Views on the demise of WhiteShadow (the pornsite)?

flawed_ethics

Professional Dufus
Joined
Jul 14, 2001
Posts
1,191
Not my views, although they can be derived from the following. But I'd like to hear what others in the Literotica communtity think about it.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, WhiteShadow is (IMHO) a story posting site much like Literotica. It doesn't have the community or extra little tidbits that Lit does (which makes it such a great site, btw), but it does its job pretty well. Stories encompassed most anything, with special sections of full length, previously published novels (Book Nook), Zoo, Incest, Scat, BDSM, and others.

Its sister site, BlackSpectre, was like WhiteShadow but more extreme. It dealt with underage, snuff, extreme torture, and other nasty bits. :eek: Not for the faint of heart, to be sure.

Anyway, the site's leadership has changed hands, and for legal purposes, the webmaster will be using AVS soon to cover the site. Clearly a blow to those who like free stories.

So if I could get some seasoned opinions from the Lit community as to the changes at WS (do you care? any ramifications for Lit?), I'd appreciate it. If you'd like to offer your two cents, but haven't been to either WS or BS, I'd rather you did, since my account of their content is biased at best:

http://whiteshadow.pornopartners.com/

http://blackspectre.pornopartners.com/

Thanks!
 
I've been to both, only to see what they were. BS appalls me. And quite frankly stuff like that should be AVS at the least. Snuff garbage and garbage involving infants is not what I would consider pornography. I consider it feeding the sick fantasies of those better off without internet access.

WS is a little better, at least there are no infants on it. I don't think either site would be harmed by the need for AVS. While sites like this one are free and say no minors, minors do partake of it. Stuff on this site while pornographic in nature, isn't something that I would have a hysterical screaming fit over if I caught my son with it when he comes of age. It's natural sex here and it does have that bit of "consenting, knowing adults" morality to it that I like. WS and BS have that solitary, one sided, sex is okay with it, as long as you think it wants it, morality that belongs on the other side of AVS bars. And no, I don't think it's censorship, after all they aren't shutting down. They're just locking the door like they should be.

After all, what 16 year old needs to read about a woman getting tortured to death and then orgasming through the whole thing? Or a 20 month old baby being penetrated by her mother? That's not pornography and it shouldn't be accessible because it is harmful to the impressionable reader. IMHO.
 
I've been to both sites, frankly Black Spectre leaving the planet wouldn't be a bad thing. White Shadow should be AVS protected. As for the legal issue, free speech is only free for as long as you can pay lawyers to defend it. Any porn site (including this one) is vulnerable to the impending crackdown from the new administration, but having under-18 stories will put you in the crosshairs first.

Legalities aside, I applaud Laurel and Manu for sticking to their guns on the age limit. While it lowers the number of potential readers and authors, it raises the standards for those who do come here.
 
It pisses me off a little. Basically, White Shadow had stories that you wouldn't normally find on Literotica and many of them were interesting. I posted a few on White Shadows and Black Spectre and now the BS story is MIA because BS is history.
 
Freedom of Speech

I don't prefer many stories that I have seen available on the internet, although I have read many that are good erotic tales. My conservative parents would probably be shocked by what is available to all that have access. However, I do not believe in censorship. There would not be an interest in the stuff if there was not curiosity. Many times all it takes is a quick read to realize that it is not something that you relish or desire. Further, it takes just as long to establish what is pleasing and wanting. Taste is another matter altogether... I certainly don't appreciate a house that is painted pink or purple or red. I am far too conservative for those loud colors, but I would never deprive someone else from using them. I still have the choice to choose to read something or to just pass it by... I certainly don't want somebody dictating to me what I can or cannot read or view.
 
Free speech will soon become a thing of the past, much like the right to bear arms, to be secure in one's property.

Those rights are merely inconvieniences to those who know best how to run our lives.

Remember. To the Ivy-League elite, we are just cattle, or chattel, however you would call it.

The unwashed masses.

Soylent Green.

Slaves, by any other name.

Collectively we are all niggers now.
 
Free Speech

I certainly believe in Freedom of Speech and expression, so without WS, that would neglect a person's rights to the 1st amendment. Now the topic of guns which was brought up, I won't get into that.
 
Just KillerMuffins post gave me the willies.

Liked White Shadow, parts of it. Glad I never wandered further.
 
Last edited:
Re: Please educate me.....

Sparky Kronkite said:
What is AVS?

Hey Spark,

These are those adult verification memberships you buy with a credit card, so you can access certain sites. Supposedly people under eighteen don't have credit cards.
 
So what do we do about the kids?

Do you think the warnings on porn sites keep the under eighteens from accessing this and other sites on the web. I love that option to leave if you're a minor, yeah right. There's probably hundreds if not thousands of minors that read the stories here at Literotica. There's no way to stop them, and I don't have that much concern about what Laurel sees fit to post, as opposed to the garbage that's accessible elsewhere.

The AVS system is the best they can come up with, problem is, no more free dirty stories for free adults. There has to be a better way, and everyone involved will have to agree on it.

Of course someone will jump in and scream about the parents responsibility to know what their kids are looking at. I'm well aware of what my kids are doing, my concerns are about the bullshit parents we have that couldn't be bothered with it. Do you think ten year-olds should have access to rotten.com?

They do.
 
I AGREE WITH YOU, KILLER MUFFIN

I never understood how anyone could get a hard on reading about fucking a baby or even a child for that matter. I submitted a story to Black Spectre once (underaged teen sex story). Then I received an e-mail that made me break out in laughter. A guy wrote and told me that the story didn't belong on that site because it was more romantic & erotic and not gross or appalling.:p
 
WAKING UP A SLEEPING THREAD

About a year after this thread began, WS did, in fact, become AVS. Both have since blown away in the world wide wind.
 
Back
Top