Tigrans' Revenge IC

Skadu

Skadu was not having a good day. First he had been knocked down at the edge of the city by the earthquake and forced to turn back to his hut with all the meat he had planned to sell.
Second, after making it back he had decided to go out on another hunt to at least make up for today's loss. He needed some new feathers for some arrows he was making anyhow and the Preenjaw bird had the best feathers to use as flights, as well as long tail feathers the artisans loved to have for decorations, strong small bones that could be turned into needles and the meat was very tender too.

Skadu set off for the grove of wild Guava trees near the old cities training grounds. There was a large flock of Preenjaw's that gathered there every night at this time of year to eat the ripening fruit. He would kill three or four, just enough to let him gather plenty of flight feathers for his arrows.

He got to the clearing several hours early and selected his tree. Climbing into it's crown he set up a small net trap around a large cluster of the fruit. Once several birds were in it all he had to do was jerk on the rope and the bag like net would seal shut on both ends, then it was a matter of killing the birds quickly before they damaged their feathers. Skadu moved higher into the crown, concealing himself in the shadows of a small yet sturdy branch cluster and settled in to wait.

He woke from his cat nap fully awake and alert. Judging by the position of the sun he still had an hour to go to sunset so why had his body awakened him. Without moving his body he scanned his surroundings. His eyes could detect nothing wrong, everything looked normal. Trees swaying in the wind, grass rippling below, dust being blown around out in the clearing. His nose brought the usual scents in. Fresh vegetation, rotting wood the smell of the fruit all around him. His ears swiveled as they picked up the sounds of a healthy forest. The calls of far of beast's, the wind blowing through the tree tops, and the sound of the small stream on the other side of the clearing. Skadu was puzzled for about ten seconds before it hit him. Where was everything? He had been here several hours now so the wildlife couldn't be reacting to him, so why was everything hiding.

Ten minutes later he got his answer as the first of the Tigrans began to file into the clearing below. They looked like they had been in a fight with many sporting injuries, some serious but all exhausted. They spread out and quickly secured the area, doing a reasonable job of it as well. After another twenty minutes a larger force arrived with a lot of civilians mixed in with it. This one set about making a camp, digging up old supplies from hidden Cache's and using the tents they contained to protect the civilians they had with them.

Skadu stayed hidden and watched as over the next few hours stragglers continued to stroll in. Sometimes alone but most times leading groups of civilians. Finally after another hour a large force arrived with lots of civilians and to his surprise the queen as well. Well this promised to be interesting at least. Perhaps he would stay hidden for now and find out what was going on at least.
 
Last edited:
Jola

Nagas were powerful swimmers and with her snake body swishing back and forth … Jola was able to make it to shore without her diplomatic papers getting wet. She slithered up the river banks near Plaza Camponi. She made her way towards the plaza. This was where the invading Garliks and Shadow Demons had set up a command post for this quarter of the city. Jola was being extra slow in her movements to make sure they knew she was not a threat.

Two of the bug like Shadow Demons saw her and grabbed spears and headed toward her.

“CLICK CLICK” they communicated between themselves and then one of them said to Jola “HALT”

Jola stopped and held out her diplomatic papers. “I’m an ambassador from The Nest.”

The two bugs looked at each other “CLICK CLICK CLICK” they said to each other.

“What do you want?” one of them asked Jola.

“First … I claim diplomatic immunity. This is not my war … we are friends to both nations Garlik and Tigran” Jola stated. “Secondly I wish to serve as an ambassador to the garlik kingdom and the demonlords in this city. If that is not possible … I wish to be allowed to leave as I have no interest in this conflict.” Jola offered.

There was some more clicking and then the leader bug said “We cannot answer your questions … we need to take you to our leader. Please follow me” The talking shadow demon said.

Jola slithered behind the leader bug and the other one was behind her. They headed off towards the imperial garrison. Jola had a chance to see the damage from the earthquake and then saw the dead bodies of shadow demons and tigran’s near the entrance of the garrison. She noticed the smoke continued to rise from the courtyard of the structure. A major battle had been fought inside and partially outside of the structure. Entering the garrison, on the first floor was the looks of a temporary command office.

As Jola entered the office the 10 Garliks inside pulled out their weapons. Jola held up her hands “Not a threat … no weapons … see” Jola said trying to defuse the situation. As she was doing this … the inside office door opened and the shadow lord commander walked out.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/274/9/4/Anima__ShadowLord_by_Wen_M.jpg

It was hard to describe what the creature looked like. It was large … roughly humanoid in shape. There were dancing shadow like figures behind it. But those figures did not seem real … almost like they were spirits. It wore a metal helm with cross opening to look through. There were several crescent moons on its clothing to include a large one of its helm.

The bugs explained to the commander what had been said. Jola felt she needed to say a bit more.

“My Lord … I’m a harmless ambassador from The Nest … I wish to continue to serve as such … only now I shall work with your people … if that is not needed … I wish to leave the city as I have no interest in this conflict.” Jola offered.

The shadow demon commander simply said “Take her to the dungeon … and lock her up!”

“WHAT … YOU CAN”T DO THAT … I’M A DIPLOMAT!!” Jola yelled. As her arms were grabbed and she was taken to the garrison prison cell area.
 
Last edited:
Scar, Isis and the girls

As everything shook furniture, bookshelves, wall hangings, paintings and assorted items fall over or fell. ''A damnable earthquake can't even hava meh breakfast in peace! Scar grumbles in a deep rumbling gravelly tone of voice, the girls squeal in fright and cling to him and Isis timidly. ''Shh don't get your tails in a knot.'' The brothels Madame quiets hes girls with soothing words and hugs, Scar does his best to in his own gruff way.

The lower floor of the struck withstood the earthquake, but the upper floor hand collapsed, the outter facade of the structure crumpled. After the dust settled Isis looked and Scar as he looked back to her, she moves to him to whisper in his ear. ''I sense that wasn't a normal earthquake.'' He nods agreeing to what she had whispered into his right ear. ''Aye Lass, twas not I hav'ta say.'' Standing a few pieces of fruit fell from his lap, right then the announcement to surrender weapons and stay inside came.

''Bugger that ye damnable Demon lords and foul Bugs!'' Motioning for Isis to sneak a peek at all those outside, to keep his presence secret as he crept into his room. Dons his black iron Dwarven mail shirt, gray with red embroidered tunic. Pulling his armored leggings on that left his claws free, forearm guards with hooked blades at the hand covering. Takes a massive Claymore belting it on securely, slinging a loaded musket over his shoulder. Grabbing the heavy brown long coat off the bed, black powder, musket balls and wadding. Isis out of sight signs the enemies numbers to Scar as he had now crept back beside her.

