Fallout RPG OOC

I've never played the game Fallout but I've Role played it enough to fit in. Would you want a character Bio sent by PM?
 
No, you could post it here. I will write one myself if anyone else shows an inrerest.
 
Alright I'll think about my character and really flesh it out with a detailed Bio.
 
I will work on a bio. It may be until Thanksgiving though, since I am working long days today and tomorrow.
 
Marcus Williams:

Marcus Williams has a lanky fellow with long, lean muscles and the strides of a panther. He carried neither gun nor knife, but was a ready hand with his feet and fists. His leather trousers and heavy cotton shirt were all that he possessed in the world, except for a few bottle caps in currency and a bed roll. His skin was a creamy chocolate and his thick black hair was worked into dreadlocks. He had startlingly blue eyes, despite his African American features.

Marcus grew up in a rather violent tribe of drug abusing degenerates, but he always longed for another life. Abused physically and verbally, his childhood was a tough trial. He learned quickly how to avoid blows and deliver them as well.

Only few days ago, at the tender age of eighteen, he slunk away by night, to escape the clannish life of his tribe. There was no one left for him there, after his older sister had been beaten, raped and then killed by a gang of the older boys. They had forced him to watch. He had sworn then an there to find another life for himself. Surely there were some people out there who did not life like this!
 
Last edited:
Colt Jackson

5'11'' Black hair, cold green eyes, tan complexion, not the biggest soldier but tough, a true survivor if there ever was one. Ex Marine charged for striking an Officer. He didn't regret beating the hell out of his commanding Officer Reeves Montero, taking out refugees was beneath the Marine code of honor. The tribunal was a relatively short one, the verdict was an obvious one dishonorable discharge.

Before he could be escorted off base, he knocked out the three MP guards hiding them in a cargo container. Stripping one of the guards he put on his MP uniform, using to security card he broke into the weapons facility. Gathering his personal gear he was fully outfitted for survival, rips the insignia patches from his field uniform angrily.

Loading a transport vehicle with survival supplies, he climbed behind the wheel drives to base gate. Showing his falsified identification the to tired guard, he ran it through the scanner passing for a Lt. Dunn. Outside the base perimeter Colt went off road into stealth mode, driving into the setting sun toward the Wasteland compound he knew of with ex military.
 
Last edited:
Sounds good. I like your bio. It will work with a little modification. I am on my lunch.
 
It will be based loosely on the Fallout games. There is not much gas, so you will have to hoof it a lot. There is the NCR, New California Republic, an imperialistic but democractic society with an organized and uniformed military. I recommend that you come from there. I will write more about them later. There are small independent Towns, slowly being taken over by the NCR. There are truely tribal groups, trade unions (such as the largest caravan company The Crimson Caravan). The big bad guys are Ceaser's Legion who are organized like the ancient Roman army. They keep slaves, crucify people and other unpleasantries. Then there is the highly technological Brotherhood of Steal which is a close knit clan dedicated to restoring prewar weapons technology, all in the name of "peace".

I will write up a story start tonight and use a wikki to copy over enough information to give you the main ideas. I am not trying for a cannon universe, so there are no "mistakes".

My introductory post should give you a good feel for the world.
 
I like that you're not going with the cannon, definitely gives everyone the ability to be more creative.
 
Fallout Factions

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, WHICH I DID NOT CREATE MYSELF, IS FOR BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE GAME ONLY. FEEL FREE TO WRITE ANYTHING YOU WISH! CREATE NEW FACTIONS, CASINOS, TRIBES AND TOWNS AS YOU SEE FIT.

I DID NOT WRITE ABOUT THE SUPER MUTANTS. THEY ARE INTELLIGENT SEVEN FOOT TALL HULKS WHO LIVE IN HIGHLY RADIATED AREAS AND LOVE USING LARGE SLEDGE HAMMERS AND HEAVY MACHINE GUNS.


(I am quoting here directly from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout:_New_Vegas for all of the following factions. We can also make up tribes and factions.)

