"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Lauren for the mention of (Slide Over) A Memoriam for a Rose, and thank all of you who left such nice comments! :kiss:

An aside: This belongs on the other thread, but this poem is already losing votes. :) It had eleven votes this morning and an "H". Now it is down to nine. The trollbot is on duty! ;)
 
ty rybka

I did have the words instead of numerals..and then It hit me...1's and zeros...ah ha...
gave me the impression of the web...and her hive of hate...stinging her victims in tall tales of illusion in ones and zeros...


Rybka said:
There are 23 new submissions to read on this the last Thursday of September, and as I always do, I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives with which to start.

Today's Past Blast:
This poem comes from August of 2002. - I found this one by Lauren Hynde on the fifth spin. This is early Lauren. I wonder how she would write it now?
***

MY Erotic Tale starts the day with his first "E" for his Soul Pearls~, perhaps thematically inspired by Liar's Pearl of yesterday, or perhaps minds just thinking alike. - Congratulation on the editor's choice MET. :rose:

***

Next to go read is Sacramental Wino by Bill Dada. This is a rough rant against religion, the Catholic Church in particular. There is no solution offered, just a tirade, but worth reading one.

***

Rebel Rose, a Lit. member for less than a month presents her second poem today. I really like this title, Between a Story and A Song.
A commenter has suggested that the poem might be better if written without rhyme. It is simply a fact that most new poets write in rhyme; because, after all, "It is a poem. . . DUH!". After awhile many poets stop rhyming, and I personally think that this is because they discover that it is far easier to write without the constraint of a rhyme scheme. Quite a few then go on to justify their decision by proclaiming that they "don't like rhymes". This always sounds a bit like "sour grapes" to me. :) :p :)
So Rebel Rose, welcome to Lit. and write as much rhyme as you want to. I have no problem with it, but when you do use a rhyme scheme, you usually should pay some attention to the rhythm (metre/beat) as well. ;)

***

lobomao is another fairly new contributor to Literotica, albeit a fecund one with already two dozen poems to his credit including one coveted "E".
The closest words I know to the question asked in this poet's erotic query are pudendum or filtrum. Maybe you know a more appropriate term. Go read togue tied and see. (I am assuming that there is a "u" missing and that this is not about fish bondage.)

***

My final choice of the day is by bluerains. I only wonder if the words would be better than the numerals, but then this is a quasi theoretical work.***


Taste is always an individual thing so there may certainly be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
Thank you for the Mention Rybka

the poem was actually written on the zmp thread and liar asked if he could play off of it. After his pearl poem I submitted mine after rearranging from a rhyme to a no rhyme style <scratching the rhyme but keeping the content> thus evolved ... Soul Pearls~

so thanks for the inspirational poem play liar~

(~_~) bows humble
 
Lau.ren:

Thanks for mentioning both of my Wednesday poems this marnin'. I'd be happy to let you in on the great financial deal I offered Pat and Fly!

I am sorry, though, that your duties here seem to have turned your hair all white.

Nice 'do, though.

Did Prince do minuets?
Little red calèshe
Baby you're much 2 fast
Little red calèshe
U need a coach that's gonna last...
Annnnd...

...thanks. :)
 
Last edited:
Since my post was moved over here from the poetry review thread, I don't know if it has actually been read, so I'm re-posting it:

I don't know if my works have been spoken of yet on this thread, and I know even less if it would be proper to do so myself, but I'm going to anyway. The first link in my signature is to my submission page here on Lit; contained within are the two poems I've submitted so far, 'Breaking The Bonds' and 'Too Far, Too Soon.' I would enjoy hearing some constructive feedback on both poems, either here or on the Public Comment Board.
 
DJHyrrikhayne said:
Since my post was moved over here from the poetry review thread, I don't know if it has actually been read, so I'm re-posting it:

I don't know if my works have been spoken of yet on this thread, and I know even less if it would be proper to do so myself, but I'm going to anyway. The first link in my signature is to my submission page here on Lit; contained within are the two poems I've submitted so far, 'Breaking The Bonds' and 'Too Far, Too Soon.' I would enjoy hearing some constructive feedback on both poems, either here or on the Public Comment Board.
Sorry, but I'm not giving constructive feedback to anyone with that sig line. Unless this counts.
 
DJHyrrikhayne said:
Since my post was moved over here from the poetry review thread, I don't know if it has actually been read, so I'm re-posting it:

I don't know if my works have been spoken of yet on this thread, and I know even less if it would be proper to do so myself, but I'm going to anyway. The first link in my signature is to my submission page here on Lit; contained within are the two poems I've submitted so far, 'Breaking The Bonds' and 'Too Far, Too Soon.' I would enjoy hearing some constructive feedback on both poems, either here or on the Public Comment Board.

Maybe you just need a new chat up line?
 
My Erotic Tale said:
Thank you for the Mention Rybka

the poem was actually written on the zmp thread and liar asked if he could play off of it. After his pearl poem I submitted mine after rearranging from a rhyme to a no rhyme style <scratching the rhyme but keeping the content> thus evolved ... Soul Pearls~

so thanks for the inspirational poem play liar~

(~_~) bows humble
Yep, it was fun. Credit where credit's due - Art started it. I just posted mine first.

And thanks to Lauren for giving mine a nod too. :)
 
Many Thanks

.
.
.

