Power Shift (closed for myself and heartofcourage)

Last_Rider

La Fin Absolue du Monde
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Posts
11,076
Time has a funny way of changing things. When Alex Fensen was sentenced to six years in prison he was a good guy who chose the wrong friends and allowed himself to be placed in a really bad situation. Alex wasn't really the type of guy build for prison, and he spent the first year of his eventual three year stint getting his ass kicked. After twelve months he'd had more broken bones than he'd care to remember, stitches and staples, fortunately he'd managed to avoid getting stabbed or slashed. After a skull fracture put him into a coma for a few weeks Alex decided he'd had more than enough of being a victim.

With nothing to fill the time but more time, Alex got himself into shape. He didn't have a coach or guidelines, but time was on his side. Alex also started fighting in his cell. Shadow boxing in his cell, and more than a few fights after he got strong helped him learn what he was doing. Early release came after three years inside, and Alex found himself back in society. Alex was a smart guy, and actually didn't have too much trouble finding work. Wearing dress shirts felt odd, but it was comforting to have the structure of working in an office. It formed a nice bridge between prison and the rest of the world.

Alex worked mostly as a personal assistant to different executives, or in the mail room, basically your average gopher that every office has. He was still strong, but the people he worked with and for didn't seem to care, they had influence to make themselves feel strong, Alex had his body. Today he was filling in for a someone who'd been in a car accident, and he was up near the top of the pecking order. His black hair was combed neatly, gray pants offset his dark red shirt that highlighted his blue eyes. He knocked on the door to the office he'd be working for for the immediate future.
 
Danielle Wallace had always been an over achiever. Growing up in a family of privilege she had worked herself to the bone through school to justify an expensive education. She had worked her way from the lower ranks of the company to the office of the senior vice president of marketing. She was cutthroat, a bitch to most of her staff, but she more than made up for it in her production. She had her eye on another promotion and she was planning on following through with that plan by being the first one at work and the last one to leave.

She also worked hard on her appearance. She would run five miles every morning, her body toned and tan with the nice gentle curves on her hips and an ample bust. She had sparkling green eyes, delicate features in her fine boned face, and long dark red hair. Her hair was her pride and joy, always styled to perfection. The one thing she never had was height. She was short and petite, never going anywhere without her heels that would add inches to her height.

Danielle glanced from her paper work to the door when a knock sounded. The clock showed ten past nine in the morning and she shook her head. Her assistant was late. She hated lateness. Sitting back in her office chair, she smoothed her charcoal grey skirt and straightened her black silk blouse and called out for the person to enter.

A handsome mad walked through the door and it took her a moment to remember that her regular assistant had been in an accident and a temp called in. She schooled her features, staring at him for a long moment.

“You’re late.” She said, her husky voice loud in the quiet space of her office. “No, I don’t want an explanation. I expect you to be on time every morning. That’s the first rule you’ll learn.”

She didn’t even say hello or greet him. No, she would lay down the law and expect perfection.
 
Alex was a little caught off guard by the woman who looked up from her desk at him. Many women here were attractive, but Danielle certainly took the top spot. Dark red hair had always been something of a turn on for him, and he thought of the girl with hair like that who'd helped get him into trouble and eventually taken years of his life. Rather than dwell on it though, he cleared his mind and focused on what she was saying.

“No, I don’t want an explanation. I expect you to be on time every morning. That’s the first rule you’ll learn.”

Well, that explained why no one had jumped at the opportunity to work up here. Still, it didn't bother Alex. People were just people.

"Yes Ma'am, it wont happen again. What do you need from me today?"
 
Danielle looked over the man in front of her. He was certainly handsome enough, the cut of his clothing showing her a nicely muscled body beneath. She wondered for a moment where the company had been hiding him. Probably in the mail room, which was certainly a waste.

“We are working on a big account today. I will need you to get me the files from down on the third floor. There are quiet a few and I expect you to be quick about it. When it’s time for lunch, you’ll be making a run for the food, and I expect you to be staying late this evening helping me finish the presentation.”

She said it all to him as if he’d been working there for ages. If he wasn’t quick minded, then she had no use for him. She continued to stare at him, wondering if he’d say anything about the orders that she’d just given him.
 
