Scion: Seeds of Glory IC

HookerBoots

Your Girl for All Seasons
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Posts
5,340
The world has been rent for years, decades in fact, by the outbreak of the Titans. Major disasters have been averted by the efforts of the Gods and some of their more powerful, more practiced Scions. But the world has grown more dangerous through the years overall, the more savvy Titans having waited until the Gods and their children were tired from the fighting.

And they've decided to use some different weapons this time. There are still violent monsters, but they are somewhat fewer. The Titans - some of them - have gotten wiser and tried a different tack to diminish the Gods' armies.

Evan
As you walk onto the set to start filming your next film, you notice the title of the movie tacked to the door: "Icelandic Sluts Part 7". That isn't what your agent had told you would be next, but before you can approach the director about it, a production assistant approaches with a manila envelope in his hands.

He hands it to you hesitantly, and smiles. "Have a good taping, sir," he says. "If you . . . I mean, I've never seen the lady who asked me to give this to her, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask if you thought we could get to to work for us." A deep breath, and he exhales. "She was . . . a total knock-out, looked a lot like you, but . . . it wasn't your sister, was it?"

Before you can answer, he is called off by a pissed-off sounding woman, and scampers away. You open the envelope to find a letter written in a neat, archaic hand. Son, I have no time to explain right now. Take this ticket, help our people. There will be companions, they will be like, but unlike, you. It is signed with the rune Fearn, and inside is a plane ticket to Reykavik.

Hikaru
You're sitting in one of the new international relations courses you were enrolled in after your trip to Mexico and the ensuing incident. This class is about the European Union and the nations that are not part of it, most notably Iceland. You aren't particularly interested, but are paying attention because you have to. You're still a little peeved that you weren't able to change your schedule back after you were able to be a girl during the day, but you're trying to make the best of it.

Your teacher calls your name and holds out an envelope made of thick, heavy rice paper, sealed with wax embossed with five megatama gems in a circle. Inside is a letter excusing you from your classes for the foreseeable future and a plane ticket to Reykavik. On the inside flap of the letter is written Perform honorably.

Kenta
The babe on the other side of the bar is smiling back at you, tossing her hair over her shoulder, and no boyfriend in sight. That's the first time this week you've drawn the eye of a lady who wasn't out with some muscle-bound ape. Just as you're about to stand up and go talk to her - and hopefully get someone to go home with you - a stocky Japanese man sits down at your table.

He downs his beer and slams the glass down on the table, along with a set of papers held together with a red silk string fastened in an intricate knot. Without another word, he stands up, leaving his glass and the papers behind. When he's no longer blocking your vision, the woman you'd been looking at has left, her half-empty drink glass on the bar.

The things held together with the string are a plane ticket to Reykavik, and a short note saying Don't disgrace yourself in front of your cousin.
 
Hikaru was happy to find relief from her class as class was interuptted by a pause from the professor. As she was called to the front of her class she flashed a smile at one of the cute guys in class and then sauntered to the front of the class. She knew every male eye in the room was watching her and more than likely lusting after her. This made her body tingle at the thought of the power she held over the male of her half species. She was also aware of the female eyes on her some were eyes of jealousy but more then a few were looks of lust themselves. She loved the attention she got too and didn't do anything to make anyone feel beneth having a chance with her yet oddly most people were afraid to approach her. This benefitted her fine because she got to choose who she was interested in herself. Which her last choice was her friend Megan whose relationship was now awkward.

Hikaru took the enevelope and opened it. She saw the plane ticket and quickly read the note and realized it was from her mother. She sighed and smiled knowing that she was going to get to travel but also knew that this trip wasn't of the pleasure variety. She also knew that if her mother wanted her to go here that there was a big chance of danger. Hopefully she would end up unscathed and by the time she got back here there would be a new semester. One where she could take her classes she preferred. She would have to remember to ask her mom to fix that for her. Or at least convince mom to talk to dad about covering her stay here longer. She didn't feel it right to use her powers on her chichi.

"Sorry Mr. Thomas but I have to go. Can you please email me the notes and assignments. I'll try my best to keep up with my work." She showed him the note that also had the official seal of the university excusing her. She ran her finger across his face in an attempt to manipulate him encase she couldn't get her schedule fixed she could at least make it easier to get an A in this class whenever she was able to complete the work for the class.

She was quickly packed and arrived at the airport preparing to depart when she picked up her blackberry curve and called up her friend and roommate Megan. "Hey Megs I'm sorry for the short notice but my mother sent me on a trip to Iceland of all places." She continued her conversation with her roommate, best friend, and occassional lover as she waited to board the plane.
 
"We are now beginning the final descent. Please obey all lights and instructions from the flight attendants. Thank you for flying NorseWind."

Evan looked up from his window, his rich chocolate eyes almost startled. He knew by the schedule it was a seven hour flight but it had felt like almost no time had passed. He had spent the time lost in the vista of clouds and sea, letting it draw his mind into the mazes of thought. His sensual lips quirked in a smile; how few people would expect a porn star to be lost in thoughts of epic and metaphysical weight? More like how to add two and two.