Cupping his muzzle as he whispers into Isis's ear. ''I know ye hava secret passageway outteh here, I don't want to try killin that many. Aye I could doo et but tha wee lassies willl git hurt, and we dunna want tha Lass. Holding a clawed finger to the end of his muzzle, the girls kept silent as Isis told them to gather supplies. She takes Tigran light armor out of hiding with a grim smile, drops her white silks standing nude and dons it quickly. Belting her Tigran single edge blade and dagger around her hips, lifting her long Lancer spear. ''I'm Ready?''

Scar's jaw hung slack seeing Isis undressing, her armor well worn and that of a Captain. She shut the large Wolfs mouth gently, grinning sheepishly after she'd done in for him. Isis heads downstairs into the old basement, moving a lever disguised as a bottle of wine a panel slides open. She and her girls slip into the passageway, Pulling the lever again Scar squeezed into it as well. The panel closes behind them as Isis lit a torch, Scar took one from the wall sconce lit it against her torch. ''Aye a smart Lass ye be.'' He kept his rumbling voice to a low whisper, she nods and replies with an equally low whisper. ''Indeed.''

A well armed and armored Lioness leading, eight of her girls armed with staffs and daggers. A equally well armed and armored Wolf brings up the rear, the little band moved into the fresh water viaduct in silence. It would be several hours till they reached the end, having to go cautiously underground as the earthquake had cracked the tunnel. Not knowing who or what they might meet at the far end of it, remain wary ready and able to do battle if and when necessary. ''Aye bein smart is always a bonus I'd havta say Lass.''
 
Last edited:
Felina

The earthquake had only damaged a few of her pots. This was good news as many artists were on the ground crying about how much they had lost. It was not soon after that there was the sound of an army approaching. Felina assumed it was troops from the imperial garrison coming to help the people of the city. Strangely she could also hear some screams of terror, from the same direction of the approaching troops which seemed odd. Something was not right ... so she and Fopelo turned towards the approaching noise.

Around the corner came hundreds of shadow demons and garliks. It was an invasion! A loud voice echoed through the city streets “All Tigran and non-tigrans … the demonlords have control of this city. You will not be allowed to leave the city. The demonlords have a short term need for this city’s resources. When that need is satisfied … we will leave and you can go back to your normal lives. Please return to your homes and additional instructions will be provided.”

“what is going on?” Felina asked her friend.

“I don’t know … where is the army?” Fopelo asked.

The troops entered potter’s square pushing over carts and smashing pots. Fopelo was getting really pissed off.

“WHAT ARE THOSE TAILESS SHITS DOING … THOSE POTS COST MONEY!!” She yell running towards the demon army.

“NOOO FO … STOP!!” Felina yelled running after her.

Fopelo ran up the front of the army troops waving her arms “HEY ... STOP THAT … THERE IS NO NEED TO DESTORY THIS POTTERY!!” She yelled at them. The demonlord army column stopped. There was some “clicking” noise among the troops and a soldier in the front row thrust a spear right into Fopelo's chest.

She made a weak gasp of shock … and fell over. The soldier pulled the spear out and the column began to move again. The troops marching over the dead tigran … stomping on her body.

Felina could not believe it; tears were running down her face. “Fo … you idiot … why did you do that … Fo …. Fo …” She was balling her eyes out. Another artist grabbed her and pulled her out of the way of the approaching army.

“These demon are serious … we need to do as they say … everyone go back to your homes … do as the demons have ordered!” The artist told her and everyone around her. The tigrans headed for their homes. As the demon troops marched on. Felina could hear the pottery being smashed. She stood there … not moving. The tigran who had grabbed her said “I’m sorry for your lost … but we need to leave … we need to do as they have asked.”

Felina turned to him … looking directly into his eyes and she spoke to him with a conviction and determined she did not know she had.

“No” She said to him “Tigran do not surrender and do not give up. We need to fight these monsters. Fo was right. Fo was brave … I can see that now. I should have been there with her.”

“Then you would have been dead too!” the Tigran said.

“There are worse thing than being dead. Like not staying true to the principals of honor and courage … remember those principals! My father, Col Zodith had been a great fighter in the orc wars … if he was alive … he would be fighting these invaders. He would never give up.”

Tigran shock his head and said “You cannot fight an army that big … I shall leave you to your principals.” He turned around and walked back towards his home. Felina turned around. Her mind full of different emotions, she did not know what to do next. The bulk of the shadow demons army had left the square. 10 of them remained. Then she saw Fopelo’s body on the ground. It was smashed to pieces and covered in blood. She ran towards it … kneeling beside her dead friend.

“Oh Fo … I will miss you!!” She cried. “I will not leave you in the street … like some dead dog. You deserve better.” She grabbed the body and pulled it up onto her back in a fireman’s carry. She heard some clicking noises as the remaining shadow demons where headed towards her. She did not care. She would give Fo a proper funeral if it was the last thing she did. Then suddenly an idea popped into her head. An evil smile broke across her face.

Let them follow her … “Oh buggies …. Follow me … I’m breaking the rules … not going to my home … follow me …” she yelled at them. The demons moved to intercept her. But she was fast. She was head right for one the Kiln. She ducked inside and place Fo body on the clay firing rack

“Goodbye my friend … your death will be avenged!” Felina said and she hopped up to one of the cooling vents. As the demons entered the Kiln, she jumped out of the vent. Once on the ground, she pushed the Kiln door closed with a bang and locked it. She grabbed the vent hand and turned it. This locked all the vents around the Kiln. There was no way out of the Kiln for the shadow demons.

“Oops … I forgot you demons were in there!” She said in a totally innocent voice as she opened the fire ports. There was banging and clicking noises against the exit door. But there was no way anyone could get through that door once it was closed and locked. The temperature would quickly rise to several hundred degrees.

“I HOPE YOU ALL ROAST IN HELL!!” She screamed with some clay she wrote "FO - R" on the Kiln door and ran from the Kiln and back to her home.
 
Aziza and Sanura

After about 15 minutes of silent riding Sanura, who had been wondering who this Tigran girl was and how she knew her name, decided it was time to get some answers, she began with,

"I want to thank you for getting me out of the monastary, but if you don't mind I need some answers now."

Aziza glanced back over her shoulder giving Sanura a smile,

"Yes...I was wondering when you would start asking questions. I will gladly answer any or all of them...do you want to stop and rest while we talk? Or we can carry on towards the city, its your choice Sanura."

Sanura thought for a few seconds before giving her answer,

"I think I would prefer to stop and talk...give our horse a break as well as a chance to nibble on some grass."

Aziza nodded her head turning the horse towards a small area of lush grass. She stopped him and said,

"Can you slid off his back or do you want me to get off first?"

Sanura's answer was to move her leg over and slid smoothly down side of the horse, Aziza soon followed suit. Letting the horse graze on the lush green grass the two girls went over to a tree that had some soft moss at the base and made themselves comfortable before talking. Sanura patiently waited as she had been taught at the monastery. Aziza looked into her half-sister's amber eyes and smiled,

"Where to begin? Your family...well Sanura, I am Aziza you half-sister by our father. Our father is of the Lionardo Felinus family, I am sure you have heard of them. A very old and rich family from the Isle of Ventulli. I myself just found out about you, and that is why I came for you. I want to take you back to meet our father."

