Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on F1 triumph. Not a fan of F1 but recognise achievement completed at hairy speed with danger to life and limb

Dear Glynnda-the-Good-Witch,
Don't you dare sneeze in this direction.
PLEASE ?
HP

Too late. I now have conjunctivitis. I wanted to finish one of my Winter Holiday stories today. I don't think I'm going to. I can barely see the screen.

Oddities of Family History

My wife is researching her family history.

Sometimes she gets clues to people on her direct line of descent by looking at siblings. One such sibling was a brother who, on the 1861 census, was a seaman on HMS Queen. HMS Queen was built as a 110 gun wooden battleship. HMS Queen was involved in the bombardment of Sebastopol during the Crimean War.

By 1861 she had been converted to a steam driven, screw-powered ship with fewer and more powerful guns. She was part of the Mediterranean Fleet. At the time of the 1861 census HMS Queen was at Beirut.

But HMS Queen's mascot, present and saved when the ship caught fire three times during the bombardment of Sebastopol, died in 2004. Yes. 2004.

Timothy the Tortoise, HMS Queen's mascot, was 160 years old when SHE died in 2004. Sailors obviously weren't expert Tortoise sexers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_(tortoise)

1024px-TimothythetortoisePowderhamCastle.jpg

Last edited:
My wife is researching her family history.

Sometimes she gets clues to people on her direct line of descent by looking at siblings. One such sibling was a brother who, on the 1861 census, was a seaman on HMS Queen. HMS Queen was built as a 110 gun wooden battleship. HMS Queen was involved in the bombardment of Sebastopol during the Crimean War.

By 1861 she had been converted to a steam driven, screw-powered ship with fewer and more powerful guns. She was part of the Mediterranean Fleet. At the time of the 1861 census HMS Queen was at Beirut.

But HMS Queen's mascot, present and saved when the ship caught fire three times during the bombardment of Sebastopol, died in 2004. Yes. 2004.

Timothy the Tortoise, HMS Queen's mascot, was 160 years old when SHE died in 2004. Sailors obviously weren't expert Tortoise sexers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_(tortoise)

1024px-TimothythetortoisePowderhamCastle.jpg

See, move slow live long. I was once told in old Yugoslavia "When the snail overtakes, you have the right pace."
He was a waiter...and lived by that maxim!!

I am now at the point in my illness where I can really, really tell the difference between the cheap tissues and the good ones. It's not quite time to move to the deluxe ones, but I fear that time is coming very soon.

I am now at the point in my illness where I can really, really tell the difference between the cheap tissues and the good ones. It's not quite time to move to the deluxe ones, but I fear that time is coming very soon.

Ah Andrex or stores own, eh ?
:rose:

How in the world does one create a Bandcamp account? It tells me to buy something and then I'll be invited, but I can't get to the one thing I want to buy! And when I'm on that page, if I click on the link to buy, I end up back at a track listing. This is messed up.

How in the world does one create a Bandcamp account? It tells me to buy something and then I'll be invited, but I can't get to the one thing I want to buy! And when I'm on that page, if I click on the link to buy, I end up back at a track listing. This is messed up.

I'm trying to buy a special jacket for my son. It won't tell me the price until I enter all my information, including my credit card number. Then they'll send me an email with the price and shipping costs.

I think I'll look someplace else.

I'm trying to buy a special jacket for my son. It won't tell me the price until I enter all my information, including my credit card number. Then they'll send me an email with the price and shipping costs.

I think I'll look someplace else.

Oh nice. :p

Well I figured Bandcamp out. What I wanted to buy isn't available yet, so I couldn't get to a "buy" link which then gives you an invitation to join.

But at least they didn't ask for my info to hold onto. Wow, I'd shop somewhere else, too, and if I could, I'd tell them why.

I vote for the removal of the Warning Labels off products.
We can then let nature take its course. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back