Writing Goal for the Day?

Ah, a new day and I see writing time in my future. I'm a happy camper.
 
Shared on a different thread.

Writing? - Ha, not today. :rolleyes:

Today is gonna be a busy one. Starting out this morning, being the Taxi for my own kids as well as other peoples'. Then music performances in both instrumental and vocal, followed by grabbing the niece and great-niece on my way back from the various events above, taking her to check out a possible used vehicle to replace her POS and then home to a crock-pot meal of Beef Stew and making chocolate cookies and other various yummy things for Super Bowl! :D
 
I've spent the week working on my latest submission for the Anal category. Each new day brings new edits to the new story. It's my usual system. I've easily written twice the 2,771 word count and there's so much I like about the story so far. Cute, smart nineteen year old with a crush on her boss, twice her age. I like the banter between them, but 2500+ words of banter? I'm not writing a damn novella, though it's aimed that way right now.

Personally, I like a good build-up to the sex. I like for the sex to feel inevitable. My philosophy is, if you're writing a sex story, each word should build to the sex - making it more convoluted, risky, romantic, whatever. So, this morning, I'm looking at the story and thinking I need to redo it. Not because the words don't lead to the sex, but because I wanted another "fast and dirty" story. If the selling point of the story is the sex act, then spending two thirds of the story leading up to the sex scene feels wrong.

Writing goal today? Hack, hack, hack!
 
You have no idea what I mean JB. Go take your meds, you're a quart low.
 
No writing yesterday, which was no surprise. Too tired all around, really. Maybe today. And the hockey games are on early which could mean a chance this evening.
 
Been fighting the flu all week and worked a ton of overtime while doing it. Fell asleep at 8 last night and still woke up feeling like I'm half dead.

I have to work 9-1 and when I get home I'll see if I can focus enough to write, but I'm thinking today could be a crash day.
 
Been fighting the flu all week and worked a ton of overtime while doing it. Fell asleep at 8 last night and still woke up feeling like I'm half dead.

I have to work 9-1 and when I get home I'll see if I can focus enough to write, but I'm thinking today could be a crash day.

Sounds like it should be. Feel better soon.
 
Thank you, I need to rest up for what most likely will be one stress filled nail biting Superbowl tomorrow night.

Oh, is that the big football game or whatever I've heard about? Hahaha, kidding. I will watch, but there is no stress involved for me.
 
Get to where I can look at the word processor without sighing. My motivation today is dead in the water at the worst possible time :p
 
Luckily I've had a fairly productive day. Did some final touch edits on 8 chapters, and started writing a plot I've had put to the side for the last month.

Hoping to finish up some blog posts and continue writing for the rest of the day.
 
PennBoy isn't quite over his virus, although I think he will be by tomorrow. Mr Penn has taken PennGirl out for a bit, PennBoy is playing MarioKart and I'm watching hockey. Might get some writing done, might crochet. We will see.
 
I was kicked out of the house this afternoon to give 1) the Spawn the internet connecttion and 2) so he and his mother hahaha could clean the house. I would be under foot, being in the way.

So I sit in a BUSY Starbucks trying to write ANYTHING, but being distracted rather often by so called mature adults asking if they could use my table.
 
I came across a picture in my collection today. One I've looked at a hundred times. This time, three plot bunnies jumped out and mugged me. Guess what I'm writing. :D
 
I may get a teeny bit of writing done, if I do it write now before anyone wakes up this morning. I realized I'm only 18 submissions (poems/stories) away from having 400 submissions here at Lit., under the name RedHairedandFriendly, but if you count the other names I've submitted under, but no longer use I would only be 7 away from 400. (8 for Dark_and_Red - 2 for Babette_____ - 1 for RedHeadandFriendly (I think that's the other name). :confused: :rolleyes: :D
 
It's going to be a cold and wet day here at work so I'm staying inside where it's nice and dry and warm. I should have plenty of writing time over the next two days. Now, if the Muse will just cooperate.
 
As we somewhat expected, PennGirl now has the virus. At least it was Sat night, so being up from 3-6am wasn't so bad and allowed a little sleep-in time. Bleah.
 
Well, while waiting for my last submissions to be approved (one seems stuck on 18 views, the other on 28 views - did I commit a major faux pas by submitting stories for review on neighboring days?) I'm now on version three of my latest story and by participating in this forum, I made a realization about myself:

For years, I thought of myself as a lazy writer when I write for free (for Lit or the various incarnations of my journals and blogs in the past). If I wasn't getting paid, then I'm writing for myself and it's nothing more than a writing exercise; a bit like how masturbating is nothing more than an exercise in orgasms - fun, gratifying, but ultimately rather meaningless.

I know I'm lazy about editing or re-writing the "free" stuff. I know I'm a competent writer, better than most amateurs. So, if I'm doing it mostly "for myself," then I'm not doing much more than masturbating on cam (to milk an analogy).

Sure, I self-edit a lot while writing. I'll go back and change things, catching a few grammar mistakes along the way; but mostly, I'm bullying my muse to get to the end of a damn story - tell the fucker and be done with it. Outlines? Those are for pussies. Major re-writes? Save that effort for the "I want to get paid" submissions.

However, in an self-actualizing Epiphany, I realize I care a lot more about these damn stories than I thought. (Who knew?)

So, the goal was a quick little anal tale around 3000 words. That's still the goal. But now I'm on my third major re-write and I can loosely report that I've written closer to 10,000 words in an effort to find the 3000 words I want to submit.

Thanks AH forum. Epiphanies are always fun.
 
Ducky, those 18-28 views are a glitch here at Lit. Most likely spiders and bots picking through things. Google is by far the worst for it. It can climb as high as 63.

On the subject of your epiphany: The way to look at it is, Lit is a good place to improve your writing if you take it seriously. Also, if you package these little stories right and post them on Amazon and other places, you can make a few bucks.

So far, so good on writing today. Half of one new story finished and mental outlines of the other two in my head. Now if the Muse will just cooperate.
 
Writing is once again highly unlikely today with a sick PennGirl -- not just b/c she's not feeling well, but b/c Mr Penn and I had our sleep interrupted in a big way from about 2:30-6am with her being sick. Poor thing. She couldn't even keep water down a little while ago. I hope that's the worst of it.
 
Writing is once again highly unlikely today with a sick PennGirl -- not just b/c she's not feeling well, but b/c Mr Penn and I had our sleep interrupted in a big way from about 2:30-6am with her being sick. Poor thing. She couldn't even keep water down a little while ago. I hope that's the worst of it.

I take it you have some Pedialyte?(not sure I spelled that right) if you don't shake up a coke to get the gas out and let her sip on it. That's really good for the stomach, in fact they sell the coca cola syrup in some pharmacies.
 
Back
Top