Thanks fly, for mentioning that little fun piece of mine in the New Poems thread, "A Masochist's Game?" Just a little light humor to break the stress.
.
.
.
 
flyguy69 said:
Sorry, but I'm not giving constructive feedback to anyone with that sig line. Unless this counts.
1) That sig line is reserved for people who think their unrequested criticisms and opinions (key word there: unrequested) actually carry weight with me.

2) No, it doesn't count.
 
DJHyrrikhayne said:
1) That sig line is reserved for people who think their unrequested criticisms and opinions (key word there: unrequested) actually carry weight with me.

2) No, it doesn't count.
most people let their poetry speak for them... however, most of us speak quite well without worrying about siglines and such.. have a nice day.
 
DJHyrrikhayne said:
1) That sig line is reserved for people who think their unrequested criticisms and opinions (key word there: unrequested) actually carry weight with me.

2) No, it doesn't count.

a man with out compassion casts a shadow of gloom!


DJHyrrikhayne said:
Since my post was moved over here from the poetry review thread, I don't know if it has actually been read, so I'm re-posting it:

I don't know if my works have been spoken of yet on this thread, and I know even less if it would be proper to do so myself, but I'm going to anyway. The first link in my signature is to my submission page here on Lit; contained within are the two poems I've submitted so far, 'Breaking The Bonds' and 'Too Far, Too Soon.' I would enjoy hearing some constructive feedback on both poems, either here or on the Public Comment Board.

I can only point to the right way to display your poem which would be <create> a thread <asking for reads/ comments/ feedback... perhaps that will FLOW better.


I have learned from the past that when a man stands behind a big symbol, their souls the size of a thimble. Not saying I know this to be your case but since your sigline points that you don't CARE what others think...then why ask?

Art~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to meet you mojo_cat-- Enjoyed your Mr. Clean poem! Ranking has nothing to do with anything, as I am sure you know-- always have faith in your own favorite poems.... there is a reason for the preference.


Hope you stay around this time!

Annas

mojo_cat said:
*What you hope to get out of your time at lit (please include level of critique you are looking for)

I have so far and hope to continue getting the one thing all burgeoning writers need: encouragement. The crit is great, the banter is witty, but the encouragement is the real heart of the beast. NOT TO SAY I want blind praise, I am just expressing the love.

I prefer actual criticism to nit-picking. i find poetry more fluid grammatically and with the exception of obvious spelling mistakes, if I put something in the wrong place, i knew what i was doing. I want to know how the poem makes you feel, not argue with you over colons and semi-colons. I do that all day at school :)


*What do you hope to contribute to the poetry community at literotica? What role do you see yourself playing here?


I like to think I'm the hung-over punk. Wandering into your yards at 6 a.m. looking like shit, then shuffling off to puke in an alley, but leaving some great memories behind.

I would like to be more active on the boards now that I finally have the free time and dedication.

*How would you describe your writing?

Crosseyed & painless

As a happily medicated schizo, I have seen some sights, and I am still not sure which are excess neurons, if you follow me. I want to write it all down. I never want to forget the horror and the beauty of that inner world.

*URL to your work at lit, personal website etc.
I'm trying to turn this into an interactive piece of literary fiction, aka Griffin & Sabine, but no one else has come along yet to play, unless you count the discount pharmaceuticals community

My Lit biography in its entirety


*List of some of your favorite poems/stories you have at Lit, in case anyone wants to get a taste of your work


The poem I liked most is the one that got the worst ranking! Shows what I know.
Anyways, it's http://english.literotica.com:81/stories/showstory.php?id=191726

I have a new story which will be posted hopefully soon, called Shambala. I think it's the best piece of short fiction I have ever done.

This is a really cool idea, there are a lot of new faces and some old ones back (HI RYBKA :rose:
 
Hell! I see you on the passion thread and come to see your homepage with a zilluion poems.... did you write them all in that period of time? If so, damn that is amazing. I like your voice and your mind is a bit twisted which is good good good why not.

I am thinking of doing you in that Feedback thread Lauren started. I want to read through your work. Hope you stick around. good good.

annaswirls


cward2 said:
*What you hope to get out of your time at lit (please include level of critique you are looking for)

I want to share my poetry with the Literotica community and enjoy other poets' work. Would be looking for a wide range of criticism.

*What do you hope to contribute to the poetry community at literotica? What role do you see yourself playing here?

My poetry and useful criticism for other poets

*How would you describe your writing?

My poetry is honest and emotional. I write from the heart. Whereas I write stories to entertain. I love the absurd and like to challenge the perceptions of the norm.

*URL to your work at lit, personal website etc.

http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=544336

*List of some of your favorite poems/stories you have at Lit, in case anyone wants to get a taste of your work

I don't really have any favorite poems or stories. I enjoy everything that I write!
 
WickedEve said:
Well, go do it so I won't have to write a poem about you. And trust me, it won't be polite. :)

Mean poetry. Poets are such monsters. :devil:


hurt me....hurt me bad.

:rose:
 
PatCarrington said:
hurt me....hurt me bad.

:rose:
Pat, I would enjoy hurting you, hurting you bad, but that face...
Well, I am dressed in black for Halloween, and it is that weenie time of year, so I am feeling extra wicked. Okay, I'll hurt you bad.

Du, I think the community sunday review day is already catching on. Again, thanks. :)
 
WickedEve said:
Du, I think the community sunday review day is already catching on. Again, thanks. :)
Totally missed this. Good idea... all I liked today have been mentioned. I'll be there next sunday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top