Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

In the future, mankind over reacted to the coming global warming. They couldn't discover a means of rapidly absorbing carbon dixode or scrubbing the atmosphere. The world's elite, fearing a waterworld scenario where by all life on the land was wiped out by the melting of the polar icecaps want to extremes. Using nuclear bombs, they caused a massive geothermal event at the the Panama Isthmus. This spewed ash and would have accelerated global warming if not for the giant mountain range it caused to emerge. The mountain range blocked the prevailing trade winds and caused a reflection of the westward-flowing North Equatorial Current northward and enhanced the northward-flowing Gulf Stream.

Within five years the Earth was in the first ever mademade Ice Age. It was just long enough for the governments to prepare colonies around the world where mankind might linger on. Bunkers in the ice were more tenable then trying to deal with flotillas or underwater bases. Mankind could survive on solid land.

Only thirteen great cities remained, forming the population centers of the world in massive Arcologies. The culmination of everything mankind had learned in technology, architecture, and ecology resulted in cities the withe poulation density of New York stretching for miles both horizontally but also vertically. Each one embedded in the heart of the largest of the glaciers. Hundreds of millions of people now dwell in each of the Arcs, but billions have been lost. Some few fragments of mankind try to hazard the barren, icy wastelands, but it is the job of the Reclimation and Habituation (RH) to find and repatriate the lost peoples of the wastelands.

In the fall and chaos of mankinds transition from domaniance over all of earth to sublimation to Earth's power, the vampires saw their opportunity to ascend and harvest mankind. Vampires had been driven to the fringe of humanity in the twentieth century, subsisting amongst the far flung indigenous peoples of Alaska and Siberia. The oldest of their kind, realizing their earlier decision to remain hidden and secret had nearly been the downfall of their kind, now instead have taken over most of the Arcs. And so the Eskimos took over all the Arcs in the northern hemisphere.

Only four of the thirteen are lead by humanity, but those four are no better. The old American, Chinese, and Russian ogliarchs turned to extreme technology and advancements in artificial technology to retain control of their own sprawling economic empires. They deal in hard technology and their armies of robots and software control much of their cities.

Of the Eskimos, their rule is not benevolent, but neither is it wholely malicious. Ruled by an ancient, tribal ethos, they have stratified society into the vampires, kin, and padlakpok. The paddies as they are known form the primary feeding stock for the vampires. They feed using a method similar to draining maple syrup from a tree. The spile opens the veins in the nose and the vampires drinks. Thus the modern Eskimo kiss was born.

Fuck man. You Win. *walks away*

So there have been developments IRL.

My roommates and I have been living together close to seven years, mostly without hiccup.

But now our landlord wants to sell our apartment as a condo and a) we can't afford it and b) we don't want to be married to this place for a thirty year mortgage, even if any of us had good enough credit to get approved for one.

So this means I'm moving soon. Do I get to stay with these roommates that have been awesomely accommodating of my weirdness for almost a decade? I don't even know. The future is all a broken glass anxiety mess right now.

Anyway.

In preparing to move, I will have less time to write. And the actual act of moving means I may disappear completely for a time depending how long it takes the cable to get switched over to the hypothetical new place we haven't even found yet. So, yay.

This may be my last Saturday where I actually get to chill and write properly-- I'll have to start packing and prepping after this.

So we may enter what I believe is called a "semi-hiatus." A slowing down and occasional stopping of posts, even more so than has been already.

If at all possible, I'm not giving this up.

But I may need you to be patient with me while I undergo this cataclysm for awhile.

I love you, you lot.

I could really use something to cheer me up.

My roommates and I have been living together close to seven years, mostly without hiccup.

But now our landlord wants to sell our apartment as a condo and a) we can't afford it and b) we don't want to be married to this place for a thirty year mortgage, even if any of us had good enough credit to get approved for one.

So this means I'm moving soon. Do I get to stay with these roommates that have been awesomely accommodating of my weirdness for almost a decade? I don't even know. The future is all a broken glass anxiety mess right now.

