Seldom-Used Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this word and wondered if anyone had ever heard it used before. I have not.

catamite - a boy kept for purposes of sexual perversion

What about quare for queer? Could a person insult another by calling them a quare catamite?

I might have to use that one on occasion... hehehe

What about quare for queer? Could a person insult another by calling them a quare catamite?

I might have to use that one on occasion... hehehe
That would be a bit redundant. By the way, 'catamite' was first used in reference to King James' boyfriend.

I came across this word and wondered if anyone had ever heard it used before. I have not.

catamite - a boy kept for purposes of sexual perversion

As I understood it, a Catamite was on the receiving end of a Sodomite.

Quare: An Irish/ English word (there's a book called the "Quare fellow", I think).

Very interesting about the catamite and the sodomite. Why didn't they use dogomite, instead. Hahahaha

nonny - hey-nonny-no / nonny-nonny , a euphemism for the vagina and sexual activity. Obsolete, in use during the 16 th century and the Victorian era.

So, a very happy hey nonny nonny and a ho ho ho to you all!

Very interesting about the catamite and the sodomite. Why didn't they use dogomite, instead. Hahahaha

nonny - hey-nonny-no / nonny-nonny , a euphemism for the vagina and sexual activity. Obsolete, in use during the 16 th century and the Victorian era.

So, a very happy hey nonny nonny and a ho ho ho to you all!
with a hey and a ho and a hey nonny-no,
Sweet lovers love the spring.

so singeth the Bard of Avon, himself!

He was the FIRST to use it, in a literary sense, but I prefer to call the Bard by his "real" name, Sir Francis Bacon, first illegitimate son of Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley, Master of the Horse, I think was one of his many titles. The Earl of Essex was their second son, although some historians mistook him for her lover late in late, like a September/May relationship. Elizabeth and Dudley were married secretly before Francis was born. So the boys were really legitimate, but not legally recognized. Elizabeth was young, she and Dudley met while both were incarcerated in the Tower of London for political reasons, and needed to keep her princely suitors coming around, building alliances on promises of marriage, which it seems she never intended to keep. So much for the virgin part.

routed (verb/inflected form of 'route'): military term meaning to divert in a particular direction

Example: He was routed in his efforts to overthrow the monarchy.

I forgot to add an entry, I got so lost into ole shake a spear aka masturbate, hehehe

swyve - used by Chaucer to mean fuck and shares etymology with swivel. Nothing like a good swivel!

From the book, Talking Dirty, by Jeremy R. Ellis;

The derivation of the expression to be "hoist by your own petard" is the use of the petard, an old explosive device whose name derives from the Latin, pedere, to fart, which is related to the French for fart, peter.

From the book, Talking Dirty, by Jeremy R. Ellis;

The derivation of the expression to be "hoist by your own petard" is the use of the petard, an old explosive device whose name derives from the Latin, pedere, to fart, which is related to the French for fart, peter.
and in Champlain, NY, near the Quebec border, is found a shop, for people with companion animals, with the name La Boutique des Pets, which brings a laugh to all passing Quebecois as it means, quite literally, The Fart Shop.

and in Champlain, NY, near the Quebec border, is found a shop, for people with companion animals, with the name La Boutique des Pets, which brings a laugh to all passing Quebecois as it means, quite literally, The Fart Shop.
concupiscent adj characterized by strong sexual desire.

Surprised I haven't seen it on Lit yet...

From the same book;

Names for private parts and bodily functions were not considered obscene until the Middle Ages. This accounts for English family names such as Cuntles (1219) and Wydecunthe (1328), and Gropecuntelane, a street in London in 1230.

William the Conqueror (1066) was also known as William the Bastard.

quim noun vulva (slang)

"One day in the canyon, /No pants on her quim,
A rattlesanake saw her /And flung himself in.
Charlotte the Harlot gave cowboys the frights;
The only vagina that rattles and bites"

(from Charlotte the Harlot, American cowboy song)

Thank you, Tio, that was so funny! When was it written do you know?

In keeping with the vagina theme here for a moment more;

chambre of Venus, this one I really like and will use in my next book!

re·con·dite
Pronunciation: \ˈre-kən-ˌdīt, ri-ˈkän-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin reconditus, past participle of recondere to conceal, from re- + condere to store up, from com- + -dere to put — more at com-, do
Date: 1649
1 : hidden from sight : concealed
2 : difficult or impossible for one of ordinary understanding or knowledge to comprehend : deep <a recondite subject>
3 : of, relating to, or dealing with something little known or obscure <recondite fact about the origin of the holiday — Floyd Dell>

— re·con·dite·ly adverb

— re·con·dite·ness noun

Thank you, Tio, that was so funny! When was it written do you know?

In keeping with the vagina theme here for a moment more;

chambre of Venus, this one I really like and will use in my next book!

I was discussing with a young woman the wealth of names and euphemisms for those femine naughty bits found between the legs, and we ended up coining yet another. A bit Joycean, perhaps, but we agreed to call it "the place of all names." :)

Tio, what would you call the male counterpart then? The probe that enters the place of all names? hehehehe

Okay, switching to penises for a minute, here are some of my favorites from Talking Dirty;

beard-splitter
best leg of three
cherry picker
eleventh finger
goose's neck
one-eyed brother
trouser snake
rump-splitter

And the list goes on and on....

Tio, what would you call the male counterpart then? The probe that enters the place of all names? hehehehe

Okay, switching to penises for a minute, here are some of my favorites from Talking Dirty;

beard-splitter
best leg of three
cherry picker
eleventh finger
goose's neck
one-eyed brother
trouser snake
rump-splitter

And the list goes on and on....
"Third Leg" was one of our High School euphemisms

"Short Arms" was a military term- as in "Short Arms" inspection - drop your drawers so the troops can be visually checked for Syphilis. Cf. "long arms," or rifles, and "side arms," or pistols.

I always liked "John Thomas," though, it seemed so personal...

I wanted to post this tribute to the Bard. No one could use words like he could.

A quote from Act II, Scene I of Taming of the Shrew:

Petruchio and Katharina are having a suggestive, double-entendre conversation about her being waspish:

K: If I be waspish, best beware my sting.
P: My remedy is then, to pluck it out.
K: Ay, if the fool could find it where it lies.
P: Who knows not where a wasp does wear his sting? In his tail.
K: In his tongue.
P: Whose tongue?
K: Yours, if you talk of tails: and so farewell.
P: What, with my tongue in your tail? nay, come again, good Kate; I am a
gentleman.

Katharina then strikes Petruchio, which is not unexpected, considering his probable use of tail for vulva, suggesting cunnilingus.

I love every second of that play! Every time! Elizabeth and Richard did it best, IMHO.

I wanted to post this tribute to the Bard. No one could use words like he could.

A quote from Act II, Scene I of Taming of the Shrew:

Petruchio and Katharina are having a suggestive, double-entendre conversation about her being waspish:

K: If I be waspish, best beware my sting.
P: My remedy is then, to pluck it out.
K: Ay, if the fool could find it where it lies.
P: Who knows not where a wasp does wear his sting? In his tail.
K: In his tongue.
P: Whose tongue?
K: Yours, if you talk of tails: and so farewell.
P: What, with my tongue in your tail? nay, come again, good Kate; I am a
gentleman.

Katharina then strikes Petruchio, which is not unexpected, considering his probable use of tail for vulva, suggesting cunnilingus.

I love every second of that play! Every time! Elizabeth and Richard did it best, IMHO.

I was thinking analingus but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back