The Revival OOC (Closed for the writers of this thread)

Hi everyone! Here is your Character bio sheet. Fill it out as detailed as you can.

Character picture- (make it a real person, no drawings if we can avoid them)
Character's full name-
Background-
Age-
Character on/offs-
Player on/offs-

Your char may have different turn ons/offs than you, but we do need to know if there is something that your char might be willing to do that you aren't and if we need to proceed with caution.

I'm going to link them all this weekend in the first post so that they are easy to find, so please have them done by then!

Thanks, darlings!
 
Character picture- Picture

Character's full name- Levi King

Background- Born in Connecticut, educated in the Ivy League, Levi King's southern roots are recent, shallow, and almost entirely fake. Finding at an early age that he had a knack for imitation and manipulation, he turned his attention to the South after college, looking on them as lesser and easily manipulated. A false story of his past was created - born in South Carolina, educated at Bob Jones University, a dyed in the wool man of God - and his traveling revival began to make it's way through the deep south. His accent, a subtle Southern tone, was as fake as his background, but one he never let drop so it would be natural to him.

A wife rounded out the image, the man of God with the devoted and loving wife, and soon the coffers were overflowing with donations to help him spread the Good News. From state to state he blazed a trail, skirting around Atlanta and Mobile and Biloxi where the liberals, minorities, and educated were more likely to have a grip on the population.

Like a parasite, he moved his big tent and his obedient wife into a new town, set up shop, drained as much as he could from the population, and left them with the spirit and their memories. Turns out neither one would pay the bills.

He is endlessly charming, able to talk little old ladies and meth-addicted junkies alike out of the money in their pockets, and often spending more time than was appropriate with the ladies of the town. He felt no remorse for his affairs, barely tried to hide them anymore, but did not expect to hear anything about them from a wife he had no hesitation to bruise and mark.


Age- 31

Character on/offs- On: Dominance, power, bending people to his will, the subjugation of others. Control. Off: Strong women, non-believers, sin.

Player on/offs- See SRP Profile
 
Character's full name - Kathleen 'Cathy' Rogers
Age - 32

Background - It should have been the perfect story. Pretty girl, fairly clever, meets handsome boy, sporty and popular.

Everyone said they'd get married one day. Everyone was right.

Everyone said they'd live happily ever after. Everyone was wrong.

For the first few years it was good, very good. They were young and in love, with their tiny little dream house on the outskirts of town, renovating it when they had the time and money. He worked at the local mine, hard work but it kept him fit, she worked in the local dress shop as a seamstress. Days were filled with laughter, nights were filled with each other.

She couldn't pinpoint when exactly things started to go wrong but then they did, they did so in epic fashion. It started with fights, and they'd never fought. About ridiculous things. Pointless things. Then she noticed he would have a few more beers than usual, then a shot of something stronger. Work was hard, he got skipped over for a promotion which meant more years of physical labour for little increase in pay.

She couldn't remember when exactly things started to go wrong but she knew the time and date when she realised things were far worse than she'd realised. The first time he hit her was their 6th wedding anniversary. She'd been upset that he'd come home late and more than a little drunk. She'd cooked, prettied herself up, she'd waited for hours. The candles had long since burnt out when he eventually came home. She asked where he'd been, she asked twice. Then he hit her. It was hard but quick and he apologised straight away.

The second time he hit her there was no apology.

The third time, he didn't stop with hitting.

Two years later she knew she had to get out. The drinking she could cope with, these days he was working so hard he usually just slept when he came home. But his temper was worse than ever and it was getting harder to hide the marks at work. No one knew. His mother suspected but did nothing to help.

The only small mercy that existed was that they had yet to have children but she knew her mother-in-law was trying everything she could to change that. She could sense Cathy was going to run. A child would tie her down, keep her here, stop the truth emerging. Perhaps it was stress, she said, perhaps it was a lack of faith.

Cathy didn't care what small miracle had prevented her from getting pregnant but she knew she had to get out before her luck ran out. Before the day came when his temper outlasted his exhaustion.

She was just waiting for her chance to slip away...

