What was the last thing you cooked?

When you say Plum you mean the sauce right?

-The last time I made ribs I used the stone BBQ, in the backyard. I threw whiskey in their.

Yes, plum sauce (home-made from last year), honey and plum juice.

Wow resting in your fridge must have realy brought out the flavour. Did you season the ribs a day or two prior?

Slow-baked ribs is a 3 day process.
My plum sauce is made hot, and the jars get sealed, so in the pantry is fine until they're opened.

Today, I am preparing a harissa paste to marinade a lamb shoulder for tomorrow.

But tonight is leftovers - because very soon I have to go dispatch a lamb. He's been attacked by crows and has a massive infection where they ate his left eye out. And I never feel like cooking when I have to do something like that.
The boys are out in the paddock trying to catch him now.

Slow-baked ribs is a 3 day process.
My plum sauce is made hot, and the jars get sealed, so in the pantry is fine until they're opened.

Today, I am preparing a harissa paste to marinade a lamb shoulder for tomorrow.

But tonight is leftovers - because very soon I have to go dispatch a lamb. He's been attacked by crows and has a massive infection where they ate his left eye out. And I never feel like cooking when I have to do something like that.
The boys are out in the paddock trying to catch him now.

I wish I lived in the country. I love the freshness of it all!

I wish I lived in the country. I love the freshness of it all!

There are some gruesome parts to deal with.
Poor little lamb. His face was literally rotting. I hate when they bolt and it takes a few days to catch them. He should have been dispatched a couple of days ago.

Poor little lamb. His face was literally rotting. I hate when they bolt and it takes a few days to catch them. He should have been dispatched a couple of days ago.

Words evoke strong imagery! Wow i feel sorry for the animal!

I felt that way about a hog one time. I was a kid, I cried.:(

Irish stew. Very simple -- lamb, potatoes, onions, carrots, salt, pepper and thyme.

Simple dinner tonight.

Brown rice in vegetable stock, with fresh garlic, thyme and dill and green onions and celery, the last five minutes gets several sweet fresh tomatoes thrown in to mush a bit.

Fresh corn on the cob and sliced pickling cucumbers and thin red onions in vinaigrette.

Simple dinner tonight.

Brown rice in vegetable stock, with fresh garlic, thyme and dill and green onions and celery, the last five minutes gets several sweet fresh tomatoes thrown in to mush a bit.

Fresh corn on the cob and sliced pickling cucumbers and thin red onions in vinaigrette.

I could go for that.

I'm doing harissa-rubbed lamb shoulder in the tagine, with celeriac mash and baby carrots.
And homemade banana icecream for dessert.

beef short ribs in an asian glaze.

carrot and cabbage stir-fry.

soba noodles.

turned it into a sort-of-asian pasta salad.

The last thing I cooked from scratch was a peach cobbler on Friday night.

Hubbs cooked over the weekend.

Tonight I'm making enchiladas.

Made pork and leek potstickers tonight with a dipping sauce made from rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, green onion and sesame oil.

BBQ pork ribs,
had to put the ear plugs in.

Last edited:
Back