The aircraft rumbled as it started the controlled fall normally referred to as landing. The woman beside Evan whimpered softly, reaching out and grabbing his arm. She seemed to relax for a few moments, then realized what she was doing and looked up at him with wide eyes and red cheeks, "Oh! I'm sorry, I just-"

"It's all right," he said with a nod, "If it makes you feel better, I don't mind." He gave her a smile and her eyes glittered with gratitude and attraction. That kind of thing had happened even before his Visitation but now it happened all the time. It was nice and he had to admit there were times that he had taken advantage of it but there was no off switch for it either.

The trip down let him turn his mind inward again on the thing that had most preoccupied his mind since his mother's message had arrived. This mission and his purpose here. Her note told him nothing of real consequence. Help our people. Companions. But what did those terms mean? Who were "our" people? It couldn't be "his" people or he'd have still been in L.A. There was plenty of work there still to do in terms of fighting the Titans and their servants. So why send him here?

There was a sudden jerk and tremendous screech. The force of deceleration hit him, barely pushing at him. Before his Visitation, he would have been pressed back into the seat but it hardly moved him an inch now.

He smiled at the woman who had clutched his arm like a life preserver as she stood up and thanked him. He knew he answered her though he did not recall what he said or that she seemed stung at his friendly but clear dismissal. His allure cut both ways.

~~~~~~~~~​

Half an hour later, Evan walked out of the airport. He traveled light as always, a half-full duffel bag slung over his shoulder. He took a deep breath of the air, the usual scents of a city mingled with strange spices and an oddly mineral tang. Our people. Companions. Which to find first? Or would they find him?
 
Kenta was pissed. Pissed beyond words that he could come up with. He supposed if he had a dictionary sitting in front of him and enough time to look the words up he could probably come up with words that accurately described how pissed he was, but he didn't tend towards carrying something like that around. How could some old guy sit in front of him and then ruin his chances at the first fresh piece of hot ass who had seemed to take an interest in him without him having to beat the living snot out of some big mass of muscles wrapped up in a wifebeater. It was a pain in the ass. That was what it was, and really all he wanted was the chance to be a pain in that girl's ass. Man...he wasn't even sure that he cared enough to try and catch up to that guy and give his scroll or whatever the hell that thing he left on the table was.

Speaking of, what was this thing anyway? He picked it up and examined it for a moment, finding the message to be cryptic and pointless, and then the tickets to a place. Reykhavik? When he said it in his head it sounded a lot like the words "wreak havoc". Sounded pretty friggen' awesome to him. His eyes then looked back to the rope for a moment. This seemed all too familiar, like the kind of bad joke, like something from a movie set. Maybe this was some sort of movie promotion thing and he had gotten hired for a job out in whatever this place was?

In any case, he found it hard to resist the urge to use this ticket. It seemed like a good way to start an adventure, and really, he didn't have anything tying him down to any one particular place. This was exactly the kind of crazy fucked up thing that he was really good at, and why wouldn't he go? The tickets were here, right, and it seemed like a good way to get back at that guy for ruining his chances with that hot piece of candy that wasn't at the other end of the bar anymore.

"Pain in the ass is what this is." He got up, placing a bill flat on the bar as he got up, knowing that it would more than cover his drinks for the night. Ruined his mood and killed his buzz...and now he was on a trip to what was that place again? 'Rekovic'? 'Reechabik'? Bah, whatever. It was going to be awesome and he'd probably even learn a new language.

-----

It had taken him 45 minutes to pack up all of his various shit, and another 15 minutes to make it to the airport. Once he was there he had the 'privilege' of being 'randomly' selected for a 'random' bag search, where they had discovered that aside from clothes, posters, the only things he had on him were his video camera, his cellphone, and his laptop, which were all of the things that you needed to film some really cool shit and put it on Youtube, or to film his outburst over the random screening process that had almost caused him to be late on boarding his fucking flight.

Bullshit. All of this was bullshit, and he was looking forward to a change of scenery where he was going to end up in a place that he couldn't pronounce. Killer.
 
Hikaru
They call for boarding for your flight, and as you board, the male flight attendant takes care to tell you that if you need anything during the long flight, you should feel free to ask him - he seems to be taking care to let you know he'll be as attentive as you want him to be. The two female flight attendants roll their eyes.

The flight is mostly uneventful - no turbulence or incidents, not even a little kid getting upset and ruining everyone's rest by crying. It seems almost too easy, but there's nothing to say that the quit is anything other than coincidence. Your mother thoughtfully booked you two seats, and Suji is curled up peacefully - and invisibly - in the seat next to you. He ate your packet of snack mix, and eyed your hot meal hopefully until it was all gone.

The plane lands, and you disembark, Suji following peacefully, sniffing the air. As you're waiting at the outside of the airport for a taxi, he looks up at you. There is prey here, Hikaru-dono. Foreign prey, but large. Before you can respond, the taxi pulls up and whisks you towards your hostel, Snoja Hvitur.

Evan
You catch a taxi outside the airport, briefly catching a glimpse as you get inside of an attractive Asian girl slipping into her own taxi. You glance at the sheet your mother sent you, and tell the driver that you want to go to a hostel named Snoja Hvitur. He nods and takes off, driving more safely than the usual American cab driver - not that you have a lot to compare him to.

