What is the best comment you've ever gotten?

EverLux

Literotica Guru
There are a lot of new writers in AH (including myself), and while preparing them for the inevitable haters--or vitriolic spewers of venom, if you're posting in LW, apparently--it might be nice to show them that readers can be nice people, too.

So, what's the best comment you've ever gotten?

At the risk of appearing self-masterbatory, I'll start.
From a very kind Anon:

"This was absolutely disgusting, especially the bathroom scene, but it was so damn well written I gave you 5*!"

Two different comments on the same essay, sent by email, told me they had decided not to commit suicide that night after reading it. Wish I still had those emails but I'll never forget it.

Two different comments on the same essay, sent by email, told me they had decided not to commit suicide that night after reading it. Wish I still had those emails but I'll never forget it.

That's definitely the kind of thing that sticks with you.

Which story?

The best comment I ever received came as a PM from another site member. I won't post it or reveal this person's identity, but it made me walk around like I was an inch or so off the ground for the next few days. :)

"you cheeky, gorgeously wicked bitch. I see what you did there, and I love it."

I laughed for ages over that.

The best comment I ever received came as a PM from another site member. I won't post it or reveal this person's identity, but it made me walk around like I was an inch or so off the ground for the next few days. :)

A compliment from another writer--especially one you respect--is pretty much the best thing ever. :)

A compliment from another writer--especially one you respect--is pretty much the best thing ever. :)

This is exactly what I think too. I will always feel good about this comment, partly because it was from a writer I admired so much:

by Colleen Thomas
10/04/05

Rarely

Do I read a story where the character has a psychosis that remains consistent. This carries the hallmark of a true crime story and with it, the same chilling edge. A step outside your norm Box, but IMHO, a triumph in the way you pushed your won boundaries.

Much luck to you.

This same story had similar comments fro several of the best writers, but was mainly panned by Anymouse.

I think my favorite type of comment are the ones where the reader gets what I was aiming for, even if they don't care for it.

I think this is still the best and its five years old from my train wreck incest series

"Sibs with benefits: Too dark, too close to reality in its starkness and suffering. I.E., maybe well written but certainly no longer erotic, and indeed not something I wish to continue reading"

Loved it then, still love it now. SWB flew in the face of the stroky or happy happy joy joy frolicking incest story. It was all out brutal dealing with child abuse, sexual abuse, drug addiction, mental illness and several scenes of brutal violence and features the only rape scene I've ever written and it made me sick to do it

I had no clue when I started it here that it was the total opposite of anything the incest crowd wanted and the vote totals showed. Upper chapters were lucky to see 50 votes while things like "Hey, sis has boobs" was getting hundreds of them.

I even had a couple of popular incest authors contact me and ask me what the hell was I thinking?

So that comment nailed it. The fact it was coherent and not rude, helped as well.

I've had some "this was a great story" comments and I love getting those, but I'm not gonna quote them here, feels too much self-promo.

I guess my favourites are the ones that tell me I expanded somebody's horizons: "I'm not into F/F but...", "Usually, if a story here winds on too long with no risqué material in sight, I stop reading...", "Coming from a country where muslims are considered enemies... I find it interesting to note my changing reaction over reading the story..."

And this one made me chuckle: "I didn't think it was possible to be turned on and scared shitless at the same time."

I wrote my first short story to test the waters and was hoping not to get crucified . I didn't see any comments and was wondering if anyone had even read it. Later I received pm's from two separate female readers (shall remain anonymous) that said my story made them "wet." Now that is about as an encouraging compliment as I could have hoped for !

Last edited:
I remember one comment a guy told me one time. He said," Holy shit, you're not a real woman?"

I said," No, but if I were, would you have still said the things to me that you said earlier?" Hahaha👠👠👠🙀Kant

I wrote my first short story to test the waters and was hoping not to get crucified . I didn't see any comments and was wondering if anyone had even read it. Later I received pm's from two separate female readers (shall remain anonymous) that said my story made them "wet." Now that is about as an encouraging compliment as I could have hoped for !

I was talking with an author from another erotica site and we were talking about the good/bad comments we get.

He had a great reply to all the bashing ones that he gets from guys. He said "They're just pissed because my stories get their wives hotter than they can."

I was talking with an author from another erotica site and we were talking about the good/bad comments we get.

He had a great reply to all the bashing ones that he gets from guys. He said "They're just pissed because my stories get their wives hotter than they can."

I would have said something to my haters like," Your just jealous I look better than your wife/ girlfriend dressed as a woman with a dick swinging between my legs." Hahađź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant

What I enjoy is when Pilot and Lovecraft whine, YOU DIDNT DO THAT, YOURE LYING.

It's even better to read her saying she had to get out her dildo. :D

Last edited:
i quite enjoyed this one:

PUKE CITY

geronimo_appleby is a 15 year old faggot whose favorite activity is munching fresh dog turds while his father fucks him up the ass.

Loved it then, still love it now. SWB flew in the face of the stroky or happy happy joy joy frolicking incest story. It was all out brutal dealing with child abuse, sexual abuse, drug addiction, mental illness and several scenes of brutal violence and features the only rape scene I've ever written and it made me sick to do it

Jesus! Way to ruin incest! How were you not banned from posting in that category? You're not supposed to delve into the possible realistic implications and consequences of incest, you freak.

i quite enjoyed this one:

PUKE CITY

geronimo_appleby is a 15 year old faggot whose favorite activity is munching fresh dog turds while his father fucks him up the ass.

Oo--thanks for giving me an idea for my next story. Only, the faggot will be 18, of course.

One of my best:

I'm impressed
02/09/04 By: Anonymous in Sunnydale
I'm a married female in her 30's, currently on anti-depressants that made my sex drive go fron 55mph to maybe 5 at best. (With my husband using every trick in the book--so to speak--at once).
That was well written, imaginativet , and sexy. Plus, I think someone just FLOORED the gas pedal to the metal. Thanks. I needed that. Writer? Try to publish! You can do it.

That was on Bagged at the Opera - one of my less well regarded stories. It obviously worked for one person.

On The Worst Chain Story Ever Chap 01:

Oh happy joy!!!!!
01/05/04 By: [name removed]
Loved it!!! Bless your heart, it was a delight! I was laughing so much I had to send my husband a link to the story, as he was wondering why I was giggling so insanely on an erotica site. Life is good, good, GOOD!!!!!!

Just got this one, short and not so sweet, but....effective

by Anonymous
07/17/16
Made me into a dripping fool

Excellent!

In terms of recent comments, that more story matched their fantasy, or in another comment, that people "acted out" my story, as in reading it aloud and acting out the characters.

I've gotten a good comment and or email on just about every story, no matter how bad the story was. But I think my favorite was one of the few comments made on the very first story I posted her.

It was a long comment, and it detailed a few things he didn't like, as well as what he did like. The best part was at the end of the comment where he said that even though there were subjects within the story that he normally didn't like, the story was good enough that he enjoyed it.

I clicked on his name and it turned out he was an author here on lit, with lots of stories to his credit. To me that made it a much more important comment. It was a critique that encouraged me to continue writing.

Back