Friendship to relationship?

Bump.... losing hope on this site, but have met a few nice new friends, so that is a plus at least! :)

okay, it did post, just didn't let me know for a bit...

Last edited:
Still no luck?
I have you and a couple others who will talk to me as friends, but most want more. The bad part is you and the few others are all really far. There are a couple more that just messaged me, so who knows. I am persistent if nothing else, LOL.

I don't think you're scaring them away. Here's the thing, though (and I speak from personal experience)... You've got several factors working against you, or at least pretty significantly narrowing your options:

1. You're looking for single men. The vast majority of men here (again, at least in my experience) are married or otherwise attached. They're also generally not looking to change that. They're just looking for extracurricular "fun," be it virtual or real life.

2. You're looking for someone close to you. Makes total sense, especially since you're looking to have a real friendship/relationship, not just an online thing. But inevitably, the good guys you'll find will be nowhere near you! :rolleyes:

3. Age... Again, the range you're looking for narrows your options, mostly because of number 1 above. Men 40-50 years old here are usually taken. I've found that the truly single guys are often in the 18-25 age range. Not what I was looking for and I'm sure not what you want either!

However, all that said... keep the faith. :) You just never know who you'll meet or when. But, it's likely to take some time. In fact, it could take lots of it. I still wish you the best! Hang in there. :rose:

I don't think you're scaring them away. Here's the thing, though (and I speak from personal experience)... You've got several factors working against you, or at least pretty significantly narrowing your options:

1. You're looking for single men. The vast majority of men here (again, at least in my experience) are married or otherwise attached. They're also generally not looking to change that. They're just looking for extracurricular "fun," be it virtual or real life.

2. You're looking for someone close to you. Makes total sense, especially since you're looking to have a real friendship/relationship, not just an online thing. But inevitably, the good guys you'll find will be nowhere near you! :rolleyes:

3. Age... Again, the range you're looking for narrows your options, mostly because of number 1 above. Men 40-50 years old here are usually taken. I've found that the truly single guys are often in the 18-25 age range. Not what I was looking for and I'm sure not what you want either!

However, all that said... keep the faith. :) You just never know who you'll meet or when. But, it's likely to take some time. In fact, it could take lots of it. I still wish you the best! Hang in there. :rose:

Thank you Pandora! I am not going anywhere so will just patiently wait and have at least made a few friends in the process! :)

Haa haa it's only been a few weeks hun, give it time and somebody will pop up.
And yes, it can happen on this site.

I'm not what you are looking for but know the feeling, it'll happen sooner or later.
BTW -- I like your part of the state, I used to travel down to Corning & Elmira fairly frequently, and pop up to Watkins Glen for the odd race. Surprisingly nice bit of country that often goes overlooked.

Haa haa it's only been a few weeks hun, give it time and somebody will pop up.
And yes, it can happen on this site.

I'm not what you are looking for but know the feeling, it'll happen sooner or later.
BTW -- I like your part of the state, I used to travel down to Corning & Elmira fairly frequently, and pop up to Watkins Glen for the odd race. Surprisingly nice bit of country that often goes overlooked.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :)
Yeah, I love it in the autumn the most, beautiful colors!!!

Well, guess I will just tell you a bit about me. I am 49 yrs old, just finishing up my second associates degree. The first one was CADD and this one is Business Admin with a focus on IT. I have three kids but only one is still at home. I have one grandchild, with a second on the way.
If I could only pick one food to eat all the time it would have to be pizza because I can vary the toppings that go on it! I like assorted types of music and I enjoy dancing. Not saying I am good at it, but like doing it anyway!
I don't have a favorite movie because it all depends on my mood on what movie I feel like watching. Same goes for my music too I guess. Television shows, don't watch a whole lot, but the ones I record are NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, CSI:NY and Ghosthunters, lol.

Guess that is enough for now, if ya have any questions just ask; doesn't mean I will answer, but ya never know if you don't ask! ;)

It sucks spending Valentine's alone, but it is always better to be alone than to settle for someone. You'll find him soon hun.

Thankfully there are solutions for the single gal in this age of transistors & long life Lithium batteries...if that fails go old school...

tumblr_mhj8mcnEkA1rb9zaho1_500.jpg

Happy Valentine's...and a peck on the cheek.

:rose:

It sucks spending Valentine's alone, but it is always better to be alone than to settle for someone. You'll find him soon hun.

Thankfully there are solutions for the single gal in this age of transistors & long life Lithium batteries...if that fails go old school...

tumblr_mhj8mcnEkA1rb9zaho1_500.jpg

Happy Valentine's...and a peck on the cheek.

:rose:

LOL thanks :) :rose:

some reflection

Valentines day alone might be preferable to being with someone who makes you feel alone. I hope your reach bears fruit for something long term, or at least you find a good kisser :)

DJ

Valentines day alone might be preferable to being with someone who makes you feel alone. I hope your reach bears fruit for something long term, or at least you find a good kisser :)

DJ

Well DJ, so far I haven't found any kind of kisser, good or bad :(
They are all too far away to kiss.

Back