He pulls up to a medium-sized white building near the edge of town. Unlike most of the buildings you've passed on the way here, there is a mural on the exterior of the building - a scene from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Seven short, bearded men working in a mine filled with glimmering gems and ore, while the background, a lovely black-haired woman does laundry in a stream. The detail is amazing for something painted on the outside of the building, and it's also amazing how few people are stopping to look at it.

The door opens as you step out, and a little, dark-skinned man comes out. "Velkominn!" He bows a little, and hurries to the back of the taxi to grab your bags. "Welcome to Reykjavik, honored guest! And welcome to Snoja Hvitur, we are pleased to have you staying with us!" He hauls your bag up the stairs to the door. "Your friends will be here soon, we have a special accommodation for you all!"

Kenta
The rest of the flight went more easily than the boarding. The flight crew was incredibly apologetic over the search - possibly because they think you look scary. Unfortunately, you've been seated between two grandmothers, both of whom sleep through the entire flight. At least they're not talking to you, or trying to hit on you.

When you land, there is a driver waiting for you. The car is a lot nicer than what you'd expected, and he drives you to a hostel called Snoja Hvitur on the edge of town. The driver helps you carry your luggage, and a small man opens the door to let you both inside. The little man, who introduces himself as Laeknir, shows you up to the second floor and into a room where a handsome man - who looks a little familiar is sitting in a chair.

Nina
You arrive in Iceland, and feel strangely at home. Everyone you can see is blond and blue-eyed, and the air is crisp and curiously scented. But walking through the streets, you get a strange feeling of tension. There is strange fear in the air, and you can't put your finger on why.

After doing some walking around, trying to pin-point the source of this fear, your legs feel a little stiff and you recheck the letter your mother sent. Her letter directs you to a hostel on the edge of town, called Snoja Hvitur, where she says you'll meet people that you should be able to get to help you.

As you're walking up to the building, there is a taxi with a gorgeous Asian girl getting out of it, heading up the stairs into the hostel.
 
Hikaru stayed awake on the flight talking quietly to Suji who sat comfortably on the seat next to her and even occassionaly patting the cute ghostly tiger on his head from time to time. She knew that no one else could probably see the tiger which made it all the more amusing to her. She also knew she had to do everything in her power to stay awake because she wasn't sure her passport would change to her male self nor was she willing to have to explain it to someone that would just happen to see the transformation.

She enjoyed the attention the male flight attendant gave her and she did nothing to discourage his attention. She actually allowed him to spend his time trying to court her but by the middle of the flight his lines were starting to get old and it was clear he wasn't an interesting enough person for her to pursue so she turned her attention to one of the female flight attendants that she could tell was straight just to see if she could get her interested in the other sides at least interested into her.

------

On the trip in the taxi Hitaru tried her best to make some small talk with the man driving the cab. Through her own accent of english and his own it was hard to make any conversation though. She did catch him taking in her beauty more than once but he didn't make a move on her and she figured it was for the best. After all Suji was right there was prey here and she needed to be alert and at her best right now. She hadn't really encountered any trouble yet since she found out what she was but she did her best to prepare for it. She did make an attempt to learn some Icelandic for hello and where is the bathroom just incase she needed it.

--------

Hikaru pulled her bags from the cab and headed up the steps. A normal human girl of her size would struggle with the weight of her bags but Hikaru lifted them as if they were mere ankle weights. She looked around her surroundings trying to take in if she would notice anything out of the ordinary or not. She was also looking to see if she could see anyone like herself here.

As she was up the steps and getting ready to walk up the steps she notices a smaller yet attractive woman with a streak of blonde in her brown hair approaching the steps, and thinks to herself how there was something special about that girl. She then swung her head back around and went inside the hostile and waited to see if there were going to be any other signs from her mother.

While it didn't show on Hikaru's face she was a bit worried about all of this. She was new to this being more than human thing and while she had always felt slightly different than the others around her this was still a shell shock to realize she was now something straight out of the myths and legends of her own people, the greeks, romans, and every other major religion. She realized she was meant to be a savior of the world but she didn't have any experience being a hero. How was she supposed to know what to do.

She giggled as Suji rubbed up against her leg to get her attention before sniffing in the air yet again.
 
Nina Taylor

Nina took a deep breath as she saw the hostel up ahead. The events of the last day... they'd left her a bit light-headed, to say the least, and it was good to see even a little bit of proof that she hadn't flown across the world on a wild goose chase. Of course, the letter from her mother should have soothed her fears about that... but as usual, they only made her more on edge. Something was brewing; she could feel it in the air.

She was so distracted by actually reaching Snoja Hvitur that she almost didn't notice the woman get out of the cab and look at her. As her eyes focused, she wondered how she could have almost missed seeing her; she was one of the most beautiful women Nina had ever seen. She moved with an uncommon grace and held herself with such poise... such confidence. And yet... there was something else about her.

