Handmaid's Tale files

What is all of this clamor, and backlash against the women that are featured on the 2017 version of Time's Person of the Year?

Is it because of the rejection of the Most Sexist Pig, Ever, that was Forced Upon the Women of the World?


Most Sexist Pig, Ever, that was Forced Upon the Women of the World had his moment in the sun. Time gave him a cover. But, that was not enough. Sexist Pig falsified Time covers, and used them in his business.


http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-org-to-remove-fake-cover-from-golf-clubs


In a pre-emptive move, Sexist Pig pretended to reject an offer that was never made. Sexist Pig dragged Time magazine into an argument. If Sexist Pig could not benefit from a big, beautiful Time cover, he would extract revenge and pull Time diwn in the sewerage, with him. Bad publicity, exposing Sexist Pig as a liar and a false braggart, was better than no publicity, at all. Sexist Pig fed the story line of him, painted as the victim, and his fans relished an opportunity to attack an enemy of Sexist Pig.


A funny thing happened to Time magazine-


Time Inc. bought by Meredith Corp. for $2.8B in Koch-backed sale

November 26, 2017

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-corp-2-8b-koch-backed-sale-article-1.3659128


Women are revolted and disgusted at the thought of the Most Sexist Pig, Ever. Many of the Grand Party of Perverts were disgusted about the thought of the Sexist Pig molesting and perving on their women. That, is, until they realised he was corrupt enough to say yes to their own perversions and corruptions. The women, teens, and girls, were tossed on the sacrificial altar.

If boundary violation, molestation, and abuse, were good enough for the Sexist Pig's daughter, it was good enough for the women of America.

Money was at stake. Essentially the Grand Party of Perverts sold the women of America.


The Grand Old Perverts Party Rule-
Revealing the truth, and talking about the truth, is much more offensive than the obscenity that was committed. Those that are violated, are to keep silence. It is the victim that is to be punished.


Now there is backlash and threats aimed toward the victims that speak out.

The Silence Breakers are now targeted.


The new manner in the courts of law, is to sue the victim making a false statement and harming the person's reputation.

The victims now must defend themselves, and sue, to protect their reputations.

It was wealthy, well known, women with good personal and professional networks that first spoke out in public. They could afford to fight backlash with money, witnesses, and support. They could be shielded from trolls and attackers.

As we have seen, from unauthorized nudes of famous women, trolls are determined to harm women.

The only female beings that are safe from attackers are fetuses that are barely in development.
 
Trump is determined to have Roy Moore on his team. Trump's core supporters would welcome Roy Moore's support for policies that are racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, and extremist.


Roy Moore is part of the South that is stuck in a world that existed 200 years, ago.

September 6, 2017


The nation’s oldest professional law school was established in 1817 with a bequest from Isaac Royall Jr., a wealthy man from Medford, Mass., whose family made much of its fortune in the slave trade and on a sugar plantation in Antigua.


As we acknowledge here today, Harvard, along with many other institutions in New England, was directly complicit in America’s system of racial bondage from the College’s earliest days in the 17th century until the ending of slavery in Massachusetts in 1783,” Faust said. “Harvard continued to be involved indirectly through extensive financial and other ties to the slaveholding South up to the time of emancipation” in 1863.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...laque-honors-those-enslaved-by-royall-family/

WTF ?

Considering, that Roy the Pervert Moore has been hiding from news cameras this weekend, this is peculiar. He skipped religious attendance on Sunday. He made a political video, instead.

12 year old Millie March's interview with Roy Moore was filmed at the Alabama GOP headquarters


America First Project posted the video on Sunday

They used this child when she was 11 years old, to boost Trump's image. Now, they are using a 12 year old child to clean up Roy Moore's image.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...or_interv.html


The girl, Millie March, is well known in the political sphere for her rampant support of Donald Trump during his 2016 campaign, even though she’s not old enough to vote. The super PAC America First Project, a pro-Trump advocacy group founded by former Breitbart staffers, arranged for March talk to Moore for the campaign spot.