Caesar's Legion


My Legion obeys me, even unto death. Why? Because they live to serve the greater good, and they know of no alternatives.
”— Caesar, Fallout: New Vegas

Caesar's Legion is an autocratic, ultra-reactionary, utilitarian slaver society, founded in 2247 by Edward Sallow (also known as Caesar) and Joshua Graham and based on the ancient Roman Empire. Its legionaries are a well organized, culturally insular fighting force that mainly operate east of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon, in the former state of Arizona. Ever pushing east, their capital is the city of Flagstaff.

Caesar's Legion is comprised mostly of reconditioned tribes and their descendants. The Legion's symbol is a golden bull on a red field, which is derived from Julius Caesar's standard for the Tenth Twin Legion.

All territory east of the Colorado River is recognized as Caesar's land, an area indisputably under the control of the Legion and agents acting on Caesar's behalf.

The Legion is first and foremost a slave army, the sole owner of which is Caesar. As Caesar conquers the peoples of the wasteland, he strips them of their tribal identities and merges them into his forces. There is no other tribe than the Legion itself.

Women are given the role of, essentially, support corps. Caesar specifically forbids women from fighting, instead using them as caretakers, healers, midwives, and breeders to support the Legion's continuous campaign of expansion. Almost all members of the Legion express condescending and downright misogynistic opinions of women and their non-combat roles.


Further Information Can Be Found Here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caesar's_Legion
 
Last edited:
New California Republic

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic (There is more complete information at this website, but here is enough to get a feel for it.)

The New California Republic (NCR) is a democratic federation based in California, with holdings in Nevada, Oregon, Mexico (Baja) and along the Colorado River. The NCR emphasizes many old world values, such as democracy, liberty, and the rule of law. It also strives to restore order and progress in the wasteland, though it has faced difficulty living up to those standards. It's flag shows a two headed bear on a white field with a red star in the left hand corner.

The NCR is a democratic federation, modeling itself on the government of pre-War United States. The government is divided into three branches: legislative, executive and judicial. The legislative branch is the Congress, staffed by representatives elected by their states and senators, forming two houses: House of Representatives and the Senate. The Congressmen use a variety of titles: "Councilor," "Counselor," "Councilman," "Representative," and "Senator." In particular, the Hub (in its own obstinate way) prefers to call their representatives "Governors." The executive branch is the Republic council, headed by the President and Vice-President. The President and Vice-President are elected by NCR citizens, with advice from the Congress. Last, the judicial branch comprises courts and judges ruling in accordance with NCR's adapted version of American common law.

The NCR's military is composed of several Divisions, including special cavalry and mechanized units. In addition, many of their major cities are protected and patrolled by heavily armed police officers. One of their Special Forces units consists of the New California Rangers, a select group that is pledged to protect the people of the Wastes much like the Texas Rangers of old. The Rangers are said to have numerous safehouses throughout the wastes, and they use these to strike at slavers outside of NCR territory (usually in the North). As expected, the two groups hate each other with a passion. NCR was also in the habit of establishing marshals in the major population centers in their territories, responsible for enforcing the laws of NCR throughout the Republic. Ghouls, super mutants, and humans were all known to serve in the NCR armed forces. The NCR gained access to a limited number of Vertibirds from their battle with the Enclave over Navarro, along with the Brotherhood of Steel.

Although diverse, the NCR military is mostly composed of their regular troopers who are characterized by their tan uniform, wide-brimmed helmet, goggles and armed with a standard service rifle. These soldiers are the image often associated with the NCR and are commonly seen in both pro and anti NCR propaganda.

The NCR initially had great success in the Mojave Wasteland, setting up several bases and even an embassy on The Strip. The front line of the new conflict between the NCR and Caesar's Legion moved towards the Colorado River. The Legion attacked the NCR with its full strength during the First Battle of Hoover Dam. The NCR was forced to retreat, but lured the Legion into a trap at Boulder City and was able to retake the Dam. After their defeat, the Legion regularly conducted raids on the west side of the Colorado, even creating permanent bases at Cottonwood Cove and sacking towns like Nipton and Nelson with little response from the NCR.
 
Their insignia is an upright sword over a field of gears.