Alex listened as she spoke, she had a nice voice. It was an odd thing to notice at that time, but despite her abrupt manner the way she sounded took a bit of the edge off for him.

“We are working on a big account today. I will need you to get me the files from down on the third floor. There are quiet a few and I expect you to be quick about it. When it’s time for lunch, you’ll be making a run for the food, and I expect you to be staying late this evening helping me finish the presentation.”

"Understood. Let me know if you need anything else."

He closed the door behind him as he headed out. When he got to the third floor he realized that Danielle hadn't been kidding about the amount of files. Fortunately the clerk was helpful and they got them sorted by priority. Of course the kicker was that there was no trolley available at the moment. So he sighed, unbuttoned the wrists of his shirt sleeves, and rolled them up. There weren't too many scars on his hands, a few of course, and there was a kind of gnarly looking one on his right forearm, but such was the price of surgery to repair the shattered bones in his forearm. Alex grabbed a stack of four boxes and headed to the elevator. Fortunately he knew the way, and he knocked on Danielle's door again a few minutes later with his stack of files.
 
Danielle had already turned back to her work when Alex walked out. She would be at work straight through the rest of the day if everything worked out in her favor. That hard work would mean a three day weekend for herself and a large bonus at the end of the year. That was how she always worked and it had paid off tremendously so far.

It seemed like an eternity that her assistant had been gone before she heard a knock at the door. She looked towards the entrance to her office and frowned when another knock sounded. With a displeased sigh, she stood and walked across the office, yanking open the door and glaring at the man on the other side.

“You can’t open the door yourself? You do know that each time I have to stop what I’m doing the longer we’ll be here today, don’t you? The least they could have done was find someone with half a brain to temp today!”
 
Alex heard the door open and heard Danielle speak harshly, but he couldn't see around the box that was blocking his vision.

"Sorry for the intrusion, these are the most relevant files for the project. I'll keep the others out here lined up for you, but I knew you'd want these ones right away."

Alex bent over and set the boxes in a clear area near enough to the desk to reach easily. As he stood his shirt pulled tight over his muscles. He turned and exited the office. It took just under an hour, but Alex got all of the files up to the office and lined up outside the door in order of importance. Noting that lunch was approaching he started taking orders. He saved Danielle until last, then knocked on her door and entered.

"Just taking lunch orders Ma'am, anything in particular you'd like this afternoon?"
 
Danielle watched as her assistant walked into the office and bent to place the items near her desk, within her reach from her office chair. She couldn’t help but notice the way that his shirt pulled tight over ripped muscles. Certainly she felt her nipples tighten in response to the sudden rush of arousal she felt, pressing against her silk shirt as she watched him move.

She said nothing to him, simply watching as he left before she went back to her desk. Each time he came back with new boxes, she would watch him closely, squirming slightly in her seat. After he left the last time, she closed the door and tried to focus on her work. Her mind was a million miles away, dreaming about what those muscles would look like naked.

Get a grip on yourself, Danielle! She was scolding herself as she sat back in her chair, trying to clear her mind. It had been a long time since she had been with a man and she could certainly appreciate the appearance of a man like Alex.

She looked towards her door and then thought about what she was thinking about doing for a moment. She spread her thighs, hiking her skirt up high on her legs as she let her fingers trail over her silk panties as she stroked her flesh. The feeling of pleasure was amazing. Yes, it had most definitely been too long, she thought to herself as she tipped her head back and moaned softly.

Just as she was about to push her panties aside to get at her wet flesh, there was a knock at the door and Alex entered. She let out a small shriek, her eyes wide as she looked at him walking into her office.
 
Alex paused, Danielle was a little flushed and one hand was between her parted thighs. He quickly moved into the office and closed the door behind him. He made sure no one had seen what was going on and stepped into the office.

"You know, I think the bathroom would be a better location for that."

While Alex had been intrigued by her looks before, seeing Danielle like this, clearly aroused and feeling like taking care of it, it tickled something deeper in his personality. It was showing in his eyes, burning just a little below the surface.

"So, I know what I want for lunch now, but how about you?"
 
Danielle’s cheeks flushed bright crimson as she pulled her skirt back into place, her fingers instantly disappearing from between her thighs. She looked down at the paperwork on her desk, schooling her features.

“The soup and salad would be great.” She said as she picked up a pen and tried to get back to work.

