The Birth of Horny Town U.S.A.

A chinese restaurant, yes, but not "Lo Fat," IIRC. It's back in the first few pages, even before the name was firmed up.

ETA: choicest Pearls, Prop Mr Fu, + Dau Fu Lin

Thanks WH. This thread is so long it's hard to find things. BTW, the synopsis entries were a good summery.

Horny Springs should be up by Monday I hope.

I hope these do better than my last "SS" chapter. 'Though I just checked and it is back up over 4.5, so I guess it rebounded. <Whew>
 
Oh Hell Rejected?

Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site. However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

* Hi there! Please see this FAQ for instructions on submitting a chain story: http://www.literotica.com/faq/05235347.shtml#05310792

Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions.

Both stories were rejected, when I looked at the FAQ i found:

What is a chain story? How do I start one?

A Chain Story is one in which several (3 or more) authors collaborate to create a story on a specific theme or topic. The first author writes the first chapter of the story according to the theme or topic. The next author reads the previous chapter and picks up where the first author left off, continuing the story as he or she sees fit. And so on, and so on...until the last chapter is completed.

Chain Stories are a special category on Literotica. To start one, you must do the following:

1) Post your idea to the Author's Hangout in the Bulletin Board and round up any interested authors who would like to participate. If you already have a group of writers who are interested, then continue on to step #2.

2) Once you know how many authors are interested, you must get a schedule together of who will do the first chapter, who will do the second, etc. Then, you must decide how much time will be between chapters to allow each author to write their piece. We suggest that you leave no less than 4 days, but no more than 8. A week is generally a good amount of time, but it's all up to you!

3) The first author should create a story submission called "Chain Story - [Name of Chain]". In this submission, paste in the title of the chain and the schedule of who is doing which chapter(s) and when they'll be submitting them. If you've been planning this in the Author's Hangout and have posted the schedule there, you can simply paste a link to the thread containing the information into the story submission. We ask that you post the entire chain schedule before submitting the first part of the chain.

4) The first person submits his or her chapter to us, selecting the category "Chain Stories". Any story which is submitted to "Chain Stories" without following these steps will be moved to whatever category the subject matter dictates.

Looks like it's a chain story or just regular?
Schedule, Schedule? WTF! might as well herd cats!
 
Perhaps we could ask Lauren /Manu for a separate section: "Horner Springs".
Then all the stories are in one place.
 
Well we could, but I heard nothing from Lauren when I PM'd her but got the FAQ when I submitted, so I'm not sure how much support we'll get for this.

The thing that makes this difficult is the "SCHEDULE".

litfan10 was supposed to put up a chapter on Saturday, I wonder if he had the same problem?
 
Considering I have two chapters finished, one 70% and five plotted, I have decided to go ahead without the Chain Story connection.

If in the future someone else does a Horny Springs, perhaps we can move them together as a Chain story, or find some other way to get them connected.

I really liked the idea of a common world, with different voices and types of stories all loosely tied together.

I'm going to drop the Horny Springs part of my titles and if we can get a venue here, I'll resubmit them in the collection.

I hope no one has a problem with my using Horner Springs as a location?

Otherwise I'll change it to Soapy Springs or some such.
 
Considering I have two chapters finished, one 70% and five plotted, I have decided to go ahead without the Chain Story connection.

If in the future someone else does a Horny Springs, perhaps we can move them together as a Chain story, or find some other way to get them connected.

I really liked the idea of a common world, with different voices and types of stories all loosely tied together.

I'm going to drop the Horny Springs part of my titles and if we can get a venue here, I'll resubmit them in the collection.

I hope no one has a problem with my using Horner Springs as a location?

Otherwise I'll change it to Soapy Springs or some such.
Just leave the titles and submit them in the approriate category(s) That way at least stories set in Horner Springs can be searched for.

I'd suggest tagging all horner springs/hornytown stories with "Horner Springs" and "Shared Universe" to meake them searchable as a set.
 
Just leave the titles and submit them in the approriate category(s) That way at least stories set in Horner Springs can be searched for.

I'd suggest tagging all horner springs/hornytown stories with "Horner Springs" and "Shared Universe" to meake them searchable as a set.

Can we do this in the "tags" or ??? There are few spaces in the title or tag line places.
 
Can we do this in the "tags" or ??? There are few spaces in the title or tag line places.
With the "tags" you submit with the story.

If everyone remembers to tag their story with "Horner Springs" and "Shared Universe" -- and maybe "Hornytown" -- the stories would at least be linked in the tag search function.
 
With the "tags" you submit with the story.

If everyone remembers to tag their story with "Horner Springs" and "Shared Universe" -- and maybe "Hornytown" -- the stories would at least be linked in the tag search function.


I'll try.
 
Okay, I changed titles to Horner Springs Retirees #1 & 2, listed tags of Horner Springs, Horny Springs, and Horny Town and submitted them again.

Anyone else ready?
 
:( No one else is ready?

Both chapters are up and just barely making average scores. :(
Only one comment and under 2000 reads. Poop!

Well I guess it needs some spice. These stories were just the warm up for Chapter #3.

So Lester needs to get laid and Lee needs to wave the anaconda around to excite you perverts?
 
Well, groundwork can take a lot of planning. Later stories, I assume, will just slot in and who gets laid and where is open to question.

Sadly, I am a little preoccupied currently (recovery) but my story is about one third written.
 
Well, groundwork can take a lot of planning. Later stories, I assume, will just slot in and who gets laid and where is open to question.

Sadly, I am a little preoccupied currently (recovery) but my story is about one third written.



