ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vella_ms said:
sippin on my free hazlenut cap. ..
Oh thats just preposterous, what happened to coffee flavoured coffee?

I'll have a ristretto that can kill a mule, please.

Randi Grail said:
Oh thats just preposterous, what happened to coffee flavoured coffee?

Yes.

:cool: I would be happy with some that was strong enough to kick ass if not kill the mule.

Hello gang. What's new? Just came by to see if the service has improved at all. The last time I was here the coffee was luke warm.:D

Carl

Carl East said:
Hello gang. What's new? Just came by to see if the service has improved at all. The last time I was here the coffee was luke warm.:D

Carl

Try the lady fingers..........................................HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Denton said:
OOOOOooooooh!!!! ... Can I get my box beat with a feather maybe?
Lisa,

Go look in the refuse bin out in the alley. You should find some long pin-feathers. After last night, Minsue will be a flightless bird.
neonlyte said:
... Is this place open yet, I need a double expresso....
Neo,
A single is all that the Board of Health allows us to serve a customer at one time, but that should be enough to get you eyes open . . . or vice versa.
ruminator said:
Good morning all. Do you have large size cups here? ....for the coffee/espresso? I'd like two doubles please,
Singles, and one only to a customer. Rumi. You'll thank me when they take the stomach pump out of your mouth.
vella_ms said:
... sippin on my free hazlenut cap. .. grinnin madly
Vella,
See now, that was your first error, assuming it was hazelnut.

No, actually, your first error was sipping it.
ruminator said:
Sounds like Lisa found the Lady Fingers in the donut case.
‘Fraid not. The clinic next door conducted a couple of sex change operations last night. That always happens when Abs offers a half off sale on all drinks.
Randi Grail said:
... what happened to coffee flavoured coffee?
If all you want is something to kill a mule, how about our hemlock tea. Get it over with quickly.
ruminator said:
... I would be happy with some that was strong enough to kick ass if not kill the mule.
That would have also pleased the mule.
Lisa Denton said:
Lady fingers? Did somebody say lady fingers?
They did, but they were dead wrong to mention it.

Virtual_Burlesque said:
Lisa,

Go look in the refuse bin out in the alley. You should find some long pin-feathers. After last night, Minsue will be a flightless bird.

Neo,
A single is all that the Board of Health allows us to serve a customer at one time, but that should be enough to get you eyes open . . . or vice versa.

Singles, and one only to a customer. Rumi. You'll thank me when they take the stomach pump out of your mouth.

Vella,
See now, that was your first error, assuming it was hazelnut.

No, actually, your first error was sipping it.

‘Fraid not. The clinic next door conducted a couple of sex change operations last night. That always happens when Abs offers a half off sale on all drinks.

If all you want is something to kill a mule, how about our hemlock tea. Get it over with quickly.

That would have also pleased the mule.

They did, but they were dead wrong to mention it.

You made me laugh so hard my vibrator almost fell out.

Vote my toy story
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=150481

I leave for a while and chaos ensues, people, this is a proper establishment, one with the slightest air of dignity....except for my waitress, but I love her like the circus freak my mom would never let me own.

and as for you Mr. Carl, your coffee was hot when you got it, if you kept your eyes on that instead of oogling the customers it would still be hot!!!

Vella, I hate hazlenut and refuse to serve it in my establisment, what you thought was hazlenut was witch hazle....keep your glasses on please.:rolleyes:

The pastry case will now be locked since I found someone had inserted the peanut sticks inside all the donuts and the gingerbread men did not come anatomically correct!:mad:

Topic of the day: still stands at painters, please add to the post, I know there is some culture out there.:cool:

and Liar's poetry corner is now open.

Whoever left me the bouquet of Calla lillies, thank you.:)

Enjoy!
~Abs~:rose:

Poppin' in for a double shot of writer's delight! Story is moving along and I can't stray for too long. Glad to see everyone here having a good time.

