The Darker Side of Nothing.

She smelled the forest and took a deep breath and opened her eyes, smiling in the dream. She was happy.

"What do you want most?" he had asked her softly, and she thought for a moment before speaking honestly.

"Companionship," she answered. "I really have no one to be with. . . I get lonely. . . . My kind rarely seek me out, and most people and creatures are afraid of me. . . " She looked down at the ground and ran her toes through the soft blades of grass.
 
"Companionship," she answered honestly after a moments thought. She looked down at the grass and ran one of her feet through the blades of grass, embarrassed. "It gets lonely, being by yourself. . ."
 
Ooc: phone was being a whore and not showing page four...))

He would stand near her in the dim light of the day. His eyes, glowing a fearfully bright blue. Smiling dimly, he would step to her and lift her chin. His warm lips would hover inches from hers as his optics scanned her brilliant violet ones.
"If you're ever alone, simply sleep... I have been in your mind twice now my dear, and know the path to it... I will always, always be there."

He pulled her abruptly close and before his lips touched her's his eyes closed, the forest shimmered and faded until it was no more. Her conscious was granted back to her, and as she felt the surrounds associated with the warm tavern return, he slipped gradually from her form. The kiss, never happening, in reality, or dream.
 
She felt her conscious return to her, him slipping out of it, and the tavern returned. He was still holding her, and she absently touched her lips, almost expecting his on them.

She whispered softly, "Thank you."
 
He allowed his arms to fall from her form, leaving in their absence a coldness.
"What for?" His voice soft and tired. He pulled from her ad returned to his previous seat.
 
"For what just happened," she said softly. She gave a shy smile. "You're very talented," she noted. "You should probably get some sleep yourself." She wrapped her cloak around herself tighter.
 
"I don't sleep.... I dream search... I feed..." His tone dull... As if all the energy was drained from him.
"I'll wait until everyone's asleep for certain."
 
She nodded and stood up, giving him another shy, warm smile. "I'm sure I'll see you again, Blithe. It's time for me to go." She put the hood of her cloak up around her head again, concealing her red hair and elf ears. "May good fortune fall upon you and your hunt." She headed out of the tavern and into the forest, finding her cottage and entering, thinking about all that has happened as she tidied her place up and began her studies again.

Again exhausted, she headed to her hammock and began sleeping again.
 
He seeing the tavern empty besides two slipped into the upstairs quarters. He entered his room and rested in his bed behind locked doors in silence. His heart beat slowly, until his eyes closed. Once tranced he fed from all sleeping parties, and then did as he said he would. In silence he found her, and watched her dream from the outside of her consciousness, undetected.
 
She couldn't feel his presence in her dream, and she was a little sad as she realized he was nowhere to be found. The loneliness hit her hard, as she realized she enjoyed his company.

"Blithe?" she called out softly in her dream. "Are you there?"
 
"Hush..." His voice called softly as he approached her from the darkness, beyond where her mind could.comprehend. A warmth seemed to surround them, and everything he touched faltered.
"I must be careful... You're still in control of this dream... Your mind is trying to figure out what I am and how to be rid of me."
 
She felt the warmth envelop her, and she smiled and she looked around, but couldn't see him. She heard his words, explaining things. "How do I fix that?" she asked softly. "I want to see you. . ."
 
A hotness burned his cheeks and at the moment he was glad his image was unapparent to her. "Imagine me... Give me a form to inhabit." He kept the details hidden, for whatever she imagined him wearing, or being he would be.
 
She listened to him and imagined him as he was at the tavern. . . especially his stunning blue eyes. She imagined his voice, soft and alluring, his gentle touch as they shared that dream in the tavern. . .
 
Slowly behind her his form manifested, the warm grew greater on her back and as he filled out the form the dream settled. His "body" fit the shape and soon he had complete control. "Hello..." His voice danced gently.
 
She turned and saw him, surrendering her control of the dream. "Hello," she said softly, downcasting her eyes a little bit in embarrassment.
 
He stepped to her and smiled, gliding his hands gradually down her soft arms he grasped at her fingers. "Look at me, Princess."
 
Smiling faintly he studied her, "Why? You're beyond beautiful, smart, confident... If anything you should be ready to take on the world."
He would stroke her cheek softly and gently grasp her jawline, his fingers tangling in her red hair.
 
She gave a slight shiver at the contact on her face, and the fire returned to her cheeks. "I'm just not. . . used to being close to someone," she explained. "Or admitting my wants and desires. . ."
 
He would use his right canine to bite his lip instinctively. A slight smile would glint and he would pull her closer. "Desires?" His voice a husky yet arid whisper.
 
She shivered at his whisper, smiling. "Yes, desires. We all have them, I've just never chosen to act upon mine. . ."
 
"Will you choose with me dear?" He drew her soft body closer, until she pressed against him. His lips so dangerously close.
 
Back
Top