Character on/offs - Given her background, a little kindness will go a long way with her. She's forgotten, to a large extent, what she actually enjoys having had little say in their sex life, which took a turn for the rough when things started to disintegrate.

Player on/offs - See profile.
 
Character Name: Andrea "Andi" King

Age: 27

Background: Andi was among the first to fall hardest for Levi's lies. The persona he created, the way he carried himself, the person he told her he was. He seemed the ideal man for a girl who needed "reform", according to her father. " A man to put the fear of God in her veins."

Levi was her salvation from a life of sin, a destructive path. Days spent drinking and cavorting, as Big Daddy put it- her attempts to go out with others during college always made the large man leery, until the day she brought Levi home. He'd charmed her; the way he spoke, kindly condemning her for her overly rambunctious ways as they spoke at the library. How a good woman should know her place and earn the love of a man with her dedication. Always a Bible in hand, a smile that could win over a blind man.

He sounded just like Big Daddy. And wasn't that what every little girl wanted?

A short courtship and a quick marriage. 5 years of it so far.

She's come to notice things don't seem right with her husband. The way he acts sometimes, the way he seems to just... change demeanors. He's a completely different person sometimes... The biggest change seeming to come in the bedroom. It all depends on the way the day has gone. Simply burning the meatloaf, or asking too far into his day- Things could go completely the opposite of what she expected.

A good wife never questions. A good wife never wonders.
A preacher's wife can't be a bad wife. It must be the Devil invading her thoughts... Trying to lead her to sin once more with the doubt she held. But a good husband was always in Levi- He would help to relieve her sin, her questioning. He would drive the devil from her mind with both word and hand.

Such a good man to fear for his wife's soul.


Character On/Offs: To actually have someone listen to her is an amazing thing for Andrea. The ways of her youth are still in there, buried away- a timid curiosity on other women, a love of alcohol, a need for interaction. Humor and a gentle hand easily sway her, as well as a full bottle of wine.


Personal On/Offs:
(Yeeeah, let's just do the no's, it's shorter.) No Scat, blood play, watersports, things that would get us kicked off Lit. I'm open to just about anything else, but if you really question if it'll go over with me, just PM me. (I'll call you a kinky fuck and totally agree to it.)
 
Last edited:
Alistair Hutchens
Age- 22
Background- Alistair or Ali, is the mayor's star assistant, she's quick and intelligent and able to meet her bosses needs without much thought or obvious work. She's also quick to inform her boss of any misdeed's or goings on in the office or city hall. People are aware of this, but somehow seem to forget it whenever she's around, Ali is quick to gain people's trust. Despite her penchant for dressing like a man, which signaled her as an outsider for as long as she can remember. But in her mind, men have power, Ali wants power, and besides, she thinks it's sexy to wear a suit, and it's not like she's built like some of those busty, curvy girls, she isn't.

She fucking hates Hope Springs.

The town is killing her. Conservative, christian, god-fearing, wearing your american flag on your head and run around the yard naked cause that makes a good american, killing her. She hates it here and dreams of leaving. Only she can't, because her father will give her a tidy sum of money upon his untimely and much awaited death. Much awaited because she's been waiting since she was 18. She loves the man, she just wants to leave more.

She's relatively sure that he might outlive her.
In the meantime, she's noticed that other girls are spending their time at night with the mayor and that was her position. So maybe it's time to teach the mayor a lesson.

And then the revival comes to town and after a little research, she knows that this man, might be the right man to exact her vengeance for her.

Character on/offs-Ali will play with gender, in big and small ways. It's my hope to skew the sexuality of the preacher man and the mayor with her. Cause I can, and neither of you can stop me. Also, she's going to have a few delusions of grandeur, they might be her weak spot.

Player on/offs- The usual, but holler if you want to try something new. Chances are I'll make it kinkier. :D

Oh! I also named this little shit hole of a town. Hope Springs cause it will be fucking cute for the townspeople to be "Hope Springs eternal!" Twee right?
 
Last edited:
So are we gonna, y'know, write something?

Guessing we're just waiting on FD's sheet...?

Wait, you mean this wasn't the thread?! I thought were done!

