Writing Goal for the Day?

Got some done, and will likely get a little more, and was asked about putting one of my stories for sale on a site. :) That boosts one's ego and gives some encouragement.

Congrats, and from the example of your work here very well deserved!

Got some done, and will likely get a little more, and was asked about putting one of my stories for sale on a site. :) That boosts one's ego and gives some encouragement.

Congratulations! That's great! :D

Well I sent two pieces off today - one for a regular publication and the other for a contest. Just my weekly column next and then hopefully some smut writing!

Well I sent two pieces off today - one for a regular publication and the other for a contest. Just my weekly column next and then hopefully some smut writing!

Good for you!

I've started reading your series, "The Deal," btw. Very much enjoying it so far. Is that something you're still working on? Or will you be writing anything similar in the future? :D

Good for you!

I've started reading your series, "The Deal," btw. Very much enjoying it so far. Is that something you're still working on? Or will you be writing anything similar in the future? :D

Thanks very much! I am still writing the series actually and have a ways to go yet. I love the characters and at this point they are writing it for me...this is the easiest I have every found writing; I'm very lucky.

I am playing around with several ideas in the erotica area. Actually, and very, very happily, since slave_ has moved in with me I'm bouncing ideas off of her and having her give me ideas as well. Working out very well - once again I am very, very lucky!

I finished your "Rediscovering My Mother." very interesting and well done.

Thanks very much! I am still writing the series actually and have a ways to go yet. I love the characters and at this point they are writing it for me...this is the easiest I have every found writing; I'm very lucky.

I know what you mean. What a great feeling. :)

I am playing around with several ideas in the erotica area. Actually, and very, very happily, since slave_ has moved in with me I'm bouncing ideas off of her and having her give me ideas as well. Working out very well - once again I am very, very lucky!

That's great. Very happy for you two!

I finished your "Rediscovering My Mother." very interesting and well done.

Thank you. I was a little concerned about how it would work as a stand alone, since it's a scene from the middle of the novel. But I guess it's been received about as well as could be expected, considering both that and the subject matter.

In addition to my ‘day job’ – which mainly involves writing and editing non-fiction – I try to write 500 words of fiction each day. I do this at least five days a week; sometimes seven days a week.

To some of you speedsters, 500 words may not sound very many. But I gather that was Graham Greene’s daily quota, and it worked out pretty well for him.

And now back to my day job.

OK, so I came up nine words short today. But that's OK. And there are still another couple of hours before the duvet beckons. :)

Another 1k in the can, total for the day 3k, and multiple wins.

Of course they all have to be edited...what a pain. Not the wins, the words.

I have my weekly column that is due Mondays to get in to the editor. I have two scenes from "Once Upon a Summer's Day" to get on" paper" and then I want to plot out my serious Summer Lovin' contest story. Finally, I would like to get a couple of hundred words down on my book. Thank God for summer vacations!!!!

Good luck to everyone else's goals for the day.

My goal for today is to revise 10-12k words of a novel that's on its second draft. But since I absolutely hate my own writing and revising often involves rewriting significant portions from scratch, that may be a bit too ambitious. :\

Got about 10k revised. Wrote several pages of entirely new material, as I figured I'd end up doing. But I think the story makes more sense now. Hopefully readers will agree. :)

Congrats! Best of luck in the contest.

Okay it's Monday and the first of August. And now I have a bit of a goal, so that helps. So I guess my writing goals for today are:

1. Continue editing Light and the Darkness for sale.
2. Write what I can on my next "reindeer" story.
3. Write what I can on my next hockey story.

All this around story time at the library, possibly going to the pool, and fixing meals, etc. And the likely argument with my 7yo about something. Yes, my days are full.

Okay it's Monday and the first of August. And now I have a bit of a goal, so that helps. So I guess my writing goals for today are:

1. Continue editing Light and the Darkness for sale.
2. Write what I can on my next "reindeer" story.
3. Write what I can on my next hockey story.

All this around story time at the library, possibly going to the pool, and fixing meals, etc. And the likely argument with my 7yo about something. Yes, my days are full.

At least it keeps you from being bored. Best of luck with the writing.

Got about 10k revised. Wrote several pages of entirely new material, as I figured I'd end up doing. But I think the story makes more sense now. Hopefully readers will agree. :)

very nice output! Great work.

At least it keeps you from being bored. Best of luck with the writing.

I wouldn't say it keeps me from being bored, but I suppose it does keep me moving. The problem now is dinner... what to fix, what to fix... should have grabbed one of those rotisserie chickens when I was at the store. Everything I have is frozen... sigh.

These are the kinds of details that are so difficult to work into stories...

Oh and I need to blog. I guess I should set that as a writing goal one day. Bleah.

Goal for today: (my day just started, will most likely end tomorrow morning at 6 or 7 am)

Write what I can when I can when the mood strikes, until then play games and cause trouble...damn, that's not really a goal. :eek:

Pushing to get my "The Indian Prince" reviewed and off to the publisher by tonight. Missed the July goal, as I wanted this out yesterday.

Last edited:
SA Penn Lady, you're a miracle. Love your work. Hope you reach all your goals.
My goal for yesterday was to send the completed Chapter 3 of my series "A New Birth of Freedom", the least-awaited new release of the decade, to long-suffering Grand Master dweaver999 for licensing. This I did.

All I have to write for today is my tax blog, which will deal with a fascinating topic of Federal income tax litigation. Anything less erotic it would be difficult to imagine.

But I have two stories to copy edit, one from SilkStockingsLover and the other from Grandmistress Lisa Jones. Those should make up for the income tax nod-out.

Pushing to get my "The Indian Prince" reviewed and off to the publisher by tonight. Missed the July goal, as I wanted this out yesterday.

But you didn't miss by much! For some of us, you're probably early. ;)

My goal? :D

Practice writing that little "essay" about families in imperfect and preterite tense in Spanish for tomorrow's test.

Done!

My goals for the present are reading books recommended by my favorite writers. Just finished APPOINTMENT IN SAMARRA by John O'Hara.

O'Hara is worth reading for a couple or three reasons: His dialogue is sublime and he's maybe the best ever at revealing character thru dialogue. He was a screenwriter who knew how to write a coherent/cohesive scene. And he was good at making readers care about the characters, even if the characters were brats.

One critic called O'Hara, THE REAL F. SCOTT FITZGERALD.

My goal for tonight is to re-revise what I revised last night. :eek:

Though this is already a third draft, I ended up writing some scenes from scratch, and I find myself thinking about how much these new scenes are missing. :\

Hope everyone else is doing well with their goals!

I have my weekly column that is due Mondays to get in to the editor. I have two scenes from "Once Upon a Summer's Day" to get on" paper" and then I want to plot out my serious Summer Lovin' contest story. Finally, I would like to get a couple of hundred words down on my book. .

Did my column but that was a no brainer as I like getting paid!! Wrote one scene for "Once Upon a Summer's Day." Not only did I plot out the other story for the Summer Lovin contest, slave_ gave me a lot of great ideas for it.

might work on the book later if I get a chance. Some house cleaning and then quality time with slave_ first!

Good luck to everyone else with his/her writing!

Back