Post your feedback on stories you love or hate

Not that I'd defend scouries in any way, shape, or form, but this just isn't his M.O.

The last thing scouries would ever do is admit to one iota of his scumbaggery to anyone, anywhere, at any time. Denial and deflection is his bread and butter.

I agree. This just doesn't sound like him at all. I'm not sure he even has the time/energy to work on anyone's story standings but his own.

It's quite an allegation, though, not so much about Scouries, who lies so baldly about everything himself that he deserves to have it come back at him, but the part about Laurel having been contacted about this and shunting it aside as characterized. Still waiting for nakdsub to be quite clear about what evidence of anything was shown to Laurel when the claimed response from her ensued. Because that there is quite an allegation. And I can't say that I believe it.

He actually said "email", not PM.

Unless it came from the email he's signed up with here, there's no real proof it came from him, even if it was legit.

More likely, it was someone yanking naksub's chain, or using a known pariah as a scapegoat to deflect from the person who sent the email tanking his scores.

Who the hell has this kind of time? Seriously, to run up and down and bomb someone's stories? Never mind why the hell bother?

But I do recall Nakdsub mentioning quite some time back his stories had taken a horrendous beating.

He actually said "email", not PM.

Unless it came from the email he's signed up with here, there's no real proof it came from him, even if it was legit.

More likely, it was someone yanking naksub's chain, or using a known pariah as a scapegoat to deflect from the person who sent the email tanking his scores.

Maybe so (but more likely, I think, didn't exist at all). Someone tried to yank my chain recently. "Somebody's" wife (I'm sure) pretended to be the ex-brother-in-law of "somebody" and gave me all sorts of "information" I was free to use here on the forum. A wasted effort, though, as I look askance at any anonymously sent "help" like this. It was somebody wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm sure. :D

Yup, (I know you're reading Pilot)

I know who you're talking about, maybe not by exact name and what you were told, but I'm sure the same person who told me your name was Todd(or Glenn they couldn't keep their story straight) and you sell sporting goods in Brockton. Or maybe "their" name was Todd I forget and deleted the stupid message

I'll repeat the question who the hell has time for this?

I'm taking naksub's anger at face value. It seems legitimate to me, and really doesn't matter one way or the other when it comes to my thoughts on the matter.

No matter where the deception's coming from, it still doesn't sound like scouries. At the very least, I would see him using a sock-puppet to provide some sort of ( laughable ) deniability.

None of that makes sense.

Well, I think it does.

I enjoy editors' forum but it has been sabotaged by the gurus posting threads talking to themselves that, while I find fascinating, seem to get few responses.

The lockout that has happened with story feedback (look at the thread) is a direct result of those able to help preferring to walk away rather than address an issue that goes to the heart of lit.

There is much wrong with the volunteers' edit system - don't I know - but the recent posts trying to 'attract interest' to arcane subjects I find self-defeating.

Please, please, please, address your well publicized gripes about stories feedback to the owners and demand that the conformist is relieved of his duties.

All the forums are in freefall and one of the extraordinary strengths of lit is falling into an abyss.

Well, I think it does.

I enjoy editors' forum but it has been sabotaged by the gurus posting threads talking to themselves that, while I find fascinating, seem to get few responses.

The lockout that has happened with story feedback (look at the thread) is a direct result of those able to help preferring to walk away rather than address an issue that goes to the heart of lit.

There is much wrong with the volunteers' edit system - don't I know - but the recent posts trying to 'attract interest' to arcane subjects I find self-defeating.

Please, please, please, address your well publicized gripes about stories feedback to the owners and demand that the conformist is relieved of his duties.

All the forums are in freefall and one of the extraordinary strengths of lit is falling into an abyss.

So threads with information to help someone improve how they write are self-defeating? If someone cannot find a VE, then why not offer the material for them to correct some of those mistakes on their own?

Or maybe seeing the EF without new threads, without informative material, without activity, is your preference.

As for the lack of responses, you're as guilty as anyone else then, because the threads are open for comments, questions, etc. Others can begin a thread in the EF on topics related to editing.

And please, do tell, what "well publicized gripes about stories feedback" of mine are you talking about?

The editors' forum has never had many posts. If anything, the new threads are adding variety ( and value through useful information ) to what has been almost exclusively "I need an editor" and "Why was my story rejected?" posts.

The moderation eliminating the back-and-forth sniping is a good thing.

I fail to see where this is destroying the forum section or discouraging posting there in any way.

As to here... *shrug* Laurel has made it abundantly clear through inaction that scumbaggery on the forums has zero priority in the grand scheme of things. It is what it is, and it's a waste of time to even talk about change.

Dozens of people who no longer post here crawl out of the woodwork to scream "censorship!" every time the subject is brought up, and then vanish as quickly as they popped up, derailing any attempt by people who actually post on the site to even discuss the possibility of moderation.

Well, I think it does.

If Lloyd5 wants more of something on the forums, he should provide some of it. Apparently what he wants more of is complaining, since that's all he provides. No one's under any obligation to provide what he wants for him here.

If Lloyd5 wants more of something on the forums, he should provide some of it. Apparently what he wants more of is complaining, since that's all he provides. No one's under any obligation to provide what he wants for him here.

As lovecraft said, a ridiculous response, deliberately ignoring the issues.

If I login to stories feedback I expect to see writers asking for comments on stories and members giving their 2¢. I like reading that.

To be faced with wide-screen screeds of naked underage Japanese girls that blow the screen too wide, coupled with interminable football lists of completely invented statistics pretending to have official approval seems to be totally against the ethos of the site and forum guidelines.

If sr believes he has no responsibility to encourage the owners to bring certain forums, much appreciated by newbies, in from the wild west then he is selfish and totally self-centered in his approach.

What's new?

Did you talk to Laurel about it?

Did you get an answer?

The forum is nothing more than a zoo that's barely looked at every once in a while for amusement, with few zookeepers and even fewer who are engaged within their various enclosures.

The animals started running wild, nobody bothered to corall them, and every other animal with a bent toward destruction took the example to heart and ran wild as well.

If you ask whether it might be a good idea to round up the critters, people hiding behind the concrete benches start screaming "Animal cruelty!" even as a rabid wolverine gnaws on their calves.

You can talk all you want, but nobody who can do anything about it is listening.

No, in fact I don't "owe" the Web site (or newbies) any of this activity, Lloyd_5. That said, the difference between you and me is that I do give a lot of writing support on the forum and you give absolutely nothing.

what is this thread about?

i'm afraid you have lost me. but i will admit it is more than a little repetitive.

i'm afraid you have lost me. but i will admit it is more than a little repetitive.

It was a personal attack on me (needed to have been read in conjunction with a thread Lloyd_5 posted to the Editor's thread that the monitors there erased).

Just returns, however, to whatever help/opinions I have the time/interest to give on writer's requests for help in this area of the forum, it's that much more than Lloyd_5 has ever given.

Back