“We decided that we were going to bring Millie to Alabama, after everything that’s happened in this Alabama Senate race up until this point,” says America First Project’s Jennifer Lawrence in the video’s preamble to March’s interviews with Moore and his campaign manager, Rich Hobson. Lawrence adds that the group wanted to bring March to Alabama “to show there is a wide range of people who support Roy Moore.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a290f05255a9

Patrick Howley, and other Breitbart News alumni started their own group designed to enforce Trump’s agenda, combined with a planned media arm.


So far, the group, which they are calling the America First Project, has surfaced in the press for trying to unseat the current chairman of the Florida Republican Party, who is seen by some Trump allies as having been untrustworthy during the election.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-group/513098/


Protect the Senate pages!

"Senate Pages are often in high school, and can be as young as 16 years old."


Moore's potential Senate colleague Sen. Corey Booker, D-NJ., campaigned against the GOP candidate over the weekend and questioned whether Senate pages would be safe from Moore in a tweet:

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/11/dem...-be-protected/

Well I am in the United States Senate & I don’t want to be next to you wondering if Senate Pages will be safe from your advances.

Your bigotry, ignorance, and hate has no place in the Senate. I’m going to my ancestral home state of Alabama today to lend a hand in defeating you. https:/*******BiFmLP549I
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker

National Republican Senatorial Committee rejected Roy Moore, then took the rejection back

December 5, 2017

RNC official confirmed late Monday that the committee would once again be supporting Moore, after severing its fundraising ties to his campaign last month. It was not immediately clear what that support would entail. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to confirm the reversal, which was first reported by Breitbart News.
 
In 2016, another study found, only 27 percent of words spoken in the biggest movies were spoken by women. And people wonder why you didn’t hear our voices sooner. I think the statistics are self-explanatory — our voices are not welcome.

Until there is equality in our industry, with men and women having the same value in every aspect of it, our community will continue to be a fertile ground for predators.

I am grateful for everyone who is listening to our experiences. I hope that adding my voice to the chorus of those who are finally speaking out will shed light on why it is so difficult, and why so many of us have waited so long. Men sexually harassed because they could. Women are talking today because, in this new era, we finally can.

Salma Hayek
Dec. 12, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...lights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront


gsgs comment-

I am so angry, that he fucked with everything.
He did everything to wreck everything.
His fuckery was unending.

Despite his sabotage, she struggled to make a good film.


He failed to break her, and the film was glorious and beautifully completed.

She was that good.


But, he killed her career, because he did not get his way

He wanted complete submission.

She submitted, but she did it her way, not his.
 
Ann Coulter Lives an Empty Life of Quiet Desperation (Her Words)
Ann Coulter has tweeted over 30,000 times. Most of those tweets consist of her promoting her right-wing agenda, some involve her yelling at Delta, and at least one features a beagle playing the piano. There’s also the one where the controversial conservative pundit went full Twitter sad girl.

Coulter, unhappy with Senator Marco Rubio’s desire to expand child tax credits in the Republicans’ tax plan, made her displeasure known on Friday — and, in doing so, sent out a bleak self-own.

“We singles live empty lives of quiet desperation and will die alone,” she wrote. “Now Rubio is demanding that we also fund happy families with children who fill their days with joy.”

Dark.
Who sympathizes with a woman who doesn't wish joy upon families and children? Children are the nation's future. She wishes them a bleak future. Who sympathizes with her?
 
What seemed a cautionary tale then feels more like a deafening klaxon now. Why?

Because the world of Offred, though still notionally a fiction, has migrated from creative construct to the realm of the thinkable. Gilead’s use of technology to subordinate women overnight seemed all too close to the bone in the year in which the power of digital manipulation and cyberwarfare to distort the democratic process became chillingly apparent. If the roots of pluralism, minority rights and constitutionalism were as shallow as Trump clearly believed, then anything was possible.

