The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rua vs Machida would have been a worthy eliminator. But the cards, as they were set, were awful.

Vera was obviously outmatched and nobody was surprised.

Bader, while a better challenger for Machida, was way under the Dragon's skill level. This should have been Machida vs Rua and while the cards produced some action they were both unnecessary fights to have.

LT~

I accept that some people are really into pain, but some of the pictures I've looked at this morning, make me cringe.

Rua vs Machida would have been a worthy eliminator. But the cards, as they were set, were awful.

Vera was obviously outmatched and nobody was surprised.

Bader, while a better challenger for Machida, was way under the Dragon's skill level. This should have been Machida vs Rua and while the cards produced some action they were both unnecessary fights to have.

I think they hoped both would win, so they could set up title shots for both of them. Jones is quickly running out of challengers.

I still think Machida has the best chance at beating him, though. Could just be the fan in me talking.

Last edited:
Shopping with a teenager was tiring BUT I found the key to keeping her in line :D
First, lunch. Been around grumpy teenagers before, they make me want to beat something in the head with a hammer. We ate deep fried mushrooms together and she had a burger. Second, her 16th birthday is this month and I promised her a graphics tablet for the computer. We bought that last and she didn't get away with acting bored with the clothes shopping either. So mission accomplished and she's a happy young lady who got out of my car with her new clothes and clutching her new graphics tablet, squee-ing all the way into their apartment.

I am done for the day.

Shopping with a teenager was tiring BUT I found the key to keeping her in line :D
First, lunch. Been around grumpy teenagers before, they make me want to beat something in the head with a hammer. We ate deep fried mushrooms together and she had a burger. Second, her 16th birthday is this month and I promised her a graphics tablet for the computer. We bought that last and she didn't get away with acting bored with the clothes shopping either. So mission accomplished and she's a happy young lady who got out of my car with her new clothes and clutching her new graphics tablet, squee-ing all the way into their apartment.

I am done for the day.

You're pretty awesome, Cait. :rose:

You're pretty awesome, Cait. :rose:

Thanks, Sia. She's a good kid and her mom is a single parent raising two kids so there's not a lot of money for extras. I just help out where I can. Besides, I adore the kiddo and we don't get to spend much time together.

I'm pathetic and can't get anything done :(

Awww, you're not pathetic, Vail.

Cookie?

tumblr_lnzbc2KSSD1qax7k1o1_500.jpg

I'm pathetic and can't get anything done :(

*runs in long enough to hug Lady, bite her shoulder for such statements, and growl*
Everybody needs a downtime.
You shoosh.

p.s.
I wanna be your schoolgirl.
I bought something with you in mind.
But you keep being that way and I wont show you!

*runs in long enough to hug Lady, bite her shoulder for such statements, and growl*
Everybody needs a downtime.
You shoosh.

p.s.
I wanna be your schoolgirl.
I bought something with you in mind.
But you keep being that way and I wont show you!

ok...will be 'good'
still kinda poutyfaced

I remember watching Otis Nixon in the early 90s make a catch like that. he literally ran a step up the outfield wall, spun around to face the infield again as his back hit the top of the wall, and reached back behind his head to make the catch one handed. Most incredible thing I ever saw before becoming a bull riding fan.

Damn. The most impressive thing about that was that he didn't even look at the wall before climbing it. He just knew it was there.

Jim Edmonds used to do that sort of thing in STL a lot.

Speaking of... he still has the most impressive play I've ever seen a CFer make, and it was like 15 years ago: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20005631&c_id=mlb

Running straight away from the plate, and diving towards the wall to catch it. Mind-boggling how difficult that is.

Thanks, Sia. She's a good kid and her mom is a single parent raising two kids so there's not a lot of money for extras. I just help out where I can. Besides, I adore the kiddo and we don't get to spend much time together.

It's hard to find the time to spend with the younger relatives. Good grief I have a ton! I wish I had more time to spend with my nieces and nephew, but cherish the time I do get with them. They're little and my own kid is is growing up so fast.

I know when my brothers take time to spend with my daugther she really loves it even if she sometimes acts "bored". LoL

WTH?

First the shooting in Colorado now a gunman in Wisconsin opens fire and kills six in a Sikh temple?

Jamie Varner and Joe Lauzon.. wow. Didn't get a chance to watch that last night, but what a fun thing to watch today.

WTH?

First the shooting in Colorado now a gunman in Wisconsin opens fire and kills six in a Sikh temple?

Might make me cynical and heartless, but I'm not really surprised or phased by things like that. People are violent and ruthless all the time. It's only the massive scale that gets everyone's attention. That's part of the reason they do it.

Might make me cynical and heartless, but I'm not really surprised or phased by things like that. People are violent and ruthless all the time. It's only the massive scale that gets everyone's attention. That's part of the reason they do it.

I would bet an entire paycheck that the guy just assumed that Sikhs are the same as muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back