A question

A

AsylumSeeker

Guest
Hi, all.

I have a question or two. I have tried to search the web and haven't found an answer.

I am both a writer and editor and so any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

What is the chain of rank? I might be innocent in some ways but in the military there was a chain. Is a Mistress one level above a submissive and a Master above them all? Or is that decided locally? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this concept but having a hard time doing so.

Thanks in advance. I find myself intrigued and might want to write more in this cat if I can understand it.

Here's my first: http://www.literotica.com/s/gideons-gate

Thanks for reading this (if you do) and for any assistance you can provide.
 
Kink communities are highly heterogeneous, and by in large people are not uptight about other people completely sharing their terminology as long as they behave respectfully. Even within one region, there are people with completely different views on "rank" in D/s relationships.

In my experience, most people involved in D/s only use Dominant and submissive as 'universal' terms, although they may themselves use a plethora of terms to describe subtly different power exchange dynamics. People who practice what is called "high protocol" D/s are much more likely to operate on a strict system of ranks, but I have personally never seen a uniform system or ranks used by more than one organization/club/family.

If you are just asking whether a person who Doms one person may in turn be another Dom's sub, the answer is "yes". Some people call such individuals "switches", because they switch roles (and because puns).
 
Mistress and Master only denote gender. Guys often try to tell Mistresses they need a Master, and then get their nuts handed back to them for their trouble. :rolleyes:

The hiearchy more or less;
Submissive under, Dominant over.

Submissive can be called Sub, boy, girl, slave, toy, pet... anything that denotes a lesser status.

Dominants can be called Dom, Domme, Master, Mistress, Owner, Lord, Lady, Leige, Baron... Anything that denotes a higher status.

All of this is relational, and some people might submit to one person but dominate another-- those relationships are often described as Alpha/beta as in "alpha slave" "beta Dom/me" and then of course some people never ever change roles.

also, read the essay in my sig. :)
 
What is the chain of rank? I might be innocent in some ways but in the military there was a chain. Is a Mistress one level above a submissive and a Master above them all?

O Captain! My Captain!
Lex^1
Master (unless used as part of a forum nickname)
Mistress
Daughter
Submissive (female)
Slut/Whore
Pet
Toy
Submissive (male)
Sissy


^1 Lex, latin for law, has as origin the latin verbs "legere" for "choose" and "ligare" for "bond"
 
O Captain! My Captain!
Lex^1
Master (unless used as part of a forum nickname)
Mistress
Daughter
Submissive (female)
Slut/Whore
Pet
Toy
Submissive (male)
Sissy


^1 Lex, latin for law, has as origin the latin verbs "legere" for "choose" and "ligare" for "bond"
Okay, this wins big time. :rose::rose::rose:
 
Ok let me get this straight.

A toilet needs to be scrubbed;

The Captain tells
the Lex^1 tells
the Master tells
the Mistress tells
the Daughter tells
the Submissive (female) tells
the Slut/Whore tells
the Pet tells
the Toy tells
the Submissive (male) tells
the Sissy.

By now the message is so twisted that the Sissy goes and scrubs the soap rings out of the tub, but fails to clean out the toilet.

Seeing this; The Captain chastises
the Lex^1 punishes
the Master spanks
the Mistress whips
the Daughter beats
the Submissive (female) tortures
the Slut/Whore kicks
the Pet bites
the Toy CBTs
the Submissive (male) bitch slaps
the Sissy?

how does anything get done?

It's a story! At first I did not get it then had to start over again. I think I skipped reading the first line...
 
Back
Top