Hurrying, Nina followed the strange and beautiful woman up to the building. Her nose twitched as she moved and she glanced around with a sudden expectant joy... it felt like there was a cat nearby. A quick chat with a cat always seemed to calm her nerves, but no... there were no cats around. She shook her head, wondering if sensing phantom cats was jet lag messing with her.

Inside the hostel, she looked around and shifted her bag to her left shoulder. Nina traveled light; she had only a few days' clothes and some toiletries inside her bag, along with her passport and her purse. The other woman was there in the front room of the hostel as well. Nina cleared her throat to attract her attention, feeling a little nervous in the presence of such a beautiful woman.

"So... I don't suppose you know if anyone's here to show us to our rooms?" she asked, feeling a bit awkward... and not only because that uncanny feeling that she was being sized up by a cat had returned.
 
Evan set his duffel bag down beside a chair in the room he'd been shown to. His host had bustled off immediately after telling him to make himself comfortable until his friends arrived. Which was an interesting statement considering that he'd come here by himself. Was this a trap?

He walked to a window, gazing out at the foreign city and fingering the note in his pocket, written in his mother's hand. He didn't need the scrap anymore but he'd kept it. He had so little of her. The ring on his finger that let him access his more unusual abilities was supposedly made from her golden tears by the dwarves. He glanced at the stunningly crafted ring as it gleamed in the well-lit room. How had she arranged for it to be made? The same way she was paid for Brisingamin?

He shook his head. He was distracting himself. Was this a trap? The note said he would meet others and told him to come here specifically. He had a strange feeling about this place but it wasn't a sinister one. And the short man who'd-wait. The mural. Snow White and the...not a man. The dwarf that had met him hadn't seemed to be hiding anything. Evan was usually good at reading people that way.

This wasn't just a hostel. It was a muster point. The companions his mother had told him to find would come here The note said they'd be like him, but unlike him. What did that mean?

He looked at his own faint reflection in the glass. “I'll find out soon enough.” In the meantime, maybe he should take the host's advice. His mother was on good terms with the dwarves, very good with some of them given what she'd told him. This may be as safe a place as any was for him.

Evan crossed the room and sat down in the chair beside his duffel. His lips quirked in a smile as an idle thought crossed his mind. Given how his mother had paid for her necklace, would the dwarves want a similar trade for him staying here?

A bit of noise from the hallway alerted him a moment before the dwarf re-entered with someone following him. The man was handsome, ridiculously so, not unlike Evan himself. If he had to judge, Evan might say he was the better looking one but it was close. The guy was lean but wiry, probably all muscle under those clothes, and his knuckles looked like they'd seen a lot of use. He was Japanese, Evan was pretty sure. He'd done many scenes with people of all ethnicities which had gotten him fairly good at distinguishing.

Evan rose. “Hello.” He inclined his head and shoulders, not really bowing fully but not a typical Western greeting either. Straightening again, he smiled, “My name is Evan.” As he often did when meeting new people, Evan silently prayed the guy had never seen any of his work or wouldn't recognize him if he did. Which got harder the more he did, but regardless. “This may seem like a strange question but were you sent here too?”
 
Kenta had found a toothpick at one of the restaurant stalls after landing in this place that he couldn't pronounce. It had been a nice change of pace to land in a place that he didn't know about and have someone waiting for him with a sign that had his name written out clear as day. At the same time it was all too frustrating, as it meant that he hadn't actually stolen the tickets, they had been left for him. He was definitely going to have a talk with whoever was in charge of this shot about how you didn't send big burly men to ruin your stunt-man's chances with the first pretty dame who's taken an interest in him and wasn't attached to some big gorilla in a few months.

Arriving at the hotel or whatever this place was, was an interesting experience. It was yet another place that had a name that he wasn't ever going to be able to get his tongue around, no matter how skills his tongue happened to be. He sighed as he followed the man who seemed to be ridiculously short up to the place where he was going to be staying.

This actually seemed like how things were all of the time. As a stunt-man who no one knew the name of outside of movie production, it tended to be the case that you ended up stuck in some little no name hotel that was nice, but that no one ever mentioned because there was a much nicer one somewhere else in town where all of the big names stayed. No one spent extra on your security because no one could be bothered to hassle you constantly for autographs. It was kind of nice, but kind of tedious and boring too. Maybe one day he'd make a break into something that wasn't stunt-man work and then he'd get put into the hotel that had handrails made of gold and security cameras on every hallway and where those gorillas with the chicks from the bar would be dressed up in suits with dark sunglasses and funny bulges in their jackets.

Upon arriving at the room he found it strange that he was going to be sharing the room with someone. Again, this really wasn't much of a surprise. The crew and stunt people, and security and all of that often got crammed into little rooms like this so that they didn't have to pay for as many rooms and all of that. He was actually kind of bummed that he had brought all of his worldly goods with him when he was going to be stuffed in a hotel and not an apartment.

On closer inspection, something about the man that he was being roomed with seemed wrong. It seemed very wrong. Now, Kenta wasn't into guys or anything, but something about this guy seemed attractive. If he had to rate him he probably would have scored the guy at like a 12 on the scale between one and ten. That sort of person didn't get roomed with your stunt guy unless this was one of those 'you're going to be this guy's double, get to know him' exercises, and really, he didn't think that he could pull off being this guy's double.

