The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I haven't seen a dentist in about 2.5 years. :eek:

Morning all, it's rare for me to be up this early on a day off, but I couldn't sleep anymore... besides sleep is for the lazy.

As old Ben Franklin would have said:

Same here, especially when cats keep jumping on the bed every time you start to drift off. I do like that quote though, probably better than my usual "I'll sleep when I'm dead".

A solid roof over one's head is always a good thing. Dentist? Nothing major I hope?

Rain took a break for now, but it was crashing down not more than 15 minutes ago. Still debating if I need to fit my car with an outboard motor and pontoons before I leave for work later.
Monthly adjustment of the braces, that's all. Still, you're right that it will be good to have a solid roof overhead. Heck, I might actually even spend more of the winter sleeping in the master bedroom instead of the guest room.

I remember having a car that I seriously considered fitting with pontoons....

Personally I haven't seen a dentist in about 2.5 years. :eek:

Morning all, it's rare for me to be up this early on a day off, but I couldn't sleep anymore... besides sleep is for the lazy.

As old Ben Franklin would have said:
Two and a half years? That sounds like me before I moved up here. All I have to say is, Thank Goodness for OHIP and supplemental insurance.

Yeah, sometimes you just have to get up, even when you don't. Maybe you can get some writing done. :)

Monthly adjustment of the braces, that's all. Still, you're right that it will be good to have a solid roof overhead. Heck, I might actually even spend more of the winter sleeping in the master bedroom instead of the guest room.

I remember having a car that I seriously considered fitting with pontoons....

Two and a half years? That sounds like me before I moved up here. All I have to say is, Thank Goodness for OHIP and supplemental insurance.

Yeah, sometimes you just have to get up, even when you don't. Maybe you can get some writing done. :)

Ah, so routine procedure. Also, thanks for saving me from the wall. :heart:

I know I'll get a lot of writing done.

Chapter 2 is 2945 words so far, and I doubt I'm even half way done it yet!

I also need to wrack my brain to come up with a name for a social networking site that has an available .com domain name. Suggestions would be welcome.

I know I'll get a lot of writing done.

Chapter 2 is 2945 words so far, and I doubt I'm even half way done it yet!

I also need to wrack my brain to come up with a name for a social networking site that has an available .com domain name. Suggestions would be welcome.

"
SoNet​
" ?

Same here, especially when cats keep jumping on the bed every time you start to drift off. I do like that quote though, probably better than my usual "I'll sleep when I'm dead".
Hmm, that's part of why I don't have cats. I love them, I'm also allergic to them, so they wouldn't be allowed in my bedroom.

Ah, so routine procedure. Also, thanks for saving me from the wall. :heart:
It's why they call it the Pacific NorthWet, right?

"
SoNet​
" ?
Oh, that would work for me. This has my vote, topace!

Good afternoon to you, HP. :)

Hmm, that's part of why I don't have cats. I love them, I'm also allergic to them, so they wouldn't be allowed in my bedroom.

It's why they call it the Pacific NorthWet, right?

Oh, that would work for me. This has my vote, topace!

Good afternoon to you, HP. :)

Pacific NorthWet?. Does that men Seattle, Tacoma and up there?
(I fly a mean Flight Simulator in all manner of strange places).

It's a pity we cannot put such an appelation to Cumbria, (North-West UK)
And a warm Good Afternoon to youm, Anna.
3.30pm and it's getting very dark round here!

Pacific NorthWet?. Does that men Seattle, Tacoma and up there?
(I fly a mean Flight Simulator in all manner of strange places).

It's a pity we cannot put such an appelation to Cumbria, (North-West UK)
And a warm Good Afternoon to youm, Anna.
3.30pm and it's getting very dark round here!

The way I remember it when I was much younger, "Pacific Northwest" properly refers to Washington, Oregon and Idaho. "Pacific NorthWET" was the western half of Washington and Oregon, where we got all the rainfall. So, yeah, Seattle and Tacoma, but also up to the border with Canada and down to about Eugene.

Oh, we were talking accents not long ago. I spoke to the director about what she wants. Of the three women in the show, one should have a fairly upper-class accent while one she's thinking would be Cockney (or close). The third should be between them.

The way I remember it when I was much younger, "Pacific Northwest" properly refers to Washington, Oregon and Idaho. "Pacific NorthWET" was the western half of Washington and Oregon, where we got all the rainfall. So, yeah, Seattle and Tacoma, but also up to the border with Canada and down to about Eugene.

Oh, we were talking accents not long ago. I spoke to the director about what she wants. Of the three women in the show, one should have a fairly upper-class accent while one she's thinking would be Cockney (or close). The third should be between them.

