The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

It's now official, Vice President Joe Biden has become the first vice president to NOT shoot someone in the face in over a decade.
 
It's now official, Vice President Joe Biden has become the first vice president to NOT shoot someone in the face in over a decade.

That's funny. I stole it and got a good laugh out of the rednecks here.
 
"Mitt Romney promised 6% unemployment. Newt Gingrich said he'd get us $2.50 gas. Isn't it time that they get a little credit?"

— Heard on Twitter
 
tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o1_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o2_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o3_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o4_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o5_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o6_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o7_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o8_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o9_1280.png

tumblr_ngqpc92o5V1tk3943o10_1280.png
 
Somebody is feeling a little emotionally needy. I notice that somebody clipped it exactly above their own last post.

I probably could have responded to more threads quicker if the Internet connection here which all has to be sent and received by microwave relay was not so low in the inclement weather.

I will try to do better.

I found 18 topics to be of interest. That nineteenth one, I took a look at the thread starter, then I looked at 'Who posted?" and against my better judgment took a look. Nope, nothing of any interest there at all. Just a petty little LWCJ as one would expect from the cast of characters. Nothing of an substance to respond to.
 

Attachments

  • I found 18 topics to be of interest to me. What about you.jpg
    I found 18 topics to be of interest to me. What about you.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So Rubio fiercely opposes an embassy in Communist Cuba but happily voted to send an ambassador to Communist China. Would any of the resident spinmeisters care to take a swing at this knuckleball?
 
So Rubio fiercely opposes an embassy in Communist Cuba but happily voted to send an ambassador to Communist China. Would any of the resident spinmeisters care to take a swing at this knuckleball?

It's the same sort of wingnut intellectual inconsistency we see here on a daily basis ("High Gas Prices? All Obama's Fault! Low Gas Prices? No thanks to Obama!")
 
The President just smashed that end-of-year presser. Threw shade, shut down some tried boolshit.

He only called on women reporters, beginning to end...and at the end, all the men were like

panic-beaker.gif
 
This is becoming the Facebook of politics. Memes for those that don't read.
 
This is becoming the Facebook of politics. Memes for those that don't read.

That's what Isolated Blurts are in a nutshell, tho'. And what communities are transforming into. Condensed, micro-neighboorhood aggregates for easier, faster digestion.

The future will be snippetized.
 
That's what Isolated Blurts are in a nutshell, tho'. And what communities are transforming into. Condensed, micro-neighboorhood aggregates for easier, faster digestion.

The future will be snippetized.
Yep I saw all that the last four election cycles. I don't think it is a great thing. No matter one's political persuasion, it's better to have a skeptical, well informed electorate that I disagree with than an easily persuaded, unaware one.
 
Two NYPD cops get killed and 'wartime' police blame the protesters. Have we learned nothing?

Steven W Thrasher
theguardian.com

For the state and its agents, “the ultimate expression of sovereignty resides, to a large degree, in the power and the capacity to dictate who may live and who must die,” the postcolonial scholar Achilles Mbembe wrote of his term necropolitics, which describe who, exactly, wields the power to kill. The fear inside that police union boss is not just about the actual violence which may befall his members; it’s a fear that the NYPD is in danger of losing its monopoly on the threat of violence. To Patrick Lynch (and to all of us), a cop’s killing is unacceptable. But to Patrick Lynch (and to too many white people), a cop acting as judge, jury and executioner is somehow acceptable.

Now the necropolitics have flipped, and the armed cops are in a position where they feel as vulnerable as the unarmed folks saying, “Hands up, don’t shoot.” And trust me: that’s when things get ugly. On Friday night, I went to a rally in support of the NYPD, which has been under increased pressure since a grand jury’s decision not to indict in the killing of the unarmed black father Eric Garner in a chokehold. You had almost all white pro-police supporters on one side, and non-white police critics on the other. The non-white people would chant, “Hands up, don’t shoot” – and the white people would respond, “Hands up, don’t loot.” Many of the white protesters invoked 9/11, and they sung “God Bless America” … and they wore t-shirts that read I CAN BREATHE.


http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/21/two-nypd-cops-killed-wartime-police-protesters?CMP=share_btn_tw
 
Back
Top