Something else was odd about this guy. He looked...familiar. Very, very familiar. He looked like the kind of guy that he had seen before, not on set, or he would have remembered more about it, but somewhere...When his name came out it didn't sound familiar. It didn't sound right either, but that was fine. He could hold back on his curiosity and instead practice his ability to not care about where he had seen this guy before.

He stared at him for a moment, trying to think how best to approach this situation, "Kenta Yamatto...and that bow thing...yeah, you don't need to do that. For as long as I know I've been in North America." He chuckled a little bit. This guy had tried to start things off nice, but really, there wasn't a need to be so formal, right? They were going to be working together, weren't they? The question about whether he had been sent her had jarred him though. Was this guy not part of the crew? He stopped for a moment, "Yeah. Didn't they tell you I was coming? I'm your stunt guy, or at least one of them." Was this really a movie thing? He was starting to wonder.
 
Nina and Hikaru
As Nina finishes speaking, a small man darts out from behind the counter. "Vilkominn, ladies! I am sorry, my brothers and I , we are so foolish to have left such beauties standing here alone!" From behind the counter, there is a startled, indignant exclamation, followed by a loud sneeze, which the little man ignores. "I am Laeknir, let me show you to your room - the gentlemen are already here and waiting!"

He starts up the stairs, then looks over his should. "Heimskur! Bring the bags!" A small, dark-skinned man with a beard walks out from behind the counter as well and picks up your bags, carrying them up the stairs after Laeknir. These men are strange - you both get the sense that they're not human - but you can tell they aren't hostile. Suji follows Hikaru up the stairs, licking his lips. They have fish here, Hikaru-dono . . . can I have some?

Crystal
This trip, your mother's idea, should provide some interesting material for your new book. People love reading your books about being in the wild - though most of them see them as fiction instead of reality. Iceland has a lot of geysers and wilderness left to explore, and Artemis had been very insistent that you come here as soon as possible, even though she hadn't seemed very excited about the idea.

But she had already booked you a plane ride and a room in a hostel - a little place called Snoja Hvitur. The only other thing she said before leaving you again was that there would be good hunting there. It didn't seem reasonable that there would be anything worth hunting in Reykjavik that hadn't already been hunted, but this whole place felt, from the moment you got off the plane, like a hunt was already in progress. But you can't quite tell where the feeling is coming from, or who the hunter is and who is the prey.

The hostel, however, is right in front of you, and the image on the front makes you shake your head. Artemis would hate the idea put forth from the mural on sight, and you have no idea why she selected this place specifically for you to stay. But you walk inside anyway, still a little disappointed that you won't be able to stay your entire time here outside.

A small, kind of ugly man steps out from behind the counter with a yawn. "Vilkominn, my lady." He yawns again. "I am Sofna, welcome to Snoja Hvitur. Your comrades are here already, let me show you the way to the room." He stretches both arms over his head, yawning widely again.

Nerina
Your school thinks it was their idea to send you on an international relations trip to Iceland. In reality, your father booked it for you, and told you in no uncertain terms that you needed to go and do well. He also implied that, at some point, you might wind up using the scythe he had given you at your Visitation. The flight to Iceland was a little worrisome - you normally get air-sick, and this time was no exception, but you managed without getting physically sick or otherwise embarrassing yourself.

You made your way to the hostel that had been booked, and managed to make your way inside a few hours before dark, and just in time to see a brown-haired girl being led up the stairs. From behind the counter, the top of a small head pops up, then back down. There is grumbling from back there, and finally, a little man stomps around the counter with a frown on his face. "Vilkomenn. The others are upstairs. Follow me."
 
Nerina - Arrival

OLD: GAME MASTER:

Your school thinks it was their idea to send you on an international relations trip to Iceland. In reality, your father booked it for you, and told you in no uncertain terms that you needed to go and do well. He also implied that, at some point, you might wind up using the scythe he had given you at your Visitation. The flight to Iceland was a little worrisome - you normally get air-sick, and this time was no exception, but you managed without getting physically sick or otherwise embarrassing yourself.

You made your way to the hostel that had been booked, and managed to make your way inside a few hours before dark, and just in time to see a brown-haired girl being led up the stairs. From behind the counter, the top of a small head pops up, then back down. There is grumbling from back there, and finally, a little man stomps around the counter with a frown on his face. "Vilkomenn. The others are upstairs. Follow me."

NEW:OOC: Going with they are all bunked together.

With a raised eyebrow, Nerina nodded. "Very well" She said politely and fell into step behind the small man. It was so nice to be back on land. She HATED flying. It would be the one issue with her future plans. She would have to fly... But now she was back on dry land, dry being a word she wasn't that fussed on either but she was more use to it then being cooped up in a tin can that could drop out of the sky at any point in time. Slinging her bag, a rather old duffle, over her shoulder, Nerina straightened her jacket as she walked up the stairs. Others. He meant that there would be more than her. Daddy dearest obviously knew something was up, and Triton, the messenger had not been kept in the loop. As they reached the top of the stairs, her gaze fell on the girl being lead into a room a head of her. And Bells went off in the back of her head. Ok this person was... different. Her nose was tingling, which of course explained the bells.