Perhaps when I return, there will be some table-dancing. :p

~lucky

The coffee will be flowing like crazy, seems like we have a rush of inspiration here, I'm adding some computers for those who want to hang out, but need to write.

Still waiting to hear some folks jabber on about Art....must I depend on Perdita for everything?:rolleyes:

lucky-E-leven said:
Poppin' in for a double shot of writer's delight! Story is moving along and I can't stray for too long. Glad to see everyone here having a good time.

Perhaps when I return, there will be some table-dancing. :p

~lucky

Hey Lucky,
You won't get any doubles here, Missy turned me down, some bloody Board of Health regulation (so she claimed) AND I had to wait three hours just for a coffee. What was doing - growing the beans?

As for table-dancing, you want to watch out for that, them tables can do nasty damage to your toes.

neon

Virtual_Burlesque said:
Matriarch, if you want some of our secretly imported moonshine, the fireworks will start about five minutes later, in your head!

Yayyyy, sounds like the perfect drink to celebrate my *fingers crossed*, new home.

Keep some for me, I'll be in later to try it out.

Mat :rose:

neonlyte said:
Hey Lucky,
You won't get any doubles here, Missy turned me down, some bloody Board of Health regulation (so she claimed) AND I had to wait three hours just for a coffee. What was doing - growing the beans?

As for table-dancing, you want to watch out for that, them tables can do nasty damage to your toes.

neon

Stick with me, buddy. I don't think the proprietor of this particular establishment will deny me a double of anything. I'm in good with the owner.

;)

And table-dancing, when done correctly, shouldn't damage one's toes at all. What kind of places have you been visiting?

:eek:

~lucky

p.s. Okay, off to whip this story out and then I'll be back. :)

neonlyte said:
Hey Lucky,

neon

Psst, I found your fingerprints on the pastry case...:eek:

ABSTRUSE said:
Psst, I found your fingerprints on the pastry case...:eek:

Hey, a guy gets hungry while he's waiting for the beans to ripen. Only fair he has a little something to tide him over. :D

ABSTRUSE said:
The coffee will be flowing like crazy, seems like we have a rush of inspiration here, I'm adding some computers for those who want to hang out, but need to write.

Still waiting to hear some folks jabber on about Art....must I depend on Perdita for everything?:rolleyes:

OK, I'll take on this.

WJM Turner. My all time favourite. The first print I ever bought as a teenager was 'The Fighting Temerare'. From there, I moved on to his other works. The collection at the Tate Gallery in London is something to behold. Mysterious, dramatic, sensual blends and tones of colour and shade. I can sit and look at them for hours.

Completely opposite, the rough, garish, abrupt, rugged lines and colour of Van Gogh really appeal to me. His sketches of working peasants have an incredible feel of reality to them. One of my favourite pictures for copying, to practice my own skills was his self-portrait.

And for modernist, for me its Paul Klee. I don't understand any of his work, but I don't have to. I have a real thing about the harmony of lines and colour. His was the first modern work that really attracted me. I would be happy to have his pictures on my wall, alongside the first impressionist of them all, dear old Turner.

There, Abs, sweetness *fluttering my eyelashes*. Does that get me drink on the house?

Mat
:D

My editor is neglecting me so I'm on my own to review my second contest entry. I'll smoke and be aloof, please. Strong tea and salty pretzels will do it.

Here's some art talk I wrote in my Vienna trip journal:

The Kunsthistorisches museum—several hours including a coffee-break in its cafe. (One can’t smoke in museums, not even in Europe. There’s the proper attitude toward secondhand smoke!)

Crespi’s ”Aeneas with the Sybil and Charon”, c. 1700, splendidly expansive light and shadow among the three figures. The Sibyl—infinite variety in her gaze. My friend had found her unforgettably alluring and mysterious. Charon appeared welcoming to me, prideless, but I saw my own anxieties in Aeneas.

Apart from the Sybil’s, among hundreds of great paintings only a few faces were particularly interesting to me—da Sesto’s Salome, Rembrandt’s grosse self-portrait, and Rubens’ naked, deliciously pastel-fleshed wife in furs. Salome’s lewdness and cruelty were seamless in their expression.

