Keep Throwing Things at It, Something Might Stick

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Republicans of every variant are throwing something into the media feed.

It reminds me of the trick that people play on dogs. Pretending to throw the ball. If the dog believes the thrower, the dog will guess at the direction the ball will land, or bounce.The dog will race to where the object should be.Pull the trick too many times, in a row ? The dog learns, or it does not.

The Republican conspiracy crazies are having a field day. Legitimate news media outlets are paying attention to them.

The Washington Post tossed out a ball-

"The dangerous and irresistible GOP conspiracy theory that explains away Trump’s Russia problem"


March 10, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...trumps-russia-problem/?utm_term=.2593ddfbddd2


Is it irresistible ?

I will confess. I ran after what I thought might be the ball.
 
It's like a DOS attack after a while. There's just too much.

And the really important stuff is getting lost in the fray.
 
Look! Squirrel!

Trump spoke on FOX TV to throw out another distraction.


Why would Emperor Carrot want to declassify secrets ?

"The CIA was hacked during the Obama administration."

Is this a Trump lie ? Is this a Trump joke ?

Did Trump pull this statement out of his arse ? Is this a Trump fishing expedition? Did Russia tell this to Trump ? Was it Russia that invaded the CIA ? Did that happen ?Or did Trump invent this out of thin air ?


According to the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), President Trump may have leaked classified material during an interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/...-democrat.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepAdamSc...128065/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepAdamSc...rc=twsrc^tfw

Hawaii spoiled his Tennessee rally headline. He had a nice squirrel lined up to distract from the Russiagate. Muslim Ban is not an effective squirrel.
 
He is such a cluster fuck. The entire republican establishment at this point in time is going to have a lot to answer for.

More people should have voted for the smart lady with the email. Give me her email "scandal" any day of the week to this clown car shit show.
 
For someone like Trump, the subject of credibility is a joke.It is a strange spectacle, to see Trump minions sent out to face cameras with defending Trump's credibility in mind.

They cannot admit that it is just another squirrel.


White House apologizes to Britain for false wiretapping allegations
No, British intelligence didn’t bug Trump Tower either

March 17, 2017


https://thinkprogress.org/white-hou...8?source=collection_home---7------1----------
 
I dream of the day DJT is frog marched through a perp walk in midtown Manhattan, to rousing chants of Lock Him Up.

He is such a cluster fuck. The entire republican establishment at this point in time is going to have a lot to answer for.

More people should have voted for the smart lady with the email. Give me her email "scandal" any day of the week to this clown car shit show.
 
Unintentional squirrel?


:confused:

The stupefying sequence of events began when Donald Trump announced to the media cameras early on Friday that he would be holding a veterans health care meeting at Mar-a-Lago in Florida. He then turned the his Veterans Administration Secretary, David Shulkin, and asked if he would be there. A surprised Shulkin shook his head no, suggesting that no one on Trump’s White House team had even bothered to tell the head of the VA about a meeting to discuss veterans.


Yet the meeting about veterans still stood on the schedule as Donald Trump flew to West Palm Beach on Friday afternoon, without the VA Secretary in tow. Apparently Trump was planning to meet with people such as the CEO of Marvel Entertainment to discuss veterans health care for inexplicable reasons. However, the Palm Beach Post ultimately reported on Friday evening that the meeting about veterans would not be taking place after all. To the best of anyone’s knowledge, Trump is using the trip – as per usual – simply to play golf.

https://www.palmerreport.com/politi...ils-invite-va-secretary-cancels-meeting/1966/


Schedules a meeting concerning veterans, days after announcing that he would cut Meals on Wheels, which feeds 500,000 veterans?*tip of hat to democracyusa2016

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/03/18/trump-just-invited-veterans-leaders-mar-lago-humiliated/

Is this why Trump screwed up the chance to throw a legitimate squirrel into the media feed?


