SUPERBOWL Thread

3113

Hello Summer!
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Posts
13,823
Official Superbowl Thread!

2013-Super-Bowl-Point-Spread-020113L_0.jpg


For any in the U.S. (or interested parties abroad) here is...the Superbowl Thread. That being a thread for the penultimate Sunday Football game in the U.S. It gets over 100 million viewers and is watched as much for the high-priced and elaborate commercials (costing upwards of $4 million dollars for 30 seconds :eek:) and crazy half-time entertainment (the most famous being Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction") as for the actual game. Worth watching because who knows what will happen this year?

Teams: Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers
Place: New Orleans
Half-time Entertainer: Beyonce
Tidbit: Coaches for the opposing teams are brothers! (wacky, huh?)

This is the place to post anything Superbowl related before, during or after the game. From what you think of the teams, to what snacks you're having to what commercials you like. Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
It should be a good game. I ran out and got chips, dip and a bucket of chicken, just to be prepared in case it goes to overtime.

Joe Montana said that he thought the one of his old teams, would have beat the current 49ers, but the Ravens have a chance.

I hope the 9ers can break their pattern of losing the big one.
 
The kids choir from Sandy Hook got me all choked up. Yes, I am a sap.
 
Fight! Fight! Fight!

At last some excitement. 49's can't seem to get their hands on the ball, can they? :confused:
 
49er's in the red...at last! (i.e. near the goal line). :rolleyes:
 
49ers nerves are showing.

Harbaugh's conservative play when they took over after the botched trick field goal is very telling. They're going to have to open it up.

Ray Lewis will be insufferable if he wins.
 
:( *expletive deleted*

Looks like a Super-Blow by 'Frisco at the half.
 
On another note, you want to talk about lining your pockets?

Joe Flacco is due to be a free agent this off season.
 
The Ravens have opened a can of whup-ass! 28-06 Baltimore! :D
 
*Grumbles* Disgruntled Seattle fan watching. Will admit that this power outage is a bit interesting.

"Alright, who plugged in the space heater."
 
Last edited:
SF's playin' catch-up ball big time! Balt 28 - SF 23. :D
 
SF's playin' catch-up ball big time! Balt 28 - SF 23. :D
Going to need to catch up fast. They're 8 points behind. :p I'm rootin' for 'em but I didn't go into this with my hopes that high.
 
Well! Who knew we'd have a nail-bitter! Final minutes and every second counting. Wow! But, alas, 49er's lost.
 
Last edited:
Well! Who knew we'd have a nail-bitter! Final minutes and every second counting. Wow! But, alas, 49er's lost.

Yeppers. 34-29 Final. Ravens took it. Great 4th Quarter though. :D
 
Well I don't know about God being a Ray Lewis fan....

But the NFL certainly is.

That was one of the worst no-calls I've ever seen.

They throw flags on barely any contact these days and this was three yards deep in the end zone.

Bullshit. Another feather in Roger Goodel's legacy.
 
SF's playin' catch-up ball big time! Balt 28 - SF 23. :D

If you were a Ravens fan, taking the hour off to watch "Downton Abbey" and then going back was a real stress reliever.

And the final was Baltimore 34 and San Francisco 31, not as previously mentioned here.
 
If you were a Ravens fan, taking the hour off to watch "Downton Abbey" and then going back was a real stress reliever.

And the final was Baltimore 34 and San Francisco 31, not as previously mentioned here.

Downtown Abbey was great tonight. I kept flipping back and forth between the game and the show.
 
I watched the commercials religiously, and ran out to the shop for beer, or into the kitchen for wings during game play. I do have to admit the game got exciting after the power failure.
 
John is Happy and Jim is pissed.

Alex Smith is to be a free agent.

The 49ers, got closer this year.

But they aren't there yet, Alas. :(
 
And in the trophy presentation Lewis credited God with giving the Ravens the win. Isn't that precious? ;)
 
Back
Top