Sanura watched Aziza carefully as she spoke, the way she spoke, she felt there was something that Aziza had left out. When her sister hesitated Sanura smiled,

"I sense there is a but coming, I am happy to have a sister, but I know what I am...and I can now see why I have been living at St. Vito all my life." She smile slightly before continuing, "I am half human and that has to be a huge embarrassment to a rich and famous family. I wonder if my father really wants to meet me or are you the only one that did?"

Aziza smiled nodding her head gently, thinking her sister may have grown up in a monastery, but she wasn't naive.

"Yes Sanura, I am afraid I am the only one that wanted to meet you. But I still think if we go to our father's house and he sees you, he will have a change of heart. And if not, we both will go and see what comes our way. Are you agreeable to that?"

"Yes Aziza I am agreeable to your plan." Glancing over at their horse she added, "I think we have all had a good break...lets continue on shall we?"

Once on the horse again, they made good progress, but as they got closer to the city, they could see smoke above the city. Finally they came upon what looked like a hastily set up camp. They dismounted and walked into the camp, shocked at what they saw and heard. There were all kinds of folk...some slightly hurt, others badly hurt. They came to know that the city had been taken over by Garlik and Shadow Demon warriors.

Both girls wanted to go to the city to find their father, but were told, they would never find him now, if he was alive, he would be in hiding. It would be best if they stayed in the camp until they knew more. They were given some food and found a place to sleep, both wondering what was to become of the great Tigran people.
 
Last edited:
Mirri at Campgrounds

Mirri arrived at the campgrounds during the dead of night. She had been able to link up with enough warriors to form another claw, and they had rescued numerous civilians along the way. Some of them were going to be able to boost their ranks once they started training.The others would be able to help out in other ways, like preparing food and cleaning. As of now everyone would have to pull their weight. Mirri was impressed that she was challenged twice before she made the camp. It was good to see that someone had landed on their feet here.

She walked in to find a well organized tent camp. Straight lines of tents in the clearing, with every 5th one having a campfire. A large command tent was set up in the middle. Most of the tents were taken up by civilians with the soldiers bunking down in bedrolls around the perimeter. One large tent towards the center seemed to be a medical tent by the amount of walking wounded surrounding it.

"All claws Halt," she ordered. "All claws except command are to disperse around the perimeter with the other troops. Fill in any gaps as you can. Cold tea tonight, hopefully better tomorrow. Go." The troops quickly dispersed into the night. "Civilians I am afraid I have to leave you to your own devices. Try to find room where you can for tonight. Any needing urgent medical attention, and I stress urgent should proceed to the large tent to the left. Command group follow me."

Mirri led her claw, the queen and Lord Haki towards the command tent. It was time to see who was in charge of this camp.
 
Traveling two hours the small band reach the end of the tunnel, the gate was undamaged and locked. An overgrowth of brush hidden it from outside detection, the Demon Lords and Garliks hadn't needed it. Scar squeezes past the girls with a low grumble ''Scuse meh lassies.'' Stepping up beside Isis very quietly. ''Once we git this open I be goin out first, if thar be noo damnable Bugs I'll fetch yoo.'' Isis just smirks at Scar raising a brow ''The big bad worgen thinks a wee pussycat can't handle Bugs?'' as she had already picked the lock. ''Now I did'na goo an say tha Lass, just tha yoo can keep tha lass's calm.'' With that said Scar drew his Claymore and dagger, slowly pushing open the gate with a slight squeak.

Slipping out the gate and through the brush, his muzzle lifting up into to breeze. No scent of bug or any other enemy, Scar scouts their surroundings to be certain all's clear. It was so her trots back to the open gate, poking his head inside accidentally meeting Isis nose to nose. Both pull back very quick and slightly embarrassed, the girls are all leaning sideways to see giggling softly. Isis turns slowly and gives the girls a stern look. ''And what's so funny may I ask?'' Grinning at her speaking in unison. ''Ohh not a thing Mistress.'' Scar didn't was anything to do with that situation. ''Can we goo noow, or we stayin fer girl talk?'' Pulling his head very quickly out of the tunnel, before she can turn to claw great his muzzle.

Sheathing his large dagger as Isis and the girls exit. ''I'll take lead if we run into Tigran's, we wouldn't want you mistaken for a bug now would we? Scar just grumbles as he takes up the rearward position. ''Aye, like tha gooin ah happen?!'' Hitching up his pack with his coat and supplies inside it. Isis takes the lead of the band once again, spear at the ready she's warily watching. The girls have attached daggers to the staffs, their ears perked and eyes alert for danger. Out of their silks in tan leather midriff's and skirts, they moved like well trained Lancers out on patrol. Scar respected females that could fight well, feeling rather proud of Isis and the girls she'd trained. ''Like Tigran Lancers lassies I be proud ah yoo!''

Isis looks over her shoulder at Scar and her girls, with a proud smile she places a finger to her muzzle. ''Shhh, lets be silent bugs could find us still.'' With a big sharp toothy grin and wink he follows silently. If he spotted a rabbit or small forest deer, a fast throw of a dagger would bring down a good supper. Keeping his head on a swivel senses keenly alert, he hadn't lived this long as a warrior being careless. After an hour or two of walking in humid heat, it was time for water and rest, as they find a cool creek.

Settling down against a great forest oak, pulling out a wine skin and took a long drink. Opening a pouch of spicy Wildebeests jerky, feeling feline eyes on them from the up in treetops. Selecting a small pebble picking it up, to throw at Isis just to get her attention. Tossing it gently on it's arching trajectory, accidentally made it fall into Isis cleavage. Scar held a clawed hand to his gray muzzle, pointing to his eyes with two fingers then upward. Biting into a piece of spicy jerky offers her some, as she walks over to join him eyeing the trees. Lowering her body down to lean against his side, whispers into his ear she's sensed it too.
 