You would think that with an increase of $54 billion in proposed defense spending, Trump might care for our vets over the military industrial complex. Even without the additional $54 billion, the US military spends the same as what the next eight countries spend combined.

So while Trump has no problem funneling more funds into an already bloated military budget, he couldn’t manage to allocate $1.4 billion— that’s only 2.5% of that $54 billion — to a successful program that feeds the very veterans that this country has forgotten. And, apparently, will continue to forget.


Snope has a clear picture, and answers=

http://www.snopes.com/trump-meals-on-wheels/



Would that not, make the meeting and discussion a bit awkward ? More golf for Trump! With another rich person, Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter.

Perlmutter donated $1 million to Trump during his presidential run last year, and was subsequently named to his Inauguration committee.


http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/03/18/trump-just-invited-veterans-leaders-mar-lago-humiliated/


Perlmutter and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft?


http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...h-love-for-supporters/7YcfOrsdEGoQlXQ8tMO4KN/
 
"Russian dressing!"

What an odd squirrel, chosen by Sean Spicer.

A convenient squirrel for Sean Spicer, was picking on a journalist that happened to be a woman.

April Ryan was well within her rights, to ask her questions.


Sean Spicer angrily dismissed inquiries about the matter Tuesday, declaring that "every single person who's been briefed on this, as I've said ad nauseam from this podium ... have been very clear that there is no connection between the president or the staff here and anyone doing anything with Russia." That goes for "Republican, Democrat, Obama appointee" and career civil servants, he added. They "have all come to the same conclusion."

THE FACTS: The matter is being investigated by the FBI and two congressional committees, so no conclusions have been reached at all.

A Russian mink seems to have latched onto Sean Spicer's earlobe. "Mink? What Mink?," he said.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89a...act Check/id-bebd2b4309f2484ea8e0a55e32fa8ed0


Emperor Carrot threw his very own squirrels in an effort to distract. A head scratcher. Hillary and Bill Clinton were well out of the picture.

March 29, 2017

Bill O'Reilly is using Maxine Waters to create squirrels to throw. After the non- apology, he returned to creating more squirrels to throw.


Maxine Waters is not having it. She will not play catch, with the squirrels that Bill O'Reilly is throwing.



https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/bill-oreilly-maxine-waters-apology.html?_r=0
 
Ivanka Trump throws an equality squirrel to distract from Emperor Carrot's rollback order that destroys equality.

(Removes paycheck fairness and transparency, and to allow rape, sexual aggression, sexual harassment to be swept under the rug by corporations that work for the federal government.)

Emperor Carrot's equality rollback order comes in, just as the biggest federal project begins. The bids for The Wall come out, today.

Emperor Carrot's Wall

Trump's supporter's biggest complaint is taxes.

Taxpayer's cash will be sent into a bottomless pit.

The Wall will be the ultimate Hog Trough for Corporations.

The biggest federal project we have, will have less protection for women, LGBT, and male victims, thanks to Emperor Carrot, Imperial President.

Design proposals for President Trump's wall along the U.S. border with Mexico are due today. Hundreds of companies have responded to the government's call for submissions, from major defense contractors like Raytheon to small construction firms


http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2017/04/04/border-wall-designs

Trump border wall proposals


"...some companies allowed us to see what they came up with before the due date."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...order-wall-designs-20170331-photogallery.html
 
Trump threw two squirrels to draw eyes away from the disharmony among the Republicans, and the growing loss of approval.

"Trump, who brought his own staff to cheer his C.I.A. speech, doesn’t like to leave such things to chance. Instead, the former reality-TV show host’s “town hall” involved gathering 50 C.E.O.s—two-thirds of whom hailed from Wall Street or the commercial real-estate industry and are hugely bullish on Trump—and forcing them to listen while White House staffers praised his apparently vast accomplishments.


"First Daughter Ivanka Trump naturally took part in the event."