But soon enough she found herself standing in a doorway where her brain felt like the an entire cathedral of bells were going off. Her Blue eyes swept the room, as she ignored the bells. 2 men, and three other women. 6 including her. And all looking like they had no clue as to why they were here. However, her gaze landed on the brunette she had followed up the stairs. And recognition rang in her mind. Oh yes, this one.. was defiantly like her. Her nose twitched. “Hello” She said calmly as she stood there. She let her gaze just wander over the group, her eyes taking in their looks, and committing it to memory. Their.. scents too. So she would know them.

TAG ALL.
OOC: Apologies if i was meant to wait until the others replied.
 
Crystal

IC: My plane had just lowered its landing gear. I tightly held my half read book in my hands. What was I doing here?

I had never left the States before. My parents, well two of three of them, were shocked I was coming here. As a result it was a very hard sell, especially since I wasn't even sure why I was coming here.

The plane landed smoothly and slowly drifted to the terminal. I had a few minutes more before I could stand and grab my things. So I opened my book once more and I read. 25 pages were read as fast as I turned the pages, and not just read but memorized too. But I lacked the will to continue, the book was simply to dry and I wasn't properly motivated.

Still my idea had been good. I closed the English to Icelandic dictionary. I was almost to the N section. True enough I could not speak Icelandic or even read it, even after I finished this book. But I could translate words, given a couple of minutes to recall what each word meant.

The people around me grabbed their belongings and left and I did the same. Going into the overhead compartment I found my backpack. I slung it over one shoulder and left with my book in hand.

As soon as I was off the plane and in the terminal I found my heart beating faster. My breath was slightly slower in coming. I set my pack down and placed the book on top. I was excited, a sensation I didn't often feel. I looked around and let my sharp senses flow outward. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was the simple fact I had never been to another country before.

I placed my book inside my pack and pulled out some thin leather gloves. I pulled them on tightly.

I man laughed slightly. 'Those won't do much against the cold,' he said.

I looked him in the eye. "I know."

The trip to hostel was uneventful, but the pit of my stomach hadn't quite settled. I reluctantly stepped inside.

I immediately noticed the midget, I mean dwarf. I smiled at the not so handsome man. 'Vilkominn, my lady.' He yawns again. 'I am Sofna, welcome to Snoja Hvitur. Your comrades are here already, let me show you the way to the room.' He then took a much deeper yawn and stretched for good measure.

I paused briefly. Comrades? I quickly feel in step behind him. I loosened my pack on my shoulders just in case. Behind me I felt some one walk inside. When I reached the top of the stairs I found four people. Two men, two women. None of us looked to be natives. I looked at them and stepped to the side letting another girl join us.

'Hello' I smiled back at the young lady.

I didn't seem to be in danger. So I relaxed and set down my bag on one of the beds.

"So... Are all of you here for the good hunting too?"
 
Evan nodded at Kenta's introduction and comments, though he groaned inwardly. He thought this was a movie shoot? Did he even know what was going on or what he was? When his mother's note said "help our people," did she mean help this guy figure out what the truth was? "Stunt guy...in my movies, we don't really, uh, never mind." He did not want to let this guy know who he was and what he did if he could help it. "But nice to meet you, Kenta. And I knew someone was coming, just not who."

But wait. The note said companions, plural.

There was some noise from the ground floor and a moment later another two dwarves entered, carrying several bags. Following them were two of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. One was a willowy Japanese girl, though she had more curve than most Japanese women, her hair a glory of perfect black, her skin pale porcelain perfection. The girl behind her was gorgeous, tanned skin with a fine figure and a playful streak of blond in her brown hair, looking like a beach girl right off of the California sands.

Maybe Kenta was right about a movie. This was starting to look like some director's dream cast for a porn epic.

As the dwarf bustled out, Evan smiled his best smile, "Hello, ladies." Companions. They could certainly fit the bill. But were they like him? More than mortal? It was hard to say. They were, other than his mother, the most gorgeous women he'd ever seen, but that didn't mean they were supernatural. "I'm Evan, this is Kenta. This may seem like a strange question, but-"

He cut himself off as another dwarf, yawning a bit, led yet another striking woman to the room. She had glossy brown hair and green eyes that were so sharp it looked like her gaze could cut. She was lovely and well shaped, but there was hardness and strength in her too, and a sense of familiarity with struggle. She was familiar...he was sure he'd seen her somewhere before.

The yawning dwarf left, making way for yet another short figure stumping up the stairs, yet another fantastic beauty behind him. Her hair was dark as well, her shape that of a high school goddess, her face high featured and clever. She looked around at them all as though fixing their faces in her mind. She saw more than most, he was willing to bet. How much?

Evan listened for a moment or two as the group of strangers stood there, all seemingly at a loss for words right now. Not hearing any further movement or arrivals, he nodded. "Hello ladies, it's a pleasure to be in the same room with you all, let alone meet you. I'm Evan Colburn."