Atwood’s novel is opaque about Offred’s fate but ends with an arch postscript – the minutes of an academic conference in 2195 – implying that Gilead eventually collapses. In contrast, the television series returns in the spring to resume the story of the characters she created more than 30 years ago.

The spark of hope at its heart is the notion that history is not preordained, that its unfolding depends upon human agency and courage: nolite te bastardes carborundorum (“don’t let the bastards grind you down”) is the scratched graffito written by one of Offred’s predecessors. The secret package given to her by the resistance contains not a bomb but something much more potent: the letters of scores of handmaids, breaking their silence.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/26/the-handmaids-tale-year-trump-misogyny-metoo

In our current circumstances in America, the blasts of info-tainment issued from Tonald Drump's noise machine, cover the quiet humming of the engine of corporate efforts on our government.

Look to Mother Jones, if you want to see what is being undermined. We are distracted from what is essential. The underpinnings are undone, while we are watching the circus.
 
Waiting for back-lash

gsgs comment- I opted in, and watched the Golden Globes awards show. The sexual abuse and harassment scandals hit Hollywood hard. The awards show was seeking to approach the issue, after so many spoke out this year.

Seth Myers

There’s a new era underway,” the host continued. “I can tell because it’s been years since a white man was this nervous in Hollywood.” Meyers also sent a special message to the “hosts of other upcoming awards shows” who were watching him “like the first dog they shot into outer space.”

For the male nominees in the room tonight, this is the first time in three months it won’t be terrifying to hear your name read out loud,” Meyers said. “Did you hear about Willem Dafoe? Oh, god, no! He was nominated!” From the audience, Dafoe looked on in mock horror.


Addressing the “elephant not in the room,” Meyers noted that Harvey Weinstein decided not to show up to this year’s award show. “Don’t worry, he’ll be back in 20 years when he becomes the first person ever booed during the In Memoriam segment,” he joked.

Then he moved on to Kevin Spacey, saying, “I was happy to hear they’re going to do another season of House of Cards,” asking, “Is Christopher Plummer available for that, too? I hope he can do a Southern accent, because Kevin Spacey sure couldn’t.” As the crowd groaned, he added, “Oh, is that too mean? To Kevin Spacey?”


https://www.thedailybeast.com/seth-...in-spacey-in-golden-globes-monologue?ref=home

gsgs comment- Woody Allen was not left untouched. His obscene and indecent acts will forever send a rotten odor into everything that surrounds him.
 
Women will be observing the anniversary of the historical 2017 Women's March, on Jan. 21, 2018

Activism and coordinating are active.

There will be activists in every state in America, observing the anniversary.

2017

4 million people in the United States marched in what became likely the largest single-day protest in American history.

What is the #PowerToThePolls event?

This year, the co-presidents of the inaugural Women's March have organized an event in Las Vegas, Nevada, to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the march and launch #PowerToThePolls.


http://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a14854056/need-to-know-2018-womens-march/



On January 21, 2018, thousands of women, femmes and allies will come together in Las Vegas, Nevada, to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Women’s March and to launch our collective 2018 Women’s March agenda: #PowerToThe Polls.


https://www.womensmarch.com/power-to-the-polls/


http://www.powertothepolls.com
 
Mother Fucker! After Penn State and Gerald Sandusky scandal, another university lets this continue for 20 years ?The victims told the truth, but the power of authority, fame, and money had the law and watchdog agencies turn a blind eye, and go into denial.

They told the victims that they were wrong. The police turned a deaf ear to the victims.

What I see, is a reflection of the Boston Police Department's defence of the men of the Catholic church, when those men were facilitating sexual abuse.They turned a deaf ear to the victims. They did not stop until the Boston Globe newspaper exposed the whole rotten mess. As it stands, the victims are still waiting on false promises. The promises were broken because of money.

