Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet iced tea is the preferred cooling drink around here :) But don't put any lemon in mine, yeech.

I've become a fan of seltzer, soda water, with a twist of lemon and lime. I can generally get it most places I dine out now, particularly if they have a bar.

I've become a fan of seltzer, soda water, with a twist of lemon and lime. I can generally get it most places I dine out now, particularly if they have a bar.

What's 'seltzer'
sparkling Soda-water with a drop of fruit is most pleasant.
]Of course, when the sun's over the yard-arm, a drop of something is most pleasant.

What's 'seltzer'
sparkling Soda-water with a drop of fruit is most pleasant.
]Of course, when the sun's over the yard-arm, a drop of something is most pleasant.

Carbonated water (soda-water), HP. The name comes from the German Spa town of Selters, which bottled their naturally carbonated mineral spring water. Seltzer was an inexpensive alternative. It became crucial to the development of the American soft-drink industry. When I was a kid, our tenements were serviced by "the seltzer man" who delivered cases of the stuff in bottles with spigots to spray the pressurized soda water into a glass. It usually came with the family's choice of Fox's U-Bet Syrups. Chocolate was the favoured, and used extensively to make egg creams at home.

The sun is always over the yard-arm somewhere, HP, and I prefer a tumbler of Redbreast, with just a touch of ice.

Ah yes, memories of being introduced to West Virginia White Lightnin'. That stuff burns all the way down, tends to give you a headache, and in a pinch can be used as jet fuel. ;)

And it ain't limited to West Virginia.
I've had (suffered) some strange stuff from the Caribbean, and some real
'Farmers' Special' in Germany, back in the day.
An egg-cup full in your windscreen washer bottle in winter will ensure a very clean screen, even if it does involve some curious enquiries from the Feds.

And it ain't limited to West Virginia.
I've had (suffered) some strange stuff from the Caribbean, and some real
'Farmers' Special' in Germany, back in the day.
An egg-cup full in your windscreen washer bottle in winter will ensure a very clean screen, even if it does involve some curious enquiries from the Feds.

Rum? Flora de Caña 18 year old from Nicaragua.

Corn liquor? - There's a guy an hour south of me who's started his own micro-distillery and makes a good white lightnin' he calls Rusty Piton.

Last edited:
Rum? Flora de Caña 1 year old from Nicaragua.

Corn liquor? - There's a guy an hour south of me who's started his own micro-distillery and makes a good white lightnin' he calls Rusty Piton.

In honor of The Beverly Hillbillies, someone should name one "Dr. Granny's Tonic." :D

Fellow where I grew up... I'm sorry, let me say this as I hear it in my head...

Fella back home took to selling 'shine legal like too; calls his brand "Damn!"

Fellow where I grew up... I'm sorry, let me say this as I hear it in my head...

Fella back home took to selling 'shine legal like too; calls his brand "Damn!"

I've had some Apple -based stuff like that.
When asked to name it, the owner took a generous swig from a tooth mug and
it sounded like "Ah hh ".

Nobody dared light a cigarette for a few moments, mind.

I've had some Apple -based stuff like that.
When asked to name it, the owner took a generous swig from a tooth mug and
it sounded like "Ah hh ".

Nobody dared light a cigarette for a few moments, mind.

Wouldn't want to flambe your mustache, eh? ;)

Wouldn't want to flambe your mustache, eh? ;)

I got really tipsy after doing a flavored moonshine sampling-tasting thingy in a distillery once. It was a little embarrassing. :eek::eek: It all tasted pretty horrible except for the moonshine margarita wasn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back