son of the isolated blurts thread!

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my current school detailing salary and the like for next year. I also was awarded a significant bonus, by comparison to last year and what two others told me they received this year. This bonus came with a note from my principal thanking me for being highly effective with academic growth scores in the top echelon of our organization (national charter school).

If I'm so effective, why am I being forced onto a scripted program next year!? Why did you call novels "fluff"? Why are you moving us to a curriculum with which the teacher ceases to matter? You need robots. Ugh!!

2 more opportunities this week. Giving this all I've got.


Sorry to hear about your missed opportunity Jellied one - Good luck with the two others this week.

Reading your frustrations brings to mind the importance of passionate, intelligent, and inspiring teachers for our children.

Myself, I can't count the fingers on one hand if asked about how many teachers truly made a difference or impact in my life. Perhaps that made the ones who did all the more special and memorable.

Thinking on this made me think of this small film I saw, about six or eight months ago. All of us, not just students, have brighter, richer lives when we come into contact with people like this.

Wright's Law
 
If I'm so effective, why am I being forced onto a scripted program next year!? Why did you call novels "fluff"? Why are you moving us to a curriculum with which the teacher ceases to matter? You need robots. Ugh!
It is all about funding - and people being scared of the consequences if they don't say "Yes" - and they will gather in groups and nervously say "yes yes yes" and the policy creators glow in self pride. Then it takes five years to undo the nonsense.
 
Last edited:
I have the greatest urge to bump a "what's wrong with chat?" thread from 2010...somebody stop me!
 
In isolated blurtiness: I was totally hit on today at Starbucks. I know it probably shouldn't (not defined by my looks and all), but it does give me a confidence boost when this happens.
I've embraced that feeling lately. I think turning 40 sent me into a bit of a tailspin.
 
If certain people could just leave me alone I'd be really happy... I don't need a big circle of friends.. two or 3 are enough.
 
I've embraced that feeling lately. I think turning 40 sent me into a bit of a tailspin.

What the?!?!?! You're not an 18 year old virgin?!?!?!?! I am so done with you!!!:rolleyes:

;):rose::rose:

Truth be told, my idea of a good time would be to have you and et. al. in the same room together. :rose:

Except for that damn Pman character, nobody likes that fucker! ;)
 
What the?!?!?! You're not an 18 year old virgin?!?!?!?! I am so done with you!!!:rolleyes:

;):rose::rose:

Truth be told, my idea of a good time would be to have you and et. al. in the same room together. :rose:

Except for that damn Pman character, nobody likes that fucker! ;)

Everybody loves pmann. :(
 
Also, I really want to know what some of y'all look like. It's a funny thing to think of some people as good friends, but really only know them as a username with a captivating personality. Ah, 2014. :)
That's me in my av. ;)
 
Back
Top