False notes

twelveoone

ground zero
or something that is off, generally speaking in poetry it is death. However, sometimes good writers sometimes use them as a sort of key change. The problem is sometimes the audience does not follow. A classic example would be Lord Bryon's bad rhymes that he often used for satiric purposes, which is different from Ogden Nash's where it is obvious. A few writers here have the ability to show you two things at once, GM as stated previously had that ability. "I am saying this, but hinting at something else", Shakespeare could do it. This is a form of ambiguity, more correctly may ambivalence. To be or not to be...

I strongly recommend his Boddhisattva for that reason. There is a message, the word choice flows AGAINST the message, it is cumulative and subtle. In other words:
This is good writing, an example of something you rarely see (in part because it is difficult), he is showing you two opposing pictures, one white, one black, you have form the gray yourself.
My reading of this is not quite satiric, although possible, but more a rather strong ambivalence. My cryptic note was about him beginning to see the same thing on one of mine. Whether he was conscious or it (I doubt) or (more likely) he saw a possible tool for use when he left that comment.
This again is the value of comments, if you see something in others work even if it really isn't there, you can use it in your own.

BTW, peering though the veil of illusion is a Buddhist tenet. So if I'm right, he is emulating...

*subscribes*

i know i miss things, or stray down paths not really there... will go back again to look at GM's piece. seemed to me he was saying that one can gain tanquillity but observation > understanding > the universal nature of things. that for every action, there is a reaction, for every solid thing there is its counterpart. only together is there completeness, serenity. (or maybe i made that up just now...)

you, twelve, can be a very obscure writer! rewarding when i discover your intended meanings, rewarding even when i invent my own :eek: I'm not suggesting you dumb-down, not for one moment, but there is SO much going on in your writes they're likely going to take time to peel and reveal - lots of people won't take the time; others will and still miss what's going on; but, so long as a reader is rewarded, in whatever way, they will return to new writes.

*subscribes*

i know i miss things, or stray down paths not really there... will go back again to look at GM's piece. seemed to me he was saying that one can gain tanquillity but observation > understanding > the universal nature of things. that for every action, there is a reaction, for every solid thing there is its counterpart. only together is there completeness, serenity. (or maybe i made that up just now...)

you, twelve, can be a very obscure writer! rewarding when i discover your intended meanings, rewarding even when i invent my own :eek: I'm not suggesting you dumb-down, not for one moment, but there is SO much going on in your writes they're likely going to take time to peel and reveal - lots of people won't take the time; others will and still miss what's going on; but, so long as a reader is rewarded, in whatever way, they will return to new writes.
GM did do that, I also suspect he set up a counter flow.

As for me, all I do is try to write some thing of interest (same as everybody else), generally speaking, I am happy with the audience I have, although I miss annaswirls and WickedEve.
I am capable of writing otherwise but I would not be happy.

Your statement stands in stark contrast to the two that implied I was a "popular" writer or I was "pandering". Decided lack of depth from those two.

BTW
rewarding even when i invent my own
is what I think better poetry is about, a discovery and an inducement. GM often does that, you do, as do others here and the others that are no longer here.

Back