Anyway.

In preparing to move, I will have less time to write. And the actual act of moving means I may disappear completely for a time depending how long it takes the cable to get switched over to the hypothetical new place we haven't even found yet. So, yay.

This may be my last Saturday where I actually get to chill and write properly-- I'll have to start packing and prepping after this.

So we may enter what I believe is called a "semi-hiatus." A slowing down and occasional stopping of posts, even more so than has been already.

But I may need you to be patient with me while I undergo this cataclysm for awhile.

I love you, you lot.

My dear Chas,

it has been a pleasure writing with you up to this point and I know it will be a pleasure writing with you again in the future.

I am sorry to hear that your landlord has suddenly decided to be a dick about things, but you can not control other people. (Damn where are Prof X or Jean Grey when you need them :D) I hope you and your roommates all get to move together as one unit, and if the universe has any righteousness in it, it will come to pass.

However do not worry about me or the others in this story. Speaking only for myself I am willing to wait however long it takes for you to return again. A talent like yours is hard to find, and when coupled with such a loving and warm personality, well who would not wait for such a person.

So concentrate on what you have to do, and know that at least one person will be here when you get back. :rose:

Many years ago I came across the notion that instead of one soul mate, we are given many. People who we cross paths with time after time, in life after life. They are not always lovers, often they are friends, sometimes even enemies, even family.

I know that you are one of mine, if this is true. We just mesh and sync perfectly and I cherish that. I'll be here. If you ever need me, just ask and I am an open book, on or off of Lit. Be well and trust that this too shall pass.

Anyway.

I love you, you lot.

Never heard your voice.
Never seen your face.
Never felt the touch of your hand,
or the feel of your breath.

(but)

I love you too, Chas.

I am always there if needed. You were the first person on here to really embrace my personal brand of crazy, and honestly your encouragement is the only reason a lot of my writing has seen the light of day. I am totally here to back you. Any time, any where, any way.

Take your time Chas, take all the time you need. As Nevyn said, we will be here to continue writing with you, when and where you get the time. I for one might need a PM to let me know that you are back, but I shall keep a weather eye out.

As for cheering up... A phone call would have worked, but since I don't have a number, Skype, Messanger, WhatsApp or KiK contact with you... A silly joke must suffice to tease a smile from your lips.

So I was alone for the weekend, parents and sister were out of town and I had the house to myself. Late Saturday afternoon I felt a bit lonely, so I drove to the bar for a few drinks. As I sat down, a little frog jumped on to the seat next to me.

I looked at the frog and the frog looked at me, then I asked the frog what it was doing in the bar. The frog replied that it was from out of town, it was a little frog and felt lonely. So I offered the frog a drink, since I felt lonely as well and we started chatting and having a few drinks.

I found that even though I enjoyed the time spent with the little frog, I had to go home, so I asked the frog if I could drop it off some place. The frog replied that it was out of town and a little frog with no place to stay. So, feeling sorry for the frog, I offered to take it home and let it sleep over in the guest room. The little frog cheered right up and agreed, so we both headed home.

Once we were home, I offered the little frog a night cap, we both had a drink and then I took her to the spare room, after tucking in the little frog, it asked if I could do it a favor. I said ofcourse, why wouldn't I?

So the little frog said that it is lonely and out of town and would really appreciate a kiss. Well I looked at the sad little frog and felt sorry for it, so I leaned over and gave the little frog a kiss.

POOOF!!!

The little frog turns into this blonde 16 year old with these huge boobs...

And your honor, that is my opening statement.

Dur!!

Take your time Chas, take all the time you need. As Nevyn said, we will be here to continue writing with you, when and where you get the time. I for one might need a PM to let me know that you are back, but I shall keep a weather eye out.

As for cheering up... A phone call would have worked, but since I don't have a number, Skype, Messanger, WhatsApp or KiK contact with you... A silly joke must suffice to tease a smile from your lips.