I'm looking forward to seeing it HP. I realized, when I put mine up that the lack of specific sex, would effect the scores, but I had hoped for at least 4.4's, and a lot more reads. I guess the AH isn't all that popular, or I'm not.:)

So in chapter #3 I'll include a lot of sex, to see how that effects the score.
 
I'm looking forward to seeing it HP. I realized, when I put mine up that the lack of specific sex, would effect the scores, but I had hoped for at least 4.4's, and a lot more reads. I guess the AH isn't all that popular, or I'm not.:)

So in chapter #3 I'll include a lot of sex, to see how that effects the score.

make that 'good sex' and you'll be there no sweat.

I have two more sessions (fractions) to get through before I finish this treatment. IT will take about three weeks to get over the worst and then I'll have a clear head for writing.
I know roughly what I want to do, but Americana can be a trifle obscure to the English eye.
 
Well it is now May and I put up the first two chapters in February. Scores are 4.11 and 4.37 and very few reads.

No one else has put one up so I'm going to finish Chapter 3 and get the sexual games to begin. Now that I have recovered from a hard drive failure, I can concentrate on the story.

I had been reluctant to write much about the Uni and the Institute as I felt it was VM, or Litfan's place to expound on these. I was keeping to the peripheral of the town and stuff.

However, I am using some students and a couple of teachers in my "Spy" plot and so if someone else is writing the Uni, or the Institute they will have to accept the lines that I draw. Or not, as they choose.

Funny, after I put up the stories, HP was the only one to comment, out of the ~5K reads. Considering how many were active on the thread, I had expected a few comments from the AH'ers, but it appears that nobody cares to comment on writing here.

This is a real change for me, most of my writing has been first person and going to third is different. The characters introduced are many and many may show up in future chapters. I wondered about introducing so many characters, but needed to put in some local color, was it too much, too little?

http://www.literotica.com/s/horner-springs-retirees-01
http://www.literotica.com/s/horner-springs-retirees-02

I hope that HP is over his Chemo and litfan10 is all better now.
 
HP is doing well, thanks, according to the doctors on the case.

I'm baffled by Americana.
My main character is flying in and I don't have a clue how he finds some bird to fancy.
And don't ask me about sex. . . .
 
HP is doing well, thanks, according to the doctors on the case.

I'm baffled by Americana.
My main character is flying in and I don't have a clue how he finds some bird to fancy.
And don't ask me about sex. . . .

I'll admit I'm working on something of a farce which might not fit if your intentions are of a dark drama, but I'll let you read my idea log to catch the drift of the pipe dream I'm working on, if you like.

maybe you can give me some advice about what is "too" much?:D

I'll admit that I have been in the reverse situation many times Working as I did for a Company with a Weybridge, division, serving Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I would find myself surrounded by Brits making comparisons to people and things I had never heard of, much less formed an understanding of the symbolic meanings.

But the beer was good. :D
 
Good for you for running with this! lol.
My story was about halfway written.. I needed some 'fill in the blank' kinda details.. then I went on to other projects. :eek:
Now that you've actually submitted a couple, there's something to go on.. however, my cd that has all my stories on it decided to reformat or some such shit yesterday...and now I have nothing. :( I'm going to have to start from scratch. :(
 
Good for you for running with this! lol.
My story was about halfway written.. I needed some 'fill in the blank' kinda details.. then I went on to other projects. :eek:
Now that you've actually submitted a couple, there's something to go on.. however, my cd that has all my stories on it decided to reformat or some such shit yesterday...and now I have nothing. :( I'm going to have to start from scratch. :(

alway back up to two cds.
 
I feel your pain EK. I had a Operating System Crash that caused me to loose not only a lot of data but my motivation to write on this POS! computer. I'm trying to find a Linux distribution that fits my hardware and I'll never run Microsuck again!

But computer frustration aside, I wanted to finish the saga, if only for my own satisfaction. Chapter Three "Slippery Dick Road by Daylight",doesn't follow chapter 2, precisely, but is chronologically (?) displaced.

Chapter 2 "Policemans Progress," ends on a Tuesday and Chapter four "The Flutist,"is Wednesday, with chapter 3 the following Saturday.. Why? I hear you ask.

Beats me? I may adjust this a bit so it is more chronological. Ah Ha, just figured out how to do that, and still keep my current structure.

If anyone reads #1&2 can you let me know if my third person is working? Chapter 3 will have much more explicit sex than 1 and 2 so I am hoping for better scores maybe a 4.6?

One trick I have been using is to store my writing on a flash drive. Then I can move it from laptop to desk top w/o having multiple versions hanging around. Was working good until XP decided that the flashdrive was private to a previously loaded OPS. It said that I wasn't "Authorized" to view the contents, HOLY CRAP!

However I had my Linux Puppy operating system on a flash drive and took great pleasure in recovering the 2.3 Gig's of writing and stuffing it down XP's throat.

I highly recommend having a flash drive with Puppy on it to allow you to recover from anything short of a melt down. I do not recommend installing any Linux on the same drive as any MS Op sys, trust me, buy another drive to play with Linux.

Oh, writing, right.

One thing that may be fun to play with is for Mr. White to try to explain to his English friends what it all means, by e-mail. If the e-mail language is "Limey slang" and almost in decipherable by the Average American Reader it will give us "provincials" a taste of the confusion English visitors feel. Suitable and hopefully humorous explanations should follow, to let us in on the joke. :D

HP, I can have Johnsson introduce Mr. White around town. Somehow I feel that Mr. Whit's accent and manner will find many devoted followers, if he can pass the Advanced Cunnilingus exam. :)
 
Back
Top