This is a syndrome that has continued, since the 1960s. Doctors testified in front of a Congressional hearing, and told of horrors. They were disbelieved, ignored. The congressmen were dismissive of what they had heard.

This week, yet another religious fanatic couple is caught doing creepy, horrible acts. Yet, another religious leader is caught doing creepy, harmful acts.

The Extreme Right religious demands control over the lives of Americans. Do we really want to ignore the creepy hypocrite side of absolute control, that religion contains ?

We have a sociopath as our ultimate authority, that does not give a fuck if the Extremist Religious Right, the Corporate International Conglomerates, Wall St., and the Military Industrial Complex join together to takeover the American government.
 
While the nation is focused on the budget fight, Trump's troll division is undermining women's health and women's rights.

Anti-abortion bill passes the House ahead of 'March for Life

January 19, 2018

The bill would require doctors to provide medical care to a fetus who is born alive during an abortion

House Speaker Paul Ryan addressed attendees, praising House Republicans for passing the bill

Washington (CNN)An anti-abortion rights bill passed in the House Friday morning ahead of the March for Life, the biggest yearly event for anti-abortion activists in Washington.

The bill, passed 241-183 in the House, would require doctors to provide medical care to a fetus who is born alive during an abortion or attempted abortion procedure.

If the doctor fails to provide medical care, they could face a criminal fine, up to five years in prison,

At the Fetus Worshippers camp meeting, Pseudo-Christian Martyr, Pike Mence called Tonald Drump "the most pro-life president in American history."

A statement from Planned Parenthood ahead of the speech condemned Trump's participation in the rally, noting that abortion has been legal for more than 40 years and saying that Trump and his administration have been "laser-focused on using their power to control women's bodies."

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/19/5789...rtion-rights-movement-to-address-march-for-li

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...s_5a5524d6e4b0efe47ebdcb30?section=us_opinion


“On the anniversary of the historic Women’s March, the Trump-Pence administration makes their agenda crystal clear: They are laser-focused on using their power to control women’s bodies and lives,” Laguens said in a statement. “Their latest action encourages states to try to block access to care at Planned Parenthood and control where women can go for health care. Without Planned Parenthood, many of our patients would lose access to health care altogether — either because there are no other providers in their community or because other clinics cannot serve all of our patients.”

Planned Parenthood says abortions make up about 3 percent of the services it provides. The group primarily provides sex education and birth control options.

Trump also used a live video stream on Friday to address thousands of people at the March for Life rally. The rally, which took place in Washington, D.C., is the largest anti-abortion rights gathering in the country. Activists plan to march to the Supreme Court to protest outside of the building.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...34be4b01d91b2551fa4?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
 
PREDATOR PRESIDENT
Stormy Daniels Reveals Donald Trump Is a Lot Like Harvey Weinstein

The president’s M.O. with his alleged mistress was the same as it was with some of his accusers: Sleep with me if you want a job.
But most notable about Clifford’s account of the consensual affair was how it mirrors accusations of non-consensual advances by Trump. For him, this is a pattern. Like many others, Clifford thought Trump wanted to give her a professional opportunity. Like many others, Trump dangled the promise of a professional opportunity—a promise he never intended to keep—in exchange for sex.
But nobody really cares, right? That's just how business works, right?
 
It was 45 years ago that the Supreme Court decided that abortion should be absolutely legal and even today we’re still fighting to keep it that way. At the Women’s March in Las Vegas on Sunday, spoke about the importance of the landmark case and how the organization she leads is keeping it alive. Because the fight for reproductive rights encompasses not just the right to obtain safe, legal abortions, but also providing millions of American women with access to birth control and adequate sexual education.