" Trump used the 45-minute session to tell audience members, who included the chief executives of Citigroup, Blackstone, the New York Stock Exchange, Centerbridge Partners, and Paulson & Co., how he plans to make banking great again."


http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/trumps-fake-town-hall-was-like-a-bad-episode-of-veep


The false impression that all of the members of North America's Building Trades Unions are in love with Emperor Carrot, was promoted by snippets of videotape.

(Sort of sad, that all the group's cheering was voiced by the same few men, over and over, again. The CIA photo op, all over, again.)


"The resistance movement met Donald Trump head-on at North America's Building Trades Unions (NABTU) National Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C., Thursday, as protesters serenaded the president with a cacophany of boos. Demonstrators bearing placards were escorted out shortly thereafter."


The protesters included members of the IBEW Local Union 569, which represents 3,400 electrical workers in San Diego and Imperial Valley and the San Diego Building Trades Council.

http://www.alternet.org/activism/president-trump-booed-resistance-union-event
 
Samantha Bee: Ivanka Trump is not “your secret progressive buddy”

Well, of course not.

Ivanka is there to toss squirrels.

Ivanka's father is a dolt.

Emperor Carrot's main assignment is to distract with squirrels.

Putin caused trauma to America's psyche.

The truth came out in the wash, on Reagan.
Besides, all of the horseshit, it was done to help Ronald Reagan win the presidential election.

Fake, just like Reagan. The Republican machine sank that low.

George W. Bush. Oil money spoke, and, again, the Republican machine pulled the lowest trick, ever.

But, still, we gagged on it, and swallowed.

"For the good of our nation."

This last time, not only was there a disturbance in the force, there was a permanent scar.

A cry went up, all over the world.

"This cannot be !"

President Obama did not let even a ripple occur, on his watch.

The handover sent a message.

"For the good of our nation."
 
LOL I hope all you Libtards keep this up for the next four years or maybe even more, it is absolutely hilarious.
 
LOL I hope all you Libtards keep this up for the next four years or maybe even more, it is absolutely hilarious.

May only have to keep it up for a year and a half more. Now that everything can happen in the Senate on a simple majority, if the Trump administration continues as it is, there quite likely will be a Democratic majority in Congress in less than two years. But knowing that you are as nervous as you are that the opposition to Trump's administration is continuing is worth a laugh now.
 
America's well know satire site, The Onion, was thrown out into the media feed as a quick joke squirrel.


Jared Kushner was the butt of joke, in Congress and the Senate, and The Onion.


"Jared Kushner is working on his to-do list in his office"


"Admitting there was simply too much on his plate right now to bring stability to the fractious region by end of day Friday, Senior Advisor to the President Jared Kushner quietly moved the task “solve Middle East crisis” to his to-do list for next week, sources reported Tuesday. “Ushering in lasting peace across the Mideast is definitely still a big priority for me, but given everything else I’ve got going on right now, I’m just going to need to bump it to next week when I have a little more time on my hands,” Kushner reportedly said as he crossed out the task on his pocket day planner and rewrote it on the following page, acknowledging that he was just “too swamped” at the moment with policy reports and real estate development meetings to resolve the numerous wars, land disputes, and centuries-old ethnic and religious tensions that have long raged among the 350 million residents of the geopolitical hotspot."

http://www.theonion.com/article/jared-kushner-quietly-transfers-solve-middle-east--55639

gsgs comment- my very own satirical headline

Emperor Carrot admits that bombing an airport in Syria with 59 missiles was just a squirrel, meant to distract from persistent headlines that concern his connection with Putin.

(Was a very useful squirrel. It spawned dozens of other squirrels, concerning speculation about what the missiles had hit, and destroyed.Questions about the legality of bombing Syria, and Russia's reaction to the missile attack.)

/end gsgs comment

Unfortunately, a headline popped up, concerning Jared Kushner and Russia. It seems that the son in law forgot to list his connections to Russians, in his application for a security clearance...


https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-cause-or-consent-impetuous-trump-bombs-syria


Was this a pre- planned, pre- loaded squirrel?