My brother noted that both the Crespi and da Sesto came from the collection of the great conqueror of the Turks, Prince Eugène of Saxony. I looked forward to visiting his summer residence, the Belvedere Palace, among several he had built in Vienna. At the very least I would have welcomed meeting the man who might have kept that Sybil and that Salome in his bedroom.

Eroticism centuries old—a wealth of new fantasies to be spun.

matriarch said:
OK, I'll take on this.

WJM Turner. My all time favourite. The first print I ever bought as a teenager was 'The Fighting Temerare'. From there, I moved on to his other works. The collection at the Tate Gallery in London is something to behold. Mysterious, dramatic, sensual blends and tones of colour and shade. I can sit and look at them for hours.

Completely opposite, the rough, garish, abrupt, rugged lines and colour of Van Gogh really appeal to me. His sketches of working peasants have an incredible feel of reality to them. One of my favourite pictures for copying, to practice my own skills was his self-portrait.

And for modernist, for me its Paul Klee. I don't understand any of his work, but I don't have to. I have a real thing about the harmony of lines and colour. His was the first modern work that really attracted me. I would be happy to have his pictures on my wall, alongside the first impressionist of them all, dear old Turner.

There, Abs, sweetness *fluttering my eyelashes*. Does that get me drink on the house?

Mat
:D

Most definitly.

I too like Turner. I also prefer Manet over Monet, and Van Gogh I learned to appreciate through a friend.
Klee is good too, and you don't have to understand it too love it.

I did develope a better appreciation of Picasso when I looked back to his beginings, love the Blue period.

I still relish the works of many of the Illustrators, Pyle, Wyeth, Rackham, and of course Parrish.

Waterhouse is one of the biggies for me and If I ever get out your way, I must go and worship at the Tate Museum.

*positioning myself in a corner, sketch pad and pencils in hand, catching the energy, vitality (in some cases, the snoring), of the gathered literati.

A side view here, the back of a head here, a hand, a glimpse of a svelt leg, a delicious ass, a pair of lips to die for, eyes that absorb, the angle of a back, a shoulder, a neck split in two with a sharp shadow along its length.

And mingling in the centre, a majestic princess with hair drifting around her, caressing her back and shoulders, and her constant companion, an immaculately groomed goose, feathers in pristine condition, gleaming beak, piercing eyes.

The laughter, the sadness, the raw lust of others, all stored on the pages of my pad for posterity.

And blackmail.*

;)

Last edited:
I'm inclined to agree with you Matriach, though my personal preference is for his watercolours.

One of my favourite contemporary painters is Paula Rego. She has a unique style, paints all her women as strong, almost masculine figures, though her brush envelopes their femininity. Her series of paintings on Nursery Rythm themes portrays the terrible truth in the words of these songs we sing to children, she unmasks the verse and paints the words. Her paintings 'Ostriches' based upon Disney's "Fantasia" illustrate her style better than my words can describe. I've pasted a link below.

http://www.thinkquest.org/library/site_sum.html?tname=17016&url=17016/

Last edited:
Neon, thanks for the link, I was unfamiliar with her works, so far, I like what I see, I'll have to go more indepth later.

Mats, you've given a vision of what I would love my cafe' to be, bless you woman.

ABSTRUSE said:
Neon, thanks for the link, I was unfamiliar with her works, so far, I like what I see, I'll have to go more indepth later.

Mats, you've given a vision of what I would love my cafe' to be, bless you woman.

My pleasure.
Can I be 'artist in residence', and plaster the walls with sketches of the clientele ? In exchange for freebies?

I can't think of a better way to keep myself in brandy and snacks.

And I get to ogle all the luscious women without getting my face slapped for my audacity. Artists are allowed to look. :p

Mat

Feeling neglected here, Abby. And I'm out of pretzels (see above).

Perdita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back