Last edited:
Gilly

As Gilly exits the building she had found to sleep in, the ground starts to shake, the building crumbles to the ground. There wasn't much to the building left before it crumbled, but now Gilly is wondering what caused the rumble. She hears screaming over in the buiding across the street and hesitantly heads over to see what is happening. As Gilly peeking in an opening of the building, she sees a little girl about 5 years old holding a ragged old doll and crying over a pile of rubble. Gilly looks around and sees that no one else is in that part of the building so she heads over to the little girl. "What is the matter? Why are you crying?", Gilly asks. The little girl tells her that her daddy is under that rubble and she can't lift any of the rocks. Gilly looks at the rubble, not sure if the man will be dead or alive, but knowing she can't let this little girl stand here and not know if her daddy is alive or dead, she starts to move the rubble. After moving about a dozen pieces, Gilly sees a hand and reaches out to touch it, the fingers move and Gilly jumps. She continues to move the rubble carefully so it will not dislodge anything and have more rubble fall. She does this quickly knowing that the man under here needs to get some air as soon as possible. After about 45 minutes of moving rubble, Gilly has uncovered the man's torso and head. He is breathing and seems to be okay for the most part, minus a few cuts and bruises. Gilly finishes uncovering him and makes sure he is okay to walk. He looks at her and thanks her, shocked that someone would stop to help another in this area of town. Gilly turns to the little girl and says, "You and your daddy should be okay now so no more crying, alright?" The little girls wipes her tear stained face with the back of her hand and smears the dirt on her face, but gives Gilly a weak smile. "Thank you for saving my daddy," the little girl says to Gilly and then gives her a quick hug before hugging her daddy. Gilly is shocked but at soon as the little girl lets go Gilly quickly leaves. She doesn't want these people asking questions or wanting to be her friend, Gilly has no time for friends.
Gilly hears more sounds of commotion coming from the merchant area. She quietly heads over that way, keeping to the shadows so no one sees her. That is easy for Gilly to do with her size and the black cloak she wears. As she enters the merchant area she sees what has caused the shaking of the ground, shadow demons and garlicks! She gets there just in time to see them thrust a spear into a Tigran's chest and watch her fall to the ground dead. Gilly then sees two more Tigran, the one pulled the other out of the way before she got run over. There were some words exchanged, but the first one seems to be too upset to really hear what the other one is saying to her, she just keeps looking at the dead body. When the shadow demons and garlicks pass the first Tigran runs over and picks up the body of her friend, she looks over her shoulder to see some of the demons and garlick heading towards her. Gilly watches to see what is going to happen, the Tigran seems to be challenging them to follow her. Gilly sees her take her friend into the kiln and then the demons and garlick follow a few minutes later. To Gilly's surprise the Tigran comes out of the building but the demons and garlick do not, Gilly also notices the smell starting to rise, the smell of burning flesh. Gilly realizes that somehow that Tigran was burning them alive! Gilly smiles. She realizes this is a woman she will want to keep an eye on, she is strong and defient, just like Gilly.
 
Jola

Jola was still fuming over her treatment. These demons had no respect for civilized conduct between nations. She was now a prisoner. Again she looked around her prison cell for the twentieth time. The prison cell was built in a rectangle: There was a narrow bench running along one wall and a bunk bed along the opposite wall. A small bucket was under the bench to be used as a toilet. Under the bunk bed was a small feeding bowl, and water bowl. The door was made of iron with a small window with two bars. The floor, walls, and ceiling were made of large stones. There were other cells in this prison complex and one other prisoner. Jola had not spoken to anyone as of yet. The complex was located under the imperial garrison castle so she had no idea what time it was.

Patrolling the hallway of the prison cells was one shadow demon. Its eyes glowing white in the dim light of the single torch hanging from the wall. Jola was watching it through the bars of her small window. The demon in turn watched her.

“When do we get fed around here?” Jola finally asked after being in the cell for hours. Naga are patient ... just like snakes waiting for the right moment to strike.

The demon stopped and looked at her. Its mouth moved producing those odd “clicking” noises. Then it spoke in common to her.

“You will be fed tomorrow.” It said.

“How about some water to drink?” Jola asked

The demon thought for a second then answered. “That can be arranged.”

Another cell down a tigran male asked “I want some water too …”

The demon walked to the outer door and knocked three times. It opened and the demon went through the door and the door was closed.

“Hey … snake woman … what are you doing in here?” The tigran asked.

“I’m a Naga … not a snakewoman ... and my name is Jola … I was the ambassador to the tigran kingdom. These shadow demons do need an ambassadors … so they threw me in here. What about you?” She asked.

There was silence from the tigran cell for a moment and then the tigran answered “Name is Throgram, I’m a Captain in the Tigran Imperial Garrison. Got knocked out and woke up in here.”

“Glad to meet you Throgram … are you injured?” Jola asked.

“Bump on my head … that is all” He answered.

“Good” Jola answered then in a low whisper “I’m going to try to get out of here … so be ready when the water comes back” Jola whispered to him.

The outer door opened and the bug came back in carrying two small buckets of water. It walked over to the Tigran cell first. “Stand away from the door” it ordered. There was some movement and the door opened. The small water bucket placed inside and the door was closed. The demon turned to walk to Jola cell when the Tigran spoke.

“Hey … I have information for you … that snake woman … her name is Jola … she is an ambassador … and she is going to try something when you give her water. I thought I’d warn you” Throgram warned the shadow demon.

There was clicking and the outer door opened and three more shadow demons came in all holding spears. They all surrounded Jola’s cell door.

“You had better not try anything … or we will kill you. Understand. Now stand away from the door” The demon told Jola.

“I have no intention of trying anything … my fellow prisoner is mistaken.” Jola answered in her best diplomatic voice. She was already away from the door. The lock on the door was opened and the water bucket was placed inside. The door was closed and locked. The extra guards went back to the outer area, that door closed and the patrolling guard returned to its routine. Jola took a drink of water. She was still fuming over her treatment by the demonlords and now she was pissed off at her fellow prisoner!
 
Felina

Felina had hide in her house for most of the day. The smell of roasted bug … brought joy to her heart. But also sorrow as it reminded her of what had happened to Fo. At first she had cried. It seemed like a waste of time … but it was helpful. Her grieving process was accelerated. After an hour she wiped her eyes and her mind was more clear. She started to make plans. “Food and water first” she thought to herself. She gathered water and food in her home and stored it in secret hiding spots in the ceiling and inside one of her large decorative pots. She climb out of her window and hide more food and water in the alleyway behind some loose sandstone. Next she needed weapons. She went into her small kitchen and got her largest cooking knife. The edge was already sharp … but she sharpened it more. She placed that on her belt. Then she grabbed one of her small peeling knifes and slipped that in her boot. “Back up … just in case!” She whispered to herself.

As the sun was setting … She heard another announcement to bring out all weapons and place them in the carts in the square. She smiled and whispered to herself “I'll give you my weapons when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!!" She peeked out into the square and saw more of the bugs. There must have been at least 20 now. 4 teams of 4 formed up and started to go house to house looking for weapons. 4 remained back at the carts. There was Tigrans walking to the carts turning over their weapons.

“Fools!’ she said. She grabbed one of her heaviest clay pots, filled it with stones and placed it above her door. She tied a rope to it. She wrote "FO-R" on the back of the door. Then she put grease on the floor so it was super slick. Grabbed the rope and got ready. Soon there was a knock at the door. “Open up!” the voice commanded.

