Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

"Yes it will be ours..."

He trailed off as she leaned in against him and he smiled, softly he hummed an old lullaby, a song so old that its words have been forgotten. It was a very old woman who had taught him the tune. He placed an arm around her to keep her from falling over. As she fell asleep he looked out at the town and wondered what the future held for them. When he grew tired, he unwrapped himself, wrapped Samira into the blanket and carried her to her own bed. After tucking her in, he went to bed himself.
 
Waking in bed she curled there not really wishing to get up just feeling warm and relaxed a soft sigh the only thing escaping her as she curled tight beneath the blanket. How in the world did these people live in this horridly cold place.
 
deacon Frost

He was up already and preparing their things as she woke up, he smiled at her sigh and a mischivious plan crept into his mind. He crept up to her and leaned in close to her exposed face, then he gently kissed her. His mind was so focused on teasing her, that he did not realize that he could feel her, of course the feeling of the gentle kiss penetrated his mind, but the tenderness fell away under the playfulness of his mind.
 
She looked to him confused. A brow raised at his kiss as she slowly stood from the bed watching him.

Why did you do that Deacon?
 
Deacon Frost

He grinned at her,

"Well did it not get your sleepy bum out of bed? You have to admit that it is much better than cold water."

He chuckled,

"Good morning Samira, breakfast is ready."
 
She laughed a little but still it puzzled her. She walked over to the table to eat.

Yes much better.

She smiled to him softly.
 
Deacon Frost

He sat down with her, sipping first his sweet tea and then getting the bread, cheese, ham and a apple from between them. He started to eat,

"At least it stopped snowing, I'm sure that we will find the travel in to Moscow slightly easier now."
 
I prefer the sandstorms of home to this deathly thing you call snow.

She took a piece of bread and began to eat.
 
Deacon Frost

"Aye, both are equally deadly, choking, blinding and disorientating, the only difference is that you can die of thirst in a sandstorm and of cold in a snowstorm."

He chewed thoughtfully on the apple,

"Samira, this may seem like a strange question, but did you feel anything when I kissed you?"

He was reflecting on something and it was starting to bother him.
 
She was puzzled by his words but thought on it for a moment.

Safe... warm...happy

She hoped her answer was acceptable she was unsure lately. Something was changing with him but what she did not know.
 
Deacon Frost

He smiled softly at her words and nodded, then he continued to eat. He kept the rest of their conversation light and helped to clean up when they were both done. As the dismal sun shone down on the white washed world he led his horse as they made their way to town.
 
She glanced around them warily but her eyes always seemed to fall back to him and then to the town. This venture was a little scary to her but he was there with her and for whatever reason had kissed her so she did feel a little safer now as they traveled closer still to this Moscow.

Will whatever place we find work be warm enough for my usual dancing clothes?
 
Deacon Frost

He looked over at her and grinned,

"Still one to reveal the body that men want and women envy?"

He chuckled and looked back to the nearing town,

"Yes I believe we would, as you saw, they have ways of heating their buildings, so I'll make sure that it is warm enough for you my little Desert Rose."
 
Are you saying I should not dance then? It is the only dances I know...

She laughed but was curious if he was getting jealous or possessive and over protective of her in this way... another strange thought concerning him.

Well then if you do not wish me to dance any more then I guess it will not matter now will it. She winked and leaned down to kiss his cheek softly.
 
Last edited:
Deacon Frost

He smiled at her,

"Well what else can you do to the sound of music?"

He grinned, but the humor did not reach his eyes,

"You can always sing for us you know."

He was confused as he looked away down the road, he had felt that. Her kiss on his cheek, and with it came a range of feelings that he had not experienced for...years
 
Talk to me Deacon... there has been a change in you... I do not know if I should be worried or pleased

She watched him her hand reaching to his as they moved even closer to the city.
 
Deacon Frost

He took her hand in his, giving it a squeeze through the thick, warm gloves they both wore,

"I am just glad to be with you again Samira, I had thought that I had lost you forever when I woke up in a pool of my own blood with the only the little book and your bags to remind you by. So I am glad to be with you again, the only friend I have."
 
And you are afraid if I dance that another will try to take me away?

She pulled for the horse to stop and hopping down she was a tad tired of riding and needed a short break. reaching a hand to guide his face so she could look into his eyes she smiled to him.

We can not worry about what could happen if we do then we will cause it to happen...

Using what he had done earlier she leaned up and kissed him softly before moving to walk around a little.
 
Deacon Frost

He was worried about her words, so much that he did not realize that she had kissed him.

"No not really, I just..."

He sighed and held the two horses, he looked down to the snow.

"I can not cope with more loss."
 
You will not... we are cursed together we will always be bound together.

She watched him and tried to lift his face to see his eyes.
 
Deacon Frost

He turned his head to her and smiled,

"Yes we are, we will have to stick together as much as we can."
 
SO now do we continue to Moscow?

She smiled watching his eyes she was sure she saw something lurking deep in them perhaps hidden even to him or it could be nothing but shimmers from all this infernal ice and snow around them
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled,

"Indeed we can."

He helped her back into the saddle and got on to his own horse. An hour later they entered the little town, with Deacon leading the way, they made their way to the town elder's home. After negotiations and a few disagreements the deeds to land and a building was given to them. Of course it did not come cheap and Deacon paid all he had left, he led Samira to the single story house and once they were inside, he started to explore. It was a bit dirty, but he knew that it wouldn't take much to clean and get into working condition.

"Well Samira, this will be our home for some time, what do you think?"
 
She slowly walked around studying this place that was now their home. Curious at some of the decor and furnishings.

It will be fine... We can remain warm here and safe

She paused near a window and turning looking to him she smiled.
 
Deacon Frost

"For now we will have to live off the rations we have left, when we are settled in and the people comes to us, then we can start tot make our money and buy food."

He pulled off his gloves and picked up a discarded cloth, with it he polished the wood of a table and the surface that emerged was well worn, but also well cared for.

"Dust is all there is it seems, though where it comes from in this snow I would like to know."
 
Back
Top