He grinned at the emerald eyed brunette's question, "I think you might be exactly right about that, Miss. Though I don't know why I was asked to come here exactly." His rich earthen eyes swept the group. "Let me take a wild guess. You all got a message to come here to Iceland and to this very hostel from a...recently discovered relative, right?" He might be wrong and they might think he was crazy. But he had a hunch.

Companions.
 
Last edited:
Nerina

Nerina nodded at the woman who spoke and then turned her gaze on the man.

OLD:
Crystal:

"So... Are all of you here for the good hunting too?"

Evan:

Evan listened for a moment or two as the group of strangers stood there, all seemingly at a loss for words right now. Not hearing any further movement or arrivals, he nodded. "Hello ladies, it's a pleasure to be in the same room with you all, let alone meet you. I'm Evan Colburn."

His rich earthen eyes swept the group. "Let me take a wild guess. You all got a message to come here to Iceland and to this very hostel from a...recently discovered relative, right?" He might be wrong and they might think he was crazy. But he had a hunch.

NEW:

"Yes" She replied. "In a way." She moved towards the last empty bed and carefully placed her bag down. "I am Nerina." She said pushing her bangs from her face. She was dressed in black slacks, a white shirt and a black jacket. Her low flats were comfortable for travel. Her gaze flicked around the room carefully again. She noted that all gathered were from different area's of the world and from the way Evan spoke, were scions. Like her. She stood at ease by the last bed. "I am not sure about hunting, but I was told to come here and.. do well"

tag Companions.
 
Crystal

IC: It was warmer inside, I took off my jacket and set it down on the bed. Underneath I had a simple white long sleeve shirt, it was modest but made with quality for the cold weather.

"Evan much hit the nail on the head. My adoptive mother sent me here. Although she seemed some what reluctant." Probably because the image and the side of this building.

"So if I may ask, we all seem to be foreign to this place. Any one speak the local language?"
 
Last edited:
As Hikaru had entered the hostile she noticed the small men but the girl from the streets that she had noticed had quickly caught up to her. "I am not sure but I think these men here might be the ones that are to help us." She responded to the brown haired girl. "Oh where are my manners I'm Koizumi Hikaru. You can call me Hikaru though." She said not sure if the girl she was talking to would know of her home countries traditions and customs.

She noticed the girl looking around like something was bothering when she noticed Suji rubbing up against her leg and also sizing her up. "Suji stop that right now. Oh sorry don't mind him he is a bit protective of me."

Before she knew it her bags were taken from her by the short stout man that had came from behind the counter and was heading up there stairs. She looked at the girl that was with her whose bags had also been taken and they followed behind quickly.

As she reached the top of the stairs and entered the room she noticed there were around 6 or 7 beds available and standing there was a japanese man that looked like he could be related to her and was very attractive, and one of the best looking white men she had ever seen. She flashed a shy smile to them both as she began to see if she could figure out if these were the people she was to be meeting. Looking down at her Suji "So what do you think?" she asked right as the other two women came up there stairs.

After the girls quickly introduced themselves and the others began to ask questions Hikaru decided to speak up and be a bit more bold than the others. "Yeah my birth mother recently revealed herself and comforted me and changed my life forever. She gave me several gifts then left me behind to figure things out for myself. Though I got a letter sending me here that I know was from her saying I would meet others like myself."
 
Nerina nodded and listened as people spoke. “I.. have a ear for languages, it shouldn’t be too hard to learn it.” She paused and looked at the floor. “And I don’t think they would send us here if there was no chance that we could not either know or learn the language.” But then knowing Triton.. he probably forgot half the message from her father.

When the Japanese girl spoke, Nerina gave a brief smile. “I think we are all alike in that matter.” Scions. Their scents filled her senses. But she could not tell which god bore or sired which in the room. The one she had followed up the stairs smelt a lot like one from her extended family but she wasn’t sure. Her gaze fell on Evan for a moment. “So... guessing about why we are here is probably going to be a waste of time. One of our.. hosts probably knows more about it and perhaps we should talk to them about it.”



Tag Comrades
 
Kenta was trying to keep up with all of the conversation, but it was a tad bit difficult. He was lucky and talented in his ability to walk through chaos unscathed, but it didn't help at all when he was in a situation where everyone seemed to be talking at once and all of these people seemed to keep showing up. He had moved back, sitting on the edge of a bed. It at once seemed like they were all going to be in a movie together (after all they all looked like they could fit in that kind of thing) but at the same time seemed to not be that kind of situation at all. What he had managed to gather was that most of these people had been sent invitations here by close relatives. While his invitation had said something about not embarrassing his cousin that hadn't been exactly clear. All of the relatives on his mother's side that he knew of were still either in Canada or back in Korea where they had originally come from. On his father's side...well, that was a complete unknown but wasn't really something that he was all that interested in.

It seemed to him that people were trying to figure out why exactly it had been arranged that they arrive here. That was a question that was getting under his nerves as well. He felt like he had been tricked into coming here. He had taken the tickets because it seemed like the appropriate way to get back at that guy in the bar for ruining his chances with a cutie. He supposed in the end it had worked out since he was now pretty much surrounded by attractive women, more of them than that one guy, no matter how handsome he happened to be could take on...well maybe...he still felt like he knew something about that on some level. He'd figure it out eventually, he was sure.
 