“We actually have the lowest abortion rate since Roe was decided,” Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards said.“But unfortunately now this administration wants to take all that way.”

https://jezebel.com/45-years-after-roe-v-wade-cecile-richards-says-this-1822299909
 
No Choice: Liz Young
Moyers & Company

youtube

Jan. 22, 1973, the US Supreme Court decided, “Enough’s enough,” and abruptly declared abortion legal. In deciding Roe v. Wade, the court held that because the Constitution protects the right to privacy, in the earlier months of pregnancy, a woman can legally choose to abort.

http://billmoyers.com/story/no-choice/

It is a health decision. A woman has a right to decide. Unless men decide to catergorize all women " less-than."
 
This reminds me of how Emperor Carrot Head abuses public figures, in public

Emperor Carrot Head has been rejected by many, and he takes revenge whenever it is possible


Horrible, Poisonous Old Man pours venom on woman in public

He is so intent on taking revenge on a public that chooses not to associate themselves with him, he hurts one of his few supporters in order to get it

"You had a choice between feeling complicit if you compounded the insult by mentioning it, or actually being complicit if you didn’t."

https://www.thecut.com/2018/01/woody-allen-american-film-institute-diane-keaton.html


That’s called “praeteritio” — where you say something in the act of saying that you’re not going to say it.


The speech relies heavily on a combination of aposiopesis (breaking off from speech and not finish a thought), paralepsis (drawing attention to something by seeming to ignore it), and a kind of non sequitur (sometimes called anacoluthon), where you purposely start a thought in a way that creates a false expectation as to how it will finish, then change direction.

She’s been involved with half a dozen of the most gifted, charismatic, attractive men in Hollywood” — he seems sincere now, and truly engaged in what he’s saying — “and it’s very interesting” — he raises one hand in a pedantic, academic gesture, as though about to prove the existence of God — “’cause every one of them has dumped her.”

JANUARY 30, 2018

The insulted and demeaned woman chooses to defend him.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/01/diane-keaton-tweets-support-for-woody-allen.html
 
Tonald Drump returned to demonizing minorities, in his SOTU speech.A puzzling addition, was the story of the policeman that adopted a baby.



fascist ethno-natalism


Angus Johnston
@studentactivism
In the context of the full speech, of Trump's presidency, this story is a question and an answer: What do we do with the children of those we despise? If they're brown, we expel them from our land. If they are white, we take them for ourselves

Jan. 31, 2018

Johnson drew a parallel between the presidential anecdote and the history of los desaparecidos — or, the disappeared — Argentinians who vanished after a military junta took over in 1974, and many of the political prisoners’ babies were stolen and given to party loyalists.

“The children of subversives were seen, (historian Marguerite) Feitlowitz explained, as ‘seeds of the tree of evil,'” reported New York magazine. “Perhaps through adoption, those seeds could be replanted in healthy soil.”

Johnson pointed out the baby’s mother was still homeless as of December and not in contact with her child or the adoptive family — and the historian was disturbed by the way Trump wrote the woman out of her own story.


https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/why-trumps-state-union-was-even-more-fascist-you-realize
 
Quentin Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein victimized Uma Thurman

:mad:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/...partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur


https://www.avclub.com/uma-thurman-opens-up-about-harvey-weinstein-and-her-los-1822694016


Thurman opened up about her experiences with Weinstein in an op-ed column in The New York Times today, which also went into the events surrounding the eventual collapse of her creative relationship with Quentin Tarantino, after the director pressured her into performing a dangerous piece of stunt driving that ended in a car crash on the set of Kill Bill.


Fuck you, Tarantino
 
gsgs comment-


The more that conditions in society are dire, threatening, and dangerously absurd, the more human beings want a moment of distraction. Elon Musk's Tesla spectacular, provided such a moment in time.

/end gsgs comment

Musk’s empire is fueled by billions of dollars in government subsidies. The Los Angeles Times revealed in 2015 that Musk’s companies benefitted from “grants, tax breaks, factory construction, discounted loans and environmental credits”, plus the tax credits and rebates that are granted to consumers for buying his products.