The Brotherhood of Steel is a quasi-religious organization operating across the ruins of post-war North America, with its roots stemming from the American military and the government-sponsored scientific community from before the Great War.

The Brotherhood of Steel is a neo-knightly order that rose from the ashes of the United States military in the years following the Great War of 2077. The organization's tenets include the eradication of mutants and the veneration of technology. In recent decades, the Brotherhood has become quite stingy in regards to sharing advanced technology with their fellow Wastelanders, whom they generally consider too ignorant and irresponsible to deserve such technology. The Brotherhood has been known to trade their technology with frontier communities and the NCR, but more often than not, tends to keep the more advanced material to themselves.

Although the Brotherhood has always been portrayed as aloof, as time went on more negative aspects of their beliefs have been increasingly emphasized as their power has decreased. Originally they stood for relatively benign goals of preservation. Indeed, in one of the possible endings in Fallout; they voluntarily reintroduce technology, engage in novel research, and actively help the wasteland. Later, in Fallout Tactics, the Midwestern faction eventually would go on to become a near-fascist state, but only if a specific ending is chosen in which this faction assumes the new leadership of a prejudiced General Barnaky. A different ending involves the Midwestern Brotherhood working together with the humans and non-humans of the Midwestern wasteland for the greater good, and create a post-apocalyptic utopia (however, it should be noted that none of the endings of Fallout Tactics has yet been assumed as canon, and so is open to speculation). By the time of Van Buren/New Vegas the main Brotherhood is strongly paranoid, it not only seeks to preserve technology, but actively remove it from outsiders, is disinterested in nonmilitary assets, and engages in little if any work to actually improve their tech. Much of the Brotherhood's belief system is enshrined in a document known as the Codex, which acts as an important source of information on regulations and rules that members must adhere to. The East Coast Brotherhood is different from the West Coast, seeming to want to help others instead of collect vital technology, but this created a faction focused entirely on collecting tech in the east, the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts.

The Brotherhood is mostly composed of the descendants of those military officers, soldiers, and scientists, but aside from some outsiders among their ranks, the Brotherhood is as close to pure-strain humanity (prime normals) that may be found outside of a Vault or the Enclave.

The ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel are generally recognized as being composed of the best and the brightest remaining to humanity, which means the BoS is a relatively small organization, at least compared to the New California Republic. They make up for this with their frightening arsenal of pre-and-post-Great War technology: they have laser weapons, power armor, surgical cybernetic enhancements, combat implants, and Brotherhood Paladins have the ability to erase an entire town from the map without a scratch. The vast majority of BoS members are born into the Brotherhood - they very rarely accept outsiders into their ranks. While not an official policy, many members believe that in order to survive, all members are obligated to procreate. This results in a lack of tolerance for same-sex relationships, at least when the proponents of the aforementioned stance are concerned. Those born in the Brotherhood that want to be neither Scribes, Knights nor Paladins are free to leave - the Brotherhood does not believe in forcing anyone to serve them against their will. Although, members who decide to leave the Brotherhood will face the punishment of death for sharing any medical or scientific knowledge they have acquired with any outside faction.

While they have great reverence for technology, most of the Brotherhood members have little regard for non-technical fields of knowledge (and even for non-combat-related technology). Even most of the Scribes do not care about history, and some Brotherhood of Steel Initiates do not even know who Roger Maxson, the founder of the Brotherhood, was.

These are the guys with the best power armor and armaments.
 
Others

The Followers of the Apocalypse, or simply the Followers, are a faction based in the Core Region, and have established their presence in the Mojave Wasteland. Their goal is to tend to the inhabitants of the wasteland, as well as to ensure that the horrors of the Great War are never to be repeated. To that end, they serve as keepers of knowledge, a position which provides them with the skills they need to carry out their mission.

Forgoing preaching in favour of humanitarianism, the Followers are generally welcomed by the inhabitants of the wasteland. Wherever they go, the Followers seek to provide services to those in need, namely medical care and agricultural instruction. Those in positions of power often regard them as seditious anarchists; though such accusations are not entirely without truth, the organization as a whole has no interest in seizing power.