Oh you are going to have trouble with a Cockney accent, unless you have a really good dialogue coach /person. But hey ho, study a few of the Hollywood musicals.

SoNet huh? I like the ring of that! Thanks for the suggestion HP!

A variation could be SoulNet...

I'm up to 3483 words already. They just seem to pour out of my brain and onto the page when I'm on a roll.

Edit: Both SoNet and SoulNet have been taken... drats!:(

Any other suggestions you guys and gals have? Unlike other social sites, this one will cater to adults and not teens.:heart::devil:

Last edited:
Back from the audition. It was... interesting.

Oh you are going to have trouble with a Cockney accent, unless you have a really good dialogue coach /person. But hey ho, study a few of the Hollywood musicals.
As it turns out, I don't have to worry about attempting a Cockney accent, although I'm sure I could pull one off with the proper coaching. The director was saying that, for now, she sees the young maid as having a Cockney accent and there's just not enough stage lighting/makeup that will let me cover for 19.

I'll be studying Downton Abbey. Well, I'm doing that whether or not I actually get a role.

One eye down and one to go. The bandage comes off tomorrow a.m. and I'll have 20/20 vision for the first time since I was eight! Plus I've lost 15 lbs. and my blood sugar is down to 104. Just in time for Thanksgiving, heh, heh, heh!

Whatever you do, don't copy Audrey Hepburn's in My Fair Lady. That was Christ-awful. She laid it on with a trowel and sounded like a lunatic fishwife. I've heard Cockney spoken in my time, and that sure as Hell wasn't it.

Speaking of, I also hate these supposedly 'Southern' accents in movies. They all sound like Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show or Andy, hisself in No Time for Sergeants. I mean corn pone and blackstrap molasses ...Whooee! I've been around lots of Southern folks and none of 'em I've ever met talk like that. :D

Whatever you do, don't copy Audrey Hepburn's in My Fair Lady. That was Christ-awful. She laid it on with a trowel and sounded like a lunatic fishwife. I've heard Cockney spoken in my time, and that sure as Hell wasn't it.

Speaking of, I also hate these supposedly 'Southern' accents in movies. They all sound like Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show or Andy, hisself in No Time for Sergeants. I mean corn pone and blackstrap molasses ...Whooee! I've been around lots of Southern folks and none of 'em I've ever met talk like that. :D

HA!! So funny you should mention the bad accents in MFL. There was a guy at the audition, reading in an accent my friend and I were laughing that he must have borrowed it from Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

At any rate, it won't matter since the Cockney girl role isn't in my age range. If I get a part, I'll be able to pick up an appropriate accent from Downton Abbey.

HA!! So funny you should mention the bad accents in MFL. There was a guy at the audition, reading in an accent my friend and I were laughing that he must have borrowed it from Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

At any rate, it won't matter since the Cockney girl role isn't in my age range. If I get a part, I'll be able to pick up an appropriate accent from Downton Abbey.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. :D

So you follow that soaper, eh? Good ol' PBS always gets the best shows from the BBC. I followed Upstairs, Downstairs for a good while in the early 70's, then RL interfered and that was that. Is Coronation Street still on?

Congrats, Bear.

Anna, good to see you again.

Ace, you're looking fine.

Cc, where the hell have you been?

Tom, you sexy thang...

You're never around when I am, Handy-man.

Panic time, folks. Final countdown has begun and in 37 hours this house will be full of feasters. I'm off to do the final scrubbings, rubbings, polishings and food creations. If you have religion, pray for me.

Congrats, Bear.

Tom, you sexy thang...

Panic time, folks. Final countdown has begun and in 37 hours this house will be full of feasters. I'm off to do the final scrubbings, rubbings, polishings and food creations. If you have religion, pray for me.

On my knees praying to the party gods for a wonderful and successful gathering for you Molly.

Congrats, Bear.

Tom, you sexy thang...

I got mah fingers and toes crossed fer yuh, Molly, me love. :kiss: Give 'em Hell. :D

One eye down and one to go. The bandage comes off tomorrow a.m. and I'll have 20/20 vision for the first time since I was eight! Plus I've lost 15 lbs. and my blood sugar is down to 104. Just in time for Thanksgiving, heh, heh, heh!

Fingers Crossed for you, Bear.

Finger prints! Argh!

Very useful in crime programmes, I believe.
More power to your elbow, Molly.

Congrats, Bear.

Tom, you sexy thang...

Good to see you again too, Molly!

Good grief, the day before and I still don't know what I'm serving. I guess I'll have to think about that while I'm out shopping for my Christmas Party dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back