The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
The landscapers are here in the light rain this morning continuing to make my new 'suburban' home look more like the Northern Forest I find more comfortable. You may take the Bear out of the woods but given enough time, he'll find his way back.

Thanks, everyone. Cancelled as in who knows if/when it might happen. The loop recorder implant was in only three days when it detected problems. Now I begin a new med and pray a blood clot doesn't break loose and cause a stroke . . . or worse.

Rumchata.
rum_chata.jpg

Thanks, everyone.
Cancelled as in who knows if/when it might happen.
The loop recorder implant was in only three days when it detected problems.
Now I begin a new med and pray a blood clot doesn't break loose and cause a stroke . . . or worse.

Heaven forbid, Madam.
:kiss:

Thanks, everyone. Cancelled as in who knows if/when it might happen. The loop recorder implant was in only three days when it detected problems. Now I begin a new med and pray a blood clot doesn't break loose and cause a stroke . . . or worse.

:rose: hugs

Ransom of Red Pussy just posted. It's another old story and inspired by a thread on AH from way back then. Enjoy and tell me what you think.

Ransom of Red Pussy

I see ghosts in my dreams.

I have fucking ghosts in my stories.

(I blame a stinker of a movie starring Peter O'Toole and Darryl Hannah - High Spirits. O'Toole played a drunken Irishman. Hannah? A ghost whose acting was criminally bad.)

Last edited:
Hey now, the coffee shop is a lot of things but it is not haunted. Not in a ghostly fashion in any case.

Got some work done in the yard and repaired the old wooden screen door that is the main one used on the back porch. Orange chicken and rice for supper. I'm thinking of hot chocolate for a little later and maybe some writing.

I think ghastly is way past ghostly on several levels. :D

Someone in the neighborhood is warming up their metal band. At the moment I'm hearing more tambourine than vocals. At least what they're playing now is more upbeat than the drivel they were playing earlier.

Edit: Oh, and cowbell. Don't forget the cowbell.

Last edited:
Someone in the neighborhood is warming up their metal band. At the moment I'm hearing more tambourine than vocals. At least what they're playing now is more upbeat than the drivel they were playing earlier.

Edit: Oh, and cowbell. Don't forget the cowbell.

A metal band without a cow bell is worse than a metal band with one. IMHO, in any case. :D

Ok, it is late and I'm ready for bed. Now lets see if my body agrees.

A metal band without a cow bell is worse than a metal band with one. IMHO, in any case. :D

Ok, it is late and I'm ready for bed. Now lets see if my body agrees.

Keep dissing metal and ghosts and I'll feel unwanted:eek:

Glad I saw the sign lit up for this place. When I popped in and looked around the AH this morning I thought I'd taken a wrong turn into the GB. Lot of old faces with new faces here of late.

I over dosed on caffeine yesterday, think I'll just grab a hot chocolate. Fact it hit sixty here yesterday, but will only reach 30 today is part of that decision as well. WTF New England?

Keep dissing metal and ghosts and I'll feel unwanted:eek:

Glad I saw the sign lit up for this place. When I popped in and looked around the AH this morning I thought I'd taken a wrong turn into the GB. Lot of old faces with new faces here of late.

I over dosed on caffeine yesterday, think I'll just grab a hot chocolate. Fact it hit sixty here yesterday, but will only reach 30 today is part of that decision as well. WTF New England?

No kidding! High of 24 here today. Wind is blowing and it's snowing.

Morning all. Even you LC. As far as i can tell, I haven't dissed metal yet or ghost for that matter. You on the other hand.... ;)

High in the mid 80's here with lots of sunshine. It's supposed to be that way until Friday night when one of those weird Yankee low pressures show up with some rain. That ain't bad either since we need a little rain and my yard is mowed.

I have writing to do this morning and work in the shop this afternoon.

Fresh coffee and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back