The average household income of a Tesla purchaser is in the hundreds of thousands, yet the federal government pays people $7,500 to buy them through tax credits, and many states offer their own cash handouts. Because we’re all giving Elon Musk money, what he chooses to do with that money is very much our business.


Elon Musk is right: silly and fun things are important. But some of them are an indefensible waste of resources. While there are still humanitarian crises such as that in Syria, nobody can justify vast spending on rocketry experiments. That point was made plain in 1970 by the poet Gil Scott-Heron, on his record Whitey On the Moon, which criticized the US for spending millions to send men on a pointless moon adventure while the country’s inner cities languished:

I can’t pay no doctor bills

But whitey’s on the moon

Ten years from now I’ll be payin’ still

While whitey’s on the moon.

Whitey may not have gone back to the moon recently. But his sports car is now in space.


Great car commercial ? Tesla roadster in space.

https://news.sky.com/story/wrong-tu...ads-off-course-towards-asteroid-belt-11239916

SpaceX billed it as "an endless road trip past Mars", but the Tesla blasted into space on Tuesday may actually be heading towards the asteroid belt


Rather than entering Mars' orbit, the Tesla looks to be on a path towards the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.



Starman and his space Tesla have sent their last selfie from Earth orbit, Elon Musk announced.



Elon Musk posted the “last pic” of Starman and on Instagram, though it’s such a nice frame that one suspects it’s probably the best of its last final minutes.


https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/07/starman-has-gone-dark/?ncid=rss

gsgs comment-

WTF ?


Could not be bothered, to install something that might have a scientific use ?
 
Detailed explanation of the conflict that Christians have with modern society in America, in this article.


https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/in...ian-white-america-dark-terrifying-underbelly/

For us “coastal elites” who understand evolution, genetics and science, nothing we say to those in flyover country is going to be listened to because not only are we fighting against an anti-education belief system, we are arguing against god.



A significant number of rural Americans believe President Obama was in charge when the financial crisis started. An even higher number believe the mortgage crisis was the result of the government forcing banks to give loans to unqualified minorities. It doesn’t matter how untrue both of these things are, they are gospel in rural America. Why reevaluate your beliefs and voting patterns when scapegoats are available?

How do you make climate change personal to someone who believes only god can alter the weather? How do you make racial equality personal to someone who believes whites are naturally superior to non-whites? How do you make gender equality personal to someone who believes women are supposed to be subservient to men by god’s command? How do you get someone to view minorities as not threatening to people who don’t live around minorities and have never interacted with them? How do you make personal the fact massive tax cuts and cutting back government hurts their economic situation when they’ve voted for such policies for decades?


https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/in...ian-white-america-dark-terrifying-underbelly/

gsgs comment-

From what I can understand, some followers of Fundamentalism have formed a belief system that justifies sexism, racism, homophobia, in their eyes. White male supremacy is justified in their eyes, by their beliefs in a God/god that places them in a more favored position with their God/god.

In other words, they believe that all people are children of their Christian God/god. But, they, as Superior White males, are the preferred, favoured, and privileged children of their God/god.

Their God/god Wills It!

The saddening part of the article, explains why the Fundamentalists are so easily exploited, by others that mimic belief in their God/god.

Sometimes, the enemy of your enemy, is not your friend.


Strange attitudes and customs-


Rural white America needs to be better understood,” is a dodge, meant to avoid the real problems because talking about the real problems is viewed as too upsetting, too mean, too arrogant, too elite, too snobbish. Pointing out that Aunt Bea’s views of Mexicans, blacks and gays is bigoted isn’t the thing one does in polite society. Too bad more people don’t think the same about Aunt Bea’s views. It’s the classic, “You’re a racist for calling me a racist,” ploy.

"We don't talk about that ?"

There is always a weak spot in the link.

We are not allowed to discuss how the hierarchy was formed, through injustice, exploitation, and murder ?
 
