who guesses the book in which that drink is mentioned, and the author.)

So, on a side note: Yay, I'm around 12 from my cute Avatar... but I won't pad my list, I refuse to cheat, I'll earn it fairly.

Second side note: FFTA Came out rescently, Final Fantast Tactics Advance... now not only am I a gamer, through and through, but I'm applying to a videogame store for a job (being 18 and now an ex-telemarketer is making life interesting)

Yes I've quit the Telemarketing! I finally, after 6 weeks, mind you, got sick of that profession. I walked in, and resigned... while being at 9/hour mind you, and am going into a minimum wage job, (if I make it).

Does this explain how desperate my escape was?

I apologize for digressing through... I think 4 topics, but yeah... it's how my mind works when I begin ranting... so yeah, I'll shut up now.

*hugs all who want them*
With much Videogame Worship,
Medi
 
Definitely want to get in on this one. The problem will be deciding which idea to pursue!

I love Halloween.

Sabledrake
 
Started this morning!

Actually, I'm sprucing up last year's unfinished Halloween contest story left on my old computer. Everyone I told about it liked the idea but not the planned ending so I decided to shelve it. This year, I have had the confidence and success to know that I am my own best judge. It may not be a great ending but it's my imagination and I'm writing to please myself most of all! Watch for NAKED SOULS...finally.
 
Submitted first story today called "Hannah and Kay". Only 15,400 words, so it is one of my shorter stories, but is a sequel to "Loving Hannah" which is of similar length. There will be a part three.

Working on second entry which should stand a better chance of getting a few votes because I'm trying to keep the wordcount under 3 or 4,000.

Good Luck to the other participants.

Og
 
I've been thinking about joining the contest. I have an idea about a non-consent story with a halloween theme to it. I just have to find time to write it.
 
Back
Top