Etiqutte when it comes to stroies being favorited

ronnie11

Virgin
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Posts
1
Sometimes I have 5 or six of my stories Favorited by someone at the same time, I've often wondered if I'm suppose to send a message thanking them, or just be silent.
 
There is no etiquette. It's up to you. If you'd like to establish a connection with them, go ahead and do so.

The ones I feel (almost) tempted to message are the few who have punched the "favorite author" button four and five times in succession. Would sort of like to know what they thought they were doing. :D
 
I also have an etiquette question regarding favoriting.

When the next chapter of your story is published, is it okay to message the people who favorited/left positive comments on your story informing them that the next chapter is now up? Personally I feel like as a reader I would appreciate this (since its hard to keep track of all the stories you liked and if the next chapter has come up) but some might find it annoying.

When I added chapters to my series I messaged the people who left a comment along the lines of "Can't wait for the next chapter" but I was wondering if it was okay, encouraged, or discouraged to do the same for people who have favorited it.
 
I'd like to note something on the topic of contacting readers who have favorited you or perhaps left you a nice comment you want to respond to.

When I started here I sent several messages to people thanking them for their remarks. I received only one reply out fo the maybe dozen or so I sent. I started to wonder if maybe I shouldn't bother them.

Then something occurred to me; many people sign up for lit with a toss away e-mail address because they may be wary of spam or privacy and don;t want their main e-mail address associated with a porn site.

Because of that many of them, once they have created their id never go back and check that address. Its different for authors because we hope for feedback remarks through lit so we will check ours.

So whatever you choose to do is up to you, but as I said, if you don;t get a response it may not be personal.

Also the same person favoriting you multiple times is a glitch. It only shows up as one on your favorite total.
 
So maybe it's because I'm a woman, but whenever I respond to someone who gives feedback, they email right back and we usually send a few notes back and forth.

Actually, I think it is because I'm a woman and I like to tease. :devil:
 
So maybe it's because I'm a woman, but whenever I respond to someone who gives feedback, they email right back and we usually send a few notes back and forth.

Actually, I think it is because I'm a woman and I like to tease. :devil:

But is that through the feedback that comes to your e-mail where they can leave an e-mail address or are you talking about the public comments here?
 
I tend not to PM people who favourite my story or favourite me as an author. I tend to think that on porn websites people value their privacy and anonymity and I don't want to invade that uninvited, just because they use the 'favourite' feature to bookmark a story or author they like. If they comment on my story (or even more so, email me feedback) then that's a different ballgame because then it was they who initialised the contact.
 
Back
Top