The 2016 Literotica Award Nominations: Most Influential Poet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,676
In this category, please nominate the poet who affected you the most in 2016. Whose poems did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.? Whose body of work most had an effect on you or your writing (if you're an author) this year?

Poet must be an active Literotica member (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2016 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.
 
Best poet

You had an award winning poet right here post new work just for Literotica and you barely gave him a glance. Jay80 won the all poetry.com contest this year and numerous other sites have given him RR as well as editor's choice, but poetry must not have a real expert on your staff to let his work slide by. Today Forever Cries, Combustion and Seeds of Desire were brilliant and deserve to be recognized.
 
I nominate Yogakay for her poem Becoming a Hotwife in the category of Most Influential Poet. Her prose is true and from the soul. Writers of her caliber are a rare gemstone.
 
In this category, please nominate the poet who affected you the most in 2016. Whose poems did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.? Whose body of work most had an effect on you or your writing (if you're an author) this year?

Poet must be an active Literotica member (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2016 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.
You really need to checkout the poems of fortbruce, very lyric and clever!

Iona
 
I nominate any one of the poets who actually post in the forum, participate in discussions and voluntarily provide critiques for the sake of bettering the writing skills of others as well as themselves.

Except for me, because the only poetry I submitted during 2016 was via the forum and I'm not here as much as the others.
 
Last edited:
I've been thinking about this. If we had a choice, if it were kosher, I'd nominate the Lit Poetry Forum. The prize could be used for a contest if they won. The people who come to the forum not only post poems but also comment on them. They try to give balanced, supportive critique when they do. Here on the forum they support and encourage each other and those newer folk who have a sincere interest in poetry. They are a pretty amazing (and learned) group.

And if that's not kosher, I nominate the person who has in the words of another poet (I'm paraphrasing) "single handedly kept the forum alive this past year" and that would be UnderYourSpell."
 
Last edited:
I likewise nominate UnderYourSpell.

She has touched me way more often this year than Legs has.
 
I agree with many of the posts above me, but since we're nominating and not voting here, I'm nominating Neonurotic.

It was tough to narrow it down from the other poets I respect so much in the poetry forums, who have all influenced and affected me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top