President Donald Trump has quietly overseen an expansion in the administration’s war-making powers, giving the Department of Defense greater autonomy to conduct military operations independent of the White House.


[http://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...s-expansion-of-executive-war-powers-000387/B][/I]

http://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...rous-expansion-of-executive-war-powers-000387

Among the few anti-war voices presented on cable news, Phyllis Bennis, director of the New Internationalist Project at the Institute for Policy Studies, appeared on MSNBC and characterized Thursday night's attack on Syria as a "serious" and "dangerous escalation" by the United States.

According to Bennis, even if Trump had gone to Congress and received authorization, the bombings would still be illegal under international law. Without approval of the UN Security Council and absent a credil argument of self-defense.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-cause-or-consent-impetuous-trump-bombs-syria
 
He is such a cluster fuck. The entire republican establishment at this point in time is going to have a lot to answer for.

More people should have voted for the smart lady with the email. Give me her email "scandal" any day of the week to this clown car shit show.

Either way, we would lose..... Hillary's decisions and her ethics are highly questionable, and from what I have seen recently, the lady is NOT in good health, she can barely walk for Christ sake! but agree, what we have now is a shit-show.....if anything, I wish Trump would stop spending $10 million taxpayer dollars everytime he goes to Florida....that might be a good start. Also, while you're at it get rid of Bannon, get rid of his son-in-law, and stop tweeting.....among other things
 
Was this some kind of squirrel?


"WikiLeaks walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service," Mr. Pompeo said, speaking at a Washington think tank.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39597055

"It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is—a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," Pompeo said.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/mike-pompeo-wikileaks-russia


Pompeo was speaking, Thursday at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, in Washington, DC

Pompeo's remarks were particularly striking because Trump praised WikiLeaks during the campaign and repeatedly referenced the emails it made public. In other words, Pompeo was saying that his boss encouraged an entity he now considers "hostile" to the United States. Trump has repeatedly referred to the Russia scandal as a hoax, yet Pompeo's comments are predicated on the assumption there is nothing hoax-y about the Russian attack on the 2016 campaign.

Pompeo's attack on WikiLeaks was also a touch awkward given that during the 2016 campaign, he cited WikiLeaks to attack the credibility of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and the Democratic Party—which was just what Russia wanted. This led to an awkward moment in January, when Pompeo testified before the Senate Intelligence committee:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/13/pompeo-wikileaks-csis-hostile-intelligence-service/

Pompeo’s definition of a “true whistleblower” aside, he’s mad enough about this leaking business to propose a mostly fangless multi-pronged plan to combat Assange and his ilk.

First, he intends to “[call] out those who grant a platform to these leakers and so-called transparency activists” (we’re not quite sure what that means). Second, he wants to improve “internal mechanisms” for counterintelligence, to be “as clever and innovative as the enemies we face” (okay). Third, he proclaimed that “we can no longer allow Assange and his colleagues the latitude to use free speech values against us” (again, what this looks like in practice against a foreign entity is anyone’s guess). And lastly, he wants to deepen the trust between citizens and the CIA, which honestly is probably a good starting place!

in perhaps the most remarkable moments of Pompeo’s speech, he called the Washington Post and the New York Times “legitimate news organizations” and went on to cite criticism of Assange published on the Intercept, one of the most U.S. government-hostile publications of all. Because today is opposite day or a day to look strong on Russia but also those pesky “leakers” (except the ones who do you favors!) or a good day to cover your ass, or really we’re not sure why, it’s just what happened.
 
The base would eat roadkill. That's all it is.

But it will be interesting to see it play out if he gives Steve Bannon the heave ho. Bannon peeing out of the tent is a whole lot better for Trump than Bannon peeing into the tent. Bannon has the means to peal off a good slice of Trump's base and throw it at him.
 