Felina said nothing and just waited. The demons rammed the door once … then twice and the door broke open. As they stepped in … Felina pulled the rope and the massive pot broke over the first one’s head cracking open its exoskeleton. But she had pulled the rope too soon and the other three remained unharmed. Felina took off running to her escape window in her bedroom. There were loud clicking noises from one of the bugs … as they raced after her. She heard them sliding around on the slick floor. She pulled out her knife and wait behind her bedroom door. “Ambush time!” She thought … the bugs were in such a hurry to catch her … having lost time on the slick floor they enter the bedroom with little caution. The kitchen knife sliced into the first one as she used all her anger and muscles to plunge the knife into it. The knife cut a huge hole in it.

The shadow demons had hard exoskeletons but if you could get through that … a big enough hole would kill them. Felina yanked the knife back out and sprinted to her exit window leaping out of it like a cat, landing in the alleyway below. But this was where her luck ended. The two remain bugs followed her closely … and blocked the only exit to the alleyway. She was trapped.

“You will die now!” One of the bugs said … its spear leveled at Felina
 
Sir Deson Hild

The good thing about armor was that it protected you, the bad thing is that no matter how fit you are, you will not run far with a full suit like Deson wore. He was still in sight of the walls when a smattering of Garliks caught up with him. He turned and faced them, as a larger group approached, he fled once more. This time when they caught up with him, he was winded and the group was larger. Deson fought for his life, it seemed that the Garliks and Shadow Demons was bent on making sure nobody escaped. Of course the fact that Deson had slain many of their number also had something to do with it.

Deson was driven first to his knee, then onto his back, he was pinned down by Shadow Demons, their commander stepped forward spear raised high and aimed at Deson's exposed face. The attack came without warning, from the trees burst four Tigrans. The group of remaining Garliks and Shadow Demons was so focused on Deson that six of their numbers had gone down before they realized their peril. Deson managed to free his sword arm and lunged up to impale the commander, who emitted a loud scream and fell backwards. The skirmish was over quickly, Deson sagged back to the ground, exhausted from his run and fighting. When he looked up, it was into four very unfriendly Tigran faces,

"How did you find us?"

Deson shook his head, still gasping for breath,

"Not find you...was running...blind."

The four conferred with eachother,

"Why did they chase you?"

By now he had caught more of his breath,

"I am a knight of the Church, sent by the Padre to see King Goldenmane, I have letters to present to him only."

He took a breath,

"And the Church stands against demon-kind, they live for death and chaos."

He eyed their wicked weapons,

"What happened?"

Again they conferred and the speaker told him the whole story as they knew it, Deson shook his head, the Word was right...as always.

"The King remained behind though, you will not be able to deliver the letters now."

Deson sighed and started ro heave himself to a more upright position,

"Then there remains one thing left for me to do. I am here, I am able, if you'll have me I will fight with you."

They looked at each other,

"We can not decide that. Max will escort you to the main camp...if you surrender your weapons as sign of good faith."

Deson loathed the idea, but he had to do so if he was to be of any help, so he surrendered all his weapons, even the hidden blades he carried in his boots. Then he was led to the main camp and the command tent.
 
Gilly

Gilly watched the Tigran go into her house and snuck up close. As she peered in a window she saw her crying, Gilly knew what it was like to lose someone close to you, so she knew that the crying would go on for a little bit. Gilly's stomach growled to remind her she hadn't had anything to eat today, so she went off in search of some food.

Usually she can sneak into some of the artisans houses while they are out selling their wares and get enough food for her without it being noticable. Today that wasn't going to happen, those bugs had told everyone to go back to their houses and now Gilly had to figure a different way to get some food. As she scanned around she saw some of the artisans had dropped the bags they took with them for the day while they sold their art. Gilly knew these bags usually had food for them to snack on throughout the day. She saw some of them close to the edge of some buildings so she snuck around, staying to the shadows, and grabbed a couple of them. She found some meat sticks and meat cakes, she also found one with some milk. She sat in the shadows and quickly ate a meat cake and drank the milk while it was still cold. She put the meat sticks and the other meat cake in a small pouch she had tied at her waist. She saw the bugs approaching just as she finished eating, there were twenty of them! She knew she had to move before they spotted her. She decided to go back past the Tigran's house on her way back to the Bankers District.

As she was approaching the Tigran's home she heard some commotion from inside so went around the side of the house. The windows were too high for her to see into them, but she could hear some more commotion and then heard someone out back. As she looked around the back of the house she saw the Tigran facing her, but there were two bugs with their backs to her and one had a spear pointed at the Tigran. She knew she had to help her so she quickly ran up behind the bug with the spear, and did a leap onto it's back and stabbed it in the front of it's neck with her dagger that she pulled out of her belt as she was running. She didn't know how she knew that the front part of the neck was vulnerable, but she did. As the other bug turned to help it's partner, she flipped off the first one and pushed it forward into its partner. As the second bug stumbled to push the first one away she noticed the Tigran came up behind it and slammed her knife into it. Gilly could hear the bones crack as the force of the blow plowed right through them and left a gapping hole in the second bug. It collapsed dead on top of the first one.

Gilly stood there a second, amazed that the Tigran moved so quickly. She thought she would have been afraid of the bugs like some of the others appeared to be. "Come on, let's get out of here quickly!", she said, but the Tigran was stooped over the bodies and appeared to be writing something. When she rose, Gilly saw the letters "FO-R" written on their bodies with their own fluid. "Okay, ready now?? Follow me, I know how to get out of here, but stay quiet and in the shadows! If they spot us I am not saving you again!"
 
King Goldenmane

The sky was black as pitch, black as death, as the shadow demon commander walked alone across the square in front of the citadelle. It was headed for the prison cells under the citadelle. Its metal booted feet clanked on the ground. It looked up toward where the stars should be, but saw only the sight of the glowing red smears of the fires above the imperial garrison castle that were reflected by the wafting smoke and dust. It made it's way across the field of carnage, at the main gate, the dead shadow demons spread across the ground.

It moved into the citadelle and then down under the structure into a room adjacent to the prison cells. There was King Goldenmane … both his arms and legs were broken.

“Why King Goldenmane … you still have not decided to help your own people! Why are you making this so hard?” The shadow demon commander asked.

King Goldenmane weakly answered “I follow the code …” blood dripping from his mouth.

“Oh yes … the code of conduct … the one written for the orc wars. I know it well.” The shadow demon commander stated. He continued “Let’s see … there are 4 parts … part 1 you are to never surrender as long as you can resist. Part 2 if you are captured, you will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. You will not accept special favors from the enemy. Part 3 you will keep faith with your fellow prisoners. Part 4 when questioned, you will evade answering further questions to the utmost of your ability. Do I have them right?” The evil shadow commander asked.

King Goldenmane did not answer. One of the bugs torturing him SLAMMED a stick against his broken arm. The King roared in pain.

“No matter” the shadow commander stated “I know I have them correct. The most interesting part of this code to me is the special role of senior commander. That wuld be you! The senior commander of the prisoners must not to help the enemy in anyway … however, if the choice was between the death of prisoners or assisting the enemy … you have some flexibility. For example … if I offered you food or water … in exchange for your name and rank … that would be ok according to the code.”