“Listen to me, Alex. You didn’t see anything.” She said, her eyes flicking up towards his even as her cheeks burned brightly. “What you think you saw didn’t happen.”

Her heart was racing as she silently prayed that he wouldn’t say another word to her about walking into her office and catching her with her hand up her skirt.
 
Alex jotted down her order and was half turned when she told him he didn't see anything. He turned back to her, noticing the slight blush in her cheeks. Alex again checked the door, it was unnecessary, but habit.

"Look, I wont tell anyone, don't worry about that. Next time go into the bathroom and lock the door. Also have something to bite on and moan into, it'll make the sounds harder to discern."

He opened the door and closed it behind him. Alex had just one stop to pick up all the lunch orders, and was back while everything was still warm. When he got to Danielle's office he knocked again, but again he just used it to announce his presence instead of waiting for permission.

"Here you go Danielle."
 
Danielle was embarrassed when he mentioned going to the bathroom and locking the door. When he mentioned having something to bite on, she blushed deeper and tried to ignore him completely then. She went back to work, furiously trying to get her mind off what he had walked in on her doing.

When the knock sounded a half hour later, she jumped and looked towards the door. “Come in!” She called, watching as Alex walked back into the office with her lunch. She motioned for him to put it on the desk and she sat back in her chair to watch him closely.

“Listen, I’m sorry you had to see that earlier.” She said, softly, the first time she’d ever apologized to an assistant.
 
Alex set her lunch on the desk and smiled at Danielle.

"Nothing to apologize for, you're a beautiful woman, and I've seen things much much more abhorrent than that."

He smiled again, doing his best to make it a comforting smile as he stepped out of her office and began eating a sandwich at the desk he'd been given. As he ate he continued doing what work he could around his space while the office settled into a quieter hum as people ate their lunch.
 
Danielle simply nodded at Alex as he told her that there was no need to apologize. Any other employee would have held it over her head and made her beg for mercy. She let out a slow, deep breath as he left and looked around her office for a moment. She was willing to sacrifice all this for a moment of ill gotten pleasure? She shook her head at the thought, pushing the forgotten soup and salad out of her mind as she threw herself back into her work.

She rode Alex hard all day, sending him running between the floors as she worked feverously on her task. There were dozens of phone calls, enough figures to make her head spin, and mountains of paper work that would ensure she was there late into the night.

“I’m hoping you don’t have anything planned, because it’s going to be a long one.” She told Alex shortly before five as he came back to her office with another file. “If you do, you’ll be canceling the plans because I need you here.”
 
As the day was winding down Alex idly wondered how all of these people here got overweight or out of shape. Spend a day or two working for Danielle and you'd either be in shape or unconscious on the floor. He was run around the building, expected to be just a bit better than he was, and he thought idly that a few of the CO's he'd known could take lessons from Danielle.

“I’m hoping you don’t have anything planned, because it’s going to be a long one.” She told Alex shortly before five as he came back to her office with another file. “If you do, you’ll be canceling the plans because I need you here.”

Alex smiled.

"Benefits of being in my position, no social life to really speak of. I'll be here, don't worry."

As most of the rest of the office dwellers began filtering out, Alex, Danielle, and a couple of others stayed and continued working. When the clock almost read seven, Alex found himself in Danielle's office again, this time sifting through files as she tapped at the keys of her computer.
 
Danielle made a few final notes on her computer before she sat back in her chair, a deep sigh issuing forth as she pressed save and ran a hand over her face. She glanced over at Alex as he shifted through files and then at the clock, noting how late it had become. She felt slightly bad that she had kept him there so late, but it was certainly part of the job.

“What do you say we call it a night? Let’s go get some dinner.” She said as she pushed back from her desk, grabbing her purse and her briefcase before she turned look back at him with an expectant look. “Well, you did say that you have no social life. Seeing as I don’t either, let’s go get a drink.”
 
Alex looked up and over his shoulder at Danielle's words and smiled at her before standing and stretching. His arms went over his head, muscles pulled tight as he luxuriated in the motion before he answered.

"Sure thing, you've certainly earned it."

As they locked up the office Alex again found his eyes drawn to Danielle's curves. Spending all that time locked up had given him a much deeper appreciation for the female form, and hers was exceptional. He reached out and rested a hand on her shoulder as they left the building together.