I can't get past WTF and WTH on a daily basis. And then today, the mother of all bombs in Afghanistan (right?)after last week's 20% bomb in Syria. It's a toss-up between which side is salivating more over how "presidential" the Moron-in-Chief is. You can't make this shit up.
 
The explosive fuel is Tritonal, a mixture of four parts TNT to one part aluminum powder. The aluminum increases the destructive power the TNT would have on its own by almost 20 percent.

According to according to the military equipment site Deagel.com, One MOAB costs about $16 million, and 20 have been produced. That's about $320 billion so far - although this was widely shared via social media as the amount for one bomb.

The MOAB was first tested on 11 March 2003 at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.


http://www.dw.com/en/what-makes-moab-mother-of-all-bombs/a-38424257


I was curious about what was in the cloud, produced by MOAB.

"Thermobaric bombs like the MOAB scatter the explosive fuel like an aerosol, making it possible for them to ignite the surrounding atmosphere. "What it does is basically suck out all of the oxygen and lights the air on fire."

yikes
 
No mixing of business and leisure golf, for Emperor Carrot this weekend. No casual Palm Beach squirrels

The world is tossing squirrels at Emperor Carrot, this weekend.

A small, baby squirrel from AP news latched onto Emperor Carrot's ear. Someone scribbled CNN on it. Emperor Trump tried to toss a squirrel at the problem, in the form of a tweet.

This week, Earth Day brought out the crowds against Emperor Carrot's proposals.

Congress returns Tuesday from its spring recess.

Conversations with Supreme Court justices over dinner, will have to wait ? Something brewing for Thursday? Or, was that a squirrel ?

Threats to maim Obamacare through funding?

President Trump promised a "big announcement" this week on one of his signature issues -- tax reform.

But if you're looking for all the long-awaited details of his promised "massive tax cut" for businesses and individuals, you'll have to wait a while longer.

The White House now says that Trump simply "will be outlining principles for tax reform" during his much-ballyhooed Wednesday event.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...announcement-on-tax-1493037925-htmlstory.html

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/24/52533...ting-government-shutdown-but-trump-wants-more

The weekend ended with a bang. Monday, a conversation over the phone with Chhh-gina.

North Korea squirrels arrived in the form of another American taken (three hostages ?)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/world/asia/north-korea-trump-china-xi-jinping.html?_r=0

"We know that they’re capable of producing nuclear weapons because they’ve tested five times. And we know they have a lot of experience testing short- and medium-range missiles, missiles that could strike targets in South Korea and Japan. What North Korea has never demonstrated is the ability to carry out a long-range missile test and successfully deliver a payload, and that’s the big weakness or the big gap in their system. "


"The South Koreans have an election on May 9, and both of the candidates frankly are likely to have a less hard-line position than the current government, that of former President Park Geun-hye. So we’ll have to coordinate, as we always do, with the Koreans on a way forward. Then obviously President Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping have started to have a conversation about this issue, as well. I don’t think it’s possible, at this point, to predict whether the Trump administration will pivot to a negotiation strategy once they feel they have substantial bargaining leverage."

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/04/north-koreas-nuclear-threat/

Sean Hannity threw out a squirrel to make up for the missing Bill O'Reilly toss. The New York Times was the target.



https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/us/politics/donald-trump-white-house.html?_r=1

Former Fox News contributor Debbie Schlussel says Fox News host Sean Hannity tried to pressure her into accompanying him to his hotel room for sex, according to a bombshell report from KFAQ radio.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...dit-accuses-hannity-of-sexual-harassment.html


During her interview, Schlussel alluded to other instances of “not-above-board” behavior by Hannity and his male co-workers. She added: “This kind of stuff is all over the place at Fox News,” which, at this point, is pretty clear.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/04/former-fox-news-employees-say-fox-culture-enabled-oreilly.html


April 20, 2017
Former Fox Employees Say the Network’s Culture Enabled Harassment
 
Back
Top