“What do you want?” King Goldenmane groaned

“I’m glad you asked. I need the citizens of Ardalis to start working in the iron mines. This whole invasion is not about capturing land … we need the iron for our war with the humans. If the tigrans mine the ore and make weapons for us, as soon as the war is over, we will leave.” The shadow commander explained.

“If you asked your citizens to mine the ore … it would greatly help the effort. If you do not ask them to help … I shall be forced to start killing them. So this is very similar to the water and food example. If you do not agree to support … death will come to many of the people of Ardalis.”

“FUCK OFF” The king growled … this was quickly followed by the beating of his broken arms and legs and more howls of pain.

“I have one more piece of information that might help you decide … the shadow demon commander reached into a small bag at his waist and grabbed something. He tossed it in front of King Goldenmane’s nose. It was the tip of a female lion’s tail. King Goldenmane could smell the tail and it smelled exactly like his wife, Shella.

“NOOO …” the King gasped

“Yes … we caught her on the way to the jungle. I will be cutting off another section of her tail each day until you agree. Then I will remove her paws … and arms and legs … finally her head. ” The commander said. “Do I have a different answer about your help?” It asked.

“FUCK OFF … she and I are already dead … this tactic only points out how evil you are …” The king stated.

The Shadow demon nodded “That is a foolish answer ... we have kept you both alive for a reason. There are no plans to kill you or her. I think you need to think about this some more." The demon commander turned to the other shadow demons "Heal his wounds … and put him back in his cell … I think he needs to think about his options.” The bugs around the lionman pulled out healing scrolls and repaired the king’s bones … and then dragged him back into his cell.
 
Gilly and Felina

Gilly and Felina made good progress carefully working themselves around the square trying not to get spotted. They were a strange pair, Gilly, a short Halfling and Felina, the big breasted striking white tiger Tigran. They needed a place to hide out until the darkness gave them a better chance of getting away.

As they rounded the northern part of the square … they came upon a small café called The King’s Cup. Felina pointed at it … and they snuck up to the decorative bushes near the café back door. They looked to see if anyone was around. There was no one in the place.

Felina said quietly, "looks like we found a place to hide!"

The two women left the bushes and slipped into the back door of the cafe. The door was open and once inside they found no one in the place. Felina slumped against the wall, sitting down. “Wow … that was close … thanks for saving my ass. The damn bugs almost got me. My name is Felina … I’m a potter … or maybe I should said I was a potter … What is your name? … and what are you doing in this section of town? I thought most of the foreigners stayed in the banker’s quarter?”
 
Shella

Her cobalt blue eyes stared at the camp around her. She walked with Mirri and Lord Haki but she stopped along the way to console and comfort tigran civilians. Those still awake seemed heartened by her presence. She was a most beautiful tigran … with a prefect face and golden colored fur. This color matched her hair color except for the tips of her round ears which had some black fur. Her face was alight with compassion and a certain hardness … knowing what difficulties were ahead for the people in the jungle.

"The Queen Lives” Someone whispered and soon the group was joined by more people. “What will happen to us?” Someone asked … another person said “Does Ardalis still stand? Where is the king? Has our country been conquered?”

Shella replied quietly "Everyone please rest … I will tell you what I know in the morning."

They crossed over near the medical tent. Shella smiled at Mirri “I need to see the wounded … I will join you later in the command tent” she instructed Mirri. The expression on the queen’s face indicated this was not up for debate. As the queen went into the tent, Mirri and Lord Haki followed her in. She moved to each wounded person as a jewel around her neck glowed … providing additional healing to the wounded as she visited each of them.

Her body moves were graceful and queenly … but Mirri could tell Shella was also a fighter … and pressed the queen was probably a very good fighter. Her gown was modest and covers her hips … but Mirri could see the hints or weapons beneath the outfit. As she completed her visit of the last wounded person … there was the noise of an armored knight entering the camp. Lord Haki looked over to Mirri.

“I don’t think that sounds like Tigran armor. Sounds human. Shall we investigate?” The lord asked. Mirri nodded and both left the queen to meet with the human knight.
 
Mirri and Lord Haki

Mirri walked towards the command tent followed by Lord Hakki. From the other direction a small band of Tigrans was leading in a large human warrior dressed entirely in armor. It was not the light leather armor the Tigrans preferred but the bulky heavy iron type the restricted movement but provided more protection. Mirri increased her pace and arrived at the same time as the group. The leader entered the tent and she waited close by to see who would emerge.

A minute later Commander Hatur emerged. He was in charge of one of her claws and a superb tactician. If he had been in charge of this she could understand why it had been set up so quickly and run with such efficiency. She was also very glad to see him alive. Hatur approached the Knight and held out his paw. "Greetings Sir Knight. I am sorry you have come all this way to find us in this state of affairs. I have been told you had wished to see the king to deliver some documents to him. I am sorry to say the Citadelle has fallen and I have no news as to the fate of those within. as far as I know I and my men are the last vestiges of the Tigran army. We will fight the invaders and throw them out of our city. They will know what it is to attack a Tigran in it's own home," he said with pride.

Mirri smiled at that and walked forward. "That's what I like to hear in my Commanders Hatur."
Haturs face was a mixture of surprise and relief. "Talon Leader Mirri, you are alive. The last I heard you were trapped in the Citadelle. It is a pleasure to see you. I turn the camp over to you General," he saluted.
Mirri saluted him back,"We will talk shortly Commander. Sir Knight we offer you our Hospitality such as it is. Now what can we do for you?"
 
Deson

He was astounded by how many Tigrans have survived, but judging from the size of the city this was just a hand-full. He shook the proferred hand and watched in silence the exchange of leadership, he raised his fist and touched his chest with the palm,

"Commander, I do not wish to be helped, I merely wish to be of help. As you are certainly aware, I am a knight of the Church..."

Well if the sigils and signs on his armor did not make that clear they certainly knew now,

"I have been dispatched here with a warning, it seems that I have been a few minutes if not hours late. From what I have seen your city have been invaded by demons and their minions. As a knight I am honor-bound to fight with you, as a human I shun the creatures who does the bidding of demons, as an emissarry of the Church it is my duty to stand against the darkness. Already I have slayed Garliks and Shadow Demons, but I have been doing this long enough to know that a lot of things must be done before your city can be reclaimed and in this time of need I offer my services to the Tigran people."

He gave a slight bow of his head,

"And on a more personal side, I have the use of healing magic. I would appreciate if that is kept between us though."
 