Apparently, Hope Springs is not the name of the town (I haz been out voted by ze boss).

So we need town and thread names. Feel free to be epic... actually please be epic.

Also we need a loose script of events, that way we know our entry and exit schedules. This means that yes, actual events will be mostly planned out, while we have much leeway in the telling of those events.

Plot so far.
  1. Assistant gets mad at mayor
  2. Revival hits town
  3. Assistant spills beans
  4. Beans make big mess.
  5. Why the fuck did I use beans as an analogy?!

We kind of need to lay out who is where and how this starts.

So! Thoughts?
(Yesh. I'm being bossy. There ain't nothing new about that, especially if you're in Massacre.)
 
So we need town and thread names. Feel free to be epic... actually please be epic.

For a town name, how about Etham? From the good old Bible. Was the edge of the wilderness/civilisations in Exodus.

grins
 
Fuck you, Scuttles! I like Hope Springs!
Hmph.



All I can suggest is one of those "____town" names.
 
What, did you not read my character? It ends with 'all this is a lie'

I did. And figured you were up to your usual shenanigans.
Listen, it's just a basic general outline so that we know who posts when.. not what might actually happen within that posting.

It might start off with me and you, and then over to Bubbles and Fauxy and then Brit and FD. Basically an early outline of who is posting when, so that it's not a free for all.

Don't panic.
 
Apparently, Hope Springs is not the name of the town (I haz been out voted by ze boss).

So we need town and thread names. Feel free to be epic... actually please be epic.

Also we need a loose script of events, that way we know our entry and exit schedules. This means that yes, actual events will be mostly planned out, while we have much leeway in the telling of those events.

Plot so far.
  1. Assistant gets mad at mayor
  2. Revival hits town
  3. Assistant spills beans
  4. Beans make big mess.
  5. Why the fuck did I use beans as an analogy?!

We kind of need to lay out who is where and how this starts.

So! Thoughts?
(Yesh. I'm being bossy. There ain't nothing new about that, especially if you're in Massacre.)
So here's what I'm thinking:

To start off, I'd like to get everyone introduced and established. Rather than just a series of random introduction posts for people that are not in the same area, I'd like to have a couple of small establishing scenes. So:

1. Vail and Vivi take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other and the town itself.

2. Foxy and I take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other, and get them into the town itself.

3. FD and Brit take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other, and their individual situations as well.

After which we can move on to Vail and preacherman having their first interaction, and then the first night of the revival to establish people going to it and such.

So basically, like we said initially, doing this TV show-style, with a bunch of "scenes."


Does that work for everyone? Additions? Subtractions? Multiplications?
 
So here's what I'm thinking:

To start off, I'd like to get everyone introduced and established. Rather than just a series of random introduction posts for people that are not in the same area, I'd like to have a couple of small establishing scenes. So:

1. Vail and Vivi take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other and the town itself.

2. Foxy and I take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other, and get them into the town itself.

3. FD and Brit take a couple of posts to establish their relationship to each other, and their individual situations as well.

After which we can move on to Vail and preacherman having their first interaction, and then the first night of the revival to establish people going to it and such.

So basically, like we said initially, doing this TV show-style, with a bunch of "scenes."


Does that work for everyone? Additions? Subtractions? Multiplications?



I WANT A PONY!!!!!


Yes, that sounds fine.
I'll keep an eye out for when its our turn.

If I take too long...
...
I dunno, you'll think of something.
Most likely yet another nickname.
 
Vivi? You wanna go first? Or I can. since there's a goal here, do you think we need to chat?

giggles

Part of me wants to chat. Part of me wants to cut you loose to see what sort of third hell you create in Bubble's world. :D

cuts

Create hell, love.

If Bubbles had been smart he would have opened the thread himself. Too bad. Now he's living in mine and Vail's head.


Suckers.
giggles
 
I have now received some conflicting instructions?

If it's Bubbles telling you what to do, go with his version.

I believe since this is his idea, and his thread, he'll start it, much in the same way that he did with The Garden and then leave it to the players.

And I'm pretty sure that I might make him post the intro today.
Hopefully.

Then Vail can start.
 
Back
Top