Genesis
[1:26] Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."
[1:27] So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
[1:28] God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."
[1:29] God said, "See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.
[1:30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so.
God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; People have filled the earth and subdued it. Contract fulfilled. On to next contract.

I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. Fungi are not plants yielding seed. Root plants and kelp grow under the face of the earth. If you eat mshrooms, peanuts, or carrageen (thickener in many foods) you're stealing from Lord {JHWH}. Yes, eating commercial ice cream means you're going to Hell. Have a nice ride.

Much of Leviticus lists many capitol and enslavement offenses. Let's post biblical quotes on billboards in flyover country about putting to death married adulterers and disrespectful kids, and selling nubile daughters. Also quote Yeshua on his followers abandoning their families and living communistically. Those should go over big.
 
Alliance Defending Freedom


Founded by some 30 leaders of the Christian Right, the Alliance Defending Freedom is a legal advocacy and training group that has supported the recriminalization of homosexuality in the U.S. and criminalization abroad; has defended state-sanctioned sterilization of trans people abroad; has linked homosexuality to pedophilia and claims that a “homosexual agenda” will destroy Christianity and society. ADF also works to develop “religious liberty” legislation and case law that will allow the denial of goods and services to LGBT people on the basis of religion.


The founding board and original funders included James Dobson of Focus on the Family; Bill Bright of the Campus Crusade for Christ; D. James Kennedy of Coral Ridge Ministries (now D. James Kennedy Ministries); and Don Wildmon, founder of the American Family Association. Its original purpose was to oppose the ACLU and other “radical groups” as well as to fight for “religious liberty.” Since its founding, the ADF has expanded its operations abroad as it battles abortion, LGBT equality, and what it considers the “myth” of the separation of church and state.


https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/alliance-defending-freedom

February 12, 2018

Department of Human and Health Services (HHS) under Trump worked with a conservative group on a letter announcing states no longer needed to comply with the Obama-era policy that made it harder for them to end Medicaid funding for Planned Parenthood.

A week before the Trump administration announced that states would not have to comply with Obama’s policy, the HHS reportedly received a draft legal analysis from the conservative Christian group Alliance Defending Freedom, according to House Oversight Committee ranking Democrat Elijah E. Cummings. Matt Bowman, the HHS deputy general counsel, worked at the Alliance Defending Freedom before joining the administration.

A whistleblower had shared the documents with Cummings, who said that the information raises “serious concerns about whether the Trump administration is now taking orders from an extreme right-wing interest group that is trying to deny American citizens the ability to exercise their right to obtain family planning services from the provider of their choice” in a letter to the HHS. The HHS actually sped up the processing and release of the letter so that it would coincide with January’s March for Life rally.


https://theslot.jezebel.com/trumps-hhs-worked-with-conservative-group-to-draft-lett-1822938425



Don't expect the new Health and Human Services division to bend over backward to protect doctors whose conscience compels them to provide the best possible health care if it is restricted by the hospital’s religion. The administration’s crusade is selective. The word abortion comes up 155 times in the proposed HHS rule. This dangerous move is yet another attack on women’s health in the guise of religious liberty.

The administration’s gift to opponents of contraception and abortion could have even more dire consequences, with hospitals, doctors, nurses, pharmacists and even support staff such as medical interpreters emboldened to stand in the way of reproductive health care.

This proposal skews that balance, lowers the bar for care and exposes women who seek reproductive health care to discrimination and dangerous delays. It’s time the administration stops politicizing medicine and interfering in the judgment of medical professionals.


https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/10/opinion-how-trumps-decision-puts-womens-health-at-risk/
 
A significant number of rural Americans believe President Obama was in charge when the financial crisis started. An even higher number believe the mortgage crisis was the result of the government forcing banks to give loans to unqualified minorities. It doesn’t matter how untrue both of these things are, they are gospel in rural America. Why reevaluate your beliefs and voting patterns when scapegoats are available?
Do you correct them and tell them that because Clinton deregulated the derivatives market and axed Glass-Steagall on behalf of his Wall Street buddies that banks willfully sought out those with a high-risk of default to make loans to?

I do. Because that is exactly what happened. I also remind them that Obama hired Tim Geithner and Larry Summers.
 
Do you correct them and tell them that because Clinton deregulated the derivatives market and axed Glass-Steagall on behalf of his Wall Street buddies that banks willfully sought out those with a high-risk of default to make loans to?

I do. Because that is exactly what happened. I also remind them that Obama hired Tim Geithner and Larry Summers.
Look, Clinton! Look, Obama!

Pay no heed to Dubya's illegal wars that have cost the nation TRILLIONS of bucks, or his administration allowing vast financial frauds that crashed the global economy, or his installation of a ubiquitous-surveillance security state. Oh, it's only the deserter, Dubya. Don't look.

Were Wee Willie and Barrack corporate tools? Yup. Did they lead the Dums further from the party's traditional base? Yup. Did they crash the global economy and provoke waves of terrorism? Nope.

Note: Dubya's father was an employee of Osama bin Laden's father. Dubya's grandfather was Hitler's bagman, convicted in WWI of trading with the enemy. Connect the dots.
 
Last edited:
February 25, 2018

CPAC Speaker Needed Security Escort After Flagging Trump’s Sexual Misconduct


According to Politico reporter Tim Alberta, after the panel, Charen had to be escorted out of the conference hall by security guards for her protection, though she later said she didn’t think that was necessary. Alberta described the weird scene in his writeup of the event for Politico Magazine on Sunday:

Waiting for Charen afterward in a hallway inside the Gaylord National Resort, I was surprised to see her surrounded by three security officers. She was surprised, too. Charen told me the detail had suddenly appeared backstage, “seemingly nervous,” having been assigned to protect her on the way out. As we talked, and the detail marched Charen briskly toward the front doors, a few people tried to approach her but nobody got close. “They were acting as if I were in real danger,” she texted me afterward, “which I didn’t feel at all.”



https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/25/donald-trump-conservatism-cpac-2018-217081


Her final line was interrupted with jeers and boos from the audience, mixed with scattered applause, with one woman near the front repeatedly yelling: “Not true! Not true!”

The moderator scrambled to move the panel forward, mentioning the “explosion” of incidents in which “accusation has been equal to conviction.” Many in the crowd continued shouting, several of them about the need to defend men from baseless allegations and separate good guys from bad guys.

“Speaking of bad guys,” Charen interjected, her tone louder and more aggressive than before, “there was quite an interesting person who was on this stage the other day. Her name is Marion Le Pen. Now, why was she here? Why was she here? She’s a young, no-longer-in-office politician from France. I think the only reason she was here is because she’s named Le Pen.” A man screamed from the audience: “Why are you here?” Charen continued: “And the Le Pen name is a disgrace. Her grandfather is a racist and a Nazi. She claims that she stands for him. And the fact that CPAC invited her is a disgrace.”



Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union and the chief organizer of CPAC, said he didn’t see Charen’s panel and wasn’t sure who requested the security guards.


Charen also wrote about her CPAC experience in New York Times op-ed on Sunday, pointing out that:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/25/opinion/im-glad-i-got-booed-at-cpac.html

"I was hustled out by security..."

“Politicians, activists and intellectuals have succumbed with numbing regularity, betraying every principle they once claimed to uphold,” she elaborated. Charen also said she was almost happy she got booed:

There is nothing more freeing than telling the truth. And it must be done, again and again, by those of us who refuse to be absorbed into this brainless, sinister, clownish thing called Trumpism, by those of us who refuse to overlook the fools, frauds and fascists attempting to glide along in his slipstream into respectability.


I spoke to a hostile audience for the sake of every person who has watched this spectacle of mendacity in disbelief and misery for the past two years. Just hearing the words you know are true can serve as ballast, steadying your mind when so much seems unreal.
 
Back
Top