So I was alone for the weekend, parents and sister were out of town and I had the house to myself. Late Saturday afternoon I felt a bit lonely, so I drove to the bar for a few drinks. As I sat down, a little frog jumped on to the seat next to me.

I looked at the frog and the frog looked at me, then I asked the frog what it was doing in the bar. The frog replied that it was from out of town, it was a little frog and felt lonely. So I offered the frog a drink, since I felt lonely as well and we started chatting and having a few drinks.

I found that even though I enjoyed the time spent with the little frog, I had to go home, so I asked the frog if I could drop it off some place. The frog replied that it was out of town and a little frog with no place to stay. So, feeling sorry for the frog, I offered to take it home and let it sleep over in the guest room. The little frog cheered right up and agreed, so we both headed home.

Once we were home, I offered the little frog a night cap, we both had a drink and then I took her to the spare room, after tucking in the little frog, it asked if I could do it a favor. I said ofcourse, why wouldn't I?

So the little frog said that it is lonely and out of town and would really appreciate a kiss. Well I looked at the sad little frog and felt sorry for it, so I leaned over and gave the little frog a kiss.

POOOF!!!

The little frog turns into this blonde 16 year old with these huge boobs...

And your honor, that is my opening statement.

Just always lived in states where the age of consent was above 16, and Literotica requires all parties taking part in sexual activity to be 18+. So the punch line didn't do it for me. I think if you'd dropped the "16 year old" that might have helped it for me. Presumably he's being tried for sex with a minor as opposed to date rape...

I had an editor (female) review a "sleeping beauty story" of mine where I made it pretty clear there was consent (albeit magically) for someone to have sex with someone to "wake them up" and she got into the laws around consent and thought the story was a non-con.

Probably TL;DR.

Anyone interesting in continuing on while Chas is away? Or do people just want to put the whole thread on pause?

Just always lived in states where the age of consent was above 16, and Literotica requires all parties taking part in sexual activity to be 18+. So the punch line didn't do it for me. I think if you'd dropped the "16 year old" that might have helped it for me. Presumably he's being tried for sex with a minor as opposed to date rape...

I had an editor (female) review a "sleeping beauty story" of mine where I made it pretty clear there was consent (albeit magically) for someone to have sex with someone to "wake them up" and she got into the laws around consent and thought the story was a non-con.

Probably TL;DR.

Anyone interesting in continuing on while Chas is away? Or do people just want to put the whole thread on pause?

I think she has a very specific direction she wants to take it in. But I wonder if she would mind if we did superfluous stuff, like getting to know each other. Braggock could use more friends.

Downtime interactions are always encouraged!

We're not paused so much as slow-mo, but I don't want you guys to get bored.

Just try not to contradict the continuity, and check with me before you intro new characters?

I think she has a very specific direction she wants to take it in. But I wonder if she would mind if we did superfluous stuff, like getting to know each other. Braggock could use more friends.

Want to make your way to Central Park? Some shit is about to go down.

That would do it. My husband continues to be amazed at how much pop culture I missed out on during the time of our collective childhood.

Just so that those of you that know I live in Florida, am fine. Bunkered down waiting for this hurricane to hit and hoping that we don't lose power or else it will be awhile before we get it back.

Hello fellow Floridian,

I'm in Panama City and have been through a few hurricanes in my lifetime. So we've got all the necessaries and I think we'll be ok.

good luck to you both. Hope you survive it well and power stays on for you both. Know someone else that was forced by a parent to evacuate. They just hope to come back to their house the same way they left it.

Doing well here. It was hard to sleep the way the windows were rattling, however we seem to never have lost power and I so far don't notice any damage. Will wait until the winds calm down a bit more before checking outside.

It's been non-eventful over here. Cold, wind, rain. More like a November day than a hurricane or the tropical storm it is now. Sucks for South Florida and the islands though. I've seen videos of the damage and flooding and they really need help.

Back