Gilly and Felina

"My name is Gilly, Gilly Burrows. You know, even under the blanket of darkness you will stick out. We need to find something to darken you up a bit. My hair I can hide under my cloak, but you, well, you have a lot more hair to hide! Now, lets look around and see if they left anything to eat behind or anything we may be able to use and is easy to carry."
They searched around and found some food and some things to start a fire and use as water carriers. They filled the jugs up now just in case they had to make a sudden escape. Gilly was glad that Felina didn't seem to notice that she didn't answer her question about why she was in the merchant area. She figured Felina would be angry if she knew that she took some food from them in order to survive. She never took more than what she needed and she could survive on just a small amount so it was never really noticed when she did take food. Oh well, her thief skills will probably come in quite handy before they are safe and out of the city.
"I wonder why the bugs are here and what they want. We need to get out of the city and quickly if we are going to survive!"
 
Felina and Gilly

Felina enjoyed the food. She also took Gilly suggestion to heart. She looked around the cafe ... and found the dark ash in the fire place.

“This will do!” She whispered. “I need to get naked … is that ok?” She asked Gilly. Gilly nodded and Felina started to remove her clothing. First came off her cloak and then her corset. Her big breasts bounced heavily against her chest. Gilly had to make a comment “I’ll bet the tomcats … like those!”
Felina smiled back at her “You know sometimes … being good looking drives men away … they assume you already have a boyfriend … or are “untouchable”” Felina explained. She pulled off her red shorts and her thigh high boots. Naked she smeared the dark ash all over her body. The white tigran turned into a gray one.

“I will become the gray ghost of death to … those clicking bugs!” She told Gilly as she got redressed.

"Why are the bugs here and what they want?” Gilly asked again.

“I have no clue … we, tigran, have done nothing to provoke them” Felina stated.

“We need to get out of the city and quickly if we are going to survive!" Gilly said again.

Felina shook her head “I’m planning on staying right here. I’m going to kill as many of them as possible.” She stated ferociously. There was silent between the two … Felina found some table cloths for sheets ... and then asked “I could use some help … killing them … I know you are not a tigran … but will you help me ... will you stay in the city?” She asked.
 
Last edited:
Gilly and Felina

Gilly looks at Felina in shock! If she stays here she will be dead within a day, she is a potter not a fighter. Gilly was not a Tigran, this was not her fight, but this is the first place she felt comfortable at since her parents were murdered! If it wasn’t for her mother pushing her into a bush and telling her to stay there until it is safe, she would probably be dead also. She missed her parents so much; she was just learning how to be stealthy. What her parents did teach her was a sense of honor. You didn’t take more than you needed to survive and you helped others who were weaker if you could. Gilly looked at Felina, she wasn’t weaker, but she was unskilled. Sure, she had raw instinct, but that would not help her to survive against those bugs. Gilly smiled as she realized that Felina didn’t even look for a weak spot on the bugs, she just pounded right through their hard exoskeleton, which was not easy to do! Brute strength she definitely had in abundance, at least when she was pissed off or hurting. Now, could she use that strength while she was calm and thinking about her moves? If Gilly could teach her a few moves she may be able to survive against the bugs; well as long as she wasn’t outnumbered! Gilly sighed.

“I will stay, but only to teach you some survival skills to go along with your strength. Even though I enjoy this city, well enjoyed it before the bugs arrived anyway, I just want to live my life and not bother anyone. I will look around some more in the back, you watch out and let me know if anyone, bugs or otherwise, shows up.”

Gilly started towards the back of the café. Something just didn’t feel right about this place. Gilly moved quietly and carefully, her hair was pulled back and tied with a leather strap, she thought maybe she would put some of those ashes on it like Felina did to her fur. Gilly froze; she felt a slight brush of air coming from the back wall next to the shelf that had all the pots and pans on it. Gilly approached it cautiously and put her hand out, moving it up and down the wall. There was a concealed door! Now, why would a café need a concealed door? Gilly listened for any voices or movement on the other side of the door but heard nothing. She looked at the floor and saw that the door did not open inward as there were no markings on the floor, so she pushed against it gently. The door slowly opened, when it was opened just wide enough for Gilly to slip through she stopped pushing and listened again. Still no sound so she slid through the door. What she saw was amazing! It looked like a full armory, not like on you would find in a castle, but…”oh damn, what have I done!” Gilly thought! This is a thief armory and by the looks of it there were lots of them that used it! Gilly went to sneak back into the café but froze and hid when she heard a noise across the room!
 
Skadu

Skadu had learned a lot in his time of concealment, not least of which was that these Tigrans although not unskilled were remarkably naive to the ways of the forest. He had watched their so called scouts come and go and was amazed at their noise. He could track them by the way the jungle grew silent at their passing. He was so precise that he had taken to looking at the edge of the clearing as they would emerge.

He was impressed though by whoever was in charge. They had set up an excellent camp and protected it well. When the new troops arrived in the night he was also impressed by their leaders orders. Not only did they not wake up the camp but they quietly reinforced what was already in place and filled in any gaps that were left in the system.

Skadu debated about showing himself. He came to the conclusion it was still to soon. To many people down there thought they were in charge. He would wait until a clear leader was chosen. Sneaking off was child's play. Gathering his things he began his trek back to his hut.
 
Felina and Gilly

Felina had crawled under a table in the café when she heard the noise. She looked back at Gilly … pointed to the front door of the café and mouthed “bugs”. Outside three shadow demons where nailing something on to the café door. After they finished … they moved on.

Felina and Gilly did not move … and stayed still for 10 minutes. Then slowly carefully they got out of their hiding spots. Walking over to one of the windows Felina saw the bugs had moved on and where nailing a piece of paper to other structures.

The shadow demons were far enough away and it was very dark now. So she opened the front door a crack and pulled the piece of paper off the door. Then she read it

My fellow citizens of Ardalis,

It saddens me to inform you that we are under the temporary rule of the demonlords. They have assured me that this situation will not last a long time. They are in need of iron ore to make weapon for the war. They are fighting with the human kingdom of Palamar. This is a war the human’s started in an attempt to gain more land. I believe the demon’s in this ... as human’s have attacked the centaur lands and are always expanding into other race’s lands.

So in a way … it is honorable that we help the demon repel these human invaders. To assist the demonlords … I asked that all able body Tigrans report to the nearest square tomorrow morning. These tigrans will be assisting in mining for the iron ore … and making weapons in the great pottery kilns in potter’s square. The sooner the weapons are made the sooner the demons will leave the city.

I have negotiated with the demons and … to demonstrate their kindness they are only interested in those tigrans which can be spared. If you have young ones at home … or are recovering from the earthquake … or are critical to food production … you may stay at home and continue as before … or care for those that need you. Everyone else should report to the closest squares.

I leave you with one final thought. I know this is a bitter pill to swallow … but although we have temporary lost our freedom … we are still alive. As long as we continue to help the demons to defeat the evil humans … life in Ardalis will only be changing a little bit.

Your King
Leo Goldenmane


Felina handed the note to Gilly "I use to like our King ... now i think he is a traitor!"
 