The Followers of the Apocalypse readily assist those who require aid, and welcome anyone who wishes to join their ranks, including former members of the Enclave. Although pacifists by nature, the Followers will not hesitate to defend themselves against attackers, and will take up arms against those who threaten their ideals.

The Khans are a tribe of brutally vicious and semi-organized raiders with a culture based around the basic tenets of Social Darwinism. They are one of the more formidable of the four groups (Khans, Vipers, Jackals, and the community of Shady Sands) that originated in Vault 15. Most wastelanders view the Khans as the founders of the chem trade. They are also known to make jet, psycho and many other addictive chems. Their main base in 2161 was located southeast of Shady Sands. At least twice, the Khans have suffered a brutal near-defeat, but, "like a Phoenix", the group has always managed to rise again from its ashes.

The Khans once lived the lifestyles of one of the Mongol warriors; raiding towns, burning what they cannot take, and capturing survivors for use as slaves. Their main targets were the communities of Shady Sands, with whom they once shared a vault, and Junk Town. By 2281, they have been reduced to making and trading chems to the local group of Fiends. They usually travel in small scouting bands, but sometimes roam the wastes in full war parties. The Khans, above all else, respect strength. They are eager in combat to prove their worthiness to the clan by engaging in hand to hand combat with fists or clubs. Though the Khans prefer melee weapons to firearms, some will carry pistols and other varieties of small arms. Some of them are said to have worn tire armor.
 
Major Location: New Las Vegas

The Strip is the heart of New Vegas, where Mr. House and the casino families are rebuilding the city in the image of its pre-War glory.

Before the Great War started, Mr. House used his considerable genius and wealth to ensure that most of the missiles would miss the city of Las Vegas. Though a few warheads did indeed get through in the outskirts, a good portion of city was spared.

He later sent out PDQ-88b Securitron scouts, to negotiate with local tribes using his considerable resources up to and including threats of violence. Mr. House's stockpiles could be used for or against the tribals in exchange for their help. Some of the tribes resisted, but three of the largest and most powerful tribes eventually gained Mr. House's favor. They became the Omertas, the Chairmen, and the White Glove Society; these tribes began running the Gomorrah, Tops and Ultra-Luxe casinos respectively. (The rest were either evacuated into Freeside or killed promptly.) Because Mr. House was dedicated to restoring the Strip, he insisted on transforming the tribes into families with cultures that hearkened back to Vegas' glory days.

In the process of rebuilding the Strip, Mr. House won control over the residents of Vault 21 after a gambling match with the vault's best players. After they evacuated, he had the vault stripped of useful technology, most of its actual volume filled with concrete, and the entrance turned into a gift shop with the lower levels remaining converted into a small hotel. While the families were rebuilding the casinos, the rest of the locals were hard at work erecting an enormous wall around the Strip. When NCR traders and explorers arrived on the scene, they were amazed at the Strip and returned back to California with tales of opulence and great wealth awaiting travelers.

Eventually, when the NCR military itself arrived, they were surprised to find the Strip so well-protected and heavily policed. Though they struck a deal with Mr. House to establish a base in the area, along with control of Hoover Dam, the NCR has never had control of The Strip. After the Battle of Hoover Dam the NCR negotiated an MP (military police) presence on the Strip, but their influence still remains small.

Though the tribes that became The Strip's families were once hatefully opposed to each other, the demands of Mr. House have forced the families to play nice. They continue to hold long-standing grudges, but do not act openly against each other for fear of angering Mr. House.

The Strip is the heart of New Vegas. When entering through The Strip North Gate, Gomorrah is to the right and the Lucky 38 is to the left. Further down the street is a gate to another area of the strip, which leads to The Tops casino, the Ultra-Luxe and the Camp McCarran monorail. Beyond that, through another gate is Vault 21, Michael Angelo's workshop and the NCR Embassy.
 
I hope we pick up a few more people. I would advertise, but the advertising thread seems to be closed.
 
If you are willing to take someone completely new, I love post apocalyptic fantasy and would be interested in making a character in the Fallout style/world.

Did you have anything you were particularly interested in incorporating?
 
Back
Top