Crystal

IC: "I suppose your likely right and one of them know why we are here. But I think we have a different issue. At the risk of sounding competently crazy, these recently found parents... Okay I am crazy, any one else think they are descended from a god."
 
No Not Crazy...

Nerina had a few moments to consider her response when the girl who had arrived at the same time as her, asked about thinking they are children of gods. She chose not to answer straight away, sitting down on the bed she had chosen and considered the rest of those before her. 6 Scions. Brought together, through messages from their parents.

Yes they were all children of Gods., and no she didn’t believe they were crazy. She linked her hands together and leaned back, glad her bed was against the wall. “No you are not crazy.” She said calmly, her voice cutting across the room easily. “And we are all the same in that respect. I.. can tell. I know you are all like me. Children of Gods.”

Tag Comrades.
 
Nina Taylor

Nina smiled as Hikaru indroduced herself to her. "Pleasure to meet you," she said in response. "I'm Nina. Say... you wouldn't know..." she started, but she never got a chance to finish her question—they were being led upstairs.

Nina stayed close to Hikaru's side as more and more people filled the room; it had seemed like a relatively large room at first, but now that there were six of them in there, it had started feeling a bit... close.

Not that Nina minded, looking from face to face. There was something about these others... something intrinsic about them that she felt was more than they appeared. She felt... well, she felt strange, on edge as if in the presence of people she should be cautious about, but also weirdly comfortable in their company, as if she were among friends she hadn't met yet.

It wasn't until the gorgeous green-eyed woman finally broke the ice and mentioned being descended from a god that it all suddenly made sense to Nina. After another of the women spoke, Nina found herself nodding.

"Children of Gods..." she said, repeating the other woman's words. The room was quiet for a moment, and she took a breath. "Well, if that's the case, and judging from most of your looks, it sounds like it doesn't really seem crazy to any of us... then we've been brought here for a reason. I came here because I got a letter... from my mother. And I don't know if anyone else noticed... but there's something up with this place. The locals, it's like they're afraid of something. In my mother's note, she said I'd find others here, people that can help me. Help me find out what's causing this fear. So I don't know if that sheds any light on it all for you... maybe we all have a piece of the puzzle if we share why were here?"

She shrugged, then blushed. "Oh... I'm Nina, by the way. At the very least, if we're all gonna be sharing this room, we should at least know each other's names, hmm?"
 
Crystal

IC: "I am Crystal. The adopted daughter of Artemis." Nina had two very good points, one we need to introduce ourselves and two we were sharing a room. It was a bit unnerving as a thought.

I was usually very comfortable with my body, I had always been fit and had curves in the right places. But every one else in this room had an unnatural beauty to them, an intangible quality I simply did not have. I found myself suddenly self conscious, I may very well be the least attractive person here.

I found myself thinking to deeply in very shallow thoughts. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. With my eyes shut I relied on my other senses taking in details others would miss.
 
"Nerina, daughter of Poseidon." She replied, feeling kind of glad her sense where Crystal was concerned was correct. She had thought she was of the same pantheon. She watched Crystal in silence for a moment and then turned her gaze to the others. She wanted to know what other pantheons were represented here.

tag
 
"any one else think they are descended from a god."

Suddenly the conversation had gained his full attention. These people...he wasn't sure what to make of them. As far as he was concerned there were a number of possible truths, and just because one truth was true didn't mean that others weren't as well. The truths were; all of these people were crazy, this was a movie shoot and they were discussing their roles, Susano-o was playing some sort of sick joke on him, all of these people were actually who they said they were. It was entirely possible for all of those statements to be true. He knew that he probably wasn't the most emotionally stable person since Susano-o had decided to take an interest in his life. What he also knew was that in a situation like this it was better to withhold information than to make it available. He wasn't really eager to stand up and lie and say that there was absolutely nothing special about him and he was just a stunt-man, even if it was possible that this was some sort of movie thing and he had been brought on to be just a stuntman.

As a result he remained silent, his eyes traveling over the group that had assembled here. He'd gather the information that he could before he said anything, simply because when it came to crazy people, it was better to know what their fantasy was before playing into it...and if he wasn't dealing with crazy people...then what was the point in pulling all of them together like this?
 
"Hikaru, daughter of Amaterasu sun goddess of the shinto religion." Hikaru then went silent not ready to reveal anything more about herself unless someone asked. She eyed the other asian man curiously waiting to see his response. Something about him seemed very familiar.
She looked at Nina Taylor and smiled sweetly thinking that she reminded her of Megan only more attractive. She didn't know what to make of the two women of greek decent but they were both attractive enough. Then there was the red headed man. She wasn't sure but she was sure she had seen him on a TV somewhere before but couldn't place where.

Suji sat there patiently for a moment of time before he saw something hanging down from one of the beds. He went up to it and swatted at it knocking the ball of yarn down. Soon before Hikaru could say a thing to stop the tiger he was wrapped up in the yarn and she soon caught herself giggling slightly.
 
Back
Top