Last edited:
Skadu

Skadu had been making his way back through the forest when he came to a patch of forest that felt wrong. Taking to the trees he moved forward quietly and eventually spotted several of the Tigrans scouts. They were watching a small group of female Tigrans and a Wolven warrior. Skadu laughed to himself. He could tell the Wolven warrior and the female cuddled against him had already sensed their presence and were discussing what to do about it. He studied the layout and quickly spotted the four Tigran squad. Their choices of hiding spots gave them away far too easily. One seemed competent but had no patience and moved far too much giving himself away. The others had not covered themselves nearly enough, they were still thinking in terms of city concealment.

Skadu decided to have some fun and teach these interlopers a lesson. He quickly took down all four scouts without a sound and then snuck up behind the two warriors that were talking. He listened to them plot a way of escaping the watchers and was genuinely impressed by their ideas. He walked out of the shadows and stood beside the tree in the open. He wondered how long it would take someone to notice him as they were all concentrated on the tree tops. If it took too long he would have to cough.
 
Jola

Jola had slept through most of the night …. at least she thought she had. Being underground she had no idea what time it was. But for some reason she thought it must be morning. She felt her head where she had gotten the bump during the earthquake. It felt like it was healing, there was no wet blood anymore. She got off the cot and drank some more water.

During her ambassador training they had taught her a few things about being a prisoner. First she needed to eat and drink as much as she could. The bugs were going to starve her … make her as weak as possible … so escape would be almost impossible. So she needed to eat anything she could find. She had not seen any rats or cockroaches in her cell. But hopefully they would find a way in … and she could catch them. She smiled … just one day ago, that thought would never have crossed her mind.

That brought her to the second point of surviving imprisonment … try to escape as soon as possible. She had an idea how to get out of her cell and past the first guard … after that … she was not sure if her plan would work. But she needed to try and soon. Hopefully, the warning her fellow inmate gave them would be forgotten. Third point … she needed to keep her mind and body in good shape. Exercising in the cell was a good idea as long as they fed her enough food. The mental part was more difficult. She would have liked to talk to her fellow prisoner … but after last night … that was out of the question. So she needed to come up with something to do to keep her mind sharp.

She heard the outer door open, followed by the sound of bugs entering. She moved into position, encase they opened her cell door. But they did not. They opened the cell next to her. There was “clicking” noises and then in the common language some bug ordered.

“Get in there”

Jola slithered to the small barred window and peeked out. There was a big Tigran being shoved roughly into the cell next to hers. The strong tigerman had almond-shaped, blue eyes, fine tiger colored fur. He had big broad-shouldered and a muscle build. A large tattoo was on his left upper arm. His ears were alert as the bugs slammed the cell door closed. Then they all left, except the patrolling guard.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/230/7/4/Com__Tiger_Man_by_Wes_Talbott.png

The tigran yelled back at them “Damn water bugs ... lockin' me up in t' brig" He had a definite sailor’s accent. There was a heavy sigh and the sound of him sitting on the cot. Jola thought she should say something to him. But the cell further down spoke up first.

“Welcome to prison ... sailor … Name is Throgram, I’m a Captain in the Tigran Imperial Garrison ... maybe I should say ...was a captain … who are you?” Throgram asked.

Jola jumped in right away “Be careful answering him … he ratted me out last night to the bugs”

“Hey … she is a snake woman … who are you going to thrust … me or her?” Throgram said confidently.

“I’m a Naga … not a snake woman … and my name is Jola … I was the ambassador to the tigran kingdom. And at least I don’t rat people out!” She corrected Throgram.

The patrolling shadow demon slammed his pike against Jola’s door “Quiet in there …” it snarled.

“Why don’t you come in here … and make me quiet … bug!” Jola fired back.

There was laughter from the tigran next to her.

"Shiver me timbers, ye bilge rats! I thought this was goin' t' be a borin' stay" Tigran said. The shadow demon banged on his door too. “Ye be a scallywag and a foul bilge rat! …ye BUG” He yelled back. The demon banged on the door some more.

“Me name is … Cap’n Bones Finnegan … But everyone calls me Cap’n Bones” The tigran answered.

“Hey … shut up down there … they are going punished us all!” Throgram yelled.

The shadow demon echoed his fears “No food … for anyone if you don’t stop talking.”

Everyone was quiet for a while. Jola slithered over to the adjacent wall to Cap’n Bones cell. When the patrolling guard walk to the furthest cell away from her, She tapped once and then once again and whispered “a” … The bug came back … she wait for the bug to move away again … and then tapped twice and then once … and whispered “b” Then she tapped 5 times and 5 more times and whispered “z”

She hoped her neighbor had figured out the code … it was the alphabet in a 5 by 5 matrix (dropping the letter Q … so it fit). The first taps set which column she was in and the second taps which row. This way she could tap quietly to Cap’n Bones. The bugs would have no idea they were communicating.

She tapped 3 times … and then twice (h) … followed by 4 taps and 2 taps (i). Cap’n Bones answered right away with a 3-2, 4-2 (hi) back. Jola took a deep breath. She needed to know if she could trust him… so she tapped to him that she was planning to escape next time they opened her door … when there was only one bug present.
 
Aziza and Sanura

While the two girls ate the small bowls of food they were given, Aziza noticed a rather large group of Tigrans moving towards what she took for as the main command tent. She motioned Sanura to quickly finish her food,

"Let's go over and see if we can find out any information, maybe our family has escaped after all."

Sanura nodded her head, swallowing the last bite,

"OK, I'm ready." She put her dish down as she stood up, watching Aziza take her last bite of food. She waited as her sister took both bowls and set them aside,

"We should hang on to the bowls, I doubt there will be extras of anything in camp."

The girls slowly made their way towards the tent, Aziza's eyes grew large as she recognized Queen Shella. She pulled Sanura closer to her,

"The Queen is here, I am so glad she is safe, I can only hope our King is safe somewhere as well. Our family have close ties with the royal family ...have had for generations. Stay close to me, I must see if we can get a chance to talk to the queen."

As they got closer, Aziza saw her father's old friend Lord Haki, she hoped he might have some word of what had become of her family. As they drew nearer, Lord Haki and another tigran, Aziza didn't recognize moved away on some errand, but she was able to catch his eye and nod to him before he turned away.

Moving up to Queen Shella, Aziza knelt down bowing her head in respect, pulling Sanura down with her. When Shella saw that it was Aziza in front of her she smiled and said,

"Is it little Aziza? Please stand up, I haven't seen you in a very long time, I used to enjoy when your father would bring you to the palace for visits while he had his meetings with my husband."

Both girls stood up, Aziza introduced Sanura hoping the Queen wouldn't snub her, since she was obviously different. But her fears were put aside as the gracious lady smiled. She next asked about her family.

"I am happy to meet you Sanura, as for your father and the Felinus family, I have not heard any word. Since you two seem to be on your own, you must stay close to me. We will see about getting you some weapons to defend yourself with. Come with me now."

Both girls were relieved to have the protection of the Queen and each secretly thought if they had the chance they would lay their lives down for her. They followed her into the main tent.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top