"So, anyplace in particular?"
 
“Well, wherever we go, it’s your treat.” Danielle answered, the first hint of a smile crossing her face as she guided him down the street towards a chic little Italian restaurant. It felt good to have a warm hand on her shoulder and even better to have a sexy man at her side. She could definitely get use to this new assistant.

Taking a seat at a table for two, she ordered a glass of red wine and then looked towards Alex as she tried to think of a question to ask him.

“So, Alex, how did you get stuck doing all the temp work? I have to say that you're being wasted working in the mail room.”
 
Alex chuckled softly when she said he'd be paying. The hint of a smile that crossed her lips was intriguing, a full blown one would be completely dazzling. He'd have to make an effort to see one in the near future. Danielle led them to a nice little Italian place, and soon enough they were both seated, but Alex had to decline the wine. Parole conditions and all that.

“So, Alex, how did you get stuck doing all the temp work? I have to say that you're being wasted working in the mail room.”

"Benefits of the recently released from prison, we work cheap and will do just about anything. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but I figured it would be better to just tell you than let you discover on your own."

Their conversation stopped as they ordered food, then Alex smiled across the table.

"So, given what I walked in on today, I take it you haven't had much of a fulfilling social life lately either?"
 
“Prison?” She asked, taking a sip of the wine as she looked over the man in front of her. “Well, we all have a past, don’t we?” She said with a shrug as if it weren’t a big deal. It secretly sent a thrill through her, perhaps because she’d always been such a good girl and the bad boy in front of her appealed to her.

“Today was a mistake.” She quickly said, looking at the way that he smiled at her from across the table. “But, no I haven’t had a fulfilling social life in a while. The last man I was with left me unsatisfied.”
 
Alex chuckled softly at her words.

"Objectively yes, it was a mistake. More realistically you should have taken some precautions. I'm very sorry to hear about that, on behalf of all men I apologize. Though if it wasn't a correct fit it wasn't a correct fit. So to speak."

Their entrees arrived and Alex ate slowly, watching Danielle.

"So what about him left you so unsatisfied?"

It was a very personal question, but Alex felt Danielle wouldn't object to talking with him. Or if she did she'd say so, but here, out of the office, Alex knew she was a different person. He could see it in her body language.
 
Danielle paused when he asked her what had left her so unsatisfied. She sighed softly as she placed her fork back on her plate, wondering if she could really tell him what had been wrong with the relationship.

“He was too vain, too caught up in himself.” She said as she took a long pull from her wine glass, glancing at him over the rim of the glass. “He wasn’t forceful enough for me. I enjoy a man who knows what he wants and will take control.”

She was squirming in her seat suddenly, a slight blush coloring her cheeks as she wondered how he would react to that news.
 
“He wasn’t forceful enough for me. I enjoy a man who knows what he wants and will take control.”

Alex smiled across the table, he saw a blush rising in her cheeks. It was nice, he was tempted to make it grow. In fact that seemed like a very good idea at the moment.

"That's not uncommon for people in your position. You're wound tight at work, in charge of everything, in your private life you don't want that. You want someone to order you to your knees, or onto the bed. It's nothing at all to be scared of, in fact being up front about that is important."

He resumed eating, eyes on her.

"For example, if I asked you to sit still, with your legs three inches apart at the knees, I imagine it would be relatively easy for you to do that."
 
Danielle looked up at Alex as he said that he understood. She was surprised and her blush grew as he mentioned spreading her legs beneath the table. His eyes held hers as she warred with herself about whether she should follow the suggestion or now.

“No, it wouldn’t be hard at all.” She said in a soft voice, her breath coming a bit faster. “After what you saw this morning, I think you know it wouldn’t be that hard at all.”

She looked around the restaurant and sat up straight, pulling her knees apart the three inches he had mentioned, a smile crossing her face as she looked across the table at him, knowing that he would know what she was doing.
 
Alex smiled a little wider as he recognized that she was doing what he'd asked of her. He then went back to eating, almost as though nothing had happened. Every now and then she'd wiggle a bit and he'd shoot her a very stern look. After they'd finished eating he stood and offered his hand.

"So, I wouldn't be a proper gentleman if I didn't make sure you safely reached your destination."
 
Back
Top