Fly Spys with her little eye... (Photo Thread)

FlyAwayFromHere

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Posts
256
26/10/2013

This is my brand new photo thread. I will be editing THIS POST when i upload photos with the dates, so if you can know if there are new photos in the thread. All comments are welcome, dates are dd/mm/yy format, im English!

For some reason my photos loose quality after upload to photobucket... they were much crisper beforehand.

For anti-Photoshop purists i hate to disappoint but i do like touching up my photos! Some are natural but some are not/ Even if they are touched up, they looked amazing beforehand anyway!! Hope you enjoy it, i enjoyed taking them.

All critiques and advice is more than welcome, i want to improve! Although if you have a picture thread i expect a link so i can slag you off too!!

All photos are taken in England, those that are exceptionally awesome are generally in the Peak District National Park and Exmoor National Park. Butterflies, sunsets and caterpillars are my own back garden! If you want to know more about a specific photo feel free to ask.

NOTE: If anyone wants to use these pictures anywhere feel free, just credit me somewhere and message me to let me know you did it, you dont need to ask permission x


Fly x



33-SDC10521_zps0d0545e5.jpg


16-20130827_143331_zps0b13b517.jpg


17-20130827_143414_zpsbc5efeeb.jpg


05-20130903_140255_zps7de9726e.jpg


32-SDC10438_zpsf7aa91bb.jpg


20-20130827_154741_zps7d52eba6.jpg


41-IMG_3115_zpsceb6433a.jpg


42-IMG_3118_zpsf733421a.jpg


28-20130829_111629_zps4df95351.jpg


27-20130820_192324_zps2ac3764e.jpg
 
They're all gorgeous.

Photobucket resizes and uses jpg compression when you post them, so it inevitably has an effect on the quality.

I'm not a purist, but I understand those that are. I am always pleased when I play with a pic in PSP, but like the original better. A rare occasion, I might add.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes i leave pics as they are... but most of mine have had a fair bit of saturation usage and a little extra shadow. I just see it as an artificial way of turning the sun up/down haha! The pink flower, which is one of my favourites, is not edited at all... that was a lucky shot as that was a really sunny day and the colours came up perfect. I dont think i was even using macro setting as i was just showing my friend how to take a picture lol...

thanks for the comments :)
 
Yeah, sometimes i leave pics as they are... but most of mine have had a fair bit of saturation usage and a little extra shadow. I just see it as an artificial way of turning the sun up/down haha! The pink flower, which is one of my favourites, is not edited at all... that was a lucky shot as that was a really sunny day and the colours came up perfect. I dont think i was even using macro setting as i was just showing my friend how to take a picture lol...

thanks for the comments :)

I wouldn't complain about a bit more sunshine. :)
 
Stunning!

Absolutely STUNNING! You have a great eye for lighting, color, placement and depth! For what its worth, I think your black and whites are very dramatic. Thanks so much for sharing!
 
Love the hills and forests, since emigrating from southern England to the Netherlands I've certainly missed that kind of landscape. I spent several summers in Exmoor and I fancy